Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
2024 album release?
Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: October 28, 2023 16:15

I know, we just had an extremely good new album and we will enjoy this for a long time.

BUT....

Next year it will be sixty years since the very first ever album of the Stones was released.
Since the guys mentioned another new album was 2/3 done wouldn't it be a blast to launch that album exactly 60 years after the first and who knows 1 or 2 rerecorded tracks from the first album included.

What do you guys and girls think ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-28 18:57 by bv.

Re: 2024 album release
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 28, 2023 16:26

smoking smiley

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: October 28, 2023 16:42

Why not? Roll why you still can...

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: October 28, 2023 18:08

I think that a new album will come out in spring 2025 hopefully with an European tour, or latest in 2026

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 28, 2023 18:17

i was wondering when somebody would start the next new album thread

hope they release it before this one reaches 700 pageswinking smiley

also would like two keith songs on the next album please

and a super deluxe version of there first album loaded with outtakes and unreleased gems

unlikely i know but a man can dream

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 28, 2023 18:24

Time to revive the legendary "new album in 2024?" thread

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: October 28, 2023 18:56

StonedRambler
Time to revive the legendary "new album in 2024?" thread

Of course, we didn't make it to page 1000, that goal is still to be achieved! Apart from that, the remaining 11 or 12 (more or less) finished songs were also part of the New Album material, they just didn't get released on New Album Part 1 (=HD) and were saved for New Album Part 2, thus reopening the thread would be totally legit!

Apart from that, better a new album in 2024 than again 18 years from now! (Otherwise the thread may become The Never-Ending Thread).

I can even see New Album Part 3 on the Horizon: All the material they recorded with Charlie between 2016 and 2021 must surely be good for yet another new album!

And also, the most pressing question of all still remains to be answered: What happened to Keith's Three Dynamite Riffs? Surely they are not found on HD, if Mick wrote all the songs other than Keith's ballad and the blues. So, were they saved for the explosive biggest bang of all 2024 album or quietly scrapped?

Questions over questions that need collective pondering ... winking smiley

Re: 2024 album release?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 28, 2023 19:05

Their record company do have an 18 months plan for Hackney Diamonds sales, probably including shows across the world, so I do not see any reason why they would release a new album in the middle of their own Hackney Diamonds sales period.

Quotes from Polydor’s head of marketing Ali Tant :

“There are various metrics we want to hit over the next 18 months but personally I’d like to get the Stones into the top 100 acts on Spotify off the back of Hackney Diamonds and keep them there!”

... But the plan really is that this is 18 months [of activity] that will keep this album buoyant ...

Polydor's Ali Tant on the Rolling Stones' incredible new LP: 'It will be a rocket for the catalogue' (Musicweek.com October 20th 2023)

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-28 19:06 by bv.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 28, 2023 19:22

smoking smiley

Date: October 29, 2023 00:01

Realistically speaking, I guess that 2024 will be a touring year as long as none of them gets ill. They might have time for an occasional brief session thrown in for good measure but possibly not much more. Mick said something like they are two thirds into the next album, Ronnie said in an interview recently that some of the additional recorded material still needs a bit of work, so in view of all that I would rather count on a new album in 2025 the earliest anyway.

Also, I think it was Mick who said something to the extent that the hitherto unreleased material is rather un-stonesy ("like you never heard the Stones before" or the like, can't find the exact quote(s) now), so there's also room for some group dynamics.

But of course the Stones are welcome to surprise me (us)... winking smiley

Date: October 29, 2023 00:41

doitywoik
Realistically speaking, I guess that 2024 will be a touring year as long as none of them gets ill. They might have time for an occasional brief session thrown in for good measure but possibly not much more. Mick said something like they are two thirds into the next album, Ronnie said in an interview recently that some of the additional recorded material still needs a bit of work, so in view of all that I would rather count on a new album in 2025 the earliest anyway.

Also, I think it was Mick who said something to the extent that the hitherto unreleased material is rather un-stonesy ("like you never heard the Stones before" or the like, can't find the exact quote(s) now), so there's also room for some group dynamics.

But of course the Stones are welcome to surprise me (us)... winking smiley

i think he said something like it was styles of music or genres that we haven't heard the stones do before

Date: October 29, 2023 00:48

i have a question

so if the plan right now is to promote the current album thru 2024

thus making it very unlikely a new album from the stones will be released in that time

does that mean no solo material from them in that time either as to not compete?

i'm thinking specifically about ronnie's new faces album and tour

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 29, 2023 02:12

I'd say they'll be Hackin' in
the diamond mines for awhile yet .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 29, 2023 02:38

Studio recording>rehearsals>tour in 2024. New album in 2025.

Date: October 29, 2023 03:05

ProfessorWolf
i have a question

so if the plan right now is to promote the current album thru 2024

thus making it very unlikely a new album from the stones will be released in that time

does that mean no solo material from them in that time either as to not compete?

i'm thinking specifically about ronnie's new faces album and tour

We keep hearing about the purported new Faces album and tour for several years now but it doesn't seem like anything much is actually happening on that front.
If the Faces want to tour the album-under-construction, they have to finish recording it first (or, depending, should start recording/working on it at some point). It doesn't seem like they clandestinely completed that album behind closed doors (Ronnie would have told everybody).

Ronnie is a member of both groups but you betcha the Stones are his top priority in case of doubt. That is, there will not be a Faces tour simultaneously with a Stones tour, and Ronnie will certainly not cop out of a Stones tour in order to tour with the Faces.

A new Faces album with Ronnie on it would certainly benefit from the fact that the Stones just released a bestselling album but the Stones camp would probably not be happy if it were released right now.

Judging from media coverage, Ronnie and Kenney worked on some old as well as new songs, and Rod started to write lyrics, but the album seems to be far from completion.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 29, 2023 03:13

Any rumours out there of the name of the new 2024 album

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: October 29, 2023 04:34

colonial
The Rolling Stones Now! Part 2.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: October 29, 2023 04:49

TimeIs
colonial

nah, sounds like a 70's pop compilation album

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 29, 2023 06:08

IF a tour is to start in June 2024, they’ll effectively be touring an 8 month old record. If that’s how they’re going to keep HD bubbling away for 18 months, it’s surely going to have to be a longer tour than just 14 US shows, no? But then I’ve read about getting insurance for a longer tour is not possible. There’s their age. I just struggle to see how it’s a longer tour and how a short tour will keep HD bubbling away.

Rod

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 29, 2023 17:42

bitusa2012
IF a tour is to start in June 2024, they’ll effectively be touring an 8 month old record. If that’s how they’re going to keep HD bubbling away for 18 months, it’s surely going to have to be a longer tour than just 14 US shows, no? But then I’ve read about getting insurance for a longer tour is not possible. There’s their age. I just struggle to see how it’s a longer tour and how a short tour will keep HD bubbling away.

Many options:
1 - Remixes
2 - Videos
3 - Special editions with bonus tracks, they can finish/record 1-2-3 songs and put them out at the time of the tour on a HD special tour edition, they can sell the album 20 more times with different stuff if they want to.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 29, 2023 17:44

colonial
TimeIs
colonial

nah, sounds like a 70's pop compilation album

hmmm...I guess "EVEN MORE HOT ROCKS" is a non-starter then.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 29, 2023 17:52

Dalston Gems?
Walthamstow Rubies?

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 29, 2023 18:19

I am 100% expecting a Hackney Diamonds remix album before next Christmas, and maybe even in spring. From what I understand there are no remixes at all on the Angry and Sweet Sounds singles and we know Mick loves remixes. There was one for Ghost Town, and several for Gotta Get A Grip and England Lost. I predict the Stones will have a full remix album. That's probably where Dua Lipa fits into the picture, I imagine.

Date: October 29, 2023 18:40

How about an audiophile edition with proper DR values and without clippings that doesn't make your ears bleed?

Date: October 29, 2023 18:41

June/July 2024 North American Tour
mid October/November Studio time
February/March 2025 overdubs and mixing
Jume 2025 new album and European Tour
This could be a possible scenario

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: October 29, 2023 18:44

doitywoik
How about an audiophile edition with proper DR values and without clippings that doesn't make your ears bleed?

Let them bleed.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 29, 2023 18:49

to me the only (and main) aspect that might indicate that they really have another album on their minds (to be released some time in the future but most likely not as early as 2024) is that there no bonus tracks released – neither on any version of Hackney Diamonds nor on the two singles they released. This is so untypical for that Stones that it seems likely that they might want to kept some songs for another album…

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-29 18:51 by slewan.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: October 29, 2023 18:51

mailexile67
June/July 2024 North American Tour
mid October/November Studio time
February/March 2025 overdubs and mixing
Jume 2025 new album and European Tour
This could be a possible scenario
That's what I hope and think would be ideal.

That would resemble the It's Only Rock N Roll/Black and Blue scenario. 1st album October release (74/23), tour the following summer (75/24), album and tour the following year (76/25) - 18 or so months after the 1st album.

Date: October 29, 2023 18:52

slewan
to me the only (and main) aspect that might indicate that they really have another album on their minds (to be released some time in the future but most likely not as early as 2024) is that there no bonus tracks released – neither on any version of Hackney Diamonds nor on the two singles they released. This is so untypical for that Stones that it seems likely that they might want to kept some songs for another album…

+ 1

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 30, 2023 05:34

jahisnotdead
I am 100% expecting a Hackney Diamonds remix album before next Christmas, and maybe even in spring. From what I understand there are no remixes at all on the Angry and Sweet Sounds singles and we know Mick loves remixes. There was one for Ghost Town, and several for Gotta Get A Grip and England Lost. I predict the Stones will have a full remix album. That's probably where Dua Lipa fits into the picture, I imagine.

Is this available on CD somewhere or DL only???

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1902
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home