Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

and after Cardiff....UK Club/Theatre Show(s) ?
Posted by: pledge ()
Date: December 4, 2005 18:12

What is the consensus of opinion out there ?

i personally doubt whether we'll have another Astoria sized show, but will we have a Theatre sized venue like Shepherds Bush, The Forum, or even Brixton Acadamey ?

There seems little room for manouvre between already confirmed UK shows, but after Cardiff ?

Let me know what you guys think.

Sean

P.S. Is it me, or is A Bigger Bang a bloody good album ? I think it is !

God bless The Rolling Stones, God Bless TheBloody Lot Of Us !

Re: and after Cardiff....UK Club/Theatre Show(s) ?
Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: December 4, 2005 18:42

How about after the tour, one small venue (preferably in NYC, so I can go) and make that the pay per view for this go round.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:30

Yes, that is a good point : is Cardiff the final BB show ? Or is there something after in US ?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2005 19:54

Personal opinion

theatre shows? - No

A few arena shows - doubtful. I dont think there'll be the demand for them as theyre already potentially playing to 100,000 more people in the UK than last time, plus theyre obviously not interested in playing shows in a 10,000 seater arena when they can do the same show in a stadium 4 times bigger

I think there will be a few shows after Cardiff because there are always shows which get rescheduled or added.

However, I dont think they'll play anywhere in 2006 after Europe. The European tour will have run for three months by then and with the gaps between the other legs of the tour in 2006 having been less than they normally are, they'll take the rest of the year off.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 4, 2005 20:32

tend to agree with you, Gazza....in the past they've put these smaller gigs within the "context" of the existing schedule...and it appears that there are no gaps that permit shows without violating the "no back-to-back dates" policy. Now, if such a violation were to occur, I would say that Astoria on August 24 would work very nicely!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 4, 2005 21:23

pledge Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is the consensus of opinion out there ?
>
> i personally doubt whether we'll have another
> Astoria sized show, but will we have a Theatre
> sized venue like Shepherds Bush, The Forum, or
> even Brixton Acadamey ?
>
> There seems little room for manouvre between
> already confirmed UK shows, but after Cardiff ?
>
> Let me know what you guys think.
>
> Sean
>
> P.S. Is it me, or is A Bigger Bang a bloody good
> album ? I think it is !
>
> God bless The Rolling Stones, God Bless TheBloody
> Lot Of Us !

I just think that the end of August leaves an entirely vacant September, or at least a good portion of September, and that if you were to think like an optimist you could convince yourself (and hopefully THEM as well) that there's ample time to slot in an arena/club show somewhere/sometime - for those loving, loyal, long suffering and thoroughly deserving European fans !!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 5, 2005 11:59

looking at the way Amex seem to have a stranglehold on ticketsales in the U.K, it wouldn't suprise me, if they had their own exclusive clubshow for their cardholders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home