Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Hackney Diamonds delayed delivery
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 25, 2023 16:24

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
So my black vinyl was omitted on accident and will be shipped later this week - along with the Flintstones print - with my fuschia copy. Phew!

Phew indeed.

One has to wonder how many delayed orders are keeping this from hitting number one this week.

I couldn't find any copy in any version in stores, and I haven't even had one of my plethora of copies shipped yet. It's pathetic and the reason why Blink will be number one this week.

Does it go by shipped status or purchased status?

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 25, 2023 16:33

in the Netherlands the new album is not in the charts yet, but looking forward to see the charts next week smiling smiley [dutchcharts.nl]

I could find physical copies at two record shops in the Netherlands btw (the purple one and the black one).

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 25, 2023 17:35

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
So my black vinyl was omitted on accident and will be shipped later this week - along with the Flintstones print - with my fuschia copy. Phew!

Phew indeed.

One has to wonder how many delayed orders are keeping this from hitting number one this week.

I couldn't find any copy in any version in stores, and I haven't even had one of my plethora of copies shipped yet. It's pathetic and the reason why Blink will be number one this week.

shipped

Date: October 25, 2023 19:34

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Phew indeed.

shipped

Oh crap. That is really going to suck then! Given how few shipped to actual stores vs. other countries, they may not get a #1 here!! I thought it was purchased. Feel bad as I really didn't contribute much to the US charts. Do the US Stones' store exclusive items (MLB, etc) count in the US chart tallies? Does anyone know? I would imagine so.

Date: October 25, 2023 20:02

Well, I finally got my first copy of HD delivered just a few minutes ago!! Amazon green vinyl. I see that it was made in the Czech Republic, despite being a US-exclusive. Rather interesting.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 25, 2023 21:25

My blue vinyl was supposed to arrive Thursday but now it says Friday. My Braves MLB vinyl is supposed to arrive Thursday. I pre-ordered both.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 25, 2023 22:09

The digipack CD I ordered from the RS website has a "Made in Germany" sticker on it. Maybe that's why it took so long to get here winking smiley This is a real international affair grinning smiley

Date: October 25, 2023 23:10

Seems there's some continental drift going on!!!

Date: October 26, 2023 05:13

VoodooLounge13
Seems there's some continental drift going on!!!

Well in that case, love may come at the speed of light, but vinyl certainly doesn't!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 26, 2023 05:22

My Blue from Rolling Stones Store in Australia just arrived. Explicit sticker on shrink wrap.

I already have the Amazon Green. No explicit labeling.

And Normal Black Vinyl with Explicit PRINTED on the cover.

So I have the 3 different covers.

Apart from the Paul Smith - still waiting on shipping.

And not interested in baseball or picture disc versions of vinyl (not that I could get baseball ones in Australia!)

The way I figure it, HAD THE STONES released music every 4 years or so in past 2 decades I would have spent the same money as I HAVE on different versions of Hackney Diamonds!

Rod

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: October 26, 2023 15:58

Just received the "carnaby" from official site and the "Zoetrope" version.

Date: October 26, 2023 16:09

Last evening I received my copies of the Angry 7", 10", and the Hackney Diamonds poster from UDiscover. The poster was the same as the lenticular one, in terms of shipping - no caps on the ends of the tube, and one end was encased in the plastic packaging that held the record box and most of the tube together, but the other end was open and exposed. Needless to say, that edge of the poster was severely damaged, and then the tube was collapsed in the middle as well. Frankly, I'm shocked the poster was even still in the tube, if that's how it shipped from across the pond. I've reached out to find out how to get a replacement.

Based on this, I decided to wrestle my lenticular poster out of its tube to make sure it was fine, which it is. It's big - 23.25 inches x 33 inches. Much bigger than the regular HD poster. I'd thought of possibly framing all 3 of them together side by side by side, but the lenticular one will be much bigger than the other 2. And I think it's even bigger than the 60th lenticular. I couldn't get it to fully changed over the shattered tongue from the album cover, but that is the intent. It's a really nice piece. Glad I have it!!

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: October 26, 2023 16:11

Yesterday my carnaby arrived to Poland.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 26, 2023 16:41

Amazon delivery came late and I just got the basic black and not the green. Preorders on Amazon just don't work, I've tried many times.

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: October 26, 2023 16:43

I was lucky. I was told that I would receive it on October 20, but got it on October 23. I do have Prime Video and also Kindle Unlimited, so maybe they gave me top priority. I live in West Virginia.

Date: October 26, 2023 17:15

Just got notification that my clear vinyl has shipped and should be delivered on 10/30.

Date: October 26, 2023 17:22

I have a few orders...only received a copy of the 10" Angry, which is a good indicator for the mood I'm in.

Every day I check the Rolling Stones online store(s) I get the expected shipping date punted ahead by a day, so now the consensus is that these various items will 'ship' Oct 29th. I presume that's when 'the label' is created. Who knows when they'll actually arrive.

As far as Amazon is concerned, they have no idea when the item will be available. I ordered the green vinyl Sep 6.

The album won't even be on the charts anymore by the time I get a copy!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 26, 2023 17:23

Took down my earlier slightly negative posts (hey i try and remind myself this is just a fan site and we’re only talking record albums not world destruction)..

Anyway, good news, even tho latest email says “will ship on the 28th” my albums and CD actually arrived yesterday! so maybe don’t go off shipping notices?

I now have three copies, my Walmart, Stones site eyeball cover, and Amazon, and all three say Czech Republic.. Interested to hear difference with a Japanese press but my stereo/speakers are straight thrift shop lol

Oh ya, CD was good purchase has pics and lyrics, not sure why the album doesn’t but it don’t smiling smiley

Date: October 26, 2023 17:55

snoopy2
Took down my earlier slightly negative posts (hey i try and remind myself this is just a fan site and we’re only talking record albums not world destruction)..

Anyway, good news, even tho latest email says “will ship on the 28th” my albums and CD actually arrived yesterday! so maybe don’t go off shipping notices?

I now have three copies, my Walmart, Stones site eyeball cover, and Amazon, and all three say Czech Republic.. Interested to hear difference with a Japanese press but my stereo/speakers are straight thrift shop lol

Oh ya, CD was good purchase has pics and lyrics, not sure why the album doesn’t but it don’t smiling smiley

Good for you...happy you had a positive outcome.

My post will remain decidedly negative until I get at least one copy of the album. They aren't even available in stores around where I live. Insane...this is the freakin' stones!

Date: October 26, 2023 18:08

treaclefingers
snoopy2

My post will remain decidedly negative until I get at least one copy of the album. They aren't even available in stores around where I live. Insane...this is the freakin' stones!

I'd have to drive an hour down to Albany if I wanted to get a copy at Barnes & Noble.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 26, 2023 18:32

treaclefingers
snoopy2

I hear ya loud and clear, I just decided I was repeating myself too much, I’m sure I still have a negative post out there somewhere

As side note my local record shop decided to now order a copy (one copy) but jacked price up.. I don’t think a lot of people thought this was gonna be anything, can’t even get the local radio station to play anything off it as a request

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 26, 2023 23:15

snoopy2

The Japanese Black Vinyl UIJY-75239 is imported Vinyl only (non Japan-made) - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [www.jpc.de] .

Date: October 27, 2023 06:18

VoodooLounge13
Just got notification that my clear vinyl has shipped and should be delivered on 10/30.

So earlier today I received the above notification, and then around 7pm EST I receive notification that it’s been delivered!!!! And being thoroughly confused I went to check the front door, but nothing was there. Mail is sporadic at best where I live, and I’d checked at 5:30 and saw there was no delivery today (given that I just moved here 5 months ago I’m still able to see what my mail for the day is online ahead of delivery, so I knew what was scheduled to have come today). But I decided to walk out and check my mailbox again anyway and as I got closer to my front gate, I could see that there was indeed a package tucked inside my front gate!!!! The same way they’d left my lenticular print!!! Thank God I saw the notification and went to check!!! Can only imagine what kinda shape the vinyl woulda been in having sat out all night in the open air!!!!

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 27, 2023 14:48

Maybe I am just lucky this time, but I didn't buy from the official Store (never buy records from them if you wanna get it on release date).

I got almost everything right now and without any scratches or other problems.

I received between last Friday and today:

From Amazon uk the green vinyl (got it yesterday)
From Jpc I think the clear vinyl, or was it the purple one? Last Friday
From cdJapan all three different SHM cd versions incl. the box (today) and three posters, which I didn't expect at all.
From Platenzaak.nl the black and blue vinyl versions, the regular picture disc (last Friday) and all the single versions, also the Barcelona T-shirt, which I ordered last Friday and got it already the next day.
From Velvetmusic the purple, or clear vinyl? I'm not sure, but I have both. Also last Friday.

I also received today the Zoetrope version.

The only ones I didn't receive yet are the ones from Ebay or cdJapan, which I ordered just this week, so that is not realy possible to already receive them:
The Barcelona picture disc, the red Carnaby vinyl, the angry and Sounds of Heaven SHM versions.

Edit: Got the Carnaby vinyl this morning. That's fast bought it this week from someone living in France on Ebay.

But... it was delivered by DPD. Awfull delivery:
I was all the way upstairs and heard the bell ring. I then quickly ran down the stairs, but saw no one waiting at the door anymore. I then just opened the door to quickly stop him, or her, to still receive my package from the delivery person. What do you think? It was simply placed against the door, without checking whether anyone was home at all. What would have been happened if I was away and only came home hours later?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-28 14:36 by GJV.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: November 6, 2023 22:52

Here's your chance for immortality in the Stones annals . . . The Wall Street Journal's music reporter is hoping* to do a story in the next few days about the lack of HD product on shelves at Target, Walmart and even specialty music retailers like Amoeba. Global experiences also sought.

Tales of Amazon and online delays also welcome.

You can share your "white whale" stories by emailing her here - anne.steele@wsj.com

(* subject to her editors' approval)

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 6, 2023 22:58

Feeling lucky. I've had my blue HD vinyl (to play) and Braves MLB vinyl (to collect) for a while now.

At my local WalMart today, I only saw one HD vinyl and it was buried.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-06 22:59 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 6, 2023 23:53

Just got my Zoetrope LP in Portugal today.

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: November 7, 2023 01:22

I just gave up and cancelled my Cd order with Amazon.ca four days ago. Then I put in a new order. That seemed to get things moving and the CD arrived yesterday. The old “unplug and then plug it back in” trick.

Date: November 7, 2023 04:15

Still waiting on the blue vinyl and German exclusive Litho from Bravado, along with Picture disc, SSOH 10", SSOH CD. Need boxset from Groovesland, and still trying to get my Fuschia from Platomania, who just can't seem to get an order right!!! Also awaiting the Angry SHM CD Single and SSOH with bonus track CD Single (which isn't being released til later this month it seems) from CDJapan - this order I have shipping all at once, once everything becomes available, so I've a bit of wait. Also ordered the Springsteen Singles Collection exclusive to Japan, 2Blu-Spec CDs and 2DVDs full of videos! Can't wait for that!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-07 15:22 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 7, 2023 04:26

I've gotten all my music, but still waiting on two tee shirts. Still preparing delivery, I guess.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2238
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home