Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: October 5, 2023 07:10

My apologies. I just got the email today. Or yesterday now that a new day has turned over!!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: October 5, 2023 07:21

Stone601
Adams
MonicaDe
MAF
Irix
thunderball

[blood-records.co.uk]

Zoetrope Edition - £29.99 - limited to 10,000 copies:

Large picture . See also RS official [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] - (Story).
what does it look like when you play it with 45 rpm?

Anyone replied to you? How this recording can be played on?

It is just a picture disc. You play it like a normal record. Picture discs usually have some background noise so if you need something to play and not only look unusual go with casual black or colour vinyl.

It's not a simple Picture Disc, with a static image, it uses a technique called Zoetrope [en.wikipedia.org]

I think you have to shine some kind of strobe light on the record to get the effect. Alternatively, there's a strobe app you can download to your phone.

Posted by: rcfoxy ()
Date: October 5, 2023 09:02

Add another collab version...

Kidsuper

[www.instagram.com]

Cheers
Richard - In Another Land

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 5, 2023 10:15

Roscoe

I think you have to shine some kind of strobe light on the record to get the effect.

Probably not - it's a simple, drawn effect as showed here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: October 5, 2023 12:03

Irix
MAF

what does it look like when you play it with 45 rpm?

Download the illustration video. Then open it with VLC-player and set the playback speed to 1.37x .

Looks nice! What kind/ brand of gramophone would be needed for this to work?

Date: October 5, 2023 12:55

MonicaDe

What kind/ brand of gramophone would be needed for this to work?

The steel needles of a gramophone running at 78rpm will probably make 'Hackney Diamonds' out of this LP .... winking smiley

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 5, 2023 15:04

Maybe safer to use bamboo or cactus thorn needles then !

Date: October 5, 2023 20:14

rcfoxy

Kidsuper

[www.instagram.com]

KidSuper Honors The Rolling Stones in "Alternate Cover" Artwork
Two weeks before the band’s ‘Hackney Diamonds’ album is slated to drop.
With The Rolling Stones releasing their first album in 18 years in just two weeks, the legendary band is pulling out all the stops. After announcing Hackney Diamonds just a month ago now via local Hackney Gazette newspaper announcements, KidSuper is the latest collaborator to join the release rollout craze. To pay homage to the beloved band, KidSuper’s founder and creative director Colm Dillane has crafted a personal artistic tribute to the influential rockers.

Inspired by the impact the band has had on millions of listeners worldwide, Dillane wanted to specifically tap into this for the creation of the print – what he refers to as “alternate cover art.” Through the use of his own fingerprints throughout the print, Dillane exemplifies the personal connection the Stones have with their fanbase.

“It is amazing to have my literal fingerprints be a part of history and to be a part of the legacy of The Rolling Stones,” Dillane shared in an Instagram caption. The multifaceted storyteller also included a video that shows his physical process in the post, which sees Dillane carefully inking and stamping his fingers in the shape of the Stones’ logo. Watch the timelapse of Dillane doing his thing in the Instagram gallery above.

Watch out for Hackney Diamonds, which hits streaming on October 20. Based on the post’s caption, KidSuper’s album cover is set to release for purchase that same day at the official Rolling Stones store in London.

9 Carnaby St, Carnaby
London W1F 9PE, United Kingdom

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 5, 2023 21:02

Irix
thunderball

[blood-records.co.uk]

Zoetrope Edition - £29.99 - limited to 10,000 copies:

Large picture . See also RS official [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] - (Story).

Just over 100 copies left for those interested, or wait til the mass eBay sales to see if they ether drop or go up in price smiling smiley

Date: October 5, 2023 21:55

snoopy2

Just over 100 copies left

Interesting .... about 12 hours ago there were still ~1300 LPs left.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 5, 2023 22:11

Irix
snoopy2

Interesting .... about 12 hours ago there were still ~1300 LPs left.

There're wholesale buyers out there! grinning smiley

Date: October 5, 2023 23:22

snoopy2

Now only 50 copies left.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 5, 2023 23:30

How many on the right ????

ROCKMAN

Date: October 6, 2023 00:04

Sold out at [Blood-Records.co.uk] .

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: October 6, 2023 05:24

Irix
Sold out at [Blood-Records.co.uk] .

I’m not a vinyl collector any more at all, but ordered a copy Thursday morning, about 5AM UTC, and “Current Sales” was 8618 at that time. Good decision-making. Too tempting to miss this one, a bizarre artifact. The video freaks me outeye popping smiley

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: October 6, 2023 11:54

still available at [rollingstones.bravado.de] (but you need a shipping adress in Germany, Austria or Switzerland)
sold out now

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-06 17:02 by MononoM.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 7, 2023 21:54

VoodooLounge13
rcfoxy

Kidsuper

[www.instagram.com]

With The Rolling Stones releasing their first album in 18 years in just two weeks, the legendary band is pulling out all the stops. After announcing Hackney Diamonds just a month ago now via local Hackney Gazette newspaper announcements, KidSuper is the latest collaborator to join the release rollout craze. To pay homage to the beloved band, KidSuper’s founder and creative director Colm Dillane has crafted a personal artistic tribute to the influential rockers.

Inspired by the impact the band has had on millions of listeners worldwide, Dillane wanted to specifically tap into this for the creation of the print – what he refers to as “alternate cover art.” Through the use of his own fingerprints throughout the print, Dillane exemplifies the personal connection the Stones have with their fanbase.

“It is amazing to have my literal fingerprints be a part of history and to be a part of the legacy of The Rolling Stones,” Dillane shared in an Instagram caption. The multifaceted storyteller also included a video that shows his physical process in the post, which sees Dillane carefully inking and stamping his fingers in the shape of the Stones’ logo. Watch the timelapse of Dillane doing his thing in the Instagram gallery above.

Watch out for Hackney Diamonds, which hits streaming on October 20. Based on the post’s caption, KidSuper’s album cover is set to release for purchase that same day at the official Rolling Stones store in London.

9 Carnaby St, Carnaby

I'm sorry but I don't believe there will be any RS limited edition vinyl versions sold from the RS No. 9 Carnaby Street Store in London. Bravado runs the store and ran the Queen pop-up store that was across the road for a few months.

There was an incident with some local hoodlums at the Queen store a few years back about some limited edition Queen singles. The Bravado Store Director was literally threatened with his life (I was there), because he would not let said hoodlums into the store to get their hands on the limited edition singles.

Since that day, the RS No. 9 Carnaby Street Store stopped selling the famous No. 9 Carnaby RED vinyl series, which they had sold without fail up to and including "Tattoo You". The IORR No. 9 Carnaby RED vinyl was only sold online.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: October 7, 2023 22:20

SonicDreamer

The IORR No. 9 Carnaby RED vinyl was only sold online.

For 'Hackney Diamonds' there was also an in-store album pre-ordering according to the RS No.9 - [www.Instagram.com] .

The HD Carnaby Red Vinyl will also be available in Germany during the pop-up sale - [iorr.org] . Also in Japan in the new RS No.9 store in Tokyo - [iorr.org] .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-07 23:00 by Irix.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: October 8, 2023 03:27

VoodooLounge13
rcfoxy

Kidsuper

[www.instagram.com]

9 Carnaby St, Carnaby

Of all the different designs that are being offered for Hackney Diamonds this is actually my favorite.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: October 8, 2023 09:57

Irix
Stone601

Or as you say PD in motion.

It's this animation effect (moving pictures) on a rotating disc:

Fantascope (1833) - [en.Wikipedia.org] - larger versions.

I had an email exchange with Blood Records where I asked about the technique used for the LP and this was the response.

Hi G.

The designs are created by very special and talented designer, who is able to understand how the movement of each item is going to react.

If you think back to flip books, and you would draw and image on the bottom of each page and then flip through the pages to see the object move, so it is a progression of images on a larger scale.

The image is then transferred on to a plastic vinyl layer and added onto the disc itself.

To view the movement whilst it is spinning I have added a link for you, Drew Tetz is a very talented zoetrope designer and has worked on may of ours, if not all of them...

And he explains the viewing so much better than I could.

Viewing Instructions – Drew Tetz

[drewtetz.com]

Kay

Date: October 8, 2023 10:40

Stone601

[drewtetz.com]

Drew Tetz published some years ago tutorials: "Design a Phenakistoscope for a Mesmerizing Spinning Optical Illusion" or "How to Make a Phenakistoscope" - see his résumé in the 'About' section of his website.

The animated GIF depicted above (Fantascope, year 1833) is nothing other than a Phenakistoscope, see the linked Wikipedia article above. There's also a Gallery with more examples.

Date: October 8, 2023 10:51

Irix
Stone601

[drewtetz.com]

Drew Tetz published some years ago tutorials: "Design a Phenakistoscope for a Mesmerizing Spinning Optical Illusion" or "How to Make a Phenakistoscope" - see his résumé in the 'About' section of his website.

The animated GIF depicted above (Fantascope, year 1833) is nothing other than a Phenakistoscope, see the linked Wikipedia article above. There's also a Gallery with more examples.
Yes, I read everything, I wrote to BloodRecords because I didn't know the name of the creator of the drawing.
You will agree with me that this is not a simple PD but a job, in its simplicity, much more complicated.

Date: October 8, 2023 10:55

Stone601

You will agree with me that this is not a simple PD but a job, in its simplicity, much more complicated.

Basically it's a simple Picture Disc with a much more complicated drawing on it. winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2023 11:01

They should churn out a Frisbee version ..... Dogs would lurv 'em

ROCKMAN

Date: October 8, 2023 11:02

Irix
Stone601

Basically it's a simple Picture Disc with a much more complicated drawing on it. winking smiley
Ok buddy, I don't want to convince you of anything. Let's look at things differently smiling smiley
Peace

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: October 8, 2023 17:33

Rockman
They should churn out a Frisbee version ..... Dogs would lurv 'em

Now you’re onto something.. My dog would render it unplayable but that’s ok cuz I’m picking up multiple different copies

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 12, 2023 13:18

I have pre-ordered the LP from both Amazon (Canada) and my local, indie record shop.
As far as Amazon goes, do they typically have a record actually arrive on your doorstep on the release date or is that they day they will ship it?

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: October 12, 2023 15:10

Is there any latest on the Paul Smith variant?

Date: October 12, 2023 15:26

downagain
I have pre-ordered the LP from both Amazon (Canada) and my local, indie record shop.
As far as Amazon goes, do they typically have a record actually arrive on your doorstep on the release date or is that they day they will ship it?

For my Amazon order, I had the option of getting it release day if I subscribed to Prime, or on 10/23. Since I don't have Prime, mine is coming on the 23rd. And since my CD version is coming from Japan, I don't anticipate hearing the album until close to 11/1.

Date: October 12, 2023 15:45

thunderball

Is there any latest on the Paul Smith variant?

Not yet, but you can sign-up for updates - [www.PaulSmith.com] .

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home