Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 96
Re: Hackney Diamonds - Album Talk
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: March 7, 2024 18:45

Doxa
ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
It's telling that we got 83 pages of conversation on this Stones album whereas Crosseyed Heart got over 200 pages of mostly positive conversation from a solo Stone.
Says it all really.

might it also indicate that a good chunk of the hardcore fan base has died off in the nearly decade long gap between the two albums?

although i will admit to liking crosseyed heart slightly more then hackney diamonds

Well, some of us have left for sure, for natural reasons, but also that horrible CROSSEYED HEART thread contributed for that. There was a lynch mentality there against any critical word. The Richards macho fan crowd had their fiesta there. Like some bloody holy mess a bunch of True Believers preaching each other the same Gospel. The same points again and and again and again and again.

By contrast, this thread has been more civil. It actually contains great discussion involving differing opinions and point of views. Quality over quantity.

- Doxa

Typical moronic blanket statement that keeps so many posters away, to dismiss over 200 pages of mostly positive conversations concerning Crosseyed Heart as a lynch mob is attention seeking BS.

Posted by: yorkshirestone ()
Date: March 7, 2024 20:25

Can we get back on topic with HD rather than arguing over an ancient thread about a solo album

5 months in im still very much enjoying HD- standing up as a great late career addition to my ears

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: March 7, 2024 20:35

Mick album FTW!!!
Honestly though I hope the Keith fans are appreciating his licks as well on this most exquisite gift of an album we’ve been blessed with.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: March 7, 2024 22:12

...Don't think I've listened to it for 2 months now.......

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 8, 2024 01:30

Listen to it every day.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 8, 2024 01:39

you mean like each and every day ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 8, 2024 02:33

Rockman
you mean like each and every day ....

Yes.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: March 8, 2024 02:35

VoodooLounge13

Same here.. can’t stand those lifeless drums..

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: March 8, 2024 10:43

dedospegajosos
VoodooLounge13

The drums are fine, but I haven't listened to HD the past months either. If I'd want to listen to pop music, I'd listen to the Beatles or ABBA.

I am happy about Keith's version of Waiting For The Man, though. Maybe it's time for another solo-album?

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: March 8, 2024 10:53

This really is now starting to go round in circles eye rolling smiley

Date: March 8, 2024 14:24

matxil
dedospegajosos
VoodooLounge13

The drums are fine, but I haven't listened to HD the past months either. If I'd want to listen to pop music, I'd listen to the Beatles or ABBA.

I am happy about Keith's version of Waiting For The Man, though. Maybe it's time for another solo-album?

Keith as a Rolling Stone is a dead box creatively, it's been this way for decades so yeah a solo album/tour is his only course left for him if he wants to be respectful of his legacy/ integrity/legitimacy.
I don't think his heart is in albums like Hackney Diamonds, he's become a very expensive hired hand.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: March 8, 2024 15:48

keefriffhards
matxil
dedospegajosos
VoodooLounge13

Keith as a Rolling Stone is a dead box creatively, it's been this way for decades so yeah a solo album/tour is his only course left for him if he wants to be respectful of his legacy/ integrity/legitimacy.
I don't think his heart is in albums like Hackney Diamonds, he's become a very expensive hired hand.

So you think Keith sold his soul at a certain point?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 8, 2024 16:10

MKjan
Listen to it every day.

I finally took it out of the CD player in the car, and have been listening to some Jazz. I was getting concerned I was overplaying it and would stop appreciating it as much. But such a great album. I think I may hold off until driving from Vancouver to Seattle for my first show...that'll make some nice road trip music.

Date: March 8, 2024 18:07

retired_dog
keefriffhards
matxil
dedospegajosos
VoodooLounge13

To my ears Hackney Diamonds is like the Stones trying to be Aerosmith, do you think that's where Keith is musically, personally i doubt Keith's soul is in an album like that, i think it's phony and sad.
I can only speak for myself but HD is the only album by the Stones that that i have no desire to play again.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 8, 2024 19:28

....."HD is the only album by the Stones that that i have no desire to play again."

So you've said, but you sure have the desire to point it out about 1000 times, i think most got the point the first time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-08 19:38 by LeonidP.

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 8, 2024 20:48

matxil

Judging from what one hears, they are already (or still) working on the next Stones album, then there's the upcoming tour(s). I don't see much of a time window for Keith to seriously work on another solo album in anytime soon.

Also, I wonder if he has so many songs in stock he considers not fitting for the Stones. And he doesn't seem to work on songs in his spare time as systematically as Mick does.

I'd rather prefer they make headway in completeing the next Stones album (a good deal of which is already in the can, if we are to believe them). smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 8, 2024 23:56

doitywoik
matxil

Judging from what one hears, they are already (or still) working on the next Stones album, then there's the upcoming tour(s). I don't see much of a time window for Keith to seriously work on another solo album in anytime soon.

Also, I wonder if he has so many songs in stock he considers not fitting for the Stones. And he doesn't seem to work on songs in his spare time as systematically as Mick does.

I'd rather prefer they make headway in completeing the next Stones album (a good deal of which is already in the can, if we are to believe them). smiling smiley

I guess one can never write Keith off. He always seem to find some extra gear when one least expects that. So who knows how many active years he might still have.

But yeah, realistically speaking, it looks like it is The Stones he is putting his energy on at the moment. Like always The Stones seem to be his priority number one. But I wouldn't count out a some kind of new solo album/project some day. The Reed track is a nice indication of that possibility.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-09 00:03 by Doxa.

Date: March 9, 2024 00:33

LeonidP
....."HD is the only album by the Stones that that i have no desire to play again."

So you've said, but you sure have the desire to point it out about 1000 times, i think most got the point the first time.

Wrong. It took me about 500 times before I absorbed it, but I'm sometimes slow to the mark so I really appreciate his tenacity in pointing it out repeatedly.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: March 9, 2024 02:20

FoolToCry

...from #37 up to #33 in the German Top 100 this week.

Down now to #41 .... but still in the [OffizielleCharts.de] .

Date: March 9, 2024 15:41

Doxa
doitywoik
matxil

I guess one can never write Keith off. He always seem to find some extra gear when one least expects that. So who knows how many active years he might still have.

But yeah, realistically speaking, it looks like it is The Stones he is putting his energy on at the moment. Like always The Stones seem to be his priority number one. But I wouldn't count out a some kind of new solo album/project some day. The Reed track is a nice indication of that possibility.

- Doxa

Honestly, what for? Time and cost consuming writing and recording processes for (very) limited returns? If anything, full album releases of solo material would realistically only make sense for their heirs - to give them something to chew on and to keep the brands alive. That's probably when we will see Keith's Toronto 1977 stuff or Mick's Red Devils blues album and whatever other suitable demos they have recorded over the years in their home studios finally released. But during their lifetimes, I can only see single solo tracks every once in a while like Waiting For The Man or Strange Game from now on.

Date: March 9, 2024 15:52

keefriffhards
retired_dog
keefriffhards
matxil
dedospegajosos
VoodooLounge13

To my ears Hackney Diamonds is like the Stones trying to be Aerosmith, do you think that's where Keith is musically, personally i doubt Keith's soul is in an album like that, i think it's phony and sad.
I can only speak for myself but HD is the only album by the Stones that that i have no desire to play again.

Keeping in mind that Keith rejected Gotta Get A Grip/England Lost as "no Stones material" I simply can't see that he would take part in a project like HD when he doesn't like the songs.

Don't you think that you question Keith's credibility by suggesting that he records a whole album without his heart and soul in the material? I mean, just because you don't like HD does not necessarily mean that Keith must feel the same!

Date: March 9, 2024 16:36

treaclefingers
LeonidP

Wrong. It took me about 500 times before I absorbed it, but I'm sometimes slow to the mark so I really appreciate his tenacity in pointing it out repeatedly.

Well I thought I liked it, but he finally convinced me that it's crap, about on his 750th post of an album he can't stand. Maybe the Stones will do better next time

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-09 16:38 by LeonidP.

Date: March 10, 2024 16:31

treaclefingers
LeonidP

It's great to be of help and appreciated, thank you, and the added bonus is i got you guys to page 84.
I can't believe i come back here every couple months to look in and it's the same 6 guys having the same conversation with the same opinions. Sad Sad Sad.
Have you thought about getting a life or actually going to see one of the Shows.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: March 10, 2024 16:51

The album seems like mostly all Jagger songs.But it’s got some good songs,and good guitar playing by Keith and Ron.It’s a good album and great for their ages.The only thing I don’t like that much is Jagger’s mannered vocals. And Id like them to try music which is a little more adventurous the next time

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: March 10, 2024 20:39

I would prefer a more naturally-sounding production. But I guess this is a business decision, not an artistic one.

Date: March 10, 2024 20:40

keefriffhards
treaclefingers
LeonidP

It's great to be of help and appreciated, thank you, and the added bonus is i got you guys to page 84.
I can't believe i come back here every couple months to look in and it's the same 6 guys having the same conversation with the same opinions. Sad Sad Sad.
Have you thought about getting a life or actually going to see one of the Shows.

I love it! Now I know you're actually having fun with everyone and I respect how well you had us going! I bet you actually secretly hate Keith and are just giving us the gears!

But if you're by some slim chance...not joking...oh dear!

BTW...how many shows do you have tickets for this tour?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-10 20:41 by treaclefingers.

Date: March 10, 2024 21:29

treaclefingers
keefriffhards
treaclefingers
LeonidP

I love it! Now I know you're actually having fun with everyone and I respect how well you had us going! I bet you actually secretly hate Keith and are just giving us the gears!

But if you're by some slim chance...not joking...oh dear!

BTW...how many shows do you have tickets for this tour?

That's a curious reaction.
As far as tickets go i wait for the European shows.
As for Keith? He's the man as far as
I'm concerned, a true living legend, a genius and we will never know far sure but he seems a soulfull character with good intentions. What's not to love, he's larger than life and like Mick, an inspiration, especially at 80.
My only beef with some of you guys is your intolerance of anyone with a different opinion or point of view.
Enjoy your club dude, I'll tune in for the tour and hopefully we get to hear live what the new tracks should have sounded like before Andrew Watts got his hands on them.

Date: March 10, 2024 22:50

keefriffhards
My only beef with some of you guys is your intolerance of anyone with a different opinion or point of view.

? ... it's not about a different point of view. Just odd that an album you state that you don't like to the point of "I won't ever play it again" but spend so much time talking about it, feeling the need to say it over & over. If it's to try and convince others they are wrong, well as stated, it worked on me, I now have come to realize it sucks. Maybe in the next couple hundred you'll convince a few others.

Date: March 10, 2024 23:57

LeonidP
keefriffhards

? ... it's not about a different point of view. Just odd that an album you state that you don't like to the point of "I won't ever play it again" but spend so much time talking about it, feeling the need to say it over & over. If it's to try and convince others they are wrong, well as stated, it worked on me, I now have come to realize it sucks. Maybe in the next couple hundred you'll convince a few others.

One has to admire his dedication to his craft.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 11, 2024 10:33

So, the logic is: If you don't like it you're allowed to state it once, maybe a couple of times, but if you like it there is no such limit? I get it if people tend to be repetitive though...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7980818283848586878889...LastNext
Current Page: 84 of 96

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home