Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8
Re: Houston TX USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: February 14, 2024 03:12

dnewton98@yahoo.com thank you for all the help. i will be contacting you a month before..my email is kenhoran61@gmail.com....

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 14, 2024 03:50

great - happy to help - if for some reason I don't respond in 24 hours ping again but I will be on the look out.

kkhoranstoned
dnewton98@yahoo.com thank you for all the help. i will be contacting you a month before..my email is kenhoran61@gmail.com....

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: February 14, 2024 05:27

Red line is the one that goes to NRG. It will be jammed but you can get out because numerous trains. All the med ctr buildings and hospitals are in theory a no no as lots are for the hospitals but people do it - but I think that is safest area at midnight on a Sunday. Some other folks are staying at hotels there so that is fine to ride as they get off there.

I am looking and I don't like any metro stations at night in midtown or downtown... too desolate in Houston. But there will be tons of people going somewhere.. just trying to figure out best place that is safe and other people parking there. I might head downtown and see garages near the downtown stations that have a lot of people parking in them and walking to the Downtown stations.

The Preston SB/NB stations are near bars, restaurants so it will be way more people even on Sunday but 25 minute ride to there.. Do you live in the Houston area?
[www.google.com]

quote=Stonesfan2146]
dnewton99
I live in Houston and it can be a major 1.5 hour gridlock to park and there are not a ton of remote lots. Unfortunately you can't park near exit if you want. There are some lots that some people have better luck with but I would recommend uber/lyft and don't use the uber lot for pickup. Walk north till you get to commercial area and then call an uber. There is a very short rail line so you can park near rail and take it back and forth. Just use caution as a few lots are in sketch areas along rail.

Stonesfan2146
Does anybody know how expensive parking is at the stadium? And if it's easy to get there and get out by car?

Thank you so much! smiling smiley You are probably talking about the MetroRail Red, green and purple line? Is there any station where you can recommend us to leave the car, where it's safe and there are good parking options?[/quote]

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: March 17, 2024 19:23

For those still looking for tickets, there appear to be some very good seats on Keith's side close to the stage at face value still available. They say side view but I don't think that's correct. I love to sit in those sections usually. Not been to Houston but Section 125 looks like a great section to be in.

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: March 22, 2024 21:37

PIT A&B tickets currently available for Houston.

Only as AXS Premium tickets. $751. face + fees = about $890./ ticket.

Frontier Airlines
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: March 23, 2024 05:34

Has anyone had any experience with Frontier Airlines? I'm looking to book a same-day flight to Houston to catch the Stones.

Re: Frontier Airlines
Posted by: SS ()
Date: March 23, 2024 05:53

90% chance everything will be fine. The obvious downside is if there's a cancellation due to mechanical, there may not be another flight or spare plane like the larger carriers.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 23, 2024 06:03

Aren’t they one of the lines whose fleet is almost 100% comprised of the bad jets?

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: March 23, 2024 06:22

I have had trouble with late arrivals on Frontier.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 23, 2024 08:08

Any airline can be bad at times. You never know these days. Done Frontier before and its been fine.

Posted by: cyclist ()
Date: March 23, 2024 08:17

I wouldn't risk it.

You can look up the history of whichever flight you're eyeing. You'll see how often it's been late.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 23, 2024 09:27

OT. Just sayin....

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 23, 2024 11:17

Never fly day of show.

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 23, 2024 11:26

Topi
Never fly day of show.

Words of wisdom. That can NEVER be said enough.

Never fly day of show.

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 23, 2024 16:39

Not an airline I will fly.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 23, 2024 17:16

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 23, 2024 17:22

Topi
Never fly day of show.

I did once and got away with it. (Paris 2007). But it's good advice and I won't be doing it again!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 23, 2024 17:29

CaptainCorella
Topi
Never fly day of show.

Never fly day of show.

That's the goal but how does get from one city to another when there are back to back shows?

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 23, 2024 18:04

Topi
Never fly day of show.

True, but I couldn't resist buying a $49 Frontier ticket yesterday for LAX-DEN.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 24, 2024 04:33

Hit or miss! ... Just did a trip to Jacksonville, all was perfect on the way there.

Return flight!! It was scheduled for 2:15pm, got there early, noon'ish. The it was delayed to 3:30 ... then 4:30 ... then 5:30 ... then 6:30 ... then 10:30 ... once we got that notice we decided to eat dinner. THEN at 7:30 they gave dinner credit for the airport, after most like us had already ate our food!! It was then pushed to 11:30pm as the final time but we didn't actually take off until 12:15am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-24 04:34 by LeonidP.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 24, 2024 06:20

LeonidP
Hit or miss! ... Just did a trip to Jacksonville, all was perfect on the way there.

Return flight!! It was scheduled for 2:15pm, got there early, noon'ish. The it was delayed to 3:30 ... then 4:30 ... then 5:30 ... then 6:30 ... then 10:30 ... once we got that notice we decided to eat dinner. THEN at 7:30 they gave dinner credit for the airport, after most like us had already ate our food!! It was then pushed to 11:30pm as the final time but we didn't actually take off until 12:15am.

Sounds like this should be your last flight with them, or in other words, "The Final Frontier".

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: March 24, 2024 07:18

daspyknows
CaptainCorella
Topi
Never fly day of show.

Never fly day of show.

That's the goal but how does get from one city to another when there are back to back shows?

I'd not spotted any back to back shows on recent Rolling Stones tours?

--
Captain Corella
60 Years a Fan

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2024 10:16

I would be more concerned if I had to fly on a Boeing plane... cool smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 24, 2024 14:35

Sockers56
Has anyone had any experience with Frontier Airlines? I'm looking to book a same-day flight to Houston to catch the Stones.

It all depends on how important the show is to you. If you pay a lot for the show ticket, then pay almost nothing to get there late on show day, it's a gamble.

Bjornulf

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: March 24, 2024 16:08

bv
Sockers56

It all depends on how important the show is to you. If you pay a lot for the show ticket, then pay almost nothing to get there late on show day, it's a gamble.

I think that's a very good point. On the past European tours I did several shows where I had a flight on show day. Mostly to save a day off at work and money reasons. Therefore I was able to catch around 10 shows per tour with only using my regular amount of holidays at work but the possibility of missing a show because a flight got cancelled. But that's part of the game in my case. Of course I wouldn't do it if I would only attend a few shows or only one Like this year. Therefore I will fly on Friday to Houston. I had luck and never missed a concert because of late/cancelled flights but you have to think how much risk you want to take.

Posted by: Chitown23 ()
Date: March 25, 2024 03:57

Start Me Up PIT packages available now on AXS for $751 plus fees. ($892 total)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-25 03:58 by Chitown23.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: March 31, 2024 23:40

I got unused Frontier miles and they go from San Diego to Houston so I might just do that anyway as I am going to the Neil shows April 24/25.

Just saw Kane Brown in playing the Toyota Center on April 27 so I might do that too.

May also have a spare ticket for whoever can provide logistical assistance whatever that may entail (couch, ride from airport etc). If no one can offer, I will still have the ticket show afternoon but not offered for sale until I can see what opportunities are out there.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 2, 2024 20:24

treaclefingers
LeonidP

Sounds like this should be your last flight with them, or in other words, "The Final Frontier".

Isn't that the next Journey album? Spock the hell am I thinking, they'll never record again.

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 8, 2024 23:11

Heads up!

Pit A tickets available NOW on AXS.com for face value: $499+taxes and fees.

See y'all there!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: April 9, 2024 02:16

Mr Jimmy
Heads up!

Pit A tickets available NOW on AXS.com for face value: $499+taxes and fees.

See y'all there!

Just got 2. See you there.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 2 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2378
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home