Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What’s wrong with the Stones-fans here?
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 4, 2005 21:58

If anyone would come to this board by mistake they can’t believe this is a fan site. Most of the posters seem to hate the Rolling Stones more than anything else.
Wrong songs played, horrible guitar playing, too high ticket prices, boycott the shows… you can go on and go on.
The were some weeks when the new album was released the Stones was a good band. Now we’re back again.
Just one category seems to be satisfied. Those that’ve been to the shows.
Is it the same at other boards? Rocks Off? Shidobee?
Is it the same at other bands’ fan sites? U2’s? Springsteen’s? Dylan’s? Neil Young’s?

Re: What’s wrong with the Stones-fans here?
Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:05

There is alot going wrong in Stonesland. All the things you mentioned: Boring setlists, ridicolous ticket prices etc. If somebody accepts all these things, then he/she is not a fan but an idiot. Only because I love the band and their music doesn't mean to accept everything they do.

Re: the Stones fans here
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:05

hey - there ain't nothin wrong with me! :E

i think shidoobeans and rs.commers (who seem to be mainly North Americans) went through this same thing when their ticket sales were going on.
the price shock plus the nerve-wracking ticket-buying process doesn't bring out the best in everybody; now it's the Europeans' turn,
and we've also got the wintertime sunlight-deprivation to handle at the same time.
my remedy is to keep the music turned up way loud. have some popcorn. :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:07

Thommie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If anyone would come to this board by mistake they
> can’t believe this is a fan site. Most of the
> posters seem to hate the Rolling Stones more than
> anything else.

That´s crap. You can criticize what you love.

> Wrong songs played,

Well, not the wrong songs. but the whole new record should
be played live (keith said. "It´ßs time to get it on the
road and take the diapers off!") Haha...

> high ticket prices

Well, they a r e high!

> The were some weeks when the new album was
> released the Stones was a good band.

They still are and will be forever. The best!

> Is it the same at other boards? Rocks Off?
> Shidobee?

maybe it´s beacause this is a European board and
Europeans have the right to complain about European
ticket prices, haven´t they?

> Is it the same at other bands’ fan sites? U2’s?
> Springsteen’s? Dylan’s? Neil Young’s?

Hmmm, maybe it´s because they don´t charge that much and vary their setlist a bit more??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-04 22:08 by TooTough.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:09

Aucoin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There is alot going wrong in Stonesland. All the
> things you mentioned: Boring setlists, ridicolous
> ticket prices etc. If somebody accepts all these
> things, then he/she is not a fan but an idiot.
> Only because I love the band and their music
> doesn't mean to accept everything they do.

AMEN.

Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:12

If you want a non-critical board where everybody loves everything only because the name "Rolling Stones" is written all over, you should check out www.mickjagger.com That site is a complete joke. A home for housewifes who love to talk about the color of Mick's shirts. Each and every Stones song or album is fantastic and of course every show is just brilliant. No complaints.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-04 22:14 by Aucoin.

Posted by: Leonard Keringer ()
Date: December 5, 2005 01:45

nothin wrong with the stones fanatics...they have high standards set by the Stones is all

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 5, 2005 03:01

i can criticize my wife and still love her. same theory here.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: December 5, 2005 03:27

When you are deeply in love you feel like you can say anything you like...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 5, 2005 03:54

Diagnosis- "Set List Constipation."

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: December 5, 2005 06:00

Why criticize the Stones?

Because we want them to live up to our expectations as the greatest in the world.
We demand the best, and rightfully criticize them when they fall below the standards.

They are professionals...they can handle the criticism.

Have seen 5 shows this tour...they are on FIRE!!!

Posted by: cirrhosis ()
Date: December 5, 2005 06:51

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-12-23 00:55 by cirrhosis.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 5, 2005 09:30

Hairball wrote :
------------------

"Why criticize the Stones?

Because we want them to live up to our expectations as the greatest in the world.
We demand the best, and rightfully criticize them when they fall below the standards.

They are professionals...they can handle the criticism.

Have seen 5 shows this tour...they are on FIRE!!! "

I agree to your constructive criticism. We always want the best from them. Maybe we are a little bit anxious about the new european tour : will the Stones be at the high level they have conscenciously put themselves in. Selling out Stadiums like in the vintage years with a tough competition and journalists scrutinizing them:" Will the old Stones, 245 years old altogether,be able to do it ? ". They are apparently adverse signs up to now : good news from Wembley and Brussels, sad from Holland.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 5, 2005 09:33

After seeing early setlists, I was ready to dump all over the Stones until I saw them in DC in early October. I then spent the extra money and upgraded all of my remaining shows. They are still the best, hands down, no exceptions.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 5, 2005 10:18

Im gotta go,anyway although I think,it should be a little cheaper,will sell my black sabath or even my own boots just to see them!!Fans that love everything, are boring,fans who love almost everything,are not!!I honetly tell you,i think-feel this is the greatest stones side!!just look, for excample to soulls sister post an you see what i mean. BV has a good joint right here, and i love it, one other + is that this side reminds me ,the song ""tell me 78 version""hell!!!now that nice.

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: December 5, 2005 12:53

Each board has it's own character and this is where all the negative people hang. If you like to pick your nose and sit around complaining that life isn't treating you fairly you will enjoy this place because it has so many like minded people.

The board is for people who see the glass of beer half empty, not half full, that's for sure. Very depressing.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 5, 2005 13:33

Ok. I don’t want a “non-critical board” either. I myself am sometimes very critical to some phenomenom, which I even say at IORR. Constructive criticism is not just ok, it’s good. And if we are critical to Stones-related things it’s better to say it here than another place.

But when everything is shit, it makes you wonder.
But being anonymous at the net makes some people scream very high. All posts is visible here, and if you want to hang around at a board you are kind of forced to read them.
So people that doesn’t get any or little attention in “real life” has a chance to get heard here.

I don’t want to be insolent but for some people all things seem to be black or white.

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: December 5, 2005 13:57

I totally agree with Thommie. Critique is welcome but this constant whining makes me sick. Everything seems to be bad: warhorses are crap, Mick Jagger's behaviour is crap, Ronnie is crap, song selection is crap, videos are crap, musicians with the Stone are crap and so on. What do you people like at all?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: December 5, 2005 14:14

Totally agree

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home