Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 41 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 20, 2023 15:21

slewan

rather unlikely, I'd say. Arenas for 50k people in Europe?? Not too many, I guess

They played in a few stadiums with a roof like Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen, Amsterdam, Arnhem, Stockholm, La Défense Arena Paris (a smaller venue).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 15:38 by MAF.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 20, 2023 15:28

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bluenote
The Sun about a global tour:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Insiders tell me the tour will start in the US in April and make its way across the States over the summer.

The trek is also expected to include dates for fans back here in Blighty.

A source said: “The tour will be huge.

I know it's the Sun... but still interesting

Goddam there is nothing worse than the The Sun newspaper but for once please can there be some truth from them about UK dates.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: November 20, 2023 15:37

MAF
slewan

rather unlikely, I'd say. Arenas for 50k people in Europe?? Not too many, I guess

They played in a few stadiums with a roof like Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen Amsterdam, Arnhem, Stockholm.

That will be fine in October, the weather is still fine normally. But it's too cold in November/December in these stadiums, even with the closed roof.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: November 20, 2023 15:52

Topi
SecondSet

OK, I hope the same is true of the Northwestern dates, that they come from somewhere other than Mt. Olympus, as it were

Mt. Rainier? winking smiley

we actually have a mt. olympus here in washington state

it's a 8000 ft. mountain on the olympic peninsula west of seattle

don't think thats what he means but its a funny coincidence though

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: November 20, 2023 15:52

PaintMonkeyManBlack
Blighty = UK (had to google it)

Thank you. I was about to do so.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: November 20, 2023 16:31

Anything written by The Sun can be taken with a barrell of salt. US Stadiums followed by UK Arena's seems unlikely. And most bands don't play Stadiums in the UK past September which feels too soon after the US is wrapped. UK and Europe more likely 2025. The Sun is probably saying its expected to include the UK to get clicks (and it worked ha). Sure they're expected to play "Blighty", but doesn't mean there's any time frame for that.

At 80 who knows what time frame is left, im flying to the US!

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 20, 2023 16:45

SecondSet
I omitted Gillette Stadium above, because I don't have anything much to say about Foxborough, MA, but MBTA should offer special event trains from Boston's Back Bay and South Station, so I'd recommend staying not far from either. As in Philly and maybe Chicago, your Club Quarters and aKa's might offer some relative value at the expense of hotel services and ambience, though I'm similarly unsure how cost-effective they or the nice local places in the block of Boylston West of Copley Square still are these days. There might also be good options in the Seaport just across Fort Point Channel from South Station.

Trains should also depart from the main station in Providence, Rhode Island, so lodging nearby would also be a good option in the alternative to Boston or the connection at suburban Dedham.

Date: November 20, 2023 16:46

ProfessorWolf
Topi
SecondSet

OK, I hope the same is true of the Northwestern dates, that they come from somewhere other than Mt. Olympus, as it were

As a mourner of the Hurricane Ridge Day Lodge, that was indeed the reference, in part.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 16:50 by SecondSet.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 20, 2023 16:52

slewan
schwonek

"I can reveal the iconic English rockers are poised to announce a massive global trek for next year."

The US of A is not global, a world tour is. At least thats how I translate it. Maybe an arena tour in Nov/Dec in Europe? Most arena do not pack 60k, but 50k. That is something worth considering, Mick.

In the upcoming US tour stadiums will fit:
60.000 Houston, LA etc
50.000 Las Vegas

In the past European tours arenas played incl. capacity at concerts:
65.000 Stockholm
60.000 Amsterdam
50.000 Düsseldorf
50.000 København

And you can add stadiums that can close their roof like Gelsenkirchen, Gelre, Bernabéu, Millennium.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 20, 2023 17:10

MAF
slewan

They played in a few stadiums with a roof like Düsseldorf, Gelsenkirchen, Amsterdam, Arnhem, Stockholm, La Défense Arena Paris (a smaller venue).

in fact La Défense Arena is the largest indoor venue in Europe (not counting football stations with roofs)

as already pointed out it might too cold in Nov/Dec to play football stadiums even with closed roofs (has any band/artist done this before?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 17:11 by slewan.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2023 17:12

Friends Arena, Johann Cruijff ArenA, Esprit-Arena and Telia Parken are not "arenas". They are stadiums which feature roofs. Never mind the names.

La Défense Arena is essentially a rugby stadium with a roof.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 17:14 by Topi.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 20, 2023 17:12

schwonek
slewan
schwonek

"I can reveal the iconic English rockers are poised to announce a massive global trek for next year."

The US of A is not global, a world tour is. At least thats how I translate it. Maybe an arena tour in Nov/Dec in Europe? Most arena do not pack 60k, but 50k. That is something worth considering, Mick.

60.000 Houston, LA etc
50.000 Las Vegas

65.000 Stockholm
60.000 Amsterdam
50.000 Düsseldorf
50.000 København

And you can add stadiums that can close their roof like Gelsenkirchen, Gelre, Bernabéu, Millennium.

I have seen many bands play Cardiff Millenium Stadium over the years (Oasis/Foo Fighters, Stereophonics etc.) in November/December/January. The roof closes and it becomes a sauna. Just under 75 thousand people in the covered stadium. I'm getting carried away now with my wishes...

Posted by: wendysorensen ()
Date: November 20, 2023 17:24

SecondSet are you a local Washingtonian?

Date: November 20, 2023 17:38

wendysorensen
SecondSet are you a local Washingtonian?

No, but I spent a fair amount of time there as a younger person.

Posted by: Rockroller ()
Date: November 20, 2023 17:52

Hoping my wife and I will be able to get the Lucky Dip tickets for Atlanta. It’s a big deal for us to go but don’t want to miss this! Looking forward to it for sure.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 20, 2023 18:12

petewasbristol
schwonek
slewan
schwonek

60.000 Houston, LA etc
50.000 Las Vegas

65.000 Stockholm
60.000 Amsterdam
50.000 Düsseldorf
50.000 København

I have seen many bands play Cardiff Millenium Stadium over the years (Oasis/Foo Fighters, Stereophonics etc.) in November/December/January. The roof closes and it becomes a sauna. Just under 75 thousand people in the covered stadium. I'm getting carried away now with my wishes...

the average temperature in December in Cardiff is 9°C (max) an 4°C (min), for Berlin it's 4°/0°. Munich: 4°/-2°. Just sayin'…

The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 20, 2023 18:21

Terminal Tower, Cleveland

[www.instagram.com]

Date: November 20, 2023 18:33

Pere Ubu eat your heart out

Posted by: bluenote ()
Date: November 20, 2023 19:03

bitusa2012
Topi
Let's just take one tour/leg/mini-tour at a time. smiling smiley

But I don’t want to spend $35k on wife and I getting to the US, travelling around and paying for accommodation and tickets IF I can spend $10k on doing it around OZ !!!

Exactly.

Date: November 20, 2023 19:08

petewasbristol
PaintMonkeyManBlack
bluenote
The Sun about a global tour:

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Insiders tell me the tour will start in the US in April and make its way across the States over the summer.

The trek is also expected to include dates for fans back here in Blighty.

A source said: “The tour will be huge.

I know it's the Sun... but still interesting

Goddam there is nothing worse than the The Sun newspaper but for once please can there be some truth from them about UK dates.

You mean the one published by Mick's former partner's ex-husband? Or his less intelligent son, rather, as of this morning?

Date: November 20, 2023 19:09

SecondSet
ProfessorWolf
Topi
SecondSet

As a mourner of the Hurricane Ridge Day Lodge, that was indeed the reference, in part.

i stand corrected

cool niche geographic reference toowinking smiley

Date: November 20, 2023 19:11

bye bye johnny
Terminal Tower, Cleveland

[www.instagram.com]

so is that real or photoshopped by the band?

Posted by: Jfk19562003 ()
Date: November 20, 2023 20:10

I’ve seen every USA Stones tours since 1969, but I’m going to sit this one out and enjoy all of Matt Lee’s videos. At least I’ll have a better seat, my beer will be cold and the toilet is right down the hall.

Posted by: syrel ()
Date: November 20, 2023 20:14

BV just updated the list - Denver and Cleveland have swapped, so Denver now rumoured to be before Chicago...
syrel

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: November 20, 2023 20:15

There have been no updates on BVs tour page since the 18th ,but today the Cleveland show now appears before the Denver show,hope this isn't the case .

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: November 20, 2023 20:20

Re: Trains should also depart from the main station in Providence, Rhode Island, so lodging nearby would also be a good option in the alternative to Boston or the connection at suburban Dedham.[/quote

I don’t know about trains from Providence to Foxboro (and there may be some) but Providence is actually closer to Gillette than Boston, and could be a good bet, especially for people coming from the south (Ct., NY etc.). Lots of good restaurants on Federal Hill and the area.

Date: November 20, 2023 20:44

It's apparently necessary or at least recommended to buy train tickets in advance

[www.gillettestadium.com]

Date: November 20, 2023 20:45

welshphil
There have been no updates on BVs tour page since the 18th ,but today the Cleveland show now appears before the Denver show,hope this isn't the case .

I believe it is

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 20, 2023 21:00

Logical to go Denver-Cleveland-Chicago.

Date: November 20, 2023 21:23

[d9-wret.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com]

Denver is the bright spot a bit at center-right of the vast, relatively empty left half of the photo. Cleveland is just under the right "eye" of the Great Lakes above right of center. The surrounding areas Cleveland pulls from are much closer than those around Denver, which is the only show for about 1000 miles/1600 km in any direction, so it makes more sense to play there on a weekend than a weekday, and vice versa. Also, Denver, though at a lower latitude than Cleveland, is at a much higher elevation, so even though it gets far more sun during the day, year-round, it also gets significantly colder at night, and so is better to play closer to the height of summer. That just addresses the "logic" involved; it isn't the main reason I believe that Cleveland comes first.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-20 21:59 by SecondSet.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344Next
Current Page: 41 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home