Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 27
Re: Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 20, 2023 12:47

Our favourite band is on form - and truly awesome!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: October 20, 2023 12:49

pro shot footage of ssoh

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 20, 2023 12:54

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
MonkeyMan2000
keefriffhards

Works both ways man, in the same clip you are bashing Keith for being out of tune like its sounds crap because of him.
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Well, I know how a video taken in front of the stage affects the sound of a band. Vocals are bound to sound weak and distant, but the guitar amps three meters in front of you don't lie. You have to be able to make a distinction between performance and the sound and mix of the PA. But as I said, maybe the rest of the song was better and Keith just had a hiccup there.

On another note, I would have guessed that Keith would play this one in Open G? Hopeyfully well hear a clip from the verse to see how that translates live.

Just heard a clip on SSOH from last night Micks voice so much better from further back, sorry i take it back Mick sounds good.

don't know if this is the clip you heard but mick sound almost indistinguishable from the studio version
[www.instagram.com]
so good!grinning smiley

Yeah that was the clip plus some with Gaga, it's as good as it's going to get, on tour he saves his voice, this is full blown devil may care I'm going for it Mick.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 20, 2023 12:55

Angry is in a different key than the Studio version

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 20, 2023 12:56

ProfessorWolf
pro shot footage of ssoh

Wow, we need everything in this quality !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: October 20, 2023 13:06

Sounds fantastic, a raw Stones club show with new songs.
Mick's voice sounds good, the guitar twins are on, Keith's solo and the hand claps ... yeah.
Sweet Sounds - wow. OK, v distorted, but if we ever get the official shoot, so good.
And such a lean version of the ban! Plus Gaga.

How a few people can then step up on here and start moaning as if it's their default position is beyond me. This is a day of huge celebration if you are a Stones fan. Still, free speech and all that!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:06

This, the album, the promo, the gig, is all just MINDBLOWING! Never fancied somtehing like that. Sorry for shouting, but this got me enthusiastic! smileys with beer

Date: October 20, 2023 13:17

after watching a more complete version of angry i changed my mind its fine just a little rough around the edges but a lotta fun

and keith's solo was great too

and that pro shot clip of ssoh good god that is fantastic i hope they quickly release it

at least the audio digitally

i seriously think it may rival the studio version

definitely a keeper for future shows

Date: October 20, 2023 13:18

ProfessorWolf
almost the whole performance of angry

You think it's falling to peices and then something happens with this band, maybe out of pride maybe from desperation or maybe through memory when all of a sudden they wing it and pull it off, by the end of Angry they were Rocking something new, it made my day, the Stones have something new to play and are trying their hearts out. Would love to hear this from a pro recording, i think it works.
One thing though, Keith seems not all there, too much weed or something.

Date: October 20, 2023 13:24

keefriffhards
ProfessorWolf
almost the whole performance of angry

You think it's falling to peices and then something happens with this band, maybe out of pride maybe from desperation or maybe through memory when all of a sudden they wing it and pull it off, by the end of Angry they were Rocking something new, it made my day, the Stones have something new to play and are trying their hearts out. Would love to hear this from a pro recording, i think it works.
One thing though, Keith seems not all there, too much weed or something.

keith's fine

he just hasn't played seriously onstage in over a year and he's 79

let him knock the rust off a bit

did you notice how well he pulled off the solo that's pretty good for him in recent years

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 13:27 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:27

wow just wow...they actually pulled off SSOH...good for them....peeps need to stop criticizing....80 year olds showing the way......good for them..inspiring

Date: October 20, 2023 13:36

god i hope they do another one off show that's more open to the public and perhaps a bit longer

has any one with connections heard anything?

i know its unlikely but a couple weeks ago nobody thought they'd do anything live this year (or perhaps ever again) even bv was very skeptical

and then this show just dropped out of nowhere

they clearly had fun and there all together whats to stop them from going back into rehearsals for a few days and then doing another show somewhere around ny?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 13:37 by ProfessorWolf.

Date: October 20, 2023 13:38

Amazing thru and thru. Hope they tour as soon as possible for as long as possible. Let’s see how more reminders about their age this thread will generate. Think most here should know.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: bauk77 ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:38

Sweet sound already great live, angry needs a little more practice. Looking forward for the tour :-)

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:43

MadMetaphoricalMax
Mick's voice sounds good, the guitar twins are on, Keith's solo and the hand claps ... yeah.
Sweet Sounds - wow. OK, v distorted, but if we ever get the official shoot, so good.

How a few people can then step up on here and start moaning as if it's their default position is beyond me. This is a day of huge celebration if you are a Stones fan. Still, free speech and all that!

Oh yes! What a day to celebrate the greatest Rock'n Roll band in the worls! We are so lucky!!

Date: October 20, 2023 13:45

Sorry guys.. Big fan but based on Shattered (not heard the rest) they should have skipped this gig. They always need some time to get rolling. That's absolutely fine. But the Shattered performance just sounds very bad. No need to blame is on bad audio.

Album is fantastic!

Edit/ just heard SSOH. That one sounds fantastic. Reminds me of the climax on thats how strong my love is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 13:50 by PaintMonkeyManBlack.

Posted by: GJB ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:46

The fact they attempted this deserves praise! They didn't need to play any new songs this early... especially without the full touring band to fill out the sound. I think when Chuck and Bernard and the brass are back these will sound even better and more full. But this is the stones, raw, at times like they are about to fall off the track, but amazing.

Angry will benefit from Bernard supporting Mick.

SsOH - don't know how it will translate without gaga on a tour, however the brass will help.

Just so glad they are back! Mick is unreal.

Date: October 20, 2023 13:50

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Sorry guys.. Big fan but they should have skipped this gig. They always need some time to get rolling. That's absolutely fine. But this sounds very bad. No need to blame is on bad audio.

Album is fantastic!

to me

besides the lack of guitars on bite my head off

it sounded about as well as it has at most shows in the last few tours

there's always a few songs that are duds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 13:51 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:50

I very much prefer this stripped down version of the band to an orchestra. I don't care about the mistakes, that's part of the mojo.

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:51

Kevin Mazur

Stones in NYC week of October 16
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:52

Kevin Mazur

Date: October 20, 2023 13:56

MadMetaphoricalMax

Yeah free speech?

Look i can understand fully someone having the opinion to say "what a bunch of crap, this is tarnishing the memory of the best band in the world, time to give it up",
I can also understand that to people like you and i we are witnessing a miracle, the fact that 80 year old guys have the guts to play under rehearsed new material after a long lay off live is astonishing and proves they damn well want to continue regardless of what anyone thinks.

But just let people have an opinion without getting personal towards them.

I like that you don't get personal when you disagree with someone, let's hope others follow your example.

little club-gig 2023 oct 19th nyc
Posted by: thomashanck ()
Date: October 20, 2023 13:11

hi,

a little snippet ... [www.youtube.com]

Re: little club-gig 2023 oct 19th nyc
Date: October 20, 2023 13:13

one more ... [www.youtube.com]

Date: October 20, 2023 13:14

angry ... [www.youtube.com]

Date: October 20, 2023 13:16

shattered and tumbling dice ... [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 20, 2023 14:09

SSOH was great, I thought, even on that crappy quality vid and the people talking over it.

Date: October 20, 2023 14:22

anyone else notice how energetic and alert ronnie was compared to the last few years?

seems he's fully recovered from his bout with cancer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 14:23 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 20, 2023 14:23

4 new songs out of 7.

Was the Some Girls tour the last time any crowd got that kind of ratio?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-20 14:23 by Topi.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: October 20, 2023 14:36

From the Independent newspaper in the UK, by Dave Bauder

What's that bar band playing "Jumpin' Jack Flash"? Oh, it's the Rolling Stones!

Those miracles of modern science, the Rolling Stones, celebrated the release of their first album of original music in 18 years with a Manhattan club gig on Thursday.

Before a celebrity-strewn audience of invited guests that included Christie Brinkley, Elvis Costello and Trevor Noah at Racket NYC, the Stones made a notable racket themselves over seven songs, four from the new “Hackney Diamonds” disc.

Mick Jagger alluded to past stunts the Stones had done in New York to tout new music over the years, including performing on a flatbed truck on Fifth Avenue.

They saluted the city by opening with the 1970s-era punkish tune, “Shattered,” with the lyric “my brain's been splattered all over Manhattan.”

After performing the new single, “Angry,” Jagger noted to his bandmates, “There's a first time for everything.”

That vigor was apparent at the performance in Manhattan's Meatpacking district. Following an opening DJ set by Questlove, Jagger pranced and prowled a stage much smaller than he's used to, one that a roadie prepared for him by sprinkling powder on the floor. Now 80, he moved like a man half his age. His tongue wagged slightly as he caught his breath after another punk-inspired tune, “Bite My Head Off.”
“You might be familiar with this one,” Jagger said before Richards began the opening riff to “Jumpin' Jack Flash,” instantly trumping the thousands of bar band versions attempted in the 55 years since the song's release.

Lady Gaga, dressed in a maroon sequined pantsuit, appeared to recreate her duet — duel, really — with Jagger on the new “Sweet Sounds of Heaven.”

“New York, the Rolling Stones!” she said before leaving, after exchanging kisses with Jagger and Richards.

This time, the bar band was the Rolling Stones.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home