Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 67
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 20, 2024 21:30

Topi
Jeter1984
A ticket is worth what it sells for.

If the ticket(s) you want are available at the price you're willing to pay then you should buy them.

That's a different matter than the price of a "Standard Admission" (=face value) ticket.

The face value is an arbritrary amount that has little to do with anything. Resale prices are far more reflective of the market, whethere higher or lower.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 20, 2024 21:39

Two months and 8 days till the tour starts! Any rumors of a warm-up gig in April?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 20, 2024 22:20

Jeter1984
Topi
Jeter1984
A ticket is worth what it sells for.

If the ticket(s) you want are available at the price you're willing to pay then you should buy them.

That's a different matter than the price of a "Standard Admission" (=face value) ticket.

The face value is an arbritrary amount that has little to do with anything. Resale prices are far more reflective of the market, whethere higher or lower.

That may be, but somebody was inquiring about the face value prices, specifically.

Date: February 21, 2024 00:58

tomcat2006
Not expecting it but I hope they upgrade the stage design. It's all very well having a stripped down stage sometimes (let's concentrate on the music etc) but I have to say I enjoy it more when there's some spectacle involved, especially as it's usually big bucks to see them these days.
Hope so too and think they will. I saw original plans for the 2022 stage and it was way different. Covid, lack of material and lack of staff made it not possible. I bet the stones knew the stage was subpar

Date: February 21, 2024 01:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack
tomcat2006
Not expecting it but I hope they upgrade the stage design. It's all very well having a stripped down stage sometimes (let's concentrate on the music etc) but I have to say I enjoy it more when there's some spectacle involved, especially as it's usually big bucks to see them these days.
Hope so too and think they will. I saw original plans for the 2022 stage and it was way different. Covid, lack of material and lack of staff made it not possible. I bet the stones knew the stage was subpar

That's interesting. Do you mean about this video or do you saw another design? [vimeo.com]

Date: February 21, 2024 08:10

The Spanish Omelette Stage!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 21, 2024 08:27

Topi
The Spanish Omelette Stage!

Wasn't Hairball the one that mentioned this?

Date: February 21, 2024 10:48

Yes. And Dean Goodman called it a haunted house from The Simpsons.

Date: February 21, 2024 14:18

DiegoGlimmerStones
PaintMonkeyManBlack
tomcat2006

That's interesting. Do you mean about this video or do you saw another design? [vimeo.com]

Never knew this video but the drawings I saw are in it as well.

Seems a classic case of:

Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-21 14:19 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 21, 2024 21:05

Flashback 10 years: on this day, 21-Feb-2014, the 14 On Fire Tour started in Abu Dhabi (UAE) - [iorr.org] .

Date: February 21, 2024 21:21

Irix
Flashback 10 years: on this day, 21-Feb-2014, the 14 On Fire Tour started in Abu Dhabi (UAE) - [iorr.org] .

How many shows did you go to on that tour, and which one did you like best?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 21, 2024 21:58

Irix

Hard to believe that was half a generation ago.

Date: February 22, 2024 06:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
DiegoGlimmerStones
PaintMonkeyManBlack
tomcat2006

Never knew this video but the drawings I saw are in it as well.

Seems a classic case of:

Link

Lol spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Wondering wich one was the original. Hopefully we can expect a great stage on the new tour hot smiley

Posted by: Kerryann ()
Date: February 23, 2024 00:00

USA trip 2024 all booked and set to go! Travelling NZ to Phoenix for first show, road trip to Vegas via Grand Canyon and R66, second show, fly to Seattle for third show, then Alaska land/cruise before flying home from Vancouver.

All places we haven't been to before except Vegas. We make a holiday out of each Stones tour because travelling so far if there are unexpected postponements or cancellations we still get our holiday in.

Next 2 months are going to go incredibly slowly.....

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: February 23, 2024 02:05

Bravo! Sounds amazing.

Posted by: MichaelA ()
Date: February 23, 2024 02:19

Did anyone else see this email from bandsintown/Rolling Stones from a couple of days ago regarding 2024 tour dates? [www.bandsintown.com]

They missed the Sofi show in Inglewood on July 13, 2024. Am I missing something or is this just a mistake on their part?! I sure hope not as I have tickets!

Date: February 23, 2024 03:40

MichaelA
Did anyone else see this email from bandsintown/Rolling Stones from a couple of days ago regarding 2024 tour dates? [www.bandsintown.com]

They missed the Sofi show in Inglewood on July 13, 2024. Am I missing something or is this just a mistake on their part?! I sure hope not as I have tickets!

Must be a mistake. The pop up when you first open the site has all the shows.

Posted by: Meteor ()
Date: February 23, 2024 15:34

Chicago ticket holders: I have 3 different reservations at The Blackstone on S. Michigan (walking distance to Soldier Field) that I will be cancelling. I made these at pre-Stones-announcement prices.
I don't know if it's even possible, or how to do it, but I'd be happy to transfer one or more of them to anyone interested, if someone knows how to do it and keep the rate the same.
For instance, I have a 2-queen executive room reserved for 2 nights (June 26 and 27, out on the 28th) for $871. Current rate for that same deal is $1582.
The other rez's are 1 night (June 27) and 2 nights (june 29 and 30, out on the 1st), with similar savings over current rates.
Just tryna help, if it's even possible.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 24, 2024 17:20

Kerryann
USA trip 2024 all booked and set to go! Travelling NZ to Phoenix for first show, road trip to Vegas via Grand Canyon and R66, second show, fly to Seattle for third show, then Alaska land/cruise before flying home from Vancouver.

That will be a great trip! Most likely heading north from Phoenix you will go through Sedona, which is jaw dropping beautiful. Then a bit further north as you make your way up to the GC, try and stop in Williams AZ on old Rte. 66. Very cool town.

Date: February 24, 2024 22:56

DEmerson
Kerryann

That will be a great trip! Most likely heading north from Phoenix you will go through Sedona, which is jaw dropping beautiful. Then a bit further north as you make your way up to the GC, try and stop in Williams AZ on old Rte. 66. Very cool town.

We plan to head off from Phoenix early the day after the show and spend about 1-2 hours exploring the Sedona area. Because we have limited time, any suggestions on what we should see there? I've looked into doing the red rocks drive (approx 1 hour)loop road plus a look at Oak Creek Village.
We will drive through flagstaff and up towards Cameron and enter through the East Canyon gate. Staying at GC village for the night, then leave via South entrance and check out Williams on the way to our next stay at Kingman. Plan on stopping at any interesting places on the way through and maybe if time permits a side trip down to Oatman wild west town to see the mock shootout and donkeys.
Following day onward towards Vegas with a stop to tour the hoover dam.

Any suggestions or tips on what to see/do appreciated. We're not big hikers but short easy walks are ok.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 24, 2024 23:32

Hi Kerryann - no specific recommendations for Sedona, or other spots - just soak it all in. There is a main strip that is a bit touristy, but really..just anywhere you go is stunning.

Date: February 25, 2024 06:21

Kerryann

All places we haven't been to before except Vegas. We make a holiday out of each Stones tour because travelling so far if there are unexpected postponements or cancellations we still get our holiday in.

Good lord is there any possibility you could adopt me?!

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 25, 2024 17:55

treaclefingers
Kerryann

I do the same for Europe. See the continent, meet the people, enjoy the food, and enjoy the music. I have found I meet the best people before, during and after shows.

Posted by: fanch ()
Date: February 28, 2024 14:16

Hi Kerryann
We also are going to Grand Canyon after the Phoenix show and then go to LV arriving the 10th late afternoon.
Hope to meet you in Phoenix we are arriving on Saturday 04

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: February 28, 2024 14:45

Shouldn't rehearsals be starting soon?

Date: February 28, 2024 15:49

Not 2 months out.

Date: February 28, 2024 16:56

daspyknows
treaclefingers
Kerryann

I do the same for Europe. See the continent, meet the people, enjoy the food, and enjoy the music. I have found I meet the best people before, during and after shows.

I'm willing to be the child of more than one family.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: February 29, 2024 22:25

kovach

Not before March 24th I Guess.
Darryl is touring with Modern Standards till that date.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 29, 2024 22:38

RG
kovach

Not before March 24th I Guess.
Darryl is touring with Modern Standards till that date.

What? Andrew Watt isn't the new bassist? winking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: February 29, 2024 23:57

Any news or thoughts on stage design?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5455565758596061626364...LastNext
Current Page: 59 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1782
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home