Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Hackney Diamonds delayed delivery
Posted by: BFR ()
Date: October 19, 2023 18:57

I received an email from Universal this morning saying my item is on the way but when I checked the UPS tracking number, it only says that a label has been created, it's not actually on the way yet.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: October 20, 2023 22:06

Amazon US has just sent a message stating my HD CD is delayed from OCT 21 to OCT 28. Again, I wonder if demand has been underestimated when they started building inventory.

HBK

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:15

So far, so bad. Here in U.S. went to Walmart, Target, and Best Buy one after the other. Best Buy no longer sells CDs, and only has a tiny DVD section. Walmart has a tiny CD section, and Target has one short row of CDs and Vinyl. None of them had Hackney Diamonds in any format, but Target sure had a buttload of Taylor Swift CDs and vinyl. Neither Walmart nor Target had a specific section for new releases. It looks like I'll be forced to download it (assuming it's there) if I want to hear it this Saturday night as I had planned.

Either the group handling distribution screwed up the release date, or nobody cares anymore.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:22

24FPS-I got up early today to do some online checking before work. Only Barnes and Noble had it where I live. I did a buy now and pick up in store purchase. Not sure how many they got in, but Barnes and Noble was the only box store I found that had it

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:28

Hey 24FPS any other Walmarts you could drive to tomorrow for your Saturday listen? FYI I tried a couple Walmarts and found one when it opened at 6am today that had "1" copy on vinyl so snagged that.. Best of luck

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 21, 2023 04:19

snoopy2
Hey 24FPS any other Walmarts you could drive to tomorrow for your Saturday listen? FYI I tried a couple Walmarts and found one when it opened at 6am today that had "1" copy on vinyl so snagged that.. Best of luck

Thanks. I really wanted it for this Saturday night, and downloaded it for $8.70 USD. That way I get to hear it, and my local library will have it soon enough if I want to compare the sound, and see if there's an insert. It really slapped me in the face how much has changed since their last album in 2005. Physical product, meaning CDs, is fading away. And stupid me, I still like that physical product in my hand. Like to read the booklet and look at the pictures if there are any. Streaming is okay for singles. I haven't bought a Stones new recording on the day of release maybe since the 80s. This had that urgency to it that's been missing for so long.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 21, 2023 04:35

Although you said it’s not just a week one record, what ambitions do you have for the opening result, particularly with the vinyl?

“We’ve made sure that we've got a really good suite of products. Each key retailer has got their own exclusive, be it Amazon, HMV, indies, e-commerce, they all have exclusive products. I'm very intrigued to see how CDs sell on this record. Whatever people say about the CD market going into decline, the Stones audience always buck that trend. Yes, vinyl is going to do well on this record, but the CD is going to do very well. So we needed to make sure that we had good products for both vinyl and CD.”

FULL article ......... very intersting---------->>>>> [www.musicweek.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 21, 2023 20:13

My black vinyl copy arrived yesterday. Flat on TT and the vinyl plays dead quiet. Really good sound quality imo too. I have a green vinyl copy that has not arrived yet here in the Chicago area.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 23, 2023 21:01

Well, I just received an email from Amazon that my copy of the green vinyl HD has been delayed and they'll let me know when they get a new estimated delivery date. And I got a delivery today from DHL. Thought it was going to be the first of my many copies to come, but it was the Paradiso vinyl LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-23 23:50 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: amg077 ()
Date: October 23, 2023 21:09

In Mexico it is easier and cheaper to buy the cd on physical stores than online

Date: October 23, 2023 21:42

I had a tough time finding the CD. I went to 2 local record shops and both were sold out in the first hour they told me.

So I went to Target they didn't have the album or CD.

Finally found the CD at Best Buy but it was the last one they had. They told me the album sold out but they only had a few.

I agree with the earlier post. They must have underestimated the demand.

The Japanese album I ordered was supposed to arrive the first week of November but this morning I got an email that says it was delayed with no date.

It's unbelievable. 4 shops to find a new album/ cd is not like it used to be.

Date: October 23, 2023 21:55

I received my Japanese copy today from CDJapan. Unfortunately, I had it delivered to my folks house instead of mine! LOL Oh well. The KidSuper CD is en route, and hopefully here soon.

But overall, yes, I think they greatly underestimated the demand for this album.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 23, 2023 22:02

Labels created (blue vinyl and Braves MLB vinyl) but still waiting on items, according to my email shipping updates...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-23 22:45 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: October 23, 2023 22:41

-KidSuper CD & Cassette shipping 10/26.
-I have something coming this Friday from NL Post - from England. Not really sure what that is. Sender is Concerto BV (Bravado maybe? Thought that was Germany?). Maybe this is the Blood Records one?
-Both MLB albums - labels created.
-Paul Smith - label created.
-Barcelona Pic Disc - label created.
-Angry 7", 10", & regular HD print - shipped, on way via FedEx.
-Fuschia via Plantamania - didn't get enough copies, shipping delayed. ETA this week sometime for more copies.
-Lenticular print - scheduled to be delivered tomorrow 10/24.
-HD Picture Disc, SSOH 10", SSOH CD, and Blue Vinyl/German Lenticular - dispatched, has arrived Stateside.
-Carnaby Red - Shipped on 10/23.
-Amazon Green - Delayed. TBD
-Clear Vinyl - label created.
-black Vinyl - accidentally omitted with incorrectly shipped L'Olympia album sent from Patomania and being dispatched with Paradiso and Fuschia copy on 10/25.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-25 20:00 by VoodooLounge13.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2023 22:56

VoodooLounge13
-I have something coming this Friday from NL Post - from England. Not really sure what that is. Sender is Concerto BV (Bravado maybe? Thought that was Germany?). Maybe this is the Blood Records one?
-Angry 7", 10", & regular Lenticular - shipped, on way via FedEx.
-Fuschia via Plantamania - didn't get enough copies, shipping delayed. ETA this week sometime for more copies.
-HD Picture Disc, SSOH 10", SSOH CD, and Blue Vinyl/German Lenticular - dispatched, has arrived Stateside.

Lemme get this straight...out of all the imaginable variations available that you ordered, you didn't get the black vinyl? COME ON!

Take one more for the team! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: October 23, 2023 23:34

My Amazon green Japanese pressing was delayed as well.

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Lemme get this straight...out of all the imaginable variations available that you ordered, you didn't get the black vinyl? COME ON!

Date: October 23, 2023 23:45

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO No! I got that one too, from Plantomania as well I believe. With the Flintstones print. I don't have a shipping confirmation for that one, though!!! Let me go look for that now!! Great catch! LOL The only one I'm missing is the Blu-ray boxset.

Date: October 23, 2023 23:50

So it actually should have come today with the Paradiso album!!! I placed the order at the same time. That is most weird!!!

Date: October 23, 2023 23:55

I reached out to them to find out what the story is. I just hope I still get the Flintstones print, as that was the whole reason why I ordered the darn thing from them in the first place!!!

Date: October 24, 2023 00:05

Just got an email from Amazon - the green has shipped and is expected to arrive on 10/25.

Posted by: jasona93 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 03:14

This CD has become a white whale. I was traveling this weekend so couldn’t go to my local spots. Big box retail, forget it. Had the Amazon late November experience as well. Finally got to a local shop today. They said there was a line at the door before the store opened and their 15 copies on CD gone immediately and now on backorder. I can’t even be mad, in 2023 The Rolling Stones are causing people to line up at record shops like they did for concert tickets back in the day.

Went home and ordered again on Amazon, should be here in 2 days, and waiting for this hologram vinyl from Blood Records in the UK to arrive. I’ve heard 3 songs so far on my Pandora station (review: holy &$€% they sound good!) but I’m holding off to hear the complete thing on a physical copy with my undivided attention. It’s killing me, but I’m doing it anyways.

Date: October 24, 2023 17:17

So my black vinyl was omitted on accident and will be shipped later this week - along with the Flintstones print - with my fuschia copy. Phew!

Didn't get CDs or albums
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 21, 2023 01:47

Thanks.....

angry smiley

Re: Didn't get CDs or albums
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 21, 2023 02:06

You can listen to the album for free on [www.YouTube.com] or [open.Spotify.com] until you receive your CDs or LPs.

Maybe it's better to support your local record store than Jeff Bezos.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 21, 2023 03:11

Irix
You can listen to the album for free on [www.YouTube.com] or [open.Spotify.com] until you receive your CDs or LPs.

Maybe it's better to support your local record store than Jeff Bezos.

except the local record stores didn't get them either...grrr!

BUT, I actually did what you suggested so that's softened the blow...I have Christmas coming for the next 2 weeks with various scheduled deliveries.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: October 21, 2023 03:56

The few places around me that actually still cd’s are sold out of Hackney Diamonds…They are also sold out of vinyl editions as well.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 21, 2023 14:45

My local record store says Monday

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 21, 2023 16:50

Elmo Lewis

My local record store says Monday

thumbs up Wish you that you can then listen to the album in the proper way.

Posted by: rockdoc8885 ()
Date: October 21, 2023 18:07

Amazon is awful.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: October 22, 2023 02:12

I do not know why you are having problems getting this release. This is how FNAC looks in Portugal.

Not all shops are like that. I mean - not all shops have such a display. But still, I visited 3 FNACs in the area and all were full with different versions of HD on the shelves. Jewel case CD, digipak CD, CD+Bluray box, back vinyl, purple vinyl.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-22 13:01 by ironbelly.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2423
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home