For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.
How very existential of you.
Everything is linked but you're quite right, where would we all be right now?
I wouldn't be typing this right now. We wouldn't have heard of BV.
There'd be the Beatles, but would some other act have come in and been the "answer" to the Beatles?
Thinking of the "butterfly effect" and how a minor event can ripple and cause profound change.
To go a step further, what if they had met at the train station but Mick wasn't carrying albums? They meet, say hello, and go on their way...Keith isn't particularly interested in this guy. Anyway, thought provoking dedospegajosos.
---we'd all have more money in the bank ..and wouldn't be wasting half our free time hanging around here.
Some of us may not even be here
a. if the never met at that train station most likely they hard met somewhere else
b. if not – Jagger finish his studies and might have gotten a management job in the music industry. Keith would still have spend his whole life playing blues stuff in some back street bars. Given his drinking and drug habits his life would have been rather short (hard to survive all that without being wealthy and having access to excellent medial treatment)
What would then have happened to Brian Jones early on? Could there have been a different Little Boy Blue and the Blue Boys, possibly also under another name? Might Brian have been able to recruit other band members therefrom? Could this have resulted in a blues band that never obtained a record contract? Instead played blues oriented concerts round London and disbanded after a couple of years? Where other bands to some extent and for some time might have prevailed on London's music scene?
Pretty sure we'd all still be here, but this would be the Huey Lewis & The News forum instead.
Some of us may not even be here
Where would our lives be like? What would the music world be like? Where would Mick and keith be right now? Imagine someone time travelling and preventing that encounter to happen?? Imagine that scene in that Avengers movie where people starts disappearing from existence... personally I would have never met my wife If the stones never existed... yeez Guns n’ Roses, puff, gone... ok sorry I’m very sleepy right now
Mick Taylor never played 15 minute solos.He played beautiful solos that fit the songs perfectlyQuote
"What if Mick and Keith never met in that train station"
- Mick would have pursued a career in international finance. In 2023 he would be some sort of a British Larry Fink, managing roughly 1000 billion quid.
- Keith would have become a street musician in London. He would have died on the pavement of a seedy street in the mid-90s (sorry Keith)
- Bill Wyman would have opened one of the 1st sex-swap clubs in Soho. In private he would have confessed to have slept with 10000+ women.
- Charlie Watts would have led a discreet career in the advertising business. On Saturday nights he would play drums in an amateur jazz outfit.
- Brian Jones would have become a cult figure in British musical circles before dying prematurely in 1969.
- Ron Wood would have led a vibrant musical career playing with just everyone and his brother-in-law.
- Mick Taylor - after a stint in John Mayall’s band - he would have moved to America around 16 to join the Grateful Dead where his 15minutes solos were deemed "groovy".
We are GLAD that meeting happened.