Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A Show that might be worth $450
Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: December 6, 2005 02:21

e.g.

20 gems, many rarely played, (choose your own, we all ahave our favourite 'rarities', played with great spirit and commitment, without too many extra od-nobs, (and a 30second slot for band intros - btw Mick, we KNOW who's in the band!).

c.f. Bob Dylan (the Maestro).

That'd be worth it. No question.

Re: A Show that might be worth $450
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 6, 2005 02:40

No argument with that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:31

Disagree.

Regardless of whether they played my personal wish list and had all my other favourite artists make guest appearances, no show is worth $450 IMO.

however, if they did all of the above and invited ME to play and sing with them for the entire show (even though I cant carry a tune in a bucket) and then filmed it for my own personal use, maybe it would be!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-06 03:33 by Gazza.

Posted by: crossfire ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:41

Gazza,
You're simply too modest!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2005 03:51

"Hopelessly ambitious" I think is the correct description

Just to clarify, I'm not for one second suggesting it would be anything less than awful viewing and listening for anyone else, but I'd get a personal kick out of it. So for me, its easily worth $450!!

Date: December 6, 2005 03:56

Nice dude. Just make just make sure Bobby D gets an invite with your guest list and I'm buying!!

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 6, 2005 04:35

A show worth $450.00: First 5 rows dead center.

Satisfaction
One Hit To The Body
If You Can't Rock Me
Let's Spend The Night Together
Monkey Man
She's A Rainbow
Child of The Moon
Dandelion
It Won't Take Long
Rough Justice
Coming Down Again
Little T&A
Gimme Shelter
Going To A Go-Go
Time Waits For No One
All Down The Line
Under My Thumb
Saint Of Me
Moonlight Mile
Start Me Up
Street Fighting Man
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash

Sympathy For The Devil

The Last Time

Minimum 2 1/2 hr. show. I am all there.

Date: December 6, 2005 05:40

We had the discussion in Memphis regarding forecast of setlists. Wouldn't that be cool? Find out in advance what they're playing and pick and choose when to get those floor seats? I know sounds like I'm bitching (and I'm really not)- just daydreaming!

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 6, 2005 06:08

That would be funny, if they just made up all the setlists for '06 in advance and released them tomorrow. No one could complain that they didn't play a particular song at a particular show, it would all be spelled out beforehand. People would still find a reason to complain: "My Bitch was not as good as the Bitch they played in other cities. But at least that Bitch gives me a reason to bitch!"

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 6, 2005 06:18

ohnonotyouagain Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would be funny, if they just made up all the
> setlists for '06 in advance and released them
> tomorrow. No one could complain that they didn't
> play a particular song at a particular show, it
> would all be spelled out beforehand. People would
> still find a reason to complain: "My Bitch was not
> as good as the Bitch they played in other cities.
> But at least that Bitch gives me a reason to
> bitch!"

Makes me think,

Bitch sounds like a great new area to add to this web site, what's bv waiting for? A written invitation? All Bitch all the time.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: December 6, 2005 06:38

www.stonesbitching.com
www.ohnonotwarhorsesagain.com

Posted by: Rockingfan ()
Date: December 6, 2005 09:19

I know I spend to much money in the US and kicked so those tickets. My bank loves the interest rate I might have to pay. But it was the trhill of a life time. We had such good seats and experiencing the seated pitch was different. At least I saw more than be pushed by 6-7 feet tigers all around my head.
I would love to do it again. And I am nearly thinking selling all my European tickets I have so far just to go back to have some more arena shows.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 6, 2005 09:47

Great Set List, Midnigt. But you have skipped .....How hard that exercise is !

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 6, 2005 11:07

The very last Rolling Stones gig. In the Royal Albert Hall

Posted by: ThatsWhatISay ()
Date: December 6, 2005 11:46

$450 is a shitload of money, but I could even accept this as highend price if the Stones wouldn't have their on and off nights. I just imagine I had paid $450 bucks to see them and then they mess up the show which is not so far off as we all know.
That has always been the problem with the Stones. I think no other artist/band can have such a huge gap between a performance on the one day and a performance 2 days later (maybe only Bob Dylan can top that). One day they leave the audience with their jaws dropped giving them a once in a lifetime experience, and the other night they leave the audience saying "Well, ok, that was the Greatest RnR Band in the world? I've seen better things!"

The Stones are always a spectacle, in particular compared to many other music acts who play much more scaled down and unimpressive shows, but they are simply too inconsistent.

Imagine someone paying $450 oder 210€ for a stadium show and leaving unsatisfied. I don't think he will return to see them next time around. They loose a lot of audience from tour to tour with sloppy playing, bad sound and hight ticket prices.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:40

Harm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The very last Rolling Stones gig. In the Royal
> Albert Hall

I'd prefer it to be in something like The Marquee Club or an equivalent to the Richmond Station Hotel. But we'll never know I guess. One of them might fdrop dead in Asia on a gig somewhere, and then that would be the last show.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JK ()
Date: December 6, 2005 16:38

A show is worth what you think it´s worth. If the price and your opinion match and you have the money you propably buy a ticket. I know a guy who bought a vip package to Boston and was very very happy because he heard a "very good version" of Out Of Control. Another guy flew to Honolulu (from Europe) in 98, but attended only the first show because the scalpers didn´t have cheap enough tickets available. There was face value tickets available at the box office, but he was not interested in them.
Before a tour I make a budget and and a rough plan how many shows I will see. If the tickets are expensive I´ll book a cheaper hotel. If I get a cheaper ticket I´ll spend the money on beer and food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home