Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15
Re: Hackney Diamonds on Vinyl
Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: September 20, 2023 00:22

Understood - appreciate you always lending a voice to help out us fellow collectors!!! After 18 years, the spending/shopping spree is Terrifying! thumbs up

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: September 20, 2023 01:56

Irix

There's no picture (yet) of the Vinyl itself - [www.Fnac.com] .

The important thing for this Fnac red edition : POP-UP vinyle.
If it's true, that means a gatefold cover with 3D paper cut inside.

On the Fnac cover picture, there is only the design, no Rolling Stones or Hackney Diamonds print.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-20 01:58 by Massimo68.

Date: September 20, 2023 04:39

Well that's interesting. Will have to wait and see if anyone else buys it to determine if it's any different than all the others.

Date: September 20, 2023 05:00

Clear vinyl also now purchased! Sloooooooooooooowly will get there!!!

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 21, 2023 14:52

treaclefingers
MAF
ah - poor offers. no shaped disc grinning smiley

Not true!

They are offering a limited edition circle disc!

Maybe we'll get a limited edition with the hole exactly in the middle ?

It'd make a bloody change these days !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-21 15:08 by Spud.

Date: September 21, 2023 18:05

Ran outta ink in my printer and needed to buy more, so I added the Amazon green to the order!!! WooHoo! 3 down, 4 to go!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 21, 2023 18:25

The FNAC Édition Limitée Exclusivité Rouge is currently removed from their website.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-29 14:20 by Irix.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: September 21, 2023 18:43

I went black and I never went back...

Date: September 21, 2023 20:11

Irix
The FNAC Édition Limitée Exclusivité Rouge (Pop-Up Gatefold?) is currently removed from their website.

Perhaps they realized it's too hard to make a 3D version of the cover?! LOL

Posted by: Javadave ()
Date: September 21, 2023 20:32

I’ll just wait for someone to sell me their used copy at my store, then I’ll give it a spin, and most likely flip it. Don’t really care what color. It used to be that black vinyl was superior audio fidelity to other color variants, but they seem to have solved that problem. Lately though, I have developed an appreciation for any translucent black vinyl pressings from the early 80s to early 90s. Apparently, these are all pressed on audiophile quality Quiex II 100% virgin vinyl. They sound outstanding.

Date: September 21, 2023 21:03

I thought the clear vinyl ones were supposed to be the best quality/sounding? The vinyl without any pigmentation added to them I mean. That's what I've read anyway.

Date: September 21, 2023 22:00

VoodooLounge13

I thought the clear vinyl ones were supposed to be the best quality/sounding?

Black Vinyl should sound best because of the carbon particles. They settle into the pores of the Vinyl, resulting in a lower noise level due to a smoother surface. The carbon particles also reduce static charge and give the record more strength. Some say the carbon particles are also a kind of lubricant. But it seems that the Vinyl for Color-LPs can achieve similar properties due to modern additives.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-21 22:40 by Irix.

Date: September 21, 2023 22:23

Wow! That's a lot of info I did NOT know! Fascinating stuff!!

Date: September 22, 2023 11:15

Irix
VoodooLounge13

I thought the clear vinyl ones were supposed to be the best quality/sounding?

Black Vinyl should sound best because of the carbon particles. They settle into the pores of the Vinyl, resulting in a lower noise level due to a smoother surface. The carbon particles also reduce static charge and give the record more strength. Some say the carbon particles are also a kind of lubricant. But it seems that the Vinyl for Color-LPs can achieve similar properties due to modern additives.

thumbs up

In practice of course, there are many other much more influential factors which determine how good a vinyl record will sound...

...but this old Luddite still thinks a gramophone record should be black...not some silly, frivalous colour grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-22 12:19 by Spud.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: September 22, 2023 11:24

Even CDs packed in heavy plastic jewel cases with black trays sound better than CDs packed in thin plastic jewels with other color trays or in digipaks winking smiley.

Date: September 22, 2023 12:21

treaclefingers
wiredallnight
I must buy a normal black vinyl album and put it in my "Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016" box. Well, 2016 isn't correct then anymore, but who cares...

So...you've unsealed your Studio Albums box set?! Rookie move!

Horror of horrors...I even play the buggers !

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2023 19:01

Spud
treaclefingers
wiredallnight
I must buy a normal black vinyl album and put it in my "Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016" box. Well, 2016 isn't correct then anymore, but who cares...

So...you've unsealed your Studio Albums box set?! Rookie move!

Horror of horrors...I even play the buggers !

Ha ha...OK you had me until you said you play them...that's funny.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 22, 2023 20:27

Are people buying the vinyl LP just because it's vinyl, or for the sake of it being on vinyl, knowing it won't sound better not being any reason at all (except for the last track, which was recorded on 2 inch tape, the first use of 2 inch analog tape since 1985 apparently)?

Actually it probably will sound better because it won't be brickwalled.

Nevermind!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 22, 2023 21:22

GasLightStreet
Are people buying the vinyl LP just because it's vinyl, or for the sake of it being on vinyl, knowing it won't sound better not being any reason at all (except for the last track, which was recorded on 2 inch tape, the first use of 2 inch analog tape since 1985 apparently)?

Nevermind!

Black, Clear, Green, Blue, Purple, Fuscia, Picture Disk...I think buried some where in that is your answer!

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: September 22, 2023 23:31

Picture Disc

[www.bravado.de]

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: September 23, 2023 03:40

stonesman87
sanQ
So which pressing will be the most collectable?

A question without prejudice or notice: Why did this question start with the word "so"? Was use of the word "so" necessary at all?

I ask this question because I find that sentences and, in particular, answers to questions, are frequently started with the word "so", but I can't deduce any logic or meaning in doing so. It certainly doesn't add anything to the subject or meaning of the question, which could be asked, making complete sense, without commencing with the word "so".

Okay, here's a response to your question, which I am not sure if I should be minorly annoyed about or if I should just try and give you an answer.

As the question asker and post originator, I have to say, there was indeed "logic" behind the use of the word "so".

I used the word "so" because it implied that everyone on this board or anyone who is a Rolling Stones fan should have known that the new album was coming out in various colors.

If you didn't know anything about the new album or the colors, then I wasn't talking to you.

If you questioned my use of the English language, maybe you'll want to read a book on the English language.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: September 23, 2023 04:05

Thanks to everyone who answered my question.

I bought the red Carnaby and a blue one. I might still buy a black one like others previously have said. I'm hoping that for once, with the Carnaby red, it's actually a limited edition.

Date: September 25, 2023 23:45

Black vinyl now bought as well! That tips the scale in the favor of Purchased vs. Remaining (Blue, Purple, Picture). Add in some of the other vinyl releases, and it's an expensive time to be a Stones fan!! drinking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 26, 2023 00:31

GasLightStreet

Nevermind!

all the above

Date: September 26, 2023 10:31

I'm sure it was fun recording the last tack on tape...but it'll still have ended up on the digital master...and the subsequent mastering to vinyl still suffers from much of the same brick wall compression as other formats...just for a big impressive sound.

The art of mastering to vinyl has long been lost to all but a few ...but despite all that, some of us just still like playing LPs and we're kind of addicted.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 26, 2023 21:34

Anyone get the email today for the baseball team vinyls? For real.

Date: September 26, 2023 21:52

yessir.

MLB HD

Date: September 26, 2023 21:55

DEmerson

Anyone get the email today for the baseball team vinyls?

Looks like it's exclusive for the United States (Canada).

But you can see it also here: [TheRollingStonesShop.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

[www.YouTube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-26 22:45 by Irix.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 26, 2023 23:45

how many different covers? what a ripp off
what's next with European soccer clubs, Canadian ice hockey etc. etc. etc.
collector's nightmare

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-26 23:49 by MAF.

Date: September 26, 2023 23:55

MAF

how many different covers?

30 covers in the 'Stones x MLB' collection.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 15

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2036
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home