Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 12, 2023 15:46

I was too tight fisted to pay for the next day option on my HMV order for black vinyl...and now I'm regretting my miserly behaviour grinning smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: October 12, 2023 15:57

VoodooLounge13
downagain
I have pre-ordered the LP from both Amazon (Canada) and my local, indie record shop.
As far as Amazon goes, do they typically have a record actually arrive on your doorstep on the release date or is that they day they will ship it?

For my Amazon order, I had the option of getting it release day if I subscribed to Prime, or on 10/23. Since I don't have Prime, mine is coming on the 23rd. And since my CD version is coming from Japan, I don't anticipate hearing the album until close to 11/1.

I know what you mean, I have the same (luxury) problems. I think I just buy also a regular cd version at a Dutch site (I'm living in The Netherlands) to get it on release day.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 12, 2023 18:12

I just spoke with Amazon and they say I will receive it by the 20th, at the latest. Not receiving it by that date is a valid reason for return. Between Amazon and my local store I am hopeful that my turntable will be spinning some Diamonds, next Friday.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 12, 2023 20:32

Not owning a record player yet, all of these vinyl copies are purely for the collection at this point!!! Still interested in what that Barnes & Noble exclusive is all about. I am thinking that some of the 'exclusives' all over the world are just the same ones here in the US at different places. As either Irix or Doxa pointed out (I think it was Irix, but I don't recall many pages back on the HD album thread), the UPC # of the fuscia and Target purple are the same. The digipak CD is available at tons of places worldwide, but most here in the US seem to be stocking the jewel case, so maybe B&N is the only place to get the digipak version Stateside, IDK.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:36

Paul Smith LP Collab version now available for pre-order from UK & USA Stores

[therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

[therollingstonesshop.com]

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-13 17:54 by rcfoxy.

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: October 13, 2023 17:48

$33 at the Stones USA store. 4 per customer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 13, 2023 18:30

VoodooLounge13

the UPC # of the fuscia and Target purple are the same

Color-Vinyl editions & barcodes - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: October 13, 2023 21:14

rcfoxy
Paul Smith LP Collab version now available for pre-order from UK & USA Stores

[therollingstonesshop.co.uk]

[therollingstonesshop.com]

The price has gone up by £6. It was £33.99 earlier today. Now £39.99.

Date: October 13, 2023 21:45

Irix
VoodooLounge13

the UPC # of the fuscia and Target purple are the same

Color-Vinyl editions & barcodes - [iorr.org] .

Wait - so Target and FNAC do NOT have the same bar code after all?!?!?!? So these are two different color variants?!?!? Ugh. I need to get my butt to Target next Friday then!!! And did we ever come to understand what that Pop-up Rouge version is? Is it only going to be available at the pop up stores? I don't see it listed on FNAC's website. I have all the other variants on order. This whole damn thing gives a whooooooooooooooooooooooooooole new meaning to She's A Rainbow!!!! hot smiley

Date: October 13, 2023 22:25

VoodooLounge13

Target and FNAC do NOT have the same bar code

It's the same barcode (602455464613). Not to be confused with the FNAC rouge (pop-up) Vinyl edition.

Date: October 13, 2023 22:30

My mistake - when I went back up to look at the FNAC code, I mistakenly read the Rouge code! Thanks Irix!

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 15, 2023 23:50

“Assai Records Exclusive Japanese Inspired Obi Strip”

[assai.co.uk]

For your information:
On the obi strip, “The Rolling Stones” (right) and “Hackney Diamonds” (left) are printed vertically in Japanese “Katakana”.

This is made in U.K. by the way.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 16, 2023 10:11

MrEcho
VoodooLounge13
rcfoxy
Add another collab version...

Kidsuper

[www.instagram.com]

KidSuper Honors The Rolling Stones in "Alternate Cover" Artwork
Two weeks before the band’s ‘Hackney Diamonds’ album is slated to drop.
With The Rolling Stones releasing their first album in 18 years in just two weeks, the legendary band is pulling out all the stops. After announcing Hackney Diamonds just a month ago now via local Hackney Gazette newspaper announcements, KidSuper is the latest collaborator to join the release rollout craze. To pay homage to the beloved band, KidSuper’s founder and creative director Colm Dillane has crafted a personal artistic tribute to the influential rockers.

Inspired by the impact the band has had on millions of listeners worldwide, Dillane wanted to specifically tap into this for the creation of the print – what he refers to as “alternate cover art.” Through the use of his own fingerprints throughout the print, Dillane exemplifies the personal connection the Stones have with their fanbase.

“It is amazing to have my literal fingerprints be a part of history and to be a part of the legacy of The Rolling Stones,” Dillane shared in an Instagram caption. The multifaceted storyteller also included a video that shows his physical process in the post, which sees Dillane carefully inking and stamping his fingers in the shape of the Stones’ logo. Watch the timelapse of Dillane doing his thing in the Instagram gallery above.

Watch out for Hackney Diamonds, which hits streaming on October 20. Based on the post’s caption, KidSuper’s album cover is set to release for purchase that same day at the official Rolling Stones store in London.

9 Carnaby St, Carnaby
London W1F 9PE, United Kingdom

Of all the different designs that are being offered for Hackney Diamonds this is actually my favorite.

The Kidsuper version is a CD, not vinyl: [iorr.org]

Date: October 16, 2023 10:45

wiredallnight

The Kidsuper version is a CD, not vinyl

It's CD, Cassette and Merchandise - [iorr.org] , [Hypebeast.com] .

Date: October 16, 2023 11:50

RS No.9 Tokyo (Harajuku): "A 1LP copy signed by Mick, Keith and Ronnie will be given away. One person will be drawn from those who apply using the application postcard given to those who purchase the Japanese edition of the new album 'Hackney Diamonds' at RS No.9 HARAJUKU on a first-come, first-served basis, and will receive a copy of the 'Hackney Diamonds' LP autographed by the three members."

[www.Universal-Music.co.jp]

Date: October 16, 2023 12:59

Irix
wiredallnight

The Kidsuper version is a CD, not vinyl

It's CD, Cassette and Merchandise - [iorr.org] , [Hypebeast.com] .

Yes ok, I just wanted to make clear that it is not vinyl because this is the "Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl" thread.

Date: October 16, 2023 13:05

wiredallnight

I just wanted to make clear that it is not vinyl

Same here. smiling smiley

Posted by: Dorn ()
Date: October 16, 2023 17:43

another special one (not only vinyl....)

[badlands.co.uk]

Date: October 16, 2023 17:55

Dorn

another special one (not only vinyl....)

That are just bundles (but no special editions):

[Badlands.co.uk] - (website banner)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-16 18:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 16, 2023 19:03

"Hackney Heap". That's a good one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-16 19:04 by Topi.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: October 17, 2023 03:49

Paul Smith vinyl sold out in UK store.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: October 18, 2023 17:27

RisingStone
“Assai Records Exclusive Japanese Inspired Obi Strip”

[assai.co.uk]

For your information:
On the obi strip, “The Rolling Stones” (right) and “Hackney Diamonds” (left) are printed vertically in Japanese “Katakana”.

This is made in U.K. by the way.

Was luckily able to buy one of these. It's basically just the numbered obi strip what makes it special. oh well....

Date: October 18, 2023 18:41

Date: October 18, 2023 19:02

OK I didn't realize there was another version of the Amazon Green cover. Where does one purchase the red vinyl that's in the upper right corner of the above post? I have all the rest. thanks!

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 18, 2023 19:09

wiredallnight

42 Variants on LP!

Date: October 18, 2023 19:10

VoodooLounge13

Where does one purchase the red vinyl that's in the upper right corner of the above post?

It's the FNAC pop-up rouge edition - [Leclaireur.FNAC.com] .

Date: October 18, 2023 19:58

Those 2 purple/fuchsia ones are probably the same, because both have the same sticker on the cover: "Transparent purple heavyweight vinyl" and according to Irix' list here [iorr.org] the same barcode.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 18, 2023 20:15

I ordered the blue one with the trippy cover (to play). Also ordered the Atlanta Braves one (to collect).

Date: October 18, 2023 20:20

wiredallnight

Those 2 purple/fuchsia ones are probably the same

Theoretically it could be possible that the Target edition is pressed in North America and looks more Fuchsia (like in their picture) - while the other is pressed in Europe and is indeed Purple/Violet.

Similar to 'Beggars Banquet' RSD 2023: same barcode, but two different pressings - [iorr.org] .

Date: October 18, 2023 20:37

Irix
wiredallnight

Those 2 purple/fuchsia ones are probably the same

Theoretically it could be possible that the Target edition is pressed in North America and looks more Fuchsia (like in their picture) - while the other is pressed in Europe and is indeed Purple/Violet.

Similar to 'Beggars Banquet' RSD 2023: same barcode, but two different pressings - [iorr.org] .

I'm hoping someone has ordered both versions and will open and post pix of the vinyls, as that will determine if I pick up the Target one or not.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home