Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 67
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: December 26, 2023 18:47

I think it means: Good luck with that.

Posted by: BN78 ()
Date: December 26, 2023 18:49

Right-O DG! What I was thinking as well spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Jeter1984 ()
Date: December 26, 2023 19:09

BN78
Jeter1984
Vivid Seats has Pit tickets for Cleveland at $790 all fees and taxes included.

Jeter, thanks for the tip. Do you what this means (below)?:

"Local Pickup, Customer Walk-in. Delivery day of show. Client will be met at venue and walked into the show by representative."

They don't send an email link to your phone? Just never used Vivid before. Thank you again!

It means you'll be given a wristband upon scanning your ticket if you're in the Pit.
I've bought tickets from Vivid for several Stones tours and every time the tickets were "comp", directly from the band to Vivid.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 27, 2023 06:36

Hm, that's interesting.

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: January 9, 2024 14:54

Jeter1984
BN78
Jeter1984

"Local Pickup, Customer Walk-in. Delivery day of show. Client will be met at venue and walked into the show by representative."

They don't send an email link to your phone? Just never used Vivid before. Thank you again!

It means you'll be given a wristband upon scanning your ticket if you're in the Pit.
I've bought tickets from Vivid for several Stones tours and every time the tickets were "comp", directly from the band to Vivid.

As all tickets are stored on cell phones, I guess the Vivid 'representative' will have the ticket on his phone and need to scan this for you to enter at the gate. Not a bulletproof system if they need to check the phone ticket again for a wristbrand later on.

Posted by: sarahunwin ()
Date: January 10, 2024 02:35

bye bye johnny
Exclusive

WRINKLY THE BEST The Rolling Stones enlist huge Tina Turner stage star for their upcoming tour

Ellie Henman
19 Dec 2023

THE ROLLING STONES are so keen to make sure their upcoming Hackney Diamonds tour is The Best they have hired a Tina Turner impersonator to be a backing singer.

Sir Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood, have booked Chanel Haynes for their run of gigs in the US.

What about Sasha?

t’s a huge win for Chanel, who said she was sacked from Tina: The Tina Turner Musical in London last year after she got the dream opportunity to sing Gimme Shelter with them during a show in Italy.

A source said: “The Stones had a very close relationship with Tina and Chanel blew them away when she got up on stage with them.

“She ended up losing her job on the production because she didn’t want to miss out on the huge opportunity of singing live with The Stones.

“Chanel has now been booked as one of their backing singers and will be going out on tour with them across America in the spring.

“It means the world to her and the band were just pleased they could help her out.”

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Date: January 10, 2024 20:22

The Worst.
Jeter1984
BN78
Jeter1984

As all tickets are stored on cell phones, I guess the Vivid 'representative' will have the ticket on his phone and need to scan this for you to enter at the gate. Not a bulletproof system if they need to check the phone ticket again for a wristbrand later on.

I just bought a Pit ticket for Cleveland from Vivid as the price was too good to pass on. Deliver will be week of the show.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 11, 2024 18:55

Jeter1984

I just bought a Pit ticket for Cleveland from Vivid as the price was too good to pass on. Deliver will be week of the show.

Looks like $680-odd total? A bit more in the other pit.

Posted by: Bandk4011 ()
Date: January 12, 2024 17:54

That's pretty great for still being 5 months out. How much was *real* face (not the packages) for pits all in, including TM charges? Low $600's?

Date: January 12, 2024 22:35

The Cleveland show is one of the best selling of the tour. The odds of their being $450 Pit tickets dropping on TM are slim and I don't feel like checking every day so it made sense.

Posted by: phd27 ()
Date: January 15, 2024 11:59

Based on Touring data 01/11 tweet that says 97% of 13 shows are sold with 21,266 tickets unsold , I venture that the US 18 shows attendance will be slightly under 1 Million. Gross revenue would then be roughly USD 200 Millions.

Date: January 16, 2024 06:21

There is no way this tour is 97% sold.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 16, 2024 06:27

Topi
There is no way this tour is 97% sold.

That means there are 1700 seats left at BC Place. I'd buy that number...probably less.

97% sold is particularly realistic when you consider all the tickets left are probably platinum-type pricing.

Would you believe the Lucky Dips are 100% sold?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: January 16, 2024 10:33

Tix will drop. You watch.

Date: January 16, 2024 23:42

Topi

Well sure, but not like 5000 additional seats per show.

For all intents & purposes, it's functionally sold out.

The only thing that isn't is the ridiculously priced tickets designed for profit maximization, that will hopefully be doled out in great quantities to us poor LD slobs (and I know you're one of them!).

If they applied normal pricing to those they'd already be gone too.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 17, 2024 03:07

Not the right place I know, but Channel 7 Sunrise show in Australia just had a banner headline “Concerts in Sydney” scrolling over the screen with a video of The Stones playing.

Rod

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 17, 2024 05:47

bitusa2012
Not the right place I know, but Channel 7 Sunrise show in Australia just had a banner headline “Concerts in Sydney” scrolling over the screen with a video of The Stones playing.

I heard rumours today re Stones playing at AFL grand final late Sept. plus another that shows could happen later 24 in Australia

Date: January 17, 2024 06:20

Deathgod
bitusa2012

I heard rumours today re Stones playing at AFL grand final late Sept. plus another that shows could happen later 24 in Australia

The AFL grand final? Good one!

Date: January 17, 2024 06:26

treaclefingers
Topi

Well sure, but not like 5000 additional seats per show.

For all intents & purposes, it's functionally sold out.

The only thing that isn't is the ridiculously priced tickets designed for profit maximization, that will hopefully be doled out in great quantities to us poor LD slobs (and I know you're one of them!).

If they applied normal pricing to those they'd already be gone too.

Is Touring Data / X a reliable source, though?

Date: January 17, 2024 09:49

I think 10.000's tickets plus are being held back. The platinum prices are dropping like crazy now to the point where regular tickets will be released. I noticed a lot of tickets/places have not been available at any time.

That means the either go on sale later (backheld), or they sold them to other ticket sellers (vivid, stubhub).

I really think they made a big mistake by not capitalising on the momentum they had and it will cost them. Of course I could be wrong and 95% is sold. But I just don't believe it. Looking forward how this plays out.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: January 17, 2024 09:50

bitusa2012

Perhaps connected to this story? [www.theguardian.com]

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 17, 2024 09:51

New Orleans Jazz Fest line-up announcement on Januari 18.

Date: January 17, 2024 10:38

syrel
bitusa2012

Perhaps connected to this story? [www.theguardian.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Found a video clip, but that's Macca and Billy Joel playing smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-17 10:41 by Topi.

Date: January 17, 2024 14:40

PaintMonkeyManBlack
I think 10.000's tickets plus are being held back. The platinum prices are dropping like crazy now to the point where regular tickets will be released. I noticed a lot of tickets/places have not been available at any time.

That means the either go on sale later (backheld), or they sold them to other ticket sellers (vivid, stubhub).

I really think they made a big mistake by not capitalising on the momentum they had and it will cost them. Of course I could be wrong and 95% is sold. But I just don't believe it. Looking forward how this plays out.

Just wondering what you base this on, other than a feeling you have? Of course you could be right, but I could have a feeling that they're going to double the number of dates for the North American tour, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Why do you think this?

Date: January 17, 2024 14:47

treaclefingers
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Just wondering what you base this on, other than a feeling you have? Of course you could be right, but I could have a feeling that they're going to double the number of dates for the North American tour, but that doesn't mean it's true.

Why do you think this?

Based on

I have watched almost every second of the presale and first day of sale looking for specific tickets. The number of tickets that got available tru ticketmaster was not that big. Regular tickets where scarce. In addition to this I can tell that a lot of the platinum tickets are not selling at all. Which is just what they achieve to do, as they search for the optimum price point. But if I look at the floor tickets the ones that are available are the same as 4 weeks ago.

So just an uneducated guess, and only based on what i see for NYC 2.

Date: January 17, 2024 14:56

PaintMonkeyManBlack
treaclefingers
PaintMonkeyManBlack

Why do you think this?

Based on

I have watched almost every second of the presale and first day of sale looking for specific tickets. The number of tickets that got available tru ticketmaster was not that big. Regular tickets where scarce. In addition to this I can tell that a lot of the platinum tickets are not selling at all. Which is just what they achieve to do, as they search for the optimum price point. But if I look at the floor tickets the ones that are available are the same as 4 weeks ago.

So just an uneducated guess, and only based on what i see for NYC 2.

OK thx. I guess it also depends on the city you're checking. The last I checked Vancouver for example, there really wasn't much other than some overpriced platinums, and those would have easily sold if they were priced at the same level as the tickets around them.

Date: January 17, 2024 14:57

Vancouver is a good seller, I'll give you that, treacle. No wonder, though: it's the lone Canadian date and easily the cheapest ticket prices on the whole tour as well.

Vancouver did have its share of face value drops at one point. Interesting to see if there's going to be more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-17 14:58 by Topi.

Date: January 17, 2024 15:20

Topi
Vancouver is a good seller, I'll give you that, treacle. No wonder, though: it's the lone Canadian date and easily the cheapest ticket prices on the whole tour as well.

Vancouver did have its share of face value drops at one point. Interesting to see if there's going to be more.

Yes, frame of reference is everything. If Vancouver is amongst the 'best selling' cities then it may not be the best for comparison purposes.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 18, 2024 05:27

Which show is the slowest seller of the tour so far?

Date: January 18, 2024 06:55

No idea, but guessing Glendale?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4950515253545556575859...LastNext
Current Page: 54 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1812
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home