Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Mess It Up - Track Talk
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 20:39

Really like the remix. Am I the only one?! LOL Like the original, but enjoy the remix as well. Is it downloadable? I didn't see that on the email, only that it could be listened to.

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: November 18, 2023 20:46

VoodooLounge13
Really like the remix. Am I the only one?! LOL Like the original, but enjoy the remix as well. Is it downloadable? I didn't see that on the email, only that it could be listened to.

There is a download in HiRes and also in CD quality available at Qobuz:
[www.qobuz.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:06

Thank You!

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: November 18, 2023 21:09

Not a track I dont like on this album.

Date: November 18, 2023 22:36

Massimo68
Back to the Studio 54.

This photo is almost a snapshot into the future where Mick Jagger would be with Jerry Hall, who was Bryan Ferry's girlfriend before that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-18 22:37 by MrForeverMusicFan.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 19, 2023 05:59

atsu69
Mess It Up (Purple Disco Machine Remix) - 3:35

released in Japan.

[umj.lnk.to]

[www.youtube.com]

The Alok remix of Living In A Ghost Town is, to my ears, the best "remix" they've ever done (the quotes meaning unlike Miss You, Too Much Blood, Undercover Of The Night, Feel On Baby, Harlem Shuffle, One Hit... after that it got all clubby, basically, very few real remixes, mostly added whatever).

This remix is decent - none of the gazillion beats per minute like RAAHP etc. And, so far, it doesn't go on for 10 minutes.

Wasn't there a decent one for Rain Fall Down?

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 19, 2023 10:15

GasLightStreet
atsu69
Mess It Up (Purple Disco Machine Remix) - 3:35

released in Japan.

[umj.lnk.to]

[www.youtube.com]

The Alok remix of Living In A Ghost Town is, to my ears, the best "remix" they've ever done (the quotes meaning unlike Miss You, Too Much Blood, Undercover Of The Night, Feel On Baby, Harlem Shuffle, One Hit... after that it got all clubby, basically, very few real remixes, mostly added whatever).

This remix is decent - none of the gazillion beats per minute like RAAHP etc. And, so far, it doesn't go on for 10 minutes.

Agree on Alok!

Posted by: tiffanyblu ()
Date: November 19, 2023 10:23

The remix amassed a staggering 2700 streams on Spotify the first day spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 19, 2023 13:45

GasLightStreet

Not sure about a decent one, but 'Rain Fall Down' got a remix by 'will.i.am' - it's on Disc 44 of 'The Singles 1971–2006' - [Music.Apple.com] .

Date: November 19, 2023 13:55

By 'Purple Disco Machine' about his remix: "Ok guys, this is a special one for me. I am feeling very honoured and proud to have been asked to remix The Rolling Stones! My remix of ‘Mess It Up’ is available on all platforms now - let me know what you think" - [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Mess It Up - Track Talk
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 19, 2023 17:16

The Rolling Stones - Mess It Up (Purple Disco Machine Remix) | Official Lyric Video

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: November 19, 2023 17:44

There was no need to remix this. The album version with a decent video can be a hit. 2700 streams is nothing on spotify

Posted by: daniel t ()
Date: November 19, 2023 18:36

They can give a rest to Miss You during the next tour and include this one instead.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: November 19, 2023 19:43

I do like the Miss You remix on the Austin Powers soundtrack and there is a pretty good Sympathy For The Devil remix on the remix CD.

There were many crap remixes from Bridges and Voodoo...

Mixed Emotions 12" remix -- now that was something to dig. That riff at the beginning... and then the bass kicks in... In my book, that was the last true remix without the boom-boom-boom-boom beats. I mean today who listens to those Love Is Strong remixes on one single CD?

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: November 19, 2023 20:46

Charlie is already driving the '4 on the floor' down beat which makes the song very easy to dance to. It is a rock disco song for sure. His kick is heavily EQed to help drive the song and the song and mix are perfect. But, sadly, an accoustic kick and dual guitars just isn't pop enough for a modern dance floor. The frequency range of digital drums out pound an accoustic kick completely.

I still think if you through the original in a dance mix in a club people would be all over it but the thump of the remix would bave those subs pounding way more.

The new arrangement is likely a dance formula with the dynamic changes proven to work in clubs.

I'd still rather they left the guitars as the original for some air guitar smileys with beer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 20, 2023 03:06

Markdog
Charlie is already driving the '4 on the floor' down beat which makes the song very easy to dance to. It is a rock disco song for sure. His kick is heavily EQed to help drive the song and the song and mix are perfect. But, sadly, an accoustic kick and dual guitars just isn't pop enough for a modern dance floor. The frequency range of digital drums out pound an accoustic kick completely.

I still think if you through the original in a dance mix in a club people would be all over it but the thump of the remix would bave those subs pounding way more.

The new arrangement is likely a dance formula with the dynamic changes proven to work in clubs.

I'd still rather they left the guitars as the original for some air guitar smileys with beer

I don't what else they did for the new mix, it's fine but taking out the guitars is neutering the song, and not including the "and I don't lie....." line, the showstopper, is operator error!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: November 22, 2023 09:52

- deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-01 21:00 by wiredallnight.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: December 1, 2023 21:03

Well... no comment...

Date: December 1, 2023 21:48

Good try but the album version is the best.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2023 00:12

Odd, wonder who made that ? The comments imply it's the original remixer ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-02 00:13 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 2, 2023 01:52

gotdablouse

Purple Disco Maschine did the remix. But what is an original remix? Sounds Strange. Either you have an original Mix or a Remix...

Date: December 2, 2023 06:33

hockenheim95
gotdablouse

Purple Disco Maschine did the remix. But what is an original remix? Sounds Strange. Either you have an original Mix or a Remix...

No. You just said it.

Anything beyond the single/LP mix, when altered, is a "remix", even if it's an editing deal, like Miss You and all its different "mixes".

Date: December 2, 2023 06:38

VoodooLounge13

Certainly you are kidding.

Email?

You've got to do the work. It's not difficult.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 3, 2023 16:16

daniel t
They can give a rest to Miss You during the next tour and include this one instead.

Not in Vegas or Seattle please. Shows I am attending. Mess it Up is easily my least favourite on HD. I don’t skip it, but where I do occasionally put the needle down just to hear any of the other tracks by themselves, I’ve not ever done that with Mess It Up. I have no inclination to hear this live.

Rod

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: December 3, 2023 18:05

Is it getting airplay. Is it charting? Probably not. The remix to me is horrible

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: December 8, 2023 19:45

In an interview Mick said Bill played bass on Mess It Up. I'll find the interview and post it.

Date: December 8, 2023 21:30

exilestones

In an interview Mick said Bill played bass on Mess It Up.

But the credits say Andrew Watt on Bass.

Credits: [www.Qobuz.com] - (i-button on desktop browsers) , [Music.Apple.com] - (··· View Credits) , [www.HDtracks.com] - (··· Track Info). BluRay credits - [www.YouTube.com] - (Pos. 3:33).

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: December 13, 2023 20:33

New video is coming! smileys with beer

[www.instagram.com]
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-13 20:56 by HardRiffin.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: December 13, 2023 20:53

Mess It Up (Purple Disco Machine Remix), I like better than the album version which I dont like at all. This has the gut to go all the way through the path of the vintage disco sound. good job

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: December 13, 2023 23:59

Does anyone care about these videos that don't even feature band members?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2306
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home