Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 67
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2024 16:23

slewan
Topi
The meet and greet is just a photo op that lasts about 15 seconds. You can't really even "greet" them. You're not allowed to talk to them from what I gather.

winner: 'Hi Mick, how…'
Security guy: 'sorry, your time is over. Next please…'

But does Mick at least glance at the winner? That's worth the price of admission.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: March 8, 2024 17:11

adamw3405
After a quick bit of advice please - travelling to and from Vegas to Phoenix for the show in Glendale - are either one of Frontier or South West airlines better than the other one in terms of reliability etc - or any other recommendations? Thank you from a Brit! :-)

Southwest. Free bags versus having to even pay for a carry on and more flights so better time choices. Personally I would rent a car before I would fly Frontier (Or Spirit or Allegiant)

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 8, 2024 19:27

daspyknows
adamw3405
After a quick bit of advice please - travelling to and from Vegas to Phoenix for the show in Glendale - are either one of Frontier or South West airlines better than the other one in terms of reliability etc - or any other recommendations? Thank you from a Brit! :-)

Southwest. Free bags versus having to even pay for a carry on and more flights so better time choices. Personally I would rent a car before I would fly Frontier (Or Spirit or Allegiant)

Driving direct to Glendale would be my recommendation, if you're feeling adventurous and can swing a good deal. You'd avoid Phoenix traffic as well as any Uber costs - which will be extortionate afterwards.

As mentioned, SW is best if you have bags. If not, Spirit & Frontier are steals, though I haven't flown them myself. (I found their low-budget European equivalents Ryanair and Easyjet far more reliable than Lufthansa & Co.)

Posted by: trevormcmullin ()
Date: March 8, 2024 22:12

Does anyone know yet what city rehearsals are going to take place?
I seen Vancouver mentioned above, not sure if that is a clue or in relation to the July Vancouver show?

Date: March 8, 2024 23:09

DeanGoodman
daspyknows
adamw3405

Driving direct to Glendale would be my recommendation, if you're feeling adventurous and can swing a good deal. You'd avoid Phoenix traffic as well as any Uber costs - which will be extortionate afterwards.

As mentioned, SW is best if you have bags. If not, Spirit & Frontier are steals, though I haven't flown them myself. (I found their low-budget European equivalents Ryanair and Easyjet far more reliable than Lufthansa & Co.)

I would ask someone who has actually flown (or attempted to fly) Frontier or Spirit. Years ago I tried once but ended up switching after a cancellation and not wanting to wait a day. Never again.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: March 9, 2024 00:01

daspyknows
DeanGoodman
daspyknows
adamw3405

I would ask someone who has actually flown (or attempted to fly) Frontier or Spirit. Years ago I tried once but ended up switching after a cancellation and not wanting to wait a day. Never again.

Looks like a 4.8 hour drive...just saying, if you've got the time to be adventurous. Considering airport time it may not be that much longer.

Date: March 9, 2024 01:37

daspyknows
DeanGoodman
daspyknows
adamw3405

For sure. Taking an airline that offers only 1 or 2 services a day - or a week - to your destination is risky. I looked at this newish carrier Breeze to get me to either the Boston or Cleveland shows, via Providence or Akron, respectively, but decided I didn't want to be stranded somewhere while Mick's on stage.

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: March 9, 2024 17:54

So I’ve recently enjoyed connecting by email with some of the people I run into on tour and at rehearsals. Expectations are not high to be able to hear rehearsals at NRG Stadium because of its high walls and retractable/closed roof. Not much info available about studio rehearsals except one who is usually reliable and says LA.

Date: March 9, 2024 23:59

Thx 2120Joe smileys with beer

Posted by: adamw3405 ()
Date: March 11, 2024 15:30

Thanks everyone - that's super helpful!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: March 11, 2024 21:52

DeanGoodman
daspyknows
DeanGoodman
daspyknows
adamw3405

For sure. Taking an airline that offers only 1 or 2 services a day - or a week - to your destination is risky. I looked at this newish carrier Breeze to get me to either the Boston or Cleveland shows, via Providence or Akron, respectively, but decided I didn't want to be stranded somewhere while Mick's on stage.

I'll be flying into Phoenix and then flying to Vegas the day after the Glendale show. Frontier has four flights the day after the show going to Vegas, every two hours starting at noon-ish, all currently priced at $24. I've had no issues flying Frontier, and won't have luggage, so for me a pretty decent way to go.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 13, 2024 16:38

Anyone knows about this? Probably happening some time during the tour this spring/summer.

Billions of cicadas are set to appear in a rare ‘double brood emergence,’ scientists say (CNN - Jan 26, 2024)

In a matter of months, they will dig their way out from underground, red eyes shining, deafening song filling the air. It will be a confluence of creatures the likes of which hasn’t been seen in the United States since Thomas Jefferson was president — and won’t happen again until 2245. It’s a rare emergence of insects some are referring to as cicadapocalypse.

Parts of the Midwest and Southeast are due for cicadas this spring. Northern Illinois, along with southern Wisconsin, eastern Iowa and northwest Indiana are likely to see bugs from Brood XIII; central and southern Illinois, most of Missouri and scattered areas of Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas are due to get Brood XIX bugs.

“You should expect lots and lots of cicada exoskeletons to be covering your trees and shrubs. You should expect to hear lots and lots of noise,” Larson said. The insects are likeliest to be in wooded areas near water, he added.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 13, 2024 16:51

Those cicadas have been waiting for this tour for eons...
The last time this major confluence occurred was during the 1792 tour!

Posted by: wendysorensen ()
Date: March 13, 2024 17:05

I would recommend on the drive up if your a history person the Montezuma Castle National Monument. And if you are into architecture, in Sedona don't miss The Chapel of the Holy Cross, it's an amazing piece of art. Both are easy walking.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: March 13, 2024 17:22

bv
Anyone knows about this? Probably happening some time during the tour this spring/summer.

Billions of cicadas are set to appear in a rare ‘double brood emergence,’ scientists say (CNN - Jan 26, 2024)

In a matter of months, they will dig their way out from underground, red eyes shining, deafening song filling the air. It will be a confluence of creatures the likes of which hasn’t been seen in the United States since Thomas Jefferson was president — and won’t happen again until 2245. It’s a rare emergence of insects some are referring to as cicadapocalypse.

Parts of the Midwest and Southeast are due for cicadas this spring. Northern Illinois, along with southern Wisconsin, eastern Iowa and northwest Indiana are likely to see bugs from Brood XIII; central and southern Illinois, most of Missouri and scattered areas of Kentucky, Tennessee, Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas are due to get Brood XIX bugs.

“You should expect lots and lots of cicada exoskeletons to be covering your trees and shrubs. You should expect to hear lots and lots of noise,” Larson said. The insects are likeliest to be in wooded areas near water, he added.

Yep. The noise they make somehow makes it feel even hotter, more humid and oppressive during the summer. Probably encounter them in Atlanta June 7.

Date: March 13, 2024 17:45

wendysorensen
I would recommend on the drive up if your a history person the Montezuma Castle National Monument. And if you are into architecture, in Sedona don't miss The Chapel of the Holy Cross, it's an amazing piece of art. Both are easy walking.

Sedona is an absolute must, drive through at least and make some stops at the scenic overlooks.

Date: March 13, 2024 21:21

Kurt

Not the tour, the album. Now they can raise Hackney Diamonds havoc.

Posted by: rebelhipi ()
Date: March 13, 2024 23:25

Just got tickets to Chicago 2.

So im going to both shows!!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: March 14, 2024 01:01

bv

yes they hit where I live (NW Alabama) every year, last season was a large one..gets pretty loud at times and their skeletons are everywhere, sticking to vehicle tires, garbage cans, side of buildings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-14 01:02 by snoopy2.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: March 14, 2024 09:15

Kurt

I know the band has been together a long time, but...eye popping smiley

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 14, 2024 09:21

syrel
Kurt

You don’t remember? I was sure I saw you in the pit!

[iorr.org]

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 14, 2024 15:18

SomeTorontoGirl
syrel
Kurt

You don’t remember? I was sure I saw you in the pit!

[iorr.org]

Hey SomeTorontoGirl where are you seeing Stones think u said Vancouver?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-14 15:19 by babyblue.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: March 15, 2024 10:00

babyblue
Hey SomeTorontoGirl where are you seeing Stones think u said Vancouver?

Yes - hoping to be there, and also pay an overdue visit with friends.

Date: March 15, 2024 14:32

snoopy2
bv

yes they hit where I live (NW Alabama) every year, last season was a large one..gets pretty loud at times and their skeletons are everywhere, sticking to vehicle tires, garbage cans, side of buildings

Very strange in St. Louis, we have different kinds on both sides of the Mississippi river, so usually there's a season in one year in Missouri, then drive across the river and another season in a different year in Illinois. Sounds like they both may be hitting at the same time this year.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: March 15, 2024 21:44

bv

We have a lot of cicadas in summer in Greece. You have nothing to fear. They are almost invisible and the sound they make at least to me sounds mesmerizing and I like it.
The sound of summer which happens to be my favorite seasonspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: March 18, 2024 14:05

Is anyone else having trouble with the AXS app?

Mine is not letting me sign in because ''my account is not verified''

But i can sign in fine with a browser and i was signed in when i bought the tickets.

Trouble is the tickets will only appear on the app.

I wrote to AXS about it on last week but no reply so far.

Date: March 18, 2024 16:44

rebelhipi

But i can sign in fine with a browser and i was signed in when i bought the tickets.

Got into mine just fine.

First time I've used AXS, is there no way to download them to your wallet like Ticketmaster in case there are internet/data issues at the time of entry?

Date: March 18, 2024 21:37

rebelhipi

Make sure there's a "verification phone" number in your profile settings and/or that it is valid. Ideally, the app will send a code to that number after you've logged in. If that fails, try uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

Date: March 18, 2024 22:33

DeanGoodman
rebelhipi

Make sure there's a "verification phone" number in your profile settings and/or that it is valid. Ideally, the app will send a code to that number after you've logged in. If that fails, try uninstalling/reinstalling the app.
Yes. It sends the verification code via sms and i get it but still wont let me sign in.

I tried to unistall the app also

Date: March 19, 2024 00:17

rebelhipi
DeanGoodman
rebelhipi

Yes. It sends the verification code via sms and i get it but still wont let me sign in.

I tried to unistall the app also

Reset password, clean cookies, disable any VPNs, etc? These ticketing sites are annoying as hell. If all this fails, try email - support@axs.zendesk.com - which you may have already done. I got a reply in 4 days and after that they were quite good.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5657585960616263646566...LastNext
Current Page: 61 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2191
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home