Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Fifty years ago today Bruxelles 1973
Posted by: forest73 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 19:34

Who was here ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-18 10:31 by bv.

Re: Fifty years ago today Bruxelles
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: October 17, 2023 19:50

Me, first show.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 17, 2023 21:03

marclaff
Me, first show.
You should have filmed it

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 17, 2023 22:55

Date: October 17, 2023 23:30

I'm biased but I got to say those are some very good looking fans there. Great footage on the train. I spent many nights on those trains with Rizla.
The footage of Jagger, when '@#$%&' is playing is fantastic. No one even comes close. Those were his moves; he was electric.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: October 18, 2023 00:22

Me too. Afternoon show. I was about to post it, but I though... Too nostalgic...

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 18, 2023 01:44

Played the boxset vinyl to celebrate in my new home in Portugal. Been here 3 weeks today. It's nice but I don't think we get first day releases like other places. I will be Hackneyed on Friday I hope, going to check two FNACs around.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 18, 2023 02:21

forest73
Who was here ?

Not in Bruxelles but in Rotterdam Ahoy '73 great show I think it was the 15th of Oktober pity this one was not recorded in high quality

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 18, 2023 04:01

Interesting that the first show was planned for the fans of France that the tour didn’t cover as Keith was banned from visiting the country due to his past drug possession. So it was a “French show” that happened in Belgium so to speak. And what makes the matter ironical is that the first show is in general regarded as better of the two by the fans.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: October 18, 2023 05:21

I cannot think of the Brussels show (1st) without fawning over the band's performance of TD. During the L&G movie Keith clearly shuts down Taylor's "noodling" (I hate that term) during that song. Keep it simple he seems to be directing. But a year or so later Taylor got his playing in and the result was brilliant. Focus on Taylor's playing on that song. It is one of the band's greatest moments on stage. The song closes like a symphony.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 18, 2023 13:08

frankotero
Played the boxset vinyl to celebrate in my new home in Portugal. Been here 3 weeks today. It's nice but I don't think we get first day releases like other places. I will be Hackneyed on Friday I hope, going to check two FNACs around.
You can try on Thursday evening in FNAC Chiado. They will have a listening party for Hackney Diamonds there.
BTW, strange things can happen in FNACs in Portugal. On a several occasions I got a release a day earlier, before the official release date.

Re: Fifty years ago today Bruxelles 1973
Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 18, 2023 13:31

ironbelly, thank you for the information. I will definitely check this out. Cheers!

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: October 18, 2023 16:07

pmk251
I cannot think of the Brussels show (1st) without fawning over the band's performance of TD. During the L&G movie Keith clearly shuts down Taylor's "noodling" (I hate that term) during that song. Keep it simple he seems to be directing. But a year or so later Taylor got his playing in and the result was brilliant. Focus on Taylor's playing on that song. It is one of the band's greatest moments on stage. The song closes like a symphony.

Keef fanboys love that moment haha

He apparently wanted Taylor to reinforce the riff instead of augmenting it.

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: October 19, 2023 10:38

RisingStone
Interesting that the first show was planned for the fans of France that the tour didn’t cover as Keith was banned from visiting the country due to his past drug possession. So it was a “French show” that happened in Belgium so to speak. And what makes the matter ironical is that the first show is in general regarded as better of the two by the fans.

I think TD in Ladies and Gentlemen, he talks Mick Jagger into insisting more on the end tempo, but not at all to MT for his playing.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 19, 2023 14:51

NICOS
forest73
Who was here ?

Not in Bruxelles but in Rotterdam Ahoy '73 great show I think it was the 15th of Oktober pity this one was not recorded in high quality

The entire 1973 tour was recorded by the Stones mobile. The tapes of the Rotterdam shows were shown in last years documentaries.

Mathijs

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: October 19, 2023 18:14

video: [youtu.be]Did Keith like the extended solos by the othe guitarist and the sax player on this song.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-19 18:18 by Taylor1.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 19, 2023 18:37

[www.youtube.com]

Well, not exactly the kind of videos we would want... grinning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 19, 2023 19:19

Mathijs

The entire 1973 tour was recorded by the Stones mobile. The tapes of the Rotterdam shows were shown in last years documentaries.

Mathijs

Not just some gigs at the end of the tour when the band was hot?

It would have been logical to bring the Mobile for a handful of perfs and tape all the other nights with a more primitive gear.
I remember that years ago you showed pics from that tour that featured a semi-pro reel-to-reel recording device that was onstage.

It looked like a super-8 projector btw... cool smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1910
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home