Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Will There Be One More? Really?
Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 5, 2005 15:39

Will there be another new album? And I mean an album like ABB. All new songs. I wonder if they still have it in them. If there really is enough time. Physical time. The tour would have to be over; then there would be some rest period, unless like on some occasions they are just redhot to lay down tracks, but those days are over. There just aren't endless jams in Keith's room anymore where Jagger, Ronnie, Bobby and Keith come up with all these road ideas. Jagger and Keith wouyld have to write songs, then assemble the big machine, convince Charlie, and also find some justification to include Ronnie.
So have we by now heard what is to beco0me the catalogue of the mighty Rolling Stones?

On the plus side I can see soloalbums by Ronnie and/or Jagger. Some kind of collaboration including Keith, yes.
Does anyone know what the status with recording contracts is and the Stones? Do they owe anyone another album? Or did they mayvbe even just sign yet another big contract? A contract that would force them to release an album of new material?

Re: Will There Be One More? Really?
Date: December 5, 2005 16:17

I believe there will be another album. Jagger is still willing. He will continue with the Rolling Stones even without Keith. After all he already did it back in 1987/88 in the Far East and in Australia. Charlie will be in the boat because he is good friends with Mick. Ronnie's got nothing else to do. Keith will take the money and besides it was him who always said he will carry on with the group until he dies.

At least we can expect more Mick Jagger solo albums under the label of "The Rolling Stones". Maybe Keith will even contribute a song every two years or add his guitar when Mick plays him his new songs. But that's about all I expect when thinking about new studio albums. But I think the next Mick Jagger solo album sailing under Stones flag will have more guests since the Mick/Keith aloen collaboration didn't really work out. It will never really work out anymore except for some publicity story. Mick and Keith good friends again -- writing songs together like in the days of old -- relasing another EXILE ON MAIN ST. We have already heard that bull so many times before.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 5, 2005 16:19

Stones without Keith. Nice joke.

Date: December 5, 2005 16:43

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stones without Keith. Nice joke.

No joke. He did it in Japan where he was announced as "Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones". He sold out. And he was the only one of the Rolling Stones in the band. I believe Keith is just staying in the band because he doesn't want to leave the money to Mick alone. I'm sure if Keith would leave tomorrow or die Mick would carry on. They carried on after Brian's death. They will just say "He would have wanted us to continue" like every old rock'n'roll band does. The money wants us.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:12

This is how I see it.

ABB will not be the last album. I guess we will have at least 3 or 4 more studio albums. ABB proved that they can do an album in a rush, if they want to.

I am not even too sure that ABB will be their last big tour. Wyman is touring at 70. Jagger will want to show he can do it too and, of course, better!

Someone wants to bet?

C

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: December 5, 2005 17:17

liddas Wrote:
> > This is how I see it.
>
> ABB will not be the last album. I guess we will
> have at least 3 or 4 more studio albums. ABB
> proved that they can do an album in a rush, if
> they want to.
>

Three or four more?!?!?! Are you seriuous?
It takes them good couple of months to record one so three or four seems a bit much. I hope there will be more but i think it is going to be one.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: December 5, 2005 20:43

Even if the Stones should decide to make ABB their final "true" studio album effort, they could release another album with one or two new tracks and the rest leftovers from previous sessions, the way they did for the making of "Tattoo You". So yes, I believe there will be at least one more studio album of one form or another.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 5, 2005 20:46

Is the Captain smoking crack today or WHAT? Stones without Keith? LMAO. No way!!!!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 6, 2005 10:41

It's not even that I question the will of them to put out a few more. But with the reality of time, is it trul;y possible that they could put out another one? The truth is that were they to release another one, it would mean a rockalbum by a band of almost SEVENTY YEAR OLD fellows!

Posted by: Jack Knife ()
Date: December 6, 2005 10:54

Age is just a number these days...60's and 70's ain't what they used to be (anybody seen Lauren Hutton recently? Whoa! And Clint Eastwood is at the pinnacle of his career at 75). It's not like they're gradually deteriating year by year...in fact, they're getting better and better (see the reviews for this tour...the best I've EVER seen...and 'A Bigger Bang'...!!!!).
So I think they can go on as long as they want, but Mick and everyone else will have to accept the fact that there will be no more hit singles and no more mega-hit albums and stop worrying about it. Just make music.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: December 6, 2005 13:30

I'm a dreamer:

They will do an ABB-Live-DCD first, some more Raritie-CDs, some Singles Boxsets from EMI to continue the ABKCO series, some Sound & Vision Boxsets from ABKCO, one new studioalbum, some small live-events and DVDs, and than, in 2012 (that will be in only six years!) they will start a Fifty-Licks-Flicks-Project.

Let's pray for the health of our boys!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:27

Jack Knife Wrote:
> Age is just a number these days...60's and 70's
> ain't what they used to be (anybody seen Lauren
> Hutton recently? Whoa! And Clint Eastwood is at
> the pinnacle of his career at 75).

slight problem with using that argument is that

a) those people are individuals, not a group of four. Even if one of the band kicks the bucket or cant play anymore (especially if its Mick or Keith), the whole thing goes tits-up, regardless of whether or not most of the rest of the guys live until theyre 200

b) Actors are more dependent on the creativity of other people (directors, producers, screenwriters, etc) for producing work. Musicians who write, produce and perform their own work aren't. Its a lot easier for an actor to work into old age as they're basically 'hired hands'.

The idea of the current members of the Stones being around and active for long enough to make four more albums (going by the fact that its taken them almost two decades to make the last four) is laughable, if not downright scary.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 6, 2005 14:45

Wait 8 more years to get a new album. ABB has just been released !!! I think that can suffice. We would have never asked that kind of question when SF, or LB or TO had been 2 monthes old. It does mean that 1) you are not fully satisfied with ABB or 2) you wonder up until when they will they keep on rolling or simply stay as a band.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:13

Apart from all these "technical circumstances" (age, health) they main factor is if a new album will be in them, if they are buring, if they still feel they want to do one - call it whatever you want. If they feel they will not be able to top A Bigger Bang then they most probably will not record another one...going out with "A Bigger bang" if you know what I mean...
After all, record sales are not a big income factor anymore these days. And the Bigger Bang Tour proves that it is also not essential to introduce a lot of new stuff on stage to guarantee a successful tour. So a new album will only appear if they are really up to it in a couple of years. Who is able to tell what's going on in a couple of years? Even the Stones do not know by now. It is all a matter of speculation.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:18

I don't know if it will happen again.However, I don't think Keith could do it without Mick and make it relevant. However, Mick could do it and put together a nice band ( they songs arent that difficult to play )and do small arenas and make a great run at it. The boys ( keith and Ron ) are sooooo inconsistant it's worse than some of the 81 tour. Being at Philly #1 which I stated before was fun to watch them dig themselves out and rock.. this has become WAY to much the norm and now its getting close to just bad playing.. I have seen 7 shows so far this tour and except for Chicago and Hollywood bowl #2 no others have been up to the shows from B2B or VDL ( last GREAT TOURS ). Anyway- I believe that Mick still has it and infact has improved his craft through vocals while Keith and Ron are just going through the motions. If this keeps up Mick has got to get bored.

Posted by: eric ()
Date: December 6, 2005 15:19

I ment that KEith could NOT do it without Mick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1593
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home