Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: GJB ()
Date: January 30, 2024 11:38

The ticket prices and availability are updating constantly - and have done even more so in the last week than the last few months.

I have been tracking a couple of shows nearly every day, they released blocks/rows of tickets at different points since general sale - a couple of indicators that I think things are moving in the right direction for people wanting standard price tickets:

1) The ridiculous prices have reduced - the platinum floor tickets were over $2000, in the last few weeks that figure has fallen to $1600 (and will hopefully keep going down until they are all moved over to standard pricing tickets).

2) Whole rows/sections are appearing - the other week a couple of rows went on at $69, there are also swathes of seats both sides of the stage (probably somewhat limited view depending on the stage) for standard pricing.

I think keep holding out and we will hopefully be rewarded!

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: January 30, 2024 14:15

What they are doing is much worse than out and out scalping IMO. At least the secondary market is a straightforward what-you-see-is-what-you-get proposition. The inventory manipulation has been going on forever to a degree but I think this one really takes the cake. I can’t see how there won’t be thousands more tickets dropping later in the game than in past tours.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 30, 2024 14:36

Color me shocked.

Posted by: rubyeveryday ()
Date: January 31, 2024 14:07

Does anyone have any information about the 2 rectangular objects spreading diagonally out from either side of the rear floor as depicted in this tour’s seating charts. It has reduced some prime lower level seats to “Limited View”

Date: January 31, 2024 14:30

Those would be the lighting/sound delay towers potentially blocking your view.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-31 14:32 by Topi.

Posted by: KevinPenthouse ()
Date: January 31, 2024 18:53

Those are Obstructed views in Vancouver 248 for approx $ 400.00 each. I did not check the fees . . . It appears there is some sorta tower that will block / obstruct the small stage . . . These are not the infamous old school thinking of "held back" tickets rarely exists anymore since analytics took over . . . the misinformation out here and elsewhere on Stones tickets is astounding or very outdated . . . I strongly recommend doing some more due diligence . . . may I recommend some of the Latest Ticket Purchasing Info Purchasing Primo Rolling Stones Tickets

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 31, 2024 19:11

KevinPenthouse
Those are Obstructed views in Vancouver 248 for approx $ 400.00 each. I did not check the fees . . . It appears there is some sorta tower that will block / obstruct the small stage . . . These are not the infamous old school thinking of "held back" tickets rarely exists anymore since analytics took over . . . the misinformation out here and elsewhere on Stones tickets is astounding or very outdated . . . I strongly recommend doing some more due diligence . . . may I recommend some of the Latest Ticket Purchasing Info Purchasing Primo Rolling Stones Tickets

I like how it says don't listen to anyone, but I'm supposed to listen to the writer? Classic.

And be a ticket broker? Those days are gone as the analytics have dried up that industry for the most part with their VIP and Platinum b.s.

Out of curiosity, what is some of the biggest misinformation, in your opinion? There are plenty of experienced, helpful people on here. There is a bit of arrogance in your post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-31 19:14 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: January 31, 2024 20:57

That's Kevin for you winking smiley

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: February 1, 2024 09:35

KevinPenthouse
I strongly recommend doing some more due diligence . . . may I recommend some of the Latest Ticket Purchasing Info Purchasing Primo Rolling Stones Tickets

"Sign up for ALL Pre Sales."

DAMN. Why didn't I think of that? confused smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 1, 2024 11:48

It all baffles me and leaves me totally totally bemused an befuddled.

Time was that you got the best tickets by camping outside the booking office grinning smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 2, 2024 23:45

Time was that you got the best tickets by camping outside the booking office

Hadda lotta fun doin' that over thee years .... met some great people too

ROCKMAN

Date: February 3, 2024 18:54

That TM holds back tickets . . . they do not unless told so by promoters venues and others . . . you can read read up on that on the ticketmaster corporate info thats available . . . rarely happens in recent times . . . I mentioned not to listen to what I called one hit wonders on ticket successes as those are offset by the ticket buyers who do not post and purchase at a premium (to clarify to not use the one-hitters two-hitters ticket buying sucesses as a rule moreso the exception) . . . or people from different markets (Orlando - Nola & NY have distinct differences) . . . and to not listen to ME about the European ticket Market or outside the USA ticket sellers markets . . . although I have purchased many tickets in Europe I would not qualify myself experienced enough to talk about that . . . that would be arrogance over experience

Date: February 3, 2024 22:53

Another fallacy / mistake or misinformation is to come to a fan site as your first stop / only stop or the belief that they have the “hot off the presses” inside instant information for tickets after pre sales & general sales.

Your 1st and 2nd choice should be if you are looking for tickets to for example: Santa Clara – Atlanta or Denver per se . . is to go establish a relationship with a local ticket brokers (or 2) in those markets.

They would have all the software to monitor tickets on TM as well as all the Secondary Re Sellers . . they would know instantly on and if what you are looking for pops up . . . . as per a fan site you would most likely be the proverbial day late / hour late / minute late dollar short

PLUS they would have local contacts with local ticket purchasers example : Local Companies advertisers teams etc, that have season tickets or purchase often and they share ticket information amongst themselves ( the tickets that NEVER make it out to the public )

A fan site is very helpful in and when fans sell tickets to fans

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: February 7, 2024 06:25

vegas sphere might not be happening
the sphere is a publicly traded company and yesterday february 5th, 2024 was the earnings call
a question was asked at roughly 24:30 minutes if the sphere is possible for a 1 or 2 night concert and James Dolan said no production costs are too high.

[investor.sphereentertainmentco.com]

Date: February 7, 2024 06:56

KevinPenthouse

There you go, you said it.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 7, 2024 16:22

Noticed yesterday there's a lot of side of stage face value tickets that magically appeared for several shows

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: February 7, 2024 17:02

artedm
vegas sphere might not be happening
the sphere is a publicly traded company and yesterday february 5th, 2024 was the earnings call
a question was asked at roughly 24:30 minutes if the sphere is possible for a 1 or 2 night concert and James Dolan said no production costs are too high.

[investor.sphereentertainmentco.com]

That Phish band is playing 4 nights in April.
Perhaps its a 4 night minimum?

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: February 7, 2024 19:07

Topi
KevinPenthouse

There you go, you said it.

But buyer beware. Less so on here but many (most) Facebook fan groups unless members are vetted become a cesspool of scammers. I was in a Rock Werchter group where lots of gullible people were scammed, some multiple times.

Date: February 7, 2024 22:40

JDSAM1994
Noticed yesterday there's a lot of side of stage face value tickets that magically appeared for several shows

I thought Kevin just said TM doesn't hold tickets back?

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: February 8, 2024 01:12

Topi
JDSAM1994

I thought Kevin just said TM doesn't hold tickets back?

Well dude, we just don't know

Date: February 8, 2024 06:50

Nothing like waking up to a Big Lebowski quote! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-08 06:51 by Topi.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 10, 2024 16:26

11 weeks + 1 day until tour starts in Houston. Not that I'm counting.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: February 10, 2024 21:05

Good afternoon everyone! asked...
Don't you think it's strange that there is no PIT available for any concert on the tour? I remember that in previous tours, pits appeared at high or very high prices and in this case there are none available. We are only 2 and a half months away from the first show of the tour.
I hope they appear soon (especially for Chicago) since I'm waiting to buy the PITs so I can buy my plane ticket.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 11, 2024 03:08

Don't you want to go to Glendale? Plenty of pits there.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: February 11, 2024 11:18

makustone
Good afternoon everyone! asked...
Don't you think it's strange that there is no PIT available for any concert on the tour? I remember that in previous tours, pits appeared at high or very high prices and in this case there are none available. We are only 2 and a half months away from the first show of the tour.
I hope they appear soon (especially for Chicago) since I'm waiting to buy the PITs so I can buy my plane ticket.

My memory of recent tours is that pits don't have dynamic/flexible pricing - some are sold as part of pricey packages, others are normal face value, but there is a long period where none are available.

I, too, am waiting to get pit tix (Vegas and Vancouver) before buying flights, but am beginning to think I might just have to bite the bullet. I got pits for Brussels/Amsterdam/Vienna in 2022 about 2-3 weeks before show date. Flights will be too expensive by then (they are too expensive now!).

syrel

Date: February 11, 2024 17:03

syrel

My memory of recent tours is that pits don't have dynamic/flexible pricing - some are sold as part of pricey packages, others are normal face value, but there is a long period where none are available.

Oh, they do. "Platinum", you know. That's TM wordage for dynamic pricing.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: February 11, 2024 19:30

Delete

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-11 19:33 by babyblue.

Date: February 11, 2024 19:49

Topi
syrel

Oh, they do. "Platinum", you know. That's TM wordage for dynamic pricing.

You sure Topi? I can't remember platinum prices **for pits** since before the covid lockdowns, but I'm definitely not 100% sure.

syrel

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: February 11, 2024 19:59

Just had a look at the dates as it might coincide with a US trip. Unfortunately I'm not getting very excited about the size of the venues. All basically 60 thousand and over. Understandable as they want to maximize the profit given that there are relative high costs for these short tours.
I haven't had the time to go through all the pages on this thread so does anone know if there are plans for some arena shows or possible Europe dates?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Date: February 11, 2024 20:54

There are rumours of maybe a show or two at the Vegas Sphere tacked on to the end of the tour, though nothing conclusive has been posted, and a post a page or two earlier suggested that doing just one or two shows there would be uneconomic. A couple of scattered mentions of Europe - perhaps Autumn 2024 or (surely more likely?) summer 2025, but nothing even to categorise as a solid rumour at this stage, and unlikely to be arenas.

I understand the lack of enthusiasm for stadia, but that's the name of the game these days. But get yourself in the pit and it doesn't matter how many people are behind you.

syrel

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061...LastNext
Current Page: 56 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1962
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home