Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 17, 2024 21:53

syrel
MAF
The same for Vancouver. Seats on the side: standard admission. But the others: resale - including pit B for 1590 CA.

Pit A, I think? Regardless, that's the first time pit of any kind have been available for Van since the first day.

Amazing that all of these people at different venues have suddenly decided to sell their pit tickets at the same time.

syrel

Same seats available on other secondary sites. Now on all of them.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 17, 2024 23:14

syrel
MAF
The same for Vancouver. Seats on the side: standard admission. But the others: resale - including pit B for 1590 CA.

Pit A, I think?

Yes, your're right, it's pit A.

Posted by: Stilllife09 ()
Date: February 17, 2024 23:40

SO NYC NYC2 have PIT A and PIT B tickets all resale, considering it was (almost) impossible to get pit without the packages, what would that mean? people would resell their packages but now you only get the ticket? or are these not really resale tickets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-17 23:40 by Stilllife09.

Date: February 18, 2024 01:25

Stilllife09
SO NYC NYC2 have PIT A and PIT B tickets all resale, considering it was (almost) impossible to get pit without the packages, what would that mean? people would resell their packages but now you only get the ticket? or are these not really resale tickets?
They are not, i bet.

There are at least ten thousands resale tickets for nyc 2 now. Just no way they are resale. Impossible.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: February 18, 2024 03:36

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Stilllife09
They are not, i bet.

There are at least ten thousands resale tickets for nyc 2 now. Just no way they are resale. Impossible.

The goal of TM and the promoter is to get the most money for each ticket. They do this through many reseller subsidiaries.

In the last ten years or so, the notion of “sold out” venues is more or less a myth, if they’re not still selling tickets _somewhere_ between the opening act and show time, they didn’t get the pricing right.

Date: February 18, 2024 10:02

tommycharles
PaintMonkeyManBlack
Stilllife09
They are not, i bet.

The goal of TM and the promoter is to get the most money for each ticket. They do this through many reseller subsidiaries.

In the last ten years or so, the notion of “sold out” venues is more or less a myth, if they’re not still selling tickets _somewhere_ between the opening act and show time, they didn’t get the pricing right.
I partly know how it works and you are right.

Everybody knows TM works with big scalper sides. What I think that has happened is that those scalper sites put every ticket they bought now on resale tru TM.

This also means that sales are very slow. Which I predicted some pages earlier since I watched NYC 2 in detail and I knew for a fact that a lot of tickets did not even went into sale at all. At least through TM.

The problem with this is that now they need to move ten thousands of tickets without the momentum of the Album launch and racket gig. I think they made a big mistake. Just look at the map for NYC 2. This is what we know for a fact is avaible at this moment. There might even be more tickets not being released yet. They will never get the momentum they had back. They should have capitalized then. Fake created scarcity is a 'nice' trick, but I won't work (and will backfire) once you need to put the cards on the table. Which is now.

https://ibb.co/Y3fTFvw This is the NYC 2 map

We will see how this works out. I predict good times for people wanting cheap tickets. And it's not because of the Stones, but because of TM messing up their strategy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-18 10:04 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 18, 2024 15:01

I don't know how to post a seating map here , but a similar situation in Vegas . I've been watching closely since the beginning of January when it looked almost completely "sold out" . About a month ago whole sections of lower rear tiers appeared at normal prices followed a week or so later by side view . I have screen shots and can tell you that they haven't sold more than 10 0f these 1000s of seats in a month ! Then suddenly all of these resale tickets have appeared on Friday . They are priced at around $100 more than the unsellable tickets in front of them . There's going to be a fire sale .
I'm just waiting for similar things to happen with the pits

sc uk

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 18, 2024 16:16

I want to go Philadelphia on 06/11. I am willing to spend $800 to be in the pit on Keith's side.What should be my strategy? Thank you.
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: February 18, 2024 16:20

rollmops
I want to go Philadelphia on 06/11. I am willing to spend $800 to be in the pit on Keith's side.What should be my strategy? Thank you.
Rockandroll,
Mops
Wait and you will pay face (max)

If you are willing to pay this price there is no risk in waiting for because for this price you will get a ticket garantueeed also close to show date.

Date: February 18, 2024 16:51

PaintMonkeyManBlack
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

If you are willing to pay this price there is no risk in waiting for because for this price you will get a ticket garantueeed also close to show date.
Thank youPaintMonkeyMan.TM will eventually release tix at face value?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 18, 2024 17:16

daspyknows

Same seats available on other secondary sites. Now on all of them.

Ah, so TM only allow 'resales' after a certain date. I didn't recognise that, thanks.

syrel

Posted by: PaintitBlue ()
Date: February 18, 2024 17:33

Checked Vancouver show….the fact they are legally allowed to do this is insane. Thousands of resale available now all of a sudden at once….priced all over the map so they can determine what folks are willing to pay. It’s hi-way robbery. To add insult to injury they show “floor section” available for $250 all in. Select them and it shows the pit A section highlighted….once you click through to purchase they are now magically rear ga section. Select the “rear ga” section…two tix come up for $251 all in….select plus number to add tix and the price per ticket magically rises with each additional ticket. They are screwing us over every possible way imaginable…it’s a travesty

Posted by: VenusLoon ()
Date: February 18, 2024 18:17

There is a new podcast in the UK called the Price of music. The subject of tickets being held back has been covered.
It seems as though for a large venue, the promoter will hold back thousands of tickets themselves to sell on the secondary market at inflated prices.
May not be Ticketmaster at fault in this instance.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 18, 2024 18:18

rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Don't pay 800.

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 18, 2024 19:07

I agree that TM is pulling a scam on all of us to maximize their take.

But not so sure that the "momentum" from the new album and the Racket show really made any difference with the intial ticket sales?

Hardcore fans like us noticed it, but for the casual fan, they probably have no clue about the shows.

Im sure once the tour starts up there will be a new "momentum" generated for the casual fans to buy tickets.

Date: February 18, 2024 19:58

Topi
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Don't pay 800.
What is the price of a pit tix Keith's side everything included?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Date: February 18, 2024 20:27

spikenyc
I agree that TM is pulling a scam on all of us to maximize their take.

But not so sure that the "momentum" from the new album and the Racket show really made any difference with the intial ticket sales?

Hardcore fans like us noticed it, but for the casual fan, they probably have no clue about the shows.

Im sure once the tour starts up there will be a new "momentum" generated for the casual fans to buy tickets.
I think loads of people checked out tickets and dropped out when they saw the crazy dynamic prices. Now, a few months later, the whole Stones tour is not top of mind with them anymore, even if the prices are face or below.

They had a LOT of publicity during the new album and show. At least in Europe.

Date: February 18, 2024 20:29

rollmops
PaintMonkeyManBlack
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Thank youPaintMonkeyMan.TM will eventually release tix at face value?
Rockandroll,
Mops

I can't say for sure, also because I did not check Philly and don't know if pit tickets where sold or not. But based on what I am seeing I would be very suprised if there won't be drops of pits for face value, just like previous years. However; the pit has a limited capacity, so you need to keep your eyes on the ball.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 19, 2024 03:39

I share frustration with ticketing but I think the "momentum" has not even started

the bag of tricks they have:
1. announcing openers
2. the first show
3. can do interviews/ press / radio

for ny2
casual people might hear about after the first show, people might decide to go again
please remember the New York–Newark, NY-NJ-CT-PA CSA is like 22,000,000+ million and the stadium might have like 52,000 tickets

Date: February 19, 2024 07:32

rollmops
Topi
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

Don't pay 800.
What is the price of a pit tix Keith's side everything included?
Rockandroll,
Mops

Depending on the venue (base prices and fees vary) it's 499 to 550 USD + fees. It's going to work out to north of 600 USD out the door. MetLife was 662 USD.

I believe the Glendale, AZ pits were 443 USD + fees.

Vancouver was the cheapest pit ticket on the tour. 650 Canadian total. That's about 485 USD.

Philly, you're looking at 600+ USD total. Sorry I don't have the exact figure atm, but it's not 800.

Rockandroll,
Tops

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-19 08:00 by Topi.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 19, 2024 10:26

PaintMonkeyManBlack
rollmops
Rockandroll,
Mops

I have a friend he is waiting for day of show in Vancouver to get a ticket at box office as price will drop significantly then.

Date: February 19, 2024 11:00

@ rollmops: I saw that @livefromuk scored a face pit for Philly. Maybe you can ask them how much the total was?

[iorr.org]

Date: February 19, 2024 11:02

babyblue

I have a friend he is waiting for day of show in Vancouver to get a ticket at box office as price will drop significantly then.

The Vancouver show, being the only Canadian date and the cheapest face value tickets on the tour, has been a very good seller. I wouldn't necessarily count on the box office having any great day-of-show availability. Now, the resale market is another matter. Scalpers will drop their prices closer to showtime and it'll be a game of chicken.

Also remember that the box office will not drop its prices below face value, whereas a scalper might.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-19 11:07 by Topi.

Date: February 19, 2024 13:38

livefromuk
2 for 2 so far.... Philly and Houston, both FV Pitts!
Hi Livefromuk; I am planning to go to Philly to catch the show from the pit. How much is a FV tix with taxes.
Thank you.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: February 19, 2024 22:50

A ticket is worth what it sells for.

If the ticket(s) you want are available at the price you're willing to pay then you should buy them.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: February 20, 2024 02:13

DDD!

The support act was usually a band the promoter suggests.

In the case nowadays it's who you know or who puts up the most $$$$ 

MisterDDDD
PaintMonkeyManBlack
daspyknows
spunky
What are the support acts?winking smiley

Ghost Hounds for at least 8 shows.

I like them!

Support will be decided upon ticket sales for sure.

Used to be the way.. don't believe it's relevant these days, at least for The Stones.
More like what band the producers/promoters/band want to boost.
Shows will all be *sellouts regardless.

Date: February 20, 2024 06:44

Jeter1984
A ticket is worth what it sells for.

If the ticket(s) you want are available at the price you're willing to pay then you should buy them.

That's a different matter than the price of a "Standard Admission" (=face value) ticket.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: February 20, 2024 10:33

FYI - Santa Clara pit tickets are tonight around $625 on the Ticketmaster site.
SeatGeek has lowered the price also. If you are buying be sure to factor in
the fees. Santa Clara is “currently” the last show of the tour.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: February 20, 2024 19:30

I have the feeling, that American Stones Fans have the hardest time when it comes to ticket buying. Promoters & TM chasing the Stones hearts, with rude spellings tactics. It makes me - as an guy from Germany - angry.
The USA turned the Stones into a world act in the 60ies and into a world stadium act in the 70ies and 80ies.
The label "The Greatest Rock'n Roll Band In The World" is made in USA.
So the US-Fans would have deserved a fan friendly fair-innovative system of selling tickets to them. Including calm prices and easy access.
But this would require of cutting the band's fee of the todays 7 million dollars to the half.
The Stones could do that as a gesture of "Thanks for the 60+ years."
And in he rest of the world too.
Just dreaming.

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: February 20, 2024 20:22

Not expecting it but I hope they upgrade the stage design. It's all very well having a stripped down stage sometimes (let's concentrate on the music etc) but I have to say I enjoy it more when there's some spectacle involved, especially as it's usually big bucks to see them these days.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5354555657585960616263...LastNext
Current Page: 58 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home