Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What if Mick and Keith never met in that train station
Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: November 17, 2023 15:42

Where would our lives be like? What would the music world be like? Where would Mick and keith be right now? Imagine someone time travelling and preventing that encounter to happen?? Imagine that scene in that Avengers movie where people starts disappearing from existence... personally I would have never met my wife If the stones never existed... yeez Guns n’ Roses, puff, gone... ok sorry I’m very sleepy right now

Re: What if Mick and Keith never met in that train station
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: November 17, 2023 15:49

---we'd all have more money in the bank ..and wouldn't be wasting half our free time hanging around here. grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2023 15:56

How very existential of you.

Everything is linked but you're quite right, where would we all be right now?

I wouldn't be typing this right now. We wouldn't have heard of BV.

There'd be the Beatles, but would some other act have come in and been the "answer" to the Beatles?

Thinking of the "butterfly effect" and how a minor event can ripple and cause profound change.

To go a step further, what if they had met at the train station but Mick wasn't carrying albums? They meet, say hello, and go on their way...Keith isn't particularly interested in this guy. Anyway, thought provoking dedospegajosos.

Date: November 17, 2023 16:03

treaclefingers
How very existential of you.

Everything is linked but you're quite right, where would we all be right now?

I wouldn't be typing this right now. We wouldn't have heard of BV.

There'd be the Beatles, but would some other act have come in and been the "answer" to the Beatles?

Thinking of the "butterfly effect" and how a minor event can ripple and cause profound change.

To go a step further, what if they had met at the train station but Mick wasn't carrying albums? They meet, say hello, and go on their way...Keith isn't particularly interested in this guy. Anyway, thought provoking dedospegajosos.

Even the Beatles were impacted by the stones activity,maybe they never spit up, John never died and we would all bein this Beatles forum discussing their new album Hackney Pearls

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-17 16:04 by dedospegajosos.

Date: November 17, 2023 16:25

Spud
---we'd all have more money in the bank ..and wouldn't be wasting half our free time hanging around here. grinning smiley

Reading all of you guys since 2002 while listening to stones music has been a real pleasure in my life, thank you guys, thank you Rolling Stones, and most importantly, thank you BV!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-17 16:26 by dedospegajosos.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 17, 2023 16:30

Some of us may not even be here

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: November 17, 2023 16:36

Pretty sure we'd all still be here, but this would be the Huey Lewis & The News forum instead.

Date: November 17, 2023 16:40

Koen

[media.tenor.com]

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 17, 2023 17:33

They would have met on the street corner then...
Destiny.

Posted by: rbp ()
Date: November 17, 2023 17:47

Mick would have followed in the footsteps of his father and become a PE teacher at an all girls school - St. Trinians.
Keith would have become a successful street busker, dressing like a pirate and tuning his guitar to open G.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-17 17:50 by rbp.

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: November 17, 2023 18:57

It's always fascinating to me how one little moment like that can have an impact that changes the world.

Yes, the butterfly effect comes to mind.

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if Mick and Keith met today, would they be able to have such an impact on the music industry again? Would they play pop music right next to Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran? Or could their magic only work at the exact time it did with the way society was back then and their blues based music?

I would assume a guy that is so charismatic as Mick is would always stand out even today.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 17, 2023 19:51

a. if the never met at that train station most likely they hard met somewhere else
b. if not – Jagger finish his studies and might have gotten a management job in the music industry. Keith would still have spend his whole life playing blues stuff in some back street bars. Given his drinking and drug habits his life would have been rather short (hard to survive all that without being wealthy and having access to excellent medial treatment)

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: November 17, 2023 19:52

What would then have happened to Brian Jones early on? Could there have been a different Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys, possibly also under another name? Might Brian have been able to recruit other band members therefrom? Could this have resulted in a blues band that never obtained a record contract? Instead played blues oriented concerts round London and disbanded after a couple of years? Where other bands to some extent and for some time might have prevailed on London's music scene?

Date: November 17, 2023 20:06

slewan
a. if the never met at that train station most likely they hard met somewhere else
b. if not – Jagger finish his studies and might have gotten a management job in the music industry. Keith would still have spend his whole life playing blues stuff in some back street bars. Given his drinking and drug habits his life would have been rather short (hard to survive all that without being wealthy and having access to excellent medial treatment)

Indeed, swiss blood transfusions can get pricey!

Date: November 17, 2023 20:08

Witness
What would then have happened to Brian Jones early on? Could there have been a different Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys, possibly also under another name? Might Brian have been able to recruit other band members therefrom? Could this have resulted in a blues band that never obtained a record contract? Instead played blues oriented concerts round London and disbanded after a couple of years? Where other bands to some extent and for some time might have prevailed on London's music scene?

The other side of that, because Brian was so driven is that he gets some 'less dominant' band mates to join and he maintains the leadership role and possibly finds further success.

The problem comes down to the songwriting...unless he or someone else could step up to match or come close to matching Jagger/Richards you don't have much in the end.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 17, 2023 21:09

LeonidP
Pretty sure we'd all still be here, but this would be the Huey Lewis & The News forum instead.

Not exactly what I meant, but yeah, Huey is cool too.

Posted by: howlingmad ()
Date: November 17, 2023 23:11

Mick and Keith meeting in that train station is a fixed point in Time, which means there is no scenario in which our universe- or any universe, for that matter- could continue to exist without the encounter.

That's how important the meeting was.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: November 17, 2023 23:34

Well, baby, baby, baby, you're outatime
I said, baby, baby, baby, you're outatime...

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: November 17, 2023 23:52

Koen

Right. Long time ago, Keith marveled during an interview about the huge number of babies made in cars' backseats by lovers listening to Satisfaction.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 17, 2023 23:56

I would be complaining that the Herman's Hermits 2024 tour is at SoFi Stadium instead of a more sonically advantageous venue while others would be inquiring about any possible Australian dates.

Date: November 18, 2023 00:10

If Mick and Keith hadn't met at the train station, the Yardbirds would've never recorded 'Train Kept a Rollin’.

The Rolling Stones indirectly influenced the Yardbirds to record that song.

Also 'Silver Train' would've never been recorded either.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 18, 2023 04:01

mick would be a retired journalist or a politician of some sort

keith would be the coolest librarian in london

charlie would've had a long career as a designer and semi professional jazz and r&b drummer

i have no idea which of bill's many varied interests he would have perused

now the real question is what would've happened to brian

would he have been able to form a successful blues band without the rest of the stones?

i think so but his audience would have been very small compared to the stones and i doubt it would have lasted long

but i'm sure someone would have noticed how incredibly talented he was and he would become part of some band or another

maybe as a member of some alternate timeline yardbirds

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 04:10

Maybe they would have met at the airport.What if Brian Jones hadn’t put together the initial band

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 18, 2023 04:29

Well, then the world wouldn't have The Rolling Stones.

Is that the gist of the question?

The world would be completely different, culturally. Think of the bands that have existed because of The Rolling Stones.

Then there's the entire touring and music industry.

Not a simple question, really.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 18, 2023 05:25

Mick would've released "She's The Boss" 25 years earlier...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 18, 2023 11:53

"What if Mick and Keith never met in that train station"

- Mick would have pursued a career in international finance. In 2023 he would be some sort of a British Larry Fink, managing roughly 1000 billion quid.

- Keith would have become a street musician in London. He would have died on the pavement of a seedy street in the mid-90s (sorry Keith) cool smiley

- Bill Wyman would have opened one of the 1st sex-swap clubs in Soho. In private he would have confessed to have slept with 10000+ women.

- Charlie Watts would have led a discreet career in the advertising business. On Saturday nights he would play drums in an amateur jazz outfit.

- Brian Jones would have become a cult figure in British musical circles before dying prematurely in 1969.

- Ron Wood would have led a vibrant musical career playing with just everyone and his brother-in-law.

- Mick Taylor - after a stint in John Mayall’s band - he would have moved to America around 1969 to join the Grateful Dead where his 15minutes solos were deemed "groovy".

We are GLAD that meeting happened. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-19 12:06 by dcba.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 13:00

dedospegajosos
Where would our lives be like? What would the music world be like? Where would Mick and keith be right now? Imagine someone time travelling and preventing that encounter to happen?? Imagine that scene in that Avengers movie where people starts disappearing from existence... personally I would have never met my wife If the stones never existed... yeez Guns n’ Roses, puff, gone... ok sorry I’m very sleepy right now

I'm more like: what IF a time traveler would have filmed this meeting (or the July 12th 62 gig).

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 18, 2023 14:21

I would have saved a lot of money...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 18, 2023 18:19

I'll take a bit more boring angle here.

Well, they might have met later, say, in seeing Alexis Korner's band. Keith's art school mate Dick Taylor would have at least told him about the cool blues band playing at the Marquee. Or probably he had told about about the group of of people playing at his home, and this dude called Mick Jagger to Keith sooner or later, and that might made the bell ringing for Keith "Oh, I know that Mike".

The thing is, Mick was already playing at Dick Taylor's, so Little Boy Blue And The Blues Boys was already somehow formed. So at least Mick, without not having met Keith, would have gone with Dick to see Korner. Starting to sing with Korner, then spotting Brian and so on.

So it was pretty small circles and all of these three dudes - Brian, Mick and Keith - would sooner or later met each other... Lots of 'ifs' still remains but that the Stones were born was a result of many contingencies, Mick and Keith meeting there being one of many.

But nothing wins the filmographic scene at the Dartford train station... The cameras were already on...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 18:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 18:40

dcba
"What if Mick and Keith never met in that train station"

- Mick would have pursued a career in international finance. In 2023 he would be some sort of a British Larry Fink, managing roughly 1000 billion quid.

- Keith would have become a street musician in London. He would have died on the pavement of a seedy street in the mid-90s (sorry Keith) cool smiley

- Bill Wyman would have opened one of the 1st sex-swap clubs in Soho. In private he would have confessed to have slept with 10000+ women.

- Charlie Watts would have led a discreet career in the advertising business. On Saturday nights he would play drums in an amateur jazz outfit.

- Brian Jones would have become a cult figure in British musical circles before dying prematurely in 1969.

- Ron Wood would have led a vibrant musical career playing with just everyone and his brother-in-law.

- Mick Taylor - after a stint in John Mayall’s band - he would have moved to America around 16 to join the Grateful Dead where his 15minutes solos were deemed "groovy".

We are GLAD that meeting happened. grinning smiley
Mick Taylor never played 15 minute solos.He played beautiful solos that fit the songs perfectly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 20:20 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2224
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home