Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Has anybody listened to Hackney Blu-ray?
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2023 13:40

Right, the "trick" I was referring to was to download ATMOS files from Tidal, emulating a FireStick with the Tidal-dl app, sadly it's no longer available on Github, only Tidal-Gui is available and that doesn't have an option to emulate a FireStick.

In better news I've found that "Pot Player" can convert any surround stream to DD for those like me whose soundbar can't decode DD+ or AAC, it works both for streaming of YT videos and own files.

It's great that YT have finally added surround streaming and there are tons of Quads from the 70s made available by enthusiasts.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 25, 2023 21:00

gotdablouse

It's great that YT have finally added surround streaming

Yep, and it seems that the surround sound was added to YouTube in 2021. Nice, that the album is also on YT in this format. Thanks to georgelicks for the hint. For TIDAL there's another download tool which looks a bit complicated at first glance, but it works. Format is E-AC3 and DD+ streams should contain a legacy substream for the classic 5.1 surround channels. For the album on YT there's also a separate AC3 stream displayed.

Date: October 25, 2023 22:34

Oh good, what's the name of that tool ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 25, 2023 22:46

Got the Bluray now. Wow, really happy about the Atmos mix. Thanks that they did this version. Though it's lacks the punch someone mentioned I prefer this.

Date: October 26, 2023 10:55

The usage of a 7.1.4 speaker system (7 surround, [1 subwoofer], 4 height speakers) for all 12 Hackney Diamonds tracks is depicted in the article by [MagicVinylDigital.net] :

Click/tap on the images for a larger view.

Date: October 26, 2023 16:03

That's quite the setup, eh !

--------------

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 31, 2023 12:32

Pleaae do not post links to illegal copies of officially released music here on IORR.

Remixes, computer-based edits and so on are just as illegal as any other copies of official material. Do not post here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stefanz ()
Date: November 1, 2023 00:12

bv
Pleaae do not post links to illegal copies of officially released music here on IORR.

Remixes, computer-based edits and so on are just as illegal as any other copies of official material. Do not post here.

A few days ago I posted a message with a link to a YouTube video. You deleted the message.

YouTube allowed the video to remain uploaded because the music owner allowed it.

Are you willing to reconsider your action?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 3, 2023 15:57

stefanz
bv

A few days ago I posted a message with a link to a YouTube video. You deleted the message.

YouTube allowed the video to remain uploaded because the music owner allowed it.

Are you willing to reconsider your action?

IORR is a private web site, not related to Youtube, Twitter/X, Google or other commercial sites. I am one moderator, one person, non-profit, and my time is limited on this planet.

Commercial sites may have their own profit standards and rules, and a large staff. I never discuss moderation. On IORR at least 99.9% of more than one million posts are never touched or deleted.

If you do not like the IORR moderation, then feel free to post any other place on Internet, but please do not start a campaign here, it will not be accepted.

Bjornulf

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-03 18:47 by bv.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 5, 2023 06:41

Whale
the let it bleed bluray was spectacular.
the Hackney diamonds bluray seems to lack the punch of the CD.
thats what my ears said

I agree, my first thought was where's the rhythm section?

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 5, 2023 16:08

Please forgive my ignorance. I'm nearly as old as the Stones themselves and really have just relied on vinyl until the 80s and primarily CD since then. I don't know much about 5.1, atmos, tidal etc... I did rip most of my CD collection to my desktop and have a few thousand of my favs on my iPhone.

My question is - if I was to buy the blu-ray, is there is a simple (and not too crazy expensive) to end up with an atmos sourced stereo version that I could play on my desktop (which has a good speaker system) or phone etc.. I am really liking the album (more and more with every listen) but the the loudness is nearly ruining it for me, it's simply really hard on this old geezer's ears! This release has been a little frustrating in that regard for me (as was the bonus disc of "Tatoo You"

Date: November 5, 2023 16:30

Lynd8

is there is a simple (and not too crazy expensive) to end up with an atmos sourced stereo version that I could play on my desktop

Just rip the BluRay and then downconvert the 7.1 TrueHD audio file. The tools are for free, but you need some computer skills and need to know exactly what to do.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 5, 2023 18:21

kovach
Whale
the let it bleed bluray was spectacular.
the Hackney diamonds bluray seems to lack the punch of the CD.
thats what my ears said

I agree, my first thought was where's the rhythm section?

Ok, user error, somehow my subwoofer came unplugged! Bugged me all night, kept thinking somethings not right. Sounds much better today!

It seems Mick's lead vocals are mixed pretty low though other stuff really stands out like Elton's piano and Keith's background vocals, and some of the echo effects especially on Angry.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-08 05:43 by kovach.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 6, 2023 07:13

Is it true that the Japanese CD/Blu-ray set has a mono version of RSB on the CD and stereo version on the Blu-ray??!

Date: November 6, 2023 12:00

VoodooLounge13

Is it true that the Japanese CD/Blu-ray set has a mono version of RSB on the CD and stereo version on the Blu-ray??!

When listening via headphones, 'Rolling Stone Blues' sounds mono on all releases, like the HiRes 96-24 from Qobuz, the HiRes 96-24 from BluRay and also mono on Japanese SHM-CD UICY-16194.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 6, 2023 16:19

Thanks Irix. I'd read on the Stones app that it was mono on the CD but stereo on the blu-ray and wasn't sure what to believe.

Date: November 27, 2023 15:15

Lynd8
Please forgive my ignorance. I'm nearly as old as the Stones themselves and really have just relied on vinyl until the 80s and primarily CD since then. I don't know much about 5.1, atmos, tidal etc... I did rip most of my CD collection to my desktop and have a few thousand of my favs on my iPhone.

My question is - if I was to buy the blu-ray, is there is a simple (and not too crazy expensive) to end up with an atmos sourced stereo version that I could play on my desktop (which has a good speaker system) or phone etc.. I am really liking the album (more and more with every listen) but the the loudness is nearly ruining it for me, it's simply really hard on this old geezer's ears! This release has been a little frustrating in that regard for me (as was the bonus disc of "Tatoo You"

"Just rip the BluRay and then downconvert the 7.1 TrueHD audio file. The tools are for free, but you need some computer skills and need to know exactly what to do."

Thanks, I just obtained the BR - do you have a suggestion for the best free tool to rip the music?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 27, 2023 15:53

Lynd8
Lynd8

"Just rip the BluRay and then downconvert the 7.1 TrueHD audio file. The tools are for free, but you need some computer skills and need to know exactly what to do."

Thanks, I just obtained the BR - do you have a suggestion for the best free tool to rip the music?

I don't know if this is the "best" tool...but it's a tool:

[forum.audacityteam.org]

Date: November 27, 2023 17:20

Lynd8

In a first step you have to rip the 'Hackney Diamonds'-BR like a Movie-BR. Tools are: AnyDVD, MakeMKV or DVDFab.

Date: December 2, 2023 15:47

Irix
Lynd8

In a first step you have to rip the 'Hackney Diamonds'-BR like a Movie-BR. Tools are: AnyDVD, MakeMKV or DVDFab.

Thanks so much for the tip! I tried DVDFab and it was indeed fab smiling smiley I was able to make a stereo .wav file from the atmos (the only snag is that it's all one file LOL). I'll spend some time later separating them but the waveform looks great and the file sounds good to me.

Date: December 2, 2023 17:05

Lynd8

the waveform looks great and the file sounds good to me

Congratulations! The waveform of your downmixed stereo file should look like this in a sound editor - [MagicVinylDigital.Files.Wordpress.com] . If you can access the 16GB m2ts file of your ripped BR then you can downmix the 7.1 Atmos also with the free 'eac3to' tool or with the free 'FFmpeg' tool. An advantage with 'FFmpeg' would be that you can vary the mixing-parameters - [CopyProgramming.com] , [www.Reddit.com] .

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2281
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home