Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Where is Chuck Leavell?
Posted by: Jbeckerfan ()
Date: October 25, 2023 18:06

stonesstein
Jbeckerfan
[
Chuck was intentionally left off B2B for specific reasons that have been discussed here elsewhere and I don't feel the need to dig into again.

I have never heard of this and have never seen this mentioned anywhere in IORR in the nearly 20 years I have been on the Board. Can anyone here elaborate and fill me in?
]

Sometime before B2B album sessions began, Chuck gave an interview (I forget where), where he basically stated that the Stones couldn't exist without him. The Stones then said, 'well, we'll just see about that'." So he got the silent treatment for a year or more while the album was made and when the time to start the tour came, he presumably apologized profusely and was allowed back. Lesson learned. What Chuck probably meant was centered around his role with the Stones as musical director and his cataloging of music and setlists from pasts shows. He probably didn't bluntly mean that he 'was' the Stones. But dare anyone say anything close to that and expect to get out alive.

I'm almost positive this has been covered her but I don't have the patience to dig it up.

Posted by: MelBelli ()
Date: October 25, 2023 18:21

“Almost positive,” eh?

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2023 18:59

Jbeckerfan
stonesstein
Jbeckerfan
[
Chuck was intentionally left off B2B for specific reasons that have been discussed here elsewhere and I don't feel the need to dig into again.

I have never heard of this and have never seen this mentioned anywhere in IORR in the nearly 20 years I have been on the Board. Can anyone here elaborate and fill me in?
]

Sometime before B2B album sessions began, Chuck gave an interview (I forget where), where he basically stated that the Stones couldn't exist without him. The Stones then said, 'well, we'll just see about that'." So he got the silent treatment for a year or more while the album was made and when the time to start the tour came, he presumably apologized profusely and was allowed back. Lesson learned. What Chuck probably meant was centered around his role with the Stones as musical director and his cataloging of music and setlists from pasts shows. He probably didn't bluntly mean that he 'was' the Stones. But dare anyone say anything close to that and expect to get out alive.

I'm almost positive this has been covered her but I don't have the patience to dig it up.

Did it go that far ? I'll see if I can locate my "Old Gods Almost Dead" book because I think that was covered in some detail there. I mostly remember Chuck calling himself the "musical director" (lest we forget, Keith used to be the "musical director") in a RS interview in 1994 and it came as a bit of a shock in Stones "circles" (Undercover mailing list mostly at the time) and apparently to the Stones...ffwd to 2012 and he was in essence the "musical director" when they were rehearsing in Bondy, playing the tapes before each song, taking out his chart book, being the one they all looked at for cues, etc...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 25, 2023 19:08

umakmehrd
Mathijs
kovach
And Clapton's Unplugged would be boring without him.

Clapton's Unplugged is utterly boring, with or without Leavell.

Mathijs

LOL are you kidding me?
Claptons unplugged is one of the best selling live albums ever
Have you ever heard of Ear Candling ?

I just really do not like any of the 1990's unplugged albums. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Clapton, you name it: utterly boring.

I did like the Stones approach to it way better: half-unplugged. It reinvented Shine a Light for me for example.

Mathijs

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 25, 2023 19:23

Mathijs
umakmehrd
Mathijs
kovach
And Clapton's Unplugged would be boring without him.

Clapton's Unplugged is utterly boring, with or without Leavell.

Mathijs

LOL are you kidding me?
Claptons unplugged is one of the best selling live albums ever
Have you ever heard of Ear Candling ?

I just really do not like any of the 1990's unplugged albums. Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Clapton, you name it: utterly boring.

I did like the Stones approach to it way better: half-unplugged. It reinvented Shine a Light for me for example.

Mathijs

What about Dylan's Unplugged?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1346
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home