Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 22, 2023 13:49

mailexile67
A new release could happens in 2026 after touring America next year and Europe in 2025...I think that hopefully, this will be the scenario.

But then the songs would be 3+ years old by that time...that's unlikely to work for Mick ! It would have made sense for them to release it next year...maybe it's part of the "18 month plan" mentioned by the UMG UK exac after all !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 22, 2023 14:01

They have no problems playing old songs live! grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2023 14:29

gotdablouse
mailexile67
A new release could happens in 2026 after touring America next year and Europe in 2025...I think that hopefully, this will be the scenario.

But then the songs would be 3+ years old by that time...that's unlikely to work for Mick ! It would have made sense for them to release it next year...maybe it's part of the "18 month plan" mentioned by the UMG UK exac after all !

Yes I think you're right. They're keenly aware that this whole wonderful ride could end at any time, without their having any say into the matter. Mick isn't one to say they're 3/4s through the next album, unless he sees it close enough to get over the line. And on that note I suspect it will also be good, as he wouldn't even have mentioned it otherwise.

I'll even bet that's what they were working on during the extended break from the spring until now.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 22, 2023 14:46

They are aware there is not that much time to tour all continents

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 22, 2023 14:58

bye bye johnny
Producer Tony Visconti was invited to the Racket NYC private show. He didn't stick around long enough to see the show, though.

[m.facebook.com]

What a drag is getting old.

- Doxa

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 22, 2023 15:03

Doxa
bye bye johnny
Producer Tony Visconti was invited to the Racket NYC private show. He didn't stick around long enough to see the show, though.

[m.facebook.com]

What a drag is getting old.

- Doxa

Wow, that post of Tony Visconti is the most boomer-like boomer thing I read this week.

His answers in the comment section are good entertainment as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 15:07 by StonedRambler.

Date: October 22, 2023 17:16

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 17:18

Fantastic Ronnie and Keith on that one! So beautiful to see Ronnie back in top form! Chanel sadly throwing Mick off in chorus with her slightly out of key singing...

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 22, 2023 18:19

Topi…GNR are just playing one date in Mexico Nov.20 dates would run early June to early Sept. Isn’t 20 a lot for them for North America?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 18:20 by babyblue.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 22, 2023 18:48

I am not holding my breath on another album coming, remember we were also told that the new album was almost done for at least five years and they were putting the finishing touches on it. Now, we find out they "blitzkrieged" it between November and February.

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 18:49

babyblue
Woz
The tour is late spring/early summer. Twenty dates.

So a early June start.Sounds good.But 20 dates. They usually do 14. So other 6 could be very early in year say Brazil, Oz , Argentina, New Zealand. My speculation. Maybe announcement early February. Myself would like to take in several places.

I'm thinking more late April / early May start... When was the Jazz Fest extra date, 25/04?

Date: October 22, 2023 19:07

babyblue
Topi…GNR are just playing one date in Mexico Nov.20 dates would run early June to early Sept. Isn’t 20 a lot for them for North America?

Yes, it's certainly more than they have played in any given year since 2012. They're not exactly getting any younger so it's a surprisingly high number if true.

(Note that the GNR Mexico date is a festival. Different from a standalone GNR gig in terms of production costs. Plus they're in California right before and have nothing else after the Mexico festival)

As far as the Stones, maybe it's possible that they have double-headers planned for the bigger markets. The 2023 tour itinerary only had one city with two shows planned, that was New York. (Sorry, don't know which venue, could also have been MetLife)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 19:19 by Topi.

Stones in NYC
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 22, 2023 19:31

Not on "The Tonight Show" website (yet), but the local cable guide shows "A special appearance by Mick Jagger" on Monday October 23 and Tuesday October 24.

[www.nbc.com]

Mick's appearance was teased in a tweet last week.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: October 22, 2023 19:54

So any idea when the professional video of the concert will see the light of day? In the near future as part of the album promotion or in a few months as part of the documentary?

Date: October 22, 2023 20:04

Saw a tweet that claimed it would be part of the documentary, release date unknown.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 22, 2023 20:09

Please share that tweet.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: October 22, 2023 20:12

See here on Facebook:
[m.facebook.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 22, 2023 20:27

smoking smiley

Date: October 22, 2023 21:15

Yeah, thanks spunky, Facebook post obviously, not a tweet.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 22, 2023 21:19

Nellcote1971
babyblue
Woz

So a early June start.Sounds good.But 20 dates. They usually do 14. So other 6 could be very early in year say Brazil, Oz , Argentina, New Zealand. My speculation. Maybe announcement early February. Myself would like to take in several places.

I'm thinking more late April / early May start... When was the Jazz Fest extra date, 25/04?

I think Charlie's recovery time between gigs was the biggest limiting factor in terms of number of dates....

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 22, 2023 22:20

That they will break the mold of some 14 dates and play more shows could be feasible. Now they have the new album to promote, which means that the situations are completely different from the “bonus years 2012-2022”, there is a renewed, higher motivation than the preceding years to push them a little bit further and harder.

I doubt, though, they will divide the dates into two or more continents. Most likely they will focus on North America initially.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: October 22, 2023 22:40

Isn’t 14 the maximum number of dates they can get insurance ?

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 22:59

New York MSG and London O2 Arena : 2 x 10 residencies.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 22, 2023 23:06

EJM

No one would insure them for a 15th date?

They could always get a second insurer for the second leg of the tour. I think they take their time, lots of space between dates but I'll bet it would be a big tour, coming off a big album.

Could you imagine a follow-up album next year, just to throw a little extra spice into it? It's 1965 again!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 22, 2023 23:26

EJM

For both North American tours 2015 and 2019, they played 17 shows (N.B. the former includes the Fonda Theatre show). For Europe 2022, they eventually played 14 shows but it excludes the cancelled Bern show. Berlin Waldbühne was announced only three days after Bern was called off — I assume it was planned before that, which means 15 shows were to be played in the initial plan.

Contrary to many fans’ belief, “14” is not a given.

Posted by: arizojp ()
Date: October 22, 2023 23:37

Mick Jagger, the cameos on Saturday Night Live downloadable here :

[iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 23:37 by arizojp.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 22, 2023 23:52

StonedRambler
So any idea when the professional video of the concert will see the light of day? In the near future as part of the album promotion or in a few months as part of the documentary?

Surely after all the overdubs smoking smiley

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: October 23, 2023 00:22

Hey guys.

Dont know if if its been posted yet but a beautiful video from the Racket Club

Racket Club UJP

What a bass solo from Darryl on BMHO!
Great sound all around

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 23, 2023 00:51

Woz

20 dates in N/A would be pretty wild. Maybe 4 Canadian (Vancouver and Edmonton from the scrapped 2023, as well as Montreal and Toronto) and 16 USA (with 2xLA, 2XNYC).

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 23, 2023 02:04

Woz

Keep hearing murmers of Aussie tour late April.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home