Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 67
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2024 15:36

Topi
No idea, but guessing Glendale?

Indeed, you could get LDs for hours after they went on sale.

Date: January 18, 2024 16:22

Glendale has resale tickets open, not sure if there are non or it just didn't open for NYC for example.

the amount of tix true seatgeek is shocking.

[seatgeek.com]

Date: January 18, 2024 16:34

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Glendale has resale tickets open, not sure if there are non or it just didn't open for NYC for example.

[seatgeek.com]

I don't know why they didn't pick another city...the NHL's Coyote's should have acted like the canary in a coal mine.

Toronto would have sold like Vancouver.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 18, 2024 18:31

PaintMonkeyManBlack

[seatgeek.com]

Seatgeek is the official vendor for Glendale. I don't see any resale tickets on their site, just "Box Office Only" i.e., "These tickets are listed and sold directly from the venue’s official box office."

This isn't totally scientific, but Seatgeek has 1,426 listings for Glendale (and of course those listings would mostly be for multiple tickets, up to 99+).

But a quick look at both of Seatgeek's Metlife listings shows a total of 6,046 resale listings. The L.A. shows come in at 7,329 resale listings - on Seatgeek alone. So even if NY and LA are supposed to be more or less sold out, it seems an awful lot of people - or bots - want to get rid of their tickets.

Date: January 18, 2024 18:57

Resale glendale can be found on ticketmaster.

Date: January 18, 2024 18:59

DeanGoodman
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[seatgeek.com]

Seatgeek is the official vendor for Glendale. I don't see any resale tickets on their site, just "Box Office Only" i.e., "These tickets are listed and sold directly from the venue’s official box office."

This isn't totally scientific, but Seatgeek has 1,426 listings for Glendale (and of course those listings would mostly be for multiple tickets, up to 99+).

But a quick look at both of Seatgeek's Metlife listings shows a total of 6,046 resale listings. The L.A. shows come in at 7,329 resale listings - on Seatgeek alone. So even if NY and LA are supposed to be more or less sold out, it seems an awful lot of people - or bots - want to get rid of their tickets.
So there are a huge amount of tickets left, and they are using every vendor to move them before lowering the prices.

Date: January 18, 2024 19:35

PaintMonkeyManBlack
DeanGoodman
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[seatgeek.com]

So there are a huge amount of tickets left, and they are using every vendor to move them before lowering the prices.

One would tend to believe this is the case across the board, as usual. It just defies logic that normal civilians - not the small section of Stones fanatics here and elsewhere - have scooped up virtually all of these absurdly priced tickets six months in advance.

Posted by: chevysales ()
Date: January 19, 2024 01:13

Why do tickets for MetLife 2 have pits available yet delivery is up to May 23?

Because they don’t have them yet?

Date: January 19, 2024 01:26

chevysales
Why do tickets for MetLife 2 have pits available yet delivery is up to May 23?

Because they don’t have them yet?

On a resale site? Yes, you are likely right. In many cases, these companies sell the tickets to you now, and then fulfill the order after buying at a cheaper price later on. (Well, that's the plan.)

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 19, 2024 03:26

treaclefingers
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[seatgeek.com]

I don't know why they didn't pick another city...the NHL's Coyote's should have acted like the canary in a coal mine.

Honestly, Edmonton would have likely sold similarly to Vancouver too.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 19, 2024 05:40

As I recall, Glendale wasn't exactly the toughest ticket on the previous go-around, either.

Date: January 20, 2024 23:42

Topi
As I recall, Glendale wasn't exactly the toughest ticket on the previous go-around, either.

I also recall that...which of course begs a very obvious question.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 21, 2024 00:32

Do you mean "Why?"

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: January 21, 2024 17:27

angee
Do you mean "Why?"

Well, nothing against Glendale, but if it's a finite number of dates yes, why not an alternate location?

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: January 24, 2024 20:15

edit: resolved

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-25 03:02 by snoopy2.

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: January 25, 2024 22:38

treaclefingers
PaintMonkeyManBlack

[seatgeek.com]

Rogers Centre is undergoing the final phase of a massive reno. There are no non-baseball events booked there until August.

Cleveland is less than 6 hours away by car, NYC, Chicago and Philly are only an hour or so flight.

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: January 25, 2024 23:07

I am breaking my 60 year track record by having to buy on secondary. I missed the LD's for Foxboro, because I didn't expect them to be avail in less than an hour of TM official (I vaguely remember they usually pop up 1 1/2 to 2 hours after). Anyway, there's something about Stub Hub I don't like, so I am going with Seat Geek. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get scammed on SG?,and obviously only find out at the gate?

Date: January 25, 2024 23:26

stonesurvive
I am breaking my 60 year track record by having to buy on secondary. I missed the LD's for Foxboro, because I didn't expect them to be avail in less than an hour of TM official (I vaguely remember they usually pop up 1 1/2 to 2 hours after). Anyway, there's something about Stub Hub I don't like, so I am going with Seat Geek. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get scammed on SG?,and obviously only find out at the gate?

I've been fine with Seatgeek, but the consensus among the experts (Topi, etc.) is to hang fire, so to speak - and you do have your perfect streak to preserve.

Date: January 26, 2024 06:36

stonesurvive
I am breaking my 60 year track record by having to buy on secondary. I missed the LD's for Foxboro, because I didn't expect them to be avail in less than an hour of TM official (I vaguely remember they usually pop up 1 1/2 to 2 hours after).

FWIW, Lucky Dips always go on sale right on the dot when the public on-sale starts. Now, they might still be available even an hour into the sale, but usually they sell out pretty fast because of limited quantities.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-26 16:44 by Topi.

Date: January 26, 2024 06:38

As far as Seatgeek goes, I have never had to resort to using them, but their tickets are guaranteed:

[support.seatgeek.com]

SeatGeek Buyer Guarantee
Your tickets will be delivered in time for the event.
Your tickets will provide valid entry to the event.
The tickets you receive will be the same as those you ordered.
If any of these things do not occur, you will be provided with comparable or better tickets to the event, or offered a refund.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-26 06:38 by Topi.

Posted by: stonesurvive ()
Date: January 26, 2024 10:32

Thanks all, and thanks DEAN, great sense of humor.

BTW.has anyone else on this forum been to the Manning Bowl Lynn, Ma. show in 1966, when a riot broke out because they had to end the show due to pouring rain?............or even more infamous, the Boston Garden show in 1972, when the boys had to be busted out of jail in Rhode Island after Keef punched a photgrapher?

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 26, 2024 21:50

Topi
As far as Seatgeek goes, I have never had to resort to using them, but their tickets are guaranteed:

[support.seatgeek.com]

SeatGeek Buyer Guarantee
Your tickets will be delivered in time for the event.
Your tickets will provide valid entry to the event.
The tickets you receive will be the same as those you ordered.
If any of these things do not occur, you will be provided with comparable or better tickets to the event, or offered a refund.

They give you the money back if you don't get Tickets. I wouldn't say the tickets are guaranteed.

Date: January 27, 2024 13:54

"Comparable or better tickets."

As you'll know, Seatgeek is the official vendor for Arizona. Bruce Springsteen used them for a few venues last year as well.

They are legit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-27 13:55 by Topi.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: January 27, 2024 18:51

"you will be provided with comparable or better tickets to the event, or offered a refund"

I'm not saying they are not legit, but I'm with Hockenheim95 on this one - if they can't provide 'comparable or better tickets', they can provide a refund and still be within those terms you quoted.
syrel

Date: January 28, 2024 07:02

The original question was whether you could get scammed on Seatgeek. I don't know if it would be technically possible for a seller to list their tickets both on Seatgeek and somewhere else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-28 07:03 by Topi.

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: January 28, 2024 23:39

Topi
The original question was whether you could get scammed on Seatgeek. I don't know if it would be technically possible for a seller to list their tickets both on Seatgeek and somewhere else.

Kind of off topic, Topi, but are you going to Chicago 1 or 2? I think you said you & Mister DDDD would be going?

Date: January 29, 2024 06:13

Yes, we're rooming and Lucky Dipping both Chicago shows.

Date: January 29, 2024 19:35

For the first time in forever, there are some non-premium tickets available for Vancouver. 70 total in block 248. Not good seats, but was beginning to be a bit curious that there had been literally no standard admission tickets since opening week.
syrel

Date: January 29, 2024 19:43

There are also regular price GA available for Seattle.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: January 29, 2024 20:08

syrel
For the first time in forever, there are some non-premium tickets available for Vancouver. 70 total in block 248. Not good seats, but was beginning to be a bit curious that there had been literally no standard admission tickets since opening week.
syrel

…and the seats are in pristine rows. A very tidy block. So clearly held back, and it would defy logic to think there arent’t more. Everywhere. This whole ticket sales process has become so opaque, bordering on corrupt, it’s like the Sopranos have taken it over. Am very grouchy about the whole thing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5051525354555657585960...LastNext
Current Page: 55 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1518
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home