Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21
Re: Lucky Dip Tickets 2024
Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 23:11

I know this has been asked before, but if I have a pair of LD for Atlanta and I want to trade for, lets say, Chicago, how does that work? Don't the parties have to be together when they make the switch. I think Topi answered this once before.

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: December 4, 2023 23:36

MisterDDDD
Glendale was easy for me smileys with beer

me too and Vegas!

Posted by: bengigan ()
Date: December 4, 2023 23:45

Sockers56
I know this has been asked before, but if I have a pair of LD for Atlanta and I want to trade for, lets say, Chicago, how does that work? Don't the parties have to be together when they make the switch. I think Topi answered this once before.

Can you be more specific what you mean by trade?

You cannot transfer a pair to someone else in Ticketmaster

You can *try* to have someone pick up a pair instead of you if they have your ID but this is likely to fail

You can give your +1 spare to someone by bringing them as your guest, and they can do the same for you at the other show. Thereby completing the trade and you each get to see both shows

Posted by: Harpo ()
Date: December 5, 2023 02:34

At Heinz Field in 2021 I was handed a pair of Lucky Dip tickets that said SECTION/AISLE Lucky. The ticket had a row and seat number as well as a price. Most Lucky Dips have comp or $00.00 on them. But it said SECTION Lucky.

I asked where the Lucky section was. Every worker had a different answer to my question. They tried to put me in rear general admission on the floor. I said if this is lucky, then what is the area in front of me? Luckier section? They gave me pit!

I hope someone hands me a Lucky SECTION Dip ticket this time around. The pit was great!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 03:17

bengigan
Sockers56

Can you be more specific what you mean by trade?

You cannot transfer a pair to someone else in Ticketmaster

You can *try* to have someone pick up a pair instead of you if they have your ID but this is likely to fail

You can give your +1 spare to someone by bringing them as your guest, and they can do the same for you at the other show. Thereby completing the trade and you each get to see both shows

Well, Benigan, I think you answered my question in the last two sentences. I am meeting a friend in Houston as he has a spare LD & we are also meeting in Santa Clara as I have a spare LD for him. I've heard different opinions about LD tickets that they can be transferred to someone else. I think you hit the nail on the head. Thanks!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 5, 2023 05:14

Sockers56: "trading" spare LDs is perfectly fine just like bengigan wrote above. You're going to need somebody to go with you, so it might as well be someone that holds a spare LD to Timbuktu or whatever.

Trading whole pairs is another matter.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-06 15:11 by Topi.

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: December 6, 2023 12:29

Posted in the Van City thread also, but am looking for a spare LD ticket for Vancouver. A friend is looking for one.

Posted by: Tilla ()
Date: January 3, 2024 16:56

Re-checking the links every now and then on the off-chance that some will be available again (as I got lucky on previous tours, especially shortly before). Does anyone have a "working" Santa Clara link? As it seems to be the only one that says page not found rather than sold out.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: January 3, 2024 17:40

You mean the ticketmaster links or the RS one ?

Date: January 3, 2024 19:14

The actual LD link

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 3, 2024 21:44

Tilla
Re-checking the links every now and then on the off-chance that some will be available again (as I got lucky on previous tours, especially shortly before). Does anyone have a "working" Santa Clara link? As it seems to be the only one that says page not found rather than sold out.

The difference in 2019/2021 tours was that people were allowed to return their tickets because of tour postponements. As the 2023 tour are still the original dates noone is able to return their LD tickets. I don't think there's a chance that LD will become available again. Beside the postponed dates this only happened for some 2018 UK dates where the tickets didn't sell well.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 3, 2024 22:20

For the people who keep track of lucky dip stats, do you notice any pattern (of what type of seats dips translate to) for a more or less sold out show vs a show that isn't a strong seller?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-04 03:31 by BeastyBurdeny.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: January 5, 2024 04:48

I have been trying the same thing for NJ

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: January 10, 2024 23:55

Checking LD links now and then - nothing so far...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 11, 2024 03:43

I'm kicking myself for not getting a set of dips for Vegas.

Date: January 13, 2024 16:19

hockenheim95
Tilla

The difference in 2019/2021 tours was that people were allowed to return their tickets because of tour postponements. As the 2023 tour are still the original dates noone is able to return their LD tickets. I don't think there's a chance that LD will become available again. Beside the postponed dates this only happened for some 2018 UK dates where the tickets didn't sell well.

Sure, that was definitely the case and how I scored LDs later in the game for e.g. NJ1 back in 2019. But I also got lucky in 2022 by randomly re-checking. Either way, nothing to lose by clicking every now and then.. winking smiley Just bummed out about the "page not found" for Santa Clara, as from what I recall, the links usually still work.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 13, 2024 18:34

My Lucky Dips for Chicago 2 are $39 each, plus a pile of service charges. Still much cheaper than the cheapest nosebleed. If they turn out to be nosebleeds, as long as the sound is good, it will still be ok with me.

Date: January 14, 2024 15:10

That's the thing - you cannot lose with LDs.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: January 14, 2024 19:40

Thrilled the band offers them. For me, it makes the expense of travel much easier to handle.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 14, 2024 20:54

BeastyBurdeny
I'm kicking myself for not getting a set of dips for Vegas.

Me too. I got Seattle & Vancouver, but Vegas didn't even occur to me until way too late. Asleep at the wheel.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 15, 2024 09:56

I was just wondering, how does it work to pick up 2 pairs of LDs with only one partner? If both have a pair, and you wanna double your chances? Can you just switch to the other LD window and remove the wristbands`so you get a second try or is it completely okay to ask for a second pair and give the first one back if the second one turns out to be better?

Date: January 15, 2024 10:31

Stonesfan2146
I was just wondering, how does it work to pick up 2 pairs of LDs with only one partner? If both have a pair, and you wanna double your chances? Can you just switch to the other LD window and remove the wristbands`so you get a second try or is it completely okay to ask for a second pair and give the first one back if the second one turns out to be better?

It depends on the local circumstances. You generally need 4 people to collect 2 pairs of dips and sometimes they're very strict about rules. It's a gamble. But why don't you sell the other pair to people here or on the street? Then you're 4 people anyway. I did that several times.

Date: January 15, 2024 12:46

You don't have to remove any wristbands. If you both bought a pair, of course both of you can pick your pairs up. There's nothing in the rules against two people buying a pair each. What the rules say is one person cannot buy more than one pair. (But there are workarounds for that as well)

Also, in my experience, the LD wristband is worthless - no one has ever looked at it.

Of course, you can't "give the worse pair back" (to the box office) as all sales are final. If the worse pair is shit tickets, just give them away for free to somebody needing a ticket or two. (Or - if they want to pay for it, that's another matter.) I have either given extra pairs away for free or sometimes people have insisted on paying for them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-15 12:48 by Topi.

Date: January 15, 2024 12:52

Topi
You don't have to remove any wristbands. If you both bought a pair, of course both of you can pick your pairs up. There's nothing against two people buying a pair each.

Also, in my experience, the LD wristband is worthless - no one has ever looked at it.

They didn't give out a pair of LD people to a single person in Pasadena 2019, Seattle 2019, Denver 2019, Austin 2021 and Hollywood 2021. In Pasadena and Hollywood you had to go directly into the Venue so there was no chance of getting the second pair by queuing again. But yeahh, the wristband was never ever a problem.

Date: January 15, 2024 13:11

Thanks for the answers, Hockenheim and topi. smiling smiley
I actually thought about selling the other tickets here, but I was not sure about that because of course my friend and me would take the better tickets and the other two persons would get whatever is left. Just a bit of a strange situation. Of course we could get lucky and get all pit, but that's unlikely. smiling smiley

Yes I also always thought the wristbands don't matter at all, except in Amsterdam 2022 where they were confused with the pit wristbands winking smiley

I was just wondering if the person at the Lucky dip counter would be okay with first me receiving two tickets with my friend, and then my friend getting two more tickets with me. I guess they wouldn't care right?

And I actually have a third pair of my dad and a friend who can't join, I might try with taking his ID and credit card and get the tickets, maybe I got an increased chance in actually getting those tickets too, since we are relatives?

Date: January 15, 2024 14:41

Stonesfan2146

I was just wondering if the person at the Lucky dip counter would be okay with first me receiving two tickets with my friend, and then my friend getting two more tickets with me. I guess they wouldn't care right?

And I actually have a third pair of my dad and a friend who can't join, I might try with taking his ID and credit card and get the tickets, maybe I got an increased chance in actually getting those tickets too, since we are relatives?

Why should they care? You both bought one pair. Both of you will have one envelope of tickets to pick up.

You're good there.

Now, as far as picking up somebody else's tickets with their ID and CC, I personally haven't tried that, but I have heard it has worked at times. That might depend on which college kid happens to work the booth. I would imagine they have so many people to deal with that they don't have time to be too meticulous about it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-15 14:46 by Topi.

Date: January 15, 2024 18:01

That's true, probably I'm just overthinking haha, usually Lucky dip also worked great for me, on the 2019 tour I picked up someone else's lucky dips twice and it worked smoothly. So I might try. I think it's such an interesting system, as it always depends on the people at the counter. I remember in 2021 in Nashville I came back to the counter and asked if they had better tickets and the guy started going through the envelopes that where left and upgraded me. Anything can happen. I love the concept. grinning smiley

Date: January 18, 2024 06:54

Totally depends on the venue, but whoever paid for the tickets needs to be there with photo ID, so unless you trust a stranger with your ID, you really can't resell them before you pick them up.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: January 18, 2024 21:02

Last USA tour I had LD's for Atlanta, Tampa, Philly, MetLife.
Each time i was solo when I picked them up with no issue.
Topi is right about the LD wristbands, no one ever looked at them.
Good luck to all with your Lucky Dips!

Date: January 19, 2024 06:12

I mean, the LD wristband is a nice souvenir...smiling smiley

And sometimes it gained people access to the pit. I guess it was a good enough color or something. Did somebody mention Amsterdam?

Anyway, I know people have just boldly walked into the pit without any wristbands at all. I guess you just have to carry a ladder / look like you know what you're doing.

"C'mon, all my mates are in there too" is one way to sneak in as well winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021Next
Current Page: 19 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2604
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home