Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: dougingb ()
Date: November 14, 2023 00:25

Any chance Lambeau Field in Green Bay, WI is a possibility? Paul McCartney was here a few years ago, as was Billy Joel.

Posted by: bkrancho ()
Date: November 14, 2023 01:00

I would think that Snapdragon Stadium in San Diego would be considered, as they've not visited the city since 2015

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 14, 2023 01:03

Mick said onstage that the altitude in the mile high city of Denver was getting to him, so I don't know if he will come back. Hope so.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-14 01:17 by angee.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 14, 2023 01:42

bkrancho
I would think that Snapdragon Stadium in San Diego would be considered, as they've not visited the city since 2015

I would have bet this would have made the cut this year but it didn't just because it's a new stadium.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 14, 2023 02:01

angee
Mick said onstage that the altitude in the mile high city of Denver was getting to him, so I don't know if he will come back. Hope so.

Denver is on this years list before cancelling you know.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 14, 2023 02:01

angee

Denver was included in the 2023 NA tour that was cancelled at the last minute. See the discussion on p.19 of this thread. Why not next year?

Business is often above personal likes and dislikes.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 14, 2023 02:11

Dan
bkrancho

I would have bet this would have made the cut this year but it didn't just because it's a new stadium.

It wasn't the novelty that was an issue, but rather competing business interests, I believe. That may or may not have changed more recently, but from what I've been told, the only other serious venue possibility is out of the picture this year.

Posted by: jheying ()
Date: November 14, 2023 02:42

PetCo they've played before and it's a much a better venue

Date: November 14, 2023 02:53

jheying
PetCo they've played before and it's a much a better venue

As I said, I believe it's not in the picture.

Posted by: artedm ()
Date: November 14, 2023 04:42

big stadiums = more people
last time the stones played denver's nfl stadium in 2019 they had a reported crowd of 58,846
denver's baseball stadium might get a max capacity concert crowd of about 44,000
boulder's stadium might get a max capacity crowd of about 44,000
red rocks would be 9,525

san diego stadium was announced in 2020 and then the stadium got torn down
snapdragon stadium is new might be a max crowd of about 32,000
baseball season is on that time of year so would have to work around if you think will play a baseball stadium

Date: November 14, 2023 05:40

artedm
last time the stones played denver's nfl stadium in 2019 they had a reported crowd of 58,846
denver's baseball stadium might get a max capacity concert crowd of about 44,000
red rocks would be 9,525

baseball season is on that time of year so would have to work around if you think will play a baseball stadium

You realize you're talking about a band that played a 600 person club a few weeks ago, right? One that played a 6700-capacity venue on the last tour when they could have played a a stadium ten times that size 20 minutes down the road? Agreed that they will generally opt for bigger venues, but it isn't the only factor in play, and they like to mix things up, not always going back to the same places.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-14 05:40 by SecondSet.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 14, 2023 08:14

SecondSet
artedm
red rocks would be 9,525

You realize you're talking about a band that played a 600 person club a few weeks ago, right? One that played a 6700-capacity venue on the last tour when they could have played a a stadium ten times that size 20 minutes down the road? Agreed that they will generally opt for bigger venues, but it isn't the only factor in play, and they like to mix things up, not always going back to the same places.

House concert?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 14, 2023 08:33

snoopy2
SecondSet
artedm
red rocks would be 9,525

House concert?

They are welcome at my house in Perth Western Australia any time

Rod

Date: November 14, 2023 08:38

SecondSet
Dan
bkrancho

It wasn't the novelty that was an issue, but rather competing business interests, I believe. That may or may not have changed more recently, but from what I've been told, the only other serious venue possibility is out of the picture this year.

It did not change recently. It isn't happening, I'm confident.

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: November 14, 2023 11:38

RisingStone
angee

Denver was included in the 2023 NA tour that was cancelled at the last minute. See the discussion on p.19 of this thread. Why not next year?

Just to remind you all - there was no tour announced last year and nothing was cancelled at the last time (nor any other way).

And Denver IS on the list.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 14, 2023 11:55

SecondSet
Topi
Looks like the thread has a revised title!

BV mentioned spring and early summer. This is consistent with what I had been hearing about a tour in April-June.

The lawyer in me still thinks they're mainly going to make up for the 2023 shows they were supposed (remember, Ronnie said: "committed") to play, with some added dates/changes. We'll see.

I wouldn't opine as to cancellation clauses, but if my old friend of friends from Harvard LB is still reading, perhaps she could weigh in?

Yeah, I don't think of it as cancellation per se, but rather an amendment of an existing contract / preliminary agreement so as to just postpone the planned 2023 tour to 2024 (and add a few shows to it while you're at it). Remember BV said they tried to reschedule it for the fall of 2023 but couldn't. In some interviews other tours (and "the lag in vinyl pressing") were mentioned as reasons.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 14, 2023 12:38

I’ve seen a date named on Shidoobee Facebook Tour annouchment November 22 and pre-sale on November 29 2023. And on Love You Live Facebook the earlier named Tour from April 24 till July 17 of 2024. Both reliable sources.

The dates on the named Facebook pages are from the owner of that pages, not from random visitors such as I am. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-14 14:29 by bv.

Date: November 14, 2023 13:59

The calm before the storm...

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 14, 2023 14:04

MonicaDe
RisingStone
angee

Just to remind you all - there was no tour announced last year and nothing was cancelled at the last time (nor any other way).

And Denver IS on the list.

You mean, this year?

There was a tour announced last year and it happened — it’s called the SIXTY tour and the Stones toured Europe.

I’m talking about this year, the planned US tour that was scheduled between June 6 and August 1, but shelved (or cancelled or postponed, call it whatever you like) just before the public announcement.

It included Denver according to the leaked information.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2023 14:34

The planned tour this year - 2023 - was never announced. Nothing was canceled, nothing was postponed. Simple as that.

The tour next year - 2024 - is ready to roll, but as with every tour, they have the usual stopping points. So far everything is great as it seems. We will now more soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 14, 2023 15:01

Thanks Bjornulf (bv) for your comment smiling smiley

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: November 14, 2023 15:10

Looking good. Hoping to see some teasers in the coming days. Already booked 2 refundable hotels because why not

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 14, 2023 15:21

When did they start the teasers last time? A week before the official announcement?

Date: November 14, 2023 15:42

MAF
When did they start the teasers last time? A week before the official announcement?

Usually it's about a week/few days out, yes. I think in November 2018 the first tongue ads started to appear around November 13.

[iorr.org]

Posted by: TW2019 ()
Date: November 14, 2023 15:46

2022: Teasers March 11th -> announcement March 14th

2020: Teasers February 3rd -> announcement February 6th

2019: Teasers November 16th -> announcement November 19th

Posted by: welshphil ()
Date: November 14, 2023 16:01

The New England Patriots cheerleaders wore The Stones logo at a game in Boston on Sunday Nov 4th 2018. The original date for the concert was April or May 2019, This was postponed for Micks operation. The concert eventually took place on July 7th 2019.

Posted by: Musicwinn ()
Date: November 14, 2023 16:06

Yes, I am already excited for the Hackney Diamonds' 2024 tour (or whatever it will be called), even though there is nothing official and no announcement yet. I cannot wait to hear my favorite song, 'Tumbling Dice,' live again. When I hear Tumbling Dice live, it is one of the greatest moments of my life.

Hope to meet some fellow Stones fans again next year when The Rolling Stones are back on the road.

[Keep on rolling]

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: November 14, 2023 16:18

The UK has embraced Hackney Diamonds a great deal more enthusiastically than it has been in the US. Already gone from the Top 30 albums on the Billboard 200 in its third week on release. Never getting above No.3 on the same chart. Here it Britain it is showing a great deal more staying power. Scheduled to achieve its fourth week inside the Top Ten this Friday. And with plenty of life still left in it.

Oh and the Forty Licks re-issue on vinyl continues to retain its place in the lower reaches of the album charts too. And in the process shows just how pessimistic and incorrect I was when I posted some months ago that it would sink without a trace after a couple of weeks. I'm delighted to be COMPLETELY WRONG!

My point? Why, given the considerable affection and popularity The Stones continue to receive here in their own country, do we - UK fans - always seem to get whatever is left over after the US gets first option on tours and accessibility?

I am not having a dig at our US sisters and brothers. A Stones fan is a Stones fan, wherever they live. And good luck to you ALL wherever you may be. However as a UK based fan, I am always left feeling we come slightly lower down the list when it comes to tours. No doubt someone will have done an in-depth analysis and challenge me on what I am saying. But, right or wrong, I always feel we are just a wee bit second best..

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 14, 2023 16:26

GerardHennessy
The UK has embraced Hackney Diamonds a great deal more enthusiastically than it has been in the US. Already gone from the Top 30 albums on the Billboard 200 in its third week on release. Never getting above No.3 on the same chart. Here it Britain it is showing a great deal more staying power. Scheduled to achieve its fourth week inside the Top Ten this Friday. And with plenty of life still left in it.

Oh and the Forty Licks re-issue on vinyl continues to retain its place in the lower reaches of the album charts too. And in the process shows just how pessimistic and incorrect I was when I posted some months ago that it would sink without a trace after a couple of weeks. I'm delighted to be COMPLETELY WRONG!

My point? Why, given the considerable affection and popularity The Stones continue to receive here in their own country, do we - UK fans - always seem to get whatever is left over after the US gets first option on tours and accessibility?

I am not having a dig at our US sisters and brothers. A Stones fan is a Stones fan, wherever they live. And good luck to you ALL wherever you may be. However as a UK based fan, I am always left feeling we come slightly lower down the list when it comes to tours. No doubt someone will have done an in-depth analysis and challenge me on what I am saying. But, right or wrong, I always feel we are just a wee bit second best..

all that doesn't change the fact that the US is the much bigger market.

Date: November 14, 2023 16:28

TW2019
2022: Teasers March 11th -> announcement March 14th

2020: Teasers February 3rd -> announcement February 6th

2019: Teasers November 16th -> announcement November 19th

The 2018 teasers were out a bit earlier than the 16th.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728...LastNext
Current Page: 23 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home