Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 24, 2023 18:10

snarf2014

They are selling the Carnaby red vinyl. There is no special FNAC red vinyl edition!

Looks like, according to the pictures - [iorr.org] . Maybe FNAC had planned their own edition, but then changed their minds (and released the Totally Stripped Paris Color-Vinyl instead).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-24 18:15 by Irix.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 18:26

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
Spud
Nellcote1971
both came with two: a black generic anti-static one and a cardboard one with the credits on it.
Both don't fit well into the cover and the black doesn't fit into the cardboard... Anybody has the same experience? What are you doing?

That's been an issue before . The 71 to 2016 boxed set suffered in the same way.

It's obviously now beyond the industry even to make sleeves to fit the records.

[This pointless fashion for thick 180g vinyl [often with rough square edges] doesn't help...and they're still always warped to buggery grinning smiley ]

What I always do (did so with this one and all albums in the Studio albums vinyl box: replace white or black inner and replace it with nagaoka inner and put this in the lyrics cardboard. And this last one goes in the outer sleeve. Always fits.

Do you keep the original sleeves somewhere else then? And if so, how do you know which goes with which album? To be a collector, one must have the complete item....

I'm talking about vinyl records where the vinyl comes in a standard black or white polylyne / paper inner. I replace these with the nagaoka polyline and put this in the included cardboard (with artwork) lyrics inner. When there is artwork inner sleeve and just a standard black or white inner, I replace this with a Mofi antistatic inner sleeve.

Yes, the paper that the vinyl rests in. I understand, but if you're replacing that, then technically, the entire LP is no longer an original, so I'm just curious if you save somewhere that original paper that comes with the album, that the vinyl is housed in?

Date: October 24, 2023 18:27

snarf2014
Irix
VoodooLounge13

Also, did we ever get definitive confirmation that the FNAC exclusive pop-up is a real thing, or a mistake?

It's still in this article from Oct. 19th by actuParis - [actu.fr] . Someone should look it up (again) in FNAC Paris, Forum des Halles. But the pictures - [iorr.org] - show only the Carnaby Red (cover with a hand below the diamond heart). You could also make your own edition by taking the alternative Amazon-cover and inserting the Carnaby Red instead.

I was at the FNAC popup store in Paris this Sunday. They are selling the Carnaby red vinyl. There is no special FNAC red vinyl edition!

Got it. Thanks for clarifying, Snarf. Big Thundercats fan are ya?! Miss that show! One of my favorites from my childhood!

Date: October 24, 2023 18:34

In the FNAC branch I visited (in Monte Carlo) they only had the black vinyl and also the purple vinyl. The store is located in the Metropole shopping centre, amongst other shops selling rather more expensive diamonds......!

Date: October 24, 2023 18:45

Manofwealthandtaste

In the FNAC branch I visited (in Monte Carlo) they only had the black vinyl and also the purple vinyl.

The Carnaby Red is only available in the pop-up stores in Paris (Forum des Halles), Lyon, Bordeaux and Paris (Ternes).

Posted by: snarf2014 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 18:50

VoodooLounge13
snarf2014
Irix
VoodooLounge13

Also, did we ever get definitive confirmation that the FNAC exclusive pop-up is a real thing, or a mistake?

It's still in this article from Oct. 19th by actuParis - [actu.fr] . Someone should look it up (again) in FNAC Paris, Forum des Halles. But the pictures - [iorr.org] - show only the Carnaby Red (cover with a hand below the diamond heart). You could also make your own edition by taking the alternative Amazon-cover and inserting the Carnaby Red instead.

I was at the FNAC popup store in Paris this Sunday. They are selling the Carnaby red vinyl. There is no special FNAC red vinyl edition!

Got it. Thanks for clarifying, Snarf. Big Thundercats fan are ya?! Miss that show! One of my favorites from my childhood!

Haha, no first time i hear about this. Snarf is my first name reversed!

Date: October 24, 2023 19:21

snarf2014
VoodooLounge13
snarf2014
Irix
VoodooLounge13

Haha, no first time i hear about this. Snarf is my first name reversed!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Very cool! Snarf was the little pet cat that the Thundercats had.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 20:23

Jalfstra
Has anyone received their Blood Records Zoetrope edition?

Last thursday I received a mail saying 'Your order is being prepared for dispatch to the followign address. Limited information on the parcel as its journey progresses will be available once the item is on it's way'

I didn't hear anything since..

Same for me too,they should be shipping soon...at least I hope so

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 20:29

VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
VoodooLounge13
jackflash27
Spud
Nellcote1971
both came with two: a black generic anti-static one and a cardboard one with the credits on it.
Both don't fit well into the cover and the black doesn't fit into the cardboard... Anybody has the same experience? What are you doing?

That's been an issue before . The 71 to 2016 boxed set suffered in the same way.

[This pointless fashion for thick 180g vinyl [often with rough square edges] doesn't help...and they're still always warped to buggery grinning smiley ]

What I always do (did so with this one and all albums in the Studio albums vinyl box: replace white or black inner and replace it with nagaoka inner and put this in the lyrics cardboard. And this last one goes in the outer sleeve. Always fits.

Do you keep the original sleeves somewhere else then? And if so, how do you know which goes with which album? To be a collector, one must have the complete item....

I'm talking about vinyl records where the vinyl comes in a standard black or white polylyne / paper inner. I replace these with the nagaoka polyline and put this in the included cardboard (with artwork) lyrics inner. When there is artwork inner sleeve and just a standard black or white inner, I replace this with a Mofi antistatic inner sleeve.

Yes, the paper that the vinyl rests in. I understand, but if you're replacing that, then technically, the entire LP is no longer an original, so I'm just curious if you save somewhere that original paper that comes with the album, that the vinyl is housed in?

Yes, I have a stack of hundreds of them. New vinyl where I remove the shrink from, all get this ‘treatment’ because I listen to these records. I have no intention of selling them. I think they’re kept in the best condition this way. And if I want them in their original state again, I could just add one of the inners from the stack. They’re practically all the same and interchangeable.

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 21:01

Irix
The Carnaby Red is only available in the pop-up stores in Paris (Forum des Halles), Lyon, Bordeaux and Paris (Ternes).

They sent me an email one hour ago telling me that my pre-order (september 20th) had been cancelled. 'The item was put online by mistake'. (they sell it in stores but can't ship it?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-24 21:01 by Massimo68.

Date: October 24, 2023 21:15

Massimo68
Irix

They sent me an email one hour ago telling me that my pre-order (september 20th) had been cancelled. 'The item was put online by mistake'. (they sell it in stores but can't ship it?)

Where did you buy online, the official RS Carnaby webshop in the UK?

Date: October 24, 2023 21:25

jackflash27

Don't confuse it - there was a special (exclusive) FNAC pop-up rouge edition on their website in September (also described in two online articles). But in reality, this pop-up edition is just the Carnaby Red.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-24 21:45 by Irix.

Date: October 24, 2023 21:30

The Carnaby Red is available online at [RSno9.co.uk] .

Date: October 24, 2023 21:34

Irix
jackflash27

Don't confuse it - there was a special FNAC pop-up rouge version on their website in September (also described in two online articles). But in reality, this pop-up version is just the Carnaby Red.

Ah.. thanks for clarifying!

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: October 24, 2023 22:19

Jalfstra

Last thursday I received a mail saying 'Your order is being prepared for dispatch to the followign address. Limited information on the parcel as its journey progresses will be available once the item is on it's way'

Got it today. I`m livng in Germany hot smiley

Date: October 25, 2023 20:20

sanQ

Are there any real limited editions besides the zoetrope at 10,000 and the Assai Records clear vinyl at 500? I would like to know the numbers on all these records.

In a German TV-report about the Munich pop-up store they said that the Carnaby Red is limited to 10,000 worldwide.

Date: October 25, 2023 21:19

Well that's not all that limited now is it? How many copies are the other non-Honk C9 editions?

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 25, 2023 21:41

Irix
sanQ

Are there any real limited editions besides the zoetrope at 10,000 and the Assai Records clear vinyl at 500? I would like to know the numbers on all these records.

In a German TV-report about the Munich pop-up store they said that the Carnaby Red is limited to 10,000 worldwide.

Hi Iris, on which channel was this report question?I was there when they were filming and interviewing fans.

Date: October 25, 2023 22:05

Stoneswolf

on which channel was this report

Bayerischer Rundfunk, 18:00 Abendschau, 20-Oct-2023 - [www.ARDmediathek.de] .

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 25, 2023 22:25

Thanks Iris!

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: October 25, 2023 23:47

satisfaction2
Jalfstra

Got it today. I`m livng in Germany hot smiley

Also received it today! In US.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 26, 2023 11:02

jackflash27
Spud
Nellcote1971

That's exactly waht I do . I;ve usaed Nagaoka antistatoc inners for 30 odd years.

But some of the boxed set cardboard inners are too tight even to comfortably get the Nagaoka sleeves in without much swearing every time you want to play the record and then put it back. It's fine with HD though.

Date: October 26, 2023 17:25

[lh3.googleusercontent.com]

So far for the "limited" status

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-26 17:30 by jackflash27.

Date: October 26, 2023 17:39

I see 3 Carnaby's and a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot of vinyl regular editions! What country is that???

Date: October 26, 2023 17:50

VoodooLounge13
I see 3 Carnaby's and a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE lot of vinyl regular editions! What country is that???

Groningen, Netherlands. Nope, all Carnaby Red, probably leftovers from the popup store that was located there.

Date: October 26, 2023 18:08

Apologies if this has been asked before, but do any of these versions have song lyrics included?

Date: October 26, 2023 18:11

jackflash27
VoodooLounge13

Groningen, Netherlands. Nope, all Carnaby Red, probably leftovers from the popup store that was located there.

Wow. OK - it's hard to see the red on the other copies. Could be leftovers? Who knows, but I don't think it's as limited as they lead us to believe.

Am wishing I'd grabbed 2 copies of that Paul Smith one though - if ever there was one I would open and actually play, it'd be that awesome one!!!! Just LOVE that cover!!!!

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 26, 2023 18:25

Manofwealthandtaste
Apologies if this has been asked before, but do any of these versions have song lyrics included?

I have three versions (Walmart, Amazon, Stones site eyeball cover) and no lyric sheets, but my CD copy does

Date: October 26, 2023 18:30

Interesting....thanks, snoopy2

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: October 26, 2023 22:09

I got my Blood Records Zoetrope edition today in Germany.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415Next
Current Page: 10 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2034
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home