Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 11, 2024 23:08

syrel
Topi
syrel

My memory of recent tours is that pits don't have dynamic/flexible pricing - some are sold as part of pricey packages, others are normal face value, but there is a long period where none are available.

Oh, they do. "Platinum", you know. That's TM wordage for dynamic pricing.

You sure Topi? I can't remember platinum prices **for pits** since before the covid lockdowns, but I'm definitely not 100% sure.

syrel

Oh, I am sure. Platinum has been a thing for the Stones at least since the 2015 Zip Code tour.

Platinum pit tickets were especially prevalent for the 2019 No Filter tour, as I recall.

We saw Plat pits for the 2021 "Covid" tour as well:
[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

[iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-11 23:20 by Topi.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 12, 2024 12:39

syrel
There are rumours of maybe a show or two at the Vegas Sphere tacked on to the end of the tour, though nothing conclusive has been posted, and a post a page or two earlier suggested that doing just one or two shows there would be uneconomic. A couple of scattered mentions of Europe - perhaps Autumn 2024 or (surely more likely?) summer 2025, but nothing even to categorise as a solid rumour at this stage, and unlikely to be arenas.

I understand the lack of enthusiasm for stadia, but that's the name of the game these days. But get yourself in the pit and it doesn't matter how many people are behind you.

syrel

Thanks for the info.
I understand it is the name of the game, makes sense. A Stones show is always better than no Stones show so if I can I'll try to catch one.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 12, 2024 21:54

Production costs for a one off Sphere show are too high. Having just seen U2 there I can say I would agree. This is not a venue where the band just plays with screens for those who can't see the stage. The venue itself is amazing and if the Stones were to do a residency I wouldn't miss it but I think it is as likely as a run at the Royal Albert Hall.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 13, 2024 09:54

As far as I'm concerned, the Sphere isn't a good idea. Just the moment's hype.
U2 needs these kind of things, it would have been awesome for Pink Floyd or Grateful Dead, fut the Stones are another class of act.
I'd much rather go see them in a warner and classier venus like the RAH.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 13, 2024 13:36

hype?...wow,....state of the art venue.....I'd see a U@ show there in a heartbeat.....or any other gig for that matter.....why pooh pooh such a great place?.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 13, 2024 14:44

Rip This
hype?...wow,....state of the art venue.....I'd see a U@ show there in a heartbeat.....or any other gig for that matter.....why pooh pooh such a great place?.

I only say I want to see the band more than images on a screen, no matter how many square meters and leds it features.

Seeing 4 guys standing on a B-stage in front of a huge screen is not what I personnaly expect from a Stones concert.
But I'm sure the venue is as impressive as it is energy-consuming.
Surprising that ecolo-Bono doesen't seem to care. The call of his bank accound must have been more important...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 14:45 by Doc.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 14, 2024 18:45

Doc
Rip This

I only say I want to see the band more than images on a screen, no matter how many square meters and leds it features.

Seeing 4 guys standing on a B-stage in front of a huge screen is not what I personnaly expect from a Stones concert.
But I'm sure the venue is as impressive as it is energy-consuming.
Surprising that ecolo-Bono doesen't seem to care. The call of his bank accound must have been more important...

Lots of ignorance in this post regarding the Sphere from someone who has not been there. First of all, most of the time there is other visuals which the Stones already use. There is a lot of potential there with the Stones. In regards to the energy usage the Sphere does not have its own coal fired power plant. Much of Las Vegas energy generation is coming from solar power. If you travel outside the city there are massive solar power generation facilities.

The Stones won't play there in all likelihood because the numbers won't work, demand for tickets would far outstrip supply and Mick isn't going to spend a few months singing in the desert. We can put that part to rest.

General Admission seats at back of field
Posted by: Shott ()
Date: February 13, 2024 01:05

Hi can you have a good show from there? Do you see the band of just watch the screens?

I am tall...

Thanks.

Re: General Admission seats at back of field
Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: February 13, 2024 01:35

Saw the Stones at Gillette Foxboro 2019 and Nashville 2021 from there and I was quite happy with the view for the price. I'm trying to get the same tickets for MelLife 2nd show on May 26th.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 13, 2024 01:42

I heard that those tickets were at $10 000 at that big reverse rugby final yesterday... Talk about ticket prices inflation...

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 13, 2024 01:49

daniel t
Saw the Stones at Gillette Foxboro 2019 and Nashville 2021 from there and I was quite happy with the view for the price. I'm trying to get the same tickets for MelLife 2nd show on May 26th.

I was also at the 2021 Nashville show (spent part of the show in my assigned seat and part in the rear GA) and liked rear GA. I’m 6’ tall and could see and hear well. Great value for what you get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 01:50 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: February 13, 2024 09:36

Stoneage
I heard that those tickets were at $10 000 at that big reverse rugby final yesterday... Talk about ticket prices inflation...

You didn't get on the field for that price. winking smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 13, 2024 15:13

I was back of the field at Columbia, SC in 1994. Very limited view. Worst ever experience at a Stones concert.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 13, 2024 16:30

Shott

Hi can you have a good show from there? Do you see the band or just watch the screens?

Just watch some videos, taken from the appropriate position during the 2019/2021 NoFilter US-Tour, for example:

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-13 16:35 by Irix.

Date: February 13, 2024 17:35

Irix
Shott

Hi can you have a good show from there? Do you see the band or just watch the screens?

Just watch some videos, taken from the appropriate position during the 2019/2021 NoFilter US-Tour, for example:

[www.YouTube.com]

That video is shot from the stands, not GA.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 18:10

I think rear GA is good if you want to drink something and dance along to the music. It's for making party.

If you wanna watch the show and prefer a good view of the screens better get some seats especially if you're not the tallest.

Date: February 13, 2024 19:00

Topi

It was just an example (found no other in a quick search). Please post videos taken from the distant GA (not zoomed) - instead of posting stupid comments.

Posted by: trm15 ()
Date: February 13, 2024 19:16

Here's a video from GA in Philly 2019

video: [youtu.be]

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: February 14, 2024 03:24

from my view it great view with screens and sound is excellent

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: February 14, 2024 03:32

It's good.

Date: February 14, 2024 09:24

Irix
Topi

It was just an example (found no other in a quick search). Please post videos taken from the distant GA (not zoomed) - instead of posting stupid comments.

"Stupid comments"? Triggered much? grinning smiley The OP specifically asked about GA in the back of the field, and I just pointed out the video you posted wasn't shot from GA. *shrugs*

You can relax.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-14 09:26 by Topi.

Date: February 14, 2024 15:55

Topi

You can relax.

Not until you've posted videos, taken w/o zoom from the distant General Admission (back of field).

Date: February 14, 2024 17:08

Come on, it's Valentine's Day. Spread the love!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: February 14, 2024 17:19

Topi
Come on, it's Valentine's Day. Spread the love!

smoking smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: swaff ()
Date: February 17, 2024 08:43

Pit tix on sale now for Levi's (Ticketmaster) FYI

Date: February 17, 2024 10:01

Resale is enabled. No way all those tickets are resale. Ticketbasterd screwing again. For nyc2 ten of thousands tickets available now. I really think they screwed up their strategy this time.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: February 17, 2024 17:35

The same for Vancouver. Seats on the side: standard admission. But the others: resale - including pit B for 1590 CA.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 17, 2024 18:14

MAF
The same for Vancouver. Seats on the side: standard admission. But the others: resale - including pit B for 1590 CA.

Pit A, I think? Regardless, that's the first time pit of any kind have been available for Van since the first day.

Amazing that all of these people at different venues have suddenly decided to sell their pit tickets at the same time.

syrel

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 17, 2024 19:45

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Resale is enabled. No way all those tickets are resale. Ticketbasterd screwing again. For nyc2 ten of thousands tickets available now. I really think they screwed up their strategy this time.

wow, that's actually a bit of a disaster.

Date: February 17, 2024 21:48

syrel
MAF

Pit A, I think? Regardless, that's the first time pit of any kind have been available for Van since the first day.

Amazing that all of these people at different venues have suddenly decided to sell their pit tickets at the same time.

syrel

Bet its tickets they (tm) wanted to sell tru scalper sites which didnt move at all.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5253545556575859606162...LastNext
Current Page: 57 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2234
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home