Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 28, 2023 18:40

treaclefingers

lol...huh?

In the above YT-video (Clip 1, Pos. 0:28) the camera is held firmly at one point to show the animation. Instead of the camera, hold the eye over a fixed point.

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: October 29, 2023 18:34

VoodooLounge13
Indie clear vinyl arrived today!! 2/17

voodooLounge- do you have any pressingissue with the clear ? Mine has ..Dreamy Skies A6 stops/cuts before the song is over..

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 30, 2023 00:21

andreas
VoodooLounge13

voodooLounge- do you have any pressingissue with the clear ? Mine has ..Dreamy Skies A6 stops/cuts before the song is over..

andreas - I haven't opened it, so I don't know, and I don't have a record player to play it anyway. I got them all really more to collect than play. May play the Zoetrope one day, and would have loved to have spun that Paul Smith one that I'm kicking myself for not buying 2 copies of!!! First time ever for that one! LOL Sorry I can't help, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to!

Posted by: exilestones ()
Date: October 30, 2023 11:47

deardoctortake1
I hear an extra guitar riff early in the baseball team audio commercial not heard on the single. Could there be an extended version or album version?

I'd love to hear the commercial with the extra riff.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 30, 2023 12:07

andreas
VoodooLounge13

I have the clear vinyl and Dreamy Skies plays through to the end. Just a thought...is your needle making its way past the end of Dreamy Skies or is it lifing and this is what causes the track to end? I had a turntable once that wasn't calibrated properly and the tone arm would lift before longer sides were over.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 12:23

On budget decks with poorly adjusted auto lift this could be quite a common issue with this album as it's quite long for single LP. As a consequence, the tracks continue closer to the disc centre .

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 30, 2023 12:28

Spud
On budget decks with poorly adjusted auto lift this could be quite a common issue with this album as it's quite long for single LP. As a consequence, the tracks continue closer to the disc centre .

Even on decent decks, this can be an issue. Mine was a Denon Dp-1200.

Posted by: andreas ()
Date: October 30, 2023 13:41

Thanks smiling smiley I see your point there, i ve checked on other TTs as well and its the same . The other lp versions i have doesnt have that issue..
Anyways, I am surprised that the quality on the pressings are great allaround :-) almost no clics, pops or warps on my stuff, except for this clear lp issue .. great sounding stuff!
The Paul Smith edition is the quietest one so far , almost no surface noize
Fantastick album !!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 30, 2023 14:05

My standard black copy is just a little bit warped ...which these days I class as a result.

Surfaces are nice & quiet too , and ...most importantly... the album isn't cut too loud and "in yer face" .

Date: October 30, 2023 14:20

Spud

could be quite a common issue with this album as it's quite long for single LP

Overall album runtime is 48m:23s. Side A is ~24m:06s and Side B is ~24m:17s. Most 'normal' LPs have a runtime of ~22 mins per side.

There were also CDs with a runtime of up to 89 mins which can cause issues on older CD-Players (specified normal runtime is 74 mins).

Date: October 31, 2023 00:11

Got my Carnaby Red today.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 31, 2023 00:19

VoodooLounge13
Got my Carnaby Red today.

LOL. I still haven't had anything ship yet.

Date: October 31, 2023 02:32

Damn treaclefingers, that is horrible!!!! Hope they all arrive at once for you!!!! I'm still missing a few more!!! And still no response from UDiscover on my damaged cover poster!

Date: October 31, 2023 03:18

VoodooLounge13
Damn treaclefingers, that is horrible!!!! Hope they all arrive at once for you!!!! I'm still missing a few more!!! And still no response from UDiscover on my damaged cover poster!

Ha! As luck would have it the zoetropes arrived today! First items from the furthest distance. Did you get the Ronnie Wood NYC Racket setlist?

Date: October 31, 2023 15:49

treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

Ha! As luck would have it the zoetropes arrived today! First items from the furthest distance. Did you get the Ronnie Wood NYC Racket setlist?

I did not. The only one I have is from my Nashville '21 show with my sons. Don't think I'd go out of my way to collect something from a show not attended. There were some cool posters from the Euro shows last summer - thinking of the 3rd party variant of one of the Italy shows (Milan perhaps?) specifically, but I still couldn't pull the trigger. Did you?

I'm still waiting on Fuschia, Black, Blue w/ German exclusive poster, Boxset, Picture Disc, SSOH 10", SSOH Japanese single, and my unintended regular SSOH CD single that I had thought I'd deleted prior to placing the order! In all likelihood not getting the Target one, as it seems to be the same as the Fuschia. On the fence about the digipak CD. Like the idea of the lyrics/booklet, but have to believe the Japanese jewel case with LIAGT will have the lyrics too and all the missing pages of pix? Lyrics at a minimum for sure, as they usually do.

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: October 31, 2023 16:06

I can't recall a Stones album where one side was so clearly better than the other. Side A is superb, side B is just okay, IMHO.

And, the centerfold is a waste of space. Why not lyrics and/or pics of Charlie and the guest artists, anything. . .

Date: October 31, 2023 16:12

VoodooLounge13
treaclefingers
VoodooLounge13

I did not. The only one I have is from my Nashville '21 show with my sons. Don't think I'd go out of my way to collect something from a show not attended. There were some cool posters from the Euro shows last summer - thinking of the 3rd party variant of one of the Italy shows (Milan perhaps?) specifically, but I still couldn't pull the trigger. Did you?

I'm still waiting on Fuschia, Black, Blue w/ German exclusive poster, Boxset, Picture Disc, SSOH 10", SSOH Japanese single, and my unintended regular SSOH CD single that I had thought I'd deleted prior to placing the order! In all likelihood not getting the Target one, as it seems to be the same as the Fuschia. On the fence about the digipak CD. Like the idea of the lyrics/booklet, but have to believe the Japanese jewel case with LIAGT will have the lyrics too and all the missing pages of pix? Lyrics at a minimum for sure, as they usually do.

I haven't tried collecting much in the way of 'wall art' since at least the 80s. Let It Bleed superdeluxe came with some nice prints. This setlist seemed iconic so I pulled the trigger.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 31, 2023 21:59

Still no Zoetrope record here in the Netherlands. Did you have to pay import duties for them?

Date: October 31, 2023 22:44

Anyone knows how limited the Japanese vinyl [www.discogs.com]
exactly is?

Date: October 31, 2023 23:01

I am interested in buying a Barcelona picture disc, but The Rolling Stones shop in UK does not ship this item to the Netherlands. Are there any UK members willing to buy one for me at The Rolling Stones shop: [therollingstonesshop.co.uk] (of course I pay in advance)? If so, please send me a message.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-31 23:05 by jackflash27.

Date: October 31, 2023 23:04

jackflash27
exactly is?

If this was the clear vinyl with the OBI (I don't know of any other, but there may be), this was limited to 500 - small number I've seen of any of the releases.

Date: October 31, 2023 23:05

jackflash27

Anyone knows how limited the Japanese vinyl [www.discogs.com] exactly is?

Note that the Vinyl is non-Japan made - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [www.jpc.de] .

Date: October 31, 2023 23:09

treaclefingers
jackflash27
exactly is?

If this was the clear vinyl with the OBI (I don't know of any other, but there may be), this was limited to 500 - small number I've seen of any of the releases.

You are talking about the Assai release I think. That is not a true Japanese release. Assai just buys a bunch of regular clear vinyl copies, removes the shrink, wrap an obi around it and pack it in new clear resealable outer sleeves.
The version that I mean is the one in the Discogs link. It's another one and as I understand, also limited.

Date: October 31, 2023 23:11

Irix
jackflash27

Anyone knows how limited the Japanese vinyl [www.discogs.com] exactly is?

Note that the Vinyl is non-Japan made - [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , [Tower.jp] , [www.jpc.de] .

Yes, I read this. They imported the vinyl and package it with their own obi and info sheet (in Japanese). This release does have a unique barcode (contrary to the Assai Obi release).

Date: November 1, 2023 02:07

jackflash27
I am interested in buying a Barcelona picture disc, but The Rolling Stones shop in UK does not ship this item to the Netherlands. Are there any UK members willing to buy one for me at The Rolling Stones shop: [therollingstonesshop.co.uk] (of course I pay in advance)? If so, please send me a message.

Did you try ordering it from the US shop?

Date: November 1, 2023 04:52

VoodooLounge13
jackflash27

Yes, does not work either, only for US residents. So if anyone from the US is willing to help out, would be great. Just send me a mail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-01 10:07 by jackflash27.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: November 1, 2023 13:04

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
jackflash27

Yes, does not work either, only for US residents. So if anyone from the US is willing to help out, would be great. Just send me a mail.

I know the problem. Until about a year ago you could just buy everything from the U.S. and U.K. shops, but now this is somehow no longer possible and at most you are redirected to the Dutch Platenzaak.nl site and there the picture disc is sold out. I just bought the disc on Ebay for too much money, but you have to do something to get it, right?

Posted by: alreadyoverme ()
Date: November 1, 2023 14:38

jackflash27
Still no Zoetrope record here in the Netherlands. Did you have to pay import duties for them?

I received mine in Spain last Monday and surprisingly NO import duties at all!

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2023 15:21

I know that the HD Paul Smith cover is sold out at the online store, but I was wondering if there is the possibility of finding them in the physical store in Carnaby.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 1, 2023 15:27

alreadyoverme
jackflash27

I received mine in Spain last Monday and surprisingly NO import duties at all!
I received Zoetrope and no import duties in Italy
But I had to pay for HD Carnaby Red, shipped with DHL

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 12 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1786
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home