Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Totally Stripped, Paris L'Olympia 1995, Limited edition, October 20, 2023
Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: January 18, 2024 11:12

BitchKeepsBitchin
The Stones have become masters of music marketing. How many times have they released these same songs? I have all of these songs on multiple releases so because there is nothing "new" on this I'm taking a pass. I already have Paris Stripped limited edition from another release, this is for the completist. Or a newbie.
To tell the truth, I do not understand your complain. In DVD(or Bluray)/2CD format the concert was available only as rather expensive and hard to get WARD records release from Japan. Not all people could get it and afford to pay those ridiculous prices. The audio portion was available as digital download. But not all collectors do like downloads and streaming. So, this worldwide release actually covers the gap and lets you to put on the shelve another nice package. Not to mention vinyl release for youngsters and millennials winking smiley.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 18, 2024 15:20

ironbelly
BitchKeepsBitchin
The Stones have become masters of music marketing. How many times have they released these same songs? I have all of these songs on multiple releases so because there is nothing "new" on this I'm taking a pass. I already have Paris Stripped limited edition from another release, this is for the completist. Or a newbie.
To tell the truth, I do not understand your complain. In DVD(or Bluray)/2CD format the concert was available only as rather expensive and hard to get WARD records release from Japan. Not all people could get it and afford to pay those ridiculous prices. The audio portion was available as digital download. But not all collectors do like downloads and streaming. So, this worldwide release actually covers the gap and lets you to put on the shelve another nice package. Not to mention vinyl release for youngsters and millennials winking smiley.

I think we can look to Maya Angelou for some guidance here, when she says when people tell you who they are, believe them.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 19, 2024 07:17

I know why the caged bird sings……

Posted by: Barkerboy2 ()
Date: January 19, 2024 11:30

I just ordered this after reading through this whole thread!

Date: January 19, 2024 14:34

I received an email from that French boutique selling the 3 45's stating that the mail is running very late due to the vast amount of deliveries this holiday season. Y'all still celebrating Christmas over there?!?!!?!? confused smiley

Date: January 19, 2024 15:33

VoodooLounge13
I received an email from that French boutique selling the 3 45's stating that the mail is running very late due to the vast amount of deliveries this holiday season. Y'all still celebrating Christmas over there?!?!!?!? confused smiley
Yes. Is it wrong?
As a matter of fact Portuguese post hit a record this holiday season for me. The parcel from Japan arrived to Portugal on November 2, 2023, but was delivered to my door only on January 5, 2024 winking smiley.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: January 19, 2024 18:17

BitchKeepsBitchin

Where else is the audio release available?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 19, 2024 19:49

micha063
BitchKeepsBitchin

In Japan it was already released on Ward Records seven years ago on dvd or blu ray plus 2cd.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 19, 2024 20:29

GJV
micha063
BitchKeepsBitchin

In Japan it was already released on Ward Records seven years ago on dvd or blu ray plus 2cd.

And it's available for download and streaming. Same for Brixton and Paradiso.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 19, 2024 21:18

BitchKeepsBitchin

We need people to keep buying this stuff because that keeps the accountants happy. And happy accountants mean financing for future projects of stuff we haven’t heard before is more likely.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: January 19, 2024 21:33

Got the vinyl single this evening from the postman.
It's the orange one (I didn't even know there were three different versions to choose from). It looks very nice, collector's item.

Date: January 19, 2024 21:48

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Yes. Is it wrong?
As a matter of fact Portuguese post hit a record this holiday season for me. The parcel from Japan arrived to Portugal on November 2, 2023, but was delivered to my door only on January 5, 2024 winking smiley.

But that doesn't make sense to me. I just ordered these earlier this week, so all holidays should be concluded by now, no? Are you saying that they're still digging out from the holiday 'rush'??

Date: January 19, 2024 22:26

VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Yes. Is it wrong?

But that doesn't make sense to me. I just ordered these earlier this week, so all holidays should be concluded by now, no? Are you saying that they're still digging out from the holiday 'rush'??
To tell the truth - I do not know. It might be something to do with local post service. I ordered a lot from Japan recently. The parcels usually made to Europe within a week and afterwards are on hold by local post for another 2-3 weeks. But it is incoming case and in Portugal. It might be some similar jam for France. You know, after they enforced that stupid VAT payments in 2021 international mail from/to EU became kind of unpredictable.

Date: January 20, 2024 01:51

ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
ironbelly
VoodooLounge13
Yes. Is it wrong?

To tell the truth - I do not know. It might be something to do with local post service. I ordered a lot from Japan recently. The parcels usually made to Europe within a week and afterwards are on hold by local post for another 2-3 weeks. But it is incoming case and in Portugal. It might be some similar jam for France. You know, after they enforced that stupid VAT payments in 2021 international mail from/to EU became kind of unpredictable.

Got it. Well, France deliveries definitely seem to take longer. When HD was released, they were among my last to get here, though Germany actually came in last......but the replacements were here in less than a week!?!?

Date: February 3, 2024 02:57

Received 2 of the 3 vinyl singles/magazines today! Orange and White. Still awaiting the Black vinyl. Magazine looks great - amazing photo of Mick on the cover. Always amazed how all things from the same shipper don't show up at the same time.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 3, 2024 20:54

For live songs from the Wood era to me the Paradiso, L'Olympia and Brixton are the best shows they ever did with Ronnie along with the stripped down 1978 tour.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 14, 2024 07:23

VoodooLounge13
Received 2 of the 3 vinyl singles/magazines today! Orange and White. Still awaiting the Black vinyl. Magazine looks great - amazing photo of Mick on the cover. Always amazed how all things from the same shipper don't show up at the same time.

Did you receive a shipping notice or did the package just show up in the mail unannounced? I placed an order two weeks ago but haven't heard squat since then.

Date: February 14, 2024 07:57

Just showed up. Took about two weeks. Still missing the black vinyl. Tomorrow will be 30 days which is the max they say to give it. Hope they send a replacement no charge.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 14, 2024 18:00

VoodooLounge13
Just showed up. Took about two weeks. Still missing the black vinyl. Tomorrow will be 30 days which is the max they say to give it. Hope they send a replacement no charge.

Thanks. I'll just have to be patient.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home