Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Houston TX USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 29, 2023 13:26

Please post your comments, questions and info related the following Rolling Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour 2024 show and travel here:

Houston TX USA

Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-04-23 02:14 by bv.

Re: Houston TX USA 2024 - Stones travel and show info
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 29, 2023 23:59

Anybody ends up with a spare pit ticket, let me know. No luck in today's sales (including VIP), but will keep trying.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: November 30, 2023 03:34

Houston tour kick off can't wait last tour kick off for me was 89 philly...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 2, 2023 18:03

Glad to see this one is not at a racetrack...Austin was rough. Not as bad as Altamont but y'know

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: December 2, 2023 18:37

I live in Houston not too far from the venue. Let me know if you need any hotel, area insights. Happy to assist

Donna

Posted by: followyoudown ()
Date: December 2, 2023 19:44

Munichhilton
Glad to see this one is not at a racetrack...Austin was rough. Not as bad as Altamont but y'know

Circuit of the Americas was a nightmare. Never again will I go there. Only saving grace was Keith's beautiful version of You Got the Silver.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 13:00

MY LD pair is spoken for.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 4, 2023 19:40

Topi, what do you mean ?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 4, 2023 22:50

marclaff

Topi, what do you mean ?

That I found a taker for it.

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: December 6, 2023 00:02

I'm looking for one pit ticket for this show, FV, for either side SMU package or regular entry.

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: December 7, 2023 23:57

i will be joining you..first time opening night

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: December 13, 2023 14:31

NRG Stadium info request for someone near by and familiar.

The last few tours I have listened to and reported here about rehearsals. I would like to do the same if I can get near and hear the band rehearse at NRG the few days before the first show.

Does this seem possible at NRG Stadium?

Posted by: llsbsk ()
Date: December 27, 2023 05:25

I have checked multiple times a day since tickets went on sale and have never seen any Pit tickets or SMU packages available. Did I miss something or do I just need to be patient? For that matter, I have not seen either of those available for any other city in the last two weeks, Thoughts?

Date: January 19, 2024 21:28

could we see 5 to 6 new or never played songs???
could this be a different concert...what is a must see in houston?
thank you for your input

Posted by: AJDuffer ()
Date: January 20, 2024 05:50

I'm hopeful of 5-6 new ones, but we likely will get 2-3 new ones mostly from their new album, which would still be cool.

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: January 21, 2024 05:46

Munichhilton

Zilker Park > Circuit of the Americas

They did play at the massive Texas Motor Speedway in ‘97.
—cavernous place with a strange line up, Matchbox 20 (remember them?), Dave Mathews Band, Smashing Pumpkins and The Stones.

Stones put on a fun show with good setlist

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: February 8, 2024 00:06

dnewton99
I live in Houston not too far from the venue. Let me know if you need any hotel, area insights. Happy to assist

Donna

I have reservations for both Hyatt Place Medical Center and Choice hotels near NRG. Would you recommend one over the other? I’d like to be able to walk to the venue but I also like nice accommodations. Thanks for your help.

Date: February 8, 2024 00:22

hello - so I know people staying at the Hyatt Place and it is definitely walkable 1.3 miles per google maps walking.

It is in an area with tons of office and medical buildings so not great for other stuff but it is brand new and looks very nice and I drove by it and it is good spot - not the closest but not far 15-20 minutes and it is flat in Houston. Unfortunately the rail station is a bit past it so you almost walk further to the rail than 1/2 way to NRG. Before and after concert there will be tons of people walking.

Choice Hotels near NRG.. I can't find that hotel must be the Quality Inn. I posted above a link. I think anything south of NRG Stadium and southwest even across the street is sketchy area so I wouldn't recommend unless you are use to that kind of thing..

Iguanamom
dnewton99

Donna

I have reservations for both Hyatt Place Medical Center and Choice hotels near NRG. Would you recommend one over the other? I’d like to be able to walk to the venue but I also like nice accommodations. Thanks for your help.

Posted by: Iguanamom ()
Date: February 8, 2024 01:41

Thanks so much - definitely helpful.
I’d like to avoid walking in sketchy areas. We had to when the Stones were at Sofi Stadium in LA and we had a hotel about a mile down the road. Buses and Uber were not available. I believe in Guardian angels but I don’t want to push it. Thanks again.
dnewton99
hello - so I know people staying at the Hyatt Place and it is definitely walkable 1.3 miles per google maps walking.

It is in an area with tons of office and medical buildings so not great for other stuff but it is brand new and looks very nice and I drove by it and it is good spot - not the closest but not far 15-20 minutes and it is flat in Houston. Unfortunately the rail station is a bit past it so you almost walk further to the rail than 1/2 way to NRG. Before and after concert there will be tons of people walking.

Choice Hotels near NRG.. I can't find that hotel must be the Quality Inn. I posted above a link. I think anything south of NRG Stadium and southwest even across the street is sketchy area so I wouldn't recommend unless you are use to that kind of thing..

Iguanamom
dnewton99

Donna

Posted by: Crackinup ()
Date: February 8, 2024 22:07

A couple hundred lower level side stage tickets are suddenly available for Houston. They're at standard price instead of AXS premium, but that's still $399. + fees.

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: February 8, 2024 23:05

Stones Doug from shidoobee just announced pre tour party in Houston on Saturday...

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 10, 2024 17:47

Hi there--looking for advice from those of you from Houston. I am planning on going to Houston for the opener and taking my wife so we would like to stay in a "tourist" part of town that is well situated for doing tourist type activities. I usually stay walking distance from the show but since we will be there for 3 days I don't really want to do that this time unless that is the good part of town. I have also found it is easy to walk a mile or so after the show to a local hotel and have a dring and uber from there to wherever I am going. Anyway, looking for suggestions of locations to stay for a weekend type getaway. Thanks in advance!

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 10, 2024 20:05

Does anybody know how expensive parking is at the stadium? And if it's easy to get there and get out by car?

Date: February 11, 2024 18:00

good morning i m staying at hyatt place medical ctr
what is the distance to art district ...walkable??.is there any other events that weekend??.i haven t flown in 25 years this will be fun.i m solo. hope to chat catch some art,, oh yeah// the concert ..big event..6 new songs..right

Date: February 13, 2024 20:01

Hello - I live in Houston in Montrose and can provide some insights and tips and tricks. Feel free to email me at dnewton98@yahoo.com and I we can interact directly. But basically the areas visitors or tourists would stay in are Galleria, Montrose/Midtown/Rice/Museum District/Med Center or possibly downtown. Downtown is deserted and many areas can be seedy at night as few live down there - but there is a concentration of restaurants downtown near Market Square (Autograph Hotel a Marriott). I don't love downtown frankly. Med center/Museum District is probably best central area for access to the venue (via short rail or uber) and all the tourists stuff depending on what you want to do, restaurants, museums, parks. Montrose/Midtown/Rice Un area have the best restaurants, bars, pubs. With a few downtown and few in EADO (east of downtown)... All those areas are near each other and the venue.

keefmick
Hi there--looking for advice from those of you from Houston. I am planning on going to Houston for the opener and taking my wife so we would like to stay in a "tourist" part of town that is well situated for doing tourist type activities. I usually stay walking distance from the show but since we will be there for 3 days I don't really want to do that this time unless that is the good part of town. I have also found it is easy to walk a mile or so after the show to a local hotel and have a dring and uber from there to wherever I am going. Anyway, looking for suggestions of locations to stay for a weekend type getaway. Thanks in advance!

Date: February 13, 2024 20:04

I live in Houston and it can be a major 1.5 hour gridlock to park and there are not a ton of remote lots. Unfortunately you can't park near exit if you want. There are some lots that some people have better luck with but I would recommend uber/lyft and don't use the uber lot for pickup. Walk north till you get to commercial area and then call an uber. There is a very short rail line so you can park near rail and take it back and forth. Just use caution as a few lots are in sketch areas along rail.

Stonesfan2146
Does anybody know how expensive parking is at the stadium? And if it's easy to get there and get out by car?

Date: February 13, 2024 20:11

Hello I live in Houston and near your hotel and venue. All the hotels near the venue and the medical center are in a commercial building area with not much around but not far from all the areas with restaurants and museums You can walk to and from venue. Hyatt Place has rail nearby and short uber to great art museums - we have world class Museum of Fine Arts Houston, Contemporary Arts Museum, Menil Museum. MFAH is large with many wings, scultpure garden. The Centential Gardnens next door is very pretty to walk through. Local art is not concentrated but some local artists on Spring Street. Some info here [www.travelandleisure.com] try to make it at sunset or sunrise to the Turrell. And tons of restaurants in Rice Village and Montrose near museums and near Rice University are all within 15 minutes of your hotel. ping me directly if you want more dnewton98@yahoo.com

kkhoranstoned
good morning i m staying at hyatt place medical ctr
what is the distance to art district ...walkable??.is there any other events that weekend??.i haven t flown in 25 years this will be fun.i m solo. hope to chat catch some art,, oh yeah// the concert ..big event..6 new songs..right

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: February 13, 2024 20:22

Thanks dnewton99!

Date: February 13, 2024 20:23

Not sure anyone every answered this
I live in Houston and mostly the entire NRG facility and parking lots are gated, fenced with guards with the only openings the ticket booths. There is the Astrodome, and NRG Arena on the same grounds so large. But if you act like you are supposed to be there they might let you in or if you claim you are taking a tour of the Astrodome or something and friends have the tickets. But given it they rarely open the roof and it isn't open on the sides I don't know that you could hear anything or just faint blur echo. Email me if you want to chat directly dnewton98@yahoo.com Kirby drive side is a public street so you could try that. See map here - scroll down [www.nrgpark.com]

2120Joe
NRG Stadium info request for someone near by and familiar.

The last few tours I have listened to and reported here about rehearsals. I would like to do the same if I can get near and hear the band rehearse at NRG the few days before the first show.

Does this seem possible at NRG Stadium?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 14, 2024 02:43

dnewton99
I live in Houston and it can be a major 1.5 hour gridlock to park and there are not a ton of remote lots. Unfortunately you can't park near exit if you want. There are some lots that some people have better luck with but I would recommend uber/lyft and don't use the uber lot for pickup. Walk north till you get to commercial area and then call an uber. There is a very short rail line so you can park near rail and take it back and forth. Just use caution as a few lots are in sketch areas along rail.

Stonesfan2146

Thank you so much! smiling smiley You are probably talking about the MetroRail Red, green and purple line? Is there any station where you can recommend us to leave the car, where it's safe and there are good parking options?

Goto Page: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2294
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home