Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Videos, DVDs, old records, tapes, oh my
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 11, 2023 18:26

What a fascinating read. I never thought of me as a music/movie/tv archivist with my boxes of records, cassette tapes, 45 rpm singles, reel to reel tapes, all kinds of stuff I came across online from the arts on storage drives. I might have to get a t-shirt or two made with the slogan "Proud To Be A Pirate Preservationist" emblazoned on them. I am sure many folks would look at the slogan and go, WTF? I am sure a number of users on this site are also pirate preservationists. Think of all the Stones and other musical stuff out there yet to be discovered.

[reason.com]

Re: OT: Videos, DVDs, old records, tapes, oh my
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 12, 2023 13:53

Haha... Guilty. My first Dylan bootleg was exactly that version of LITTLE WHITE WONDER seen in the photo there...

- Doxa

Date: September 12, 2023 22:56

I have noticed that we are starting to see more videos showing up. My older brother passed away 2 years ago he had a box full of old ticket stubs from Filmore West and some other venues. No one knew he had them.

I believe some of videos we are seeing are the result of an older generation passing and the survivors finding things and releasing them.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: September 12, 2023 23:21

I guess that would place me as an investor in history with Rolling Stones concerts ….

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1493
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home