Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 66
Re: Stones Hackney Diamonds Tour USA/Canada 2024
Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 23, 2023 05:10

MadMax
Alright all my fellow American IORRians! I'm sitting here with a lovely young lady deciding on which gig we should attend. Because of our sloppy economy we will only be able to go to one show.

1. She has never seen The Stones (born in 2001 so she missed out on a lot)

2. She has never been to The States. I am leaning to Houston as I've been there twice, great city and I saw Oasis at the Verizon there in 2006 and the roof blew of the ceiling there for more reasons than one + opening shows with our boys are a treasure.

The other one we are leaning to is San Francisco, I've never been there, is it a fun city?

Glad to see Cleveland on the itinerary, big fan of that town.

If ya only had one shot, which one would ya choose? Chicago would be ace in the summer.

I use to travel on business a lot to San Francisco in the late 90s and early 2000s, was a lot of fun, though from what you see on the news lately it's become much more dangerous and filthy.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: November 23, 2023 05:19

kovach
MadMax
Alright all my fellow American IORRians! I'm sitting here with a lovely young lady deciding on which gig we should attend. Because of our sloppy economy we will only be able to go to one show.

2. She has never been to The States. I am leaning to Houston as I've been there twice, great city and I saw Oasis at the Verizon there in 2006 and the roof blew of the ceiling there for more reasons than one + opening shows with our boys are a treasure.

The other one we are leaning to is San Francisco, I've never been there, is it a fun city?

If ya only had one shot, which one would ya choose? Chicago would be ace in the summer.

I use to travel on business a lot to San Francisco in the late 90s and early 2000s, was a lot of fun, though from what you see on the news lately it's become much more dangerous and filthy.

Nice one mate! Yeah, it looks like it ain't what it used to be.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 23, 2023 05:43

MadMax

Santa Clara is almost an hours drive south of San Francisco, beautiful area to stay and travel into SF from as I did last time they played there.
The city has definitely gone downhill, but still plenty of cool things to see and do.

If I had to pick one city, for someone that had never seen the Stones or been to the states, I'd do NJ/NY for a few reasons.
What better city than New York to visit for your first time here? And with a short stay (perhaps utilizing Lucky Dips), catch two shows. Win/win.

Runner up.. Chicago.

Date: November 23, 2023 05:49

MisterDDDD
MadMax

Santa Clara is almost an hours drive south of San Francisco, beautiful area to stay and travel into SF from as I did last time they played there.
The city has definitely gone downhill, but still plenty of cool things to see and do.

If I had to pick one city, for someone that had never seen the Stones or been to the states, I'd do NJ/NY for a few reasons.
What better city than New York to visit for your first time here? And with a short stay (perhaps utilizing Lucky Dips), catch two shows. Win/win.

Runner up.. Chicago.

Nice one mate!! Yeah she oughta see the Big Apple, and Chicago in the summer would be amazing. Only been there once but I got very lucky, holding up the door for the widow of Willie Dixon as I entered The Chess Studios.
Happy days!

Posted by: Sockers56 ()
Date: November 23, 2023 05:57

Has anyone got any good deals on any of the Chicago shows?

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:01

New York may be the greatest city in the country, but if I had to pick one for a newcomer it would be Chicago, a great city in its own right, because unlike in NYC, the venue is in and walkable from the heart of the city, which is also more typically American if there is such a thing.

kovach
though from what you see on the news lately it's become much more dangerous and filthy.

Yes, people who are afraid of the alarmism they see on their televisions should stay away from probably the most beautiful city in the country-not-continent.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-23 09:13 by SecondSet.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:10

Woz
CindyC
Woz
I’ve heard two at the Sphere after Santa Clara.

Two in the Sphere, one in the Rear. I think they call that "the Shocker" lol

LOLOLOL

I actually laughed out loud reading this haha

Posted by: VicJagger ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:11

Good info and makes semse, Thanks!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:19

SecondSet
New York may be the greatest city in the country, but if I had to pick one for a newcomer it would be Chicago, a great city in its own right, because it's the most middle-American, and unlike in NYC, the venue is in and walkable from the heart of the city.

Walkable to the Chicago venue.. if hotel not booked by now, doesn't bode well for the "sloppy economy" issue. I suppose true of most cities on the tour, except perhaps Vegas & ?
Seattle might still be a good choice as well (biased as it's my hometown) Venue in city..lodging a bit more available still on a budget.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:22

kovach
MadMax

If you watch certain news channels it is. The areas that were dangerous in the 90s are still dangerous now but most of the city is perfectly safe. Coming to the SF Bay Area to see the Stones would not mean you are visiting "those areas". There are some amazing sights in SF and the surrounding areas are beautiful. Santa Clara is about 50 miles from San Francisco so I would suggest visiting on a non show day.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:30

Stones played Omaha in 1964 1966 2006. They played Ames Iowa 1989 and 1994

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:31

MadMax

I also would suggest Met Life just outside of NYC. You'd hopefully get two shows and NY is a city like no other.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:33

Thank you!

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 23, 2023 06:55

MadMax

You're doing good parenting right here. I'm going to echo the comments about Chicago and hitting two shows. Or any of the other 2 show cities.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 23, 2023 07:20

MadMax

If you like or love hot humid boiling weather (110 F etc) and the risk of being robbed or shot anywhere at anytime, well then, New Orleans is the place for you.

I would go with Boston (Foxboro) or Chicago (for all we know could be the last big gig at Soldier Field).

Date: November 23, 2023 07:29

GasLightStreet
MadMax

If you like or love hot humid boiling weather (110 F etc) and the risk of being robbed or shot anywhere at anytime, well then, New Orleans is the place for you.

I would go with Boston (Foxboro) or Chicago (for all we know could be the last big gig at Soldier Field).

Nice one! The only time I've been to New Orleans was in 1988, as I got family from Gulfport, Mississippi, when I was 6 years old. I remember the Natchez and Bourbon Street vividly, but the thing that stuck in my mind through all these years are the vast big graveyards as we drove from Slidell.
Last year I read Dylan's Chronicles and he mentions the same thing when describing the Nola!!

Date: November 23, 2023 09:14

BeastyBurdeny
Woz
CindyC
Woz

LOLOLOL

I actually laughed out loud reading this haha

It was more sad than funny when the fake hair band guy was doing it 15 years ago.

Date: November 23, 2023 09:26

I think Houston is an underrated city, but it's no NY/Chicago/LA, not even Philly. And yes, although the Santa Clara show is basically towards the other end of Silicon Valley just outside San Jose, not San Francisco, SF is definitely a fun city, moreso than most (as is New Orleans, at least at festival time), and there are lots of beautiful areas in and outside it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-23 09:28 by SecondSet.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 23, 2023 10:22

Sockers56
Has anyone got any good deals on any of the Chicago shows?

Deals?

How do you mean?

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: November 23, 2023 11:59

Woz

But I heard about the Sphere requiring expensive graphic work by their own designers in order to make a gig happen, would that make sense for only two gigs?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 23, 2023 12:03

I am sure Mick has high standards when it comes to the content on the video screens on their show. I remember seeing a clip with Charlie when they looked at the footage. For the Sphere there would need to amazing footage for a 15-19 song setlist. I wonder if they will put the money for that into just two shows... but who knows. I am down. Hopefully it is not just another MSG rumor.

Date: November 23, 2023 12:09

CindyC
Woz

HAHA

My NYC flight and hotel is free to cancel until monday. So I need to make a little gamble on NYC 2 happening. Anyone more info? Is it really a question if this happens? Or is it 100% sure and just a tactic to sell out the first one first?

Date: November 23, 2023 12:10

Stonesfan2146
Woz

But I heard about the Sphere requiring expensive graphic work by their own designers in order to make a gig happen, would that make sense for only two gigs?

Just turn off the screens, paint it black, ya know?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 23, 2023 12:20

Topi
Stonesfan2146
Woz

Just turn off the screens, paint it black, ya know?

I wonder if the Stones will be as respectable ehhh respectful as U2.

"U2 ticket prices start at $140 and reflect all-in pricing. 60% of tickets are under $300.

“We’re trying our best to be as fair and respectful to our fans as we can be,” says the Edge. “We’re also spreading out the ticket costs so that there are some affordable ones.”

Date: November 23, 2023 12:47

So respectable.

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: November 23, 2023 14:59

Now possible to see Chicago TEST price on AXS.
Pit A/B US$550.
GA US$155.

Also Houston
Pit US$499
GA US$150

Chicago PIT price include service + tax shown $613.47 now in my cart...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-23 15:10 by a bigger nut.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: November 23, 2023 15:04

Wow almost double the price compared to some European shows.
Are there any shows with a standing area just behind the pind (Golden/Silver standing area)? I don't like to heave seats during a rock n roll concert.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: November 23, 2023 15:04

Wow almost double the price compared to some European shows.
Are there any shows with a standing area just behind the pind (Golden/Silver standing area)? I don't like to have seats during a rock n roll concert.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 23, 2023 15:07

a bigger nut
Pit A/B US$550.
GA US$155.

Also Houston
Pit US$499
GA US$150

Where/how are you seeing that? Still showing nothing for me.
syrel

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: November 23, 2023 15:26

syrel
a bigger nut
Pit A/B US$550.
GA US$155.

Also Houston
Pit US$499
GA US$150

Where/how are you seeing that? Still showing nothing for me.
syrel

I am connecting from Japan and found that AXS Japanese site window is a bit different.

US
[www.axs.com]

Japan
[www.axs.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 66

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home