Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 13, 2023 17:55

I think someone may just be assuming that they're going to re-run the last PR campaign.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 13, 2023 18:01

Yes, exactly. Doesn't mean there will be a teaser campaign this week.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 13, 2023 18:05

NashvilleBlues
Louisville? Nice! Only a 2.5 hour drive!

Ya I’ve been wanting Louisville back as well.. Also I think I’m the only mentioning it so prob zero chance as it’s not on any rumour list but Birmingham would be tops!

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 13, 2023 18:13

snoopy2
NashvilleBlues

Ya I’ve been wanting Louisville back as well.. Also I think I’m the only mentioning it so prob zero chance as it’s not on any rumour list but Birmingham would be tops!

I'd take either one!

Date: November 13, 2023 18:35

Going to modify my earlier comments on San Diego - I was told that they turned one venue there down, and I believed that the alternate venue was not a possibility, but I just learned some new information that leads me to revise that opinion. I still wouldn't say I expect it, necessarily, but I would not rule it out.

If it does happen, I suspect it would be the next show after Jazzfest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-13 19:16 by SecondSet.

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: November 13, 2023 18:36

snoopy2
NashvilleBlues

I would have said that Birmingham has zero chance but today Drake announced a show here scheduled for March 2024 at Legacy Arena. So chances of Stones coming are slightly more than zero grinning smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 13, 2023 18:45

PaintMonkeyManBlack
slewan
schwonek
April 24 minus 2,5 months = beginning of February

The question is: What is more expensive? Missing out on xmas sales or the insurance fees for scheduling a tour five months in advance.

insurance, of course.
x-mas sales or not – most shows will sell out anyway. So even if the insurance costs were just one dollar announcing 2,5 month before the kick-off of the tour is the better deal

Don't forget interest rates.

200m is easily 1 - 1,5m a month if invested properly.

I can imagine insurance would be depending on the moment. The further away from the events, the less expenses are made, so there is little money to be insured anyway right?

no. As sound as you put tickets onsale you have to have signed contracts with the venues, promotors, tickets agencies, sponsors, advertising companies etc. etc. and, of course, you need an insurance for the tickets that are sold.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 13, 2023 18:47

SecondSet
Topi
babyblue
I guess Denver is at stadium they played in 2019.

Probably, yeah.

I've heard otherwise. Not Red Rocks either. About 1000 feet (300 metres) lower. Not sure it's true, but I believe it.

I can’t see them not doing Denver as it’s a major city and it is on this years list. I’ve heard that all places on this years list will most likely make it. Can’t say who told me that.

Date: November 13, 2023 19:01

slewan
and of course, you need an insurance for the tickets that are sold.

Insurance for the tickets? How do you mean?

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:02

Topi
kovach

I had tickets behind the stage in '81.

Which venue was that?

The old St. Louis Checkerdome (hockey arena).

Date: November 13, 2023 19:06

kovach
Topi
kovach

I had tickets behind the stage in '81.

Which venue was that?

The old St. Louis Checkerdome (hockey arena).

Yeah. Sorry I wasn't being clear. Since this upcoming tour will be a stadium/open air tour, there won't be seats behind the stage.

Date: November 13, 2023 19:07

babyblue
SecondSet
Topi
babyblue

Probably, yeah.

I've heard otherwise. Not Red Rocks either. About 1000 feet (300 metres) lower. Not sure it's true, but I believe it.

I can’t see them not doing Denver as it’s a major city and it is on this years list. I’ve heard that all places on this years list will most likely make it. Can’t say who told me that.

I didn't say they weren't playing the Denver area. I said I heard they were playing somewhere outside the Denver city limits, just as they do in New York, Boston, San Francisco, etc. I'm not sure it's true, but it is what I heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-13 19:12 by SecondSet.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:19

SecondSet
babyblue
SecondSet
Topi
babyblue

Probably, yeah.

I didn't say they weren't playing the Denver area. I said I heard they were playing somewhere outside the Denver city limits, just as they do in New York, Boston, San Francisco, etc. I'm not sure it's true, but it is what I heard.

Ok thanks

Date: November 13, 2023 19:37

Stones sent out another email. The teasing has begun.

"Plenty more to follow'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-13 19:38 by Topi.

Date: November 13, 2023 19:44

Topi
You know more that you let on, SecondSet! winking smiley

Maybe. I also know less.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 13, 2023 19:46

SecondSet
babyblue
SecondSet
Topi
babyblue

Probably, yeah.

There are other places than Red Rocks

Folsom Field, Boulder, CO

Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO but concert capacity is 27,000 - not sure if they would go that route if they sold 50,000 plus last time. Red Rocks makes more sense actually just because it's an iconic venue.

gawd forbid Fiddler's Green

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 13, 2023 20:22

The tour will take place largely in NFL stadiums.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 13, 2023 20:55

Woz

Not looking good for the Southeast US then, considering no Nashville (Titans) or Atlanta (Falcons) rumors.

How realistic are the Louisville (KY) rumors?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 13, 2023 21:22

Dan
There are other places than Red Rocks

Folsom Field, Boulder, CO

Folsom Field was a regular stop on Dead & Company's recent tours.

Stones played there in 1978.

Date: November 13, 2023 21:39

Woz

Any CFL stadiums? winking smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 13, 2023 22:04

UBS Arena

Date: November 13, 2023 22:11

Topi
Looks like the thread has a revised title!

BV mentioned spring and early summer. This is consistent with what I had been hearing about a tour in April-June.

The lawyer in me still thinks they're mainly going to make up for the 2023 shows they were supposed (remember, Ronnie said: "committed") to play, with some added dates/changes. We'll see.

I wouldn't opine as to cancellation clauses, but if my old friend of friends from Harvard LB is still reading, perhaps she could weigh in?

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 13, 2023 22:11

Topi
slewan

refunding people etc. means a lot of organization and comes with cost (some people who bought ticket can't make it to the postponed shows, some venues aren't available anymore/at a fitting date, a lot of people will complain, have absurd wishes and so on)

Date: November 13, 2023 22:12

JumpinJeppeFlash
UBS Arena

No

Date: November 13, 2023 22:52

I'm thinking MetLife.

Date: November 13, 2023 23:06

slewan
Topi
slewan

refunding people etc. means a lot of organization and comes with cost (some people who bought ticket can't make it to the postponed shows, some venues aren't available anymore/at a fitting date, a lot of people will complain, have absurd wishes and so on)

Oh, you're talking about the promoter's insurance policy. Got it. The artist's/band's own insurance (for cancellation/non-appearance) is a separate matter.

[www.propertycasualty360.com]

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: November 13, 2023 23:12

Topi
I'm thinking MetLife.

me too. I wish they did Metlife and then Soldier Field in Chicago.

Date: November 13, 2023 23:53

Didn't they tell us they would not return to Santa Clara after the show when the banned fireworks at the last minute? I remember hearing this somewhere. Probably at the concert in 2019.
From Shidobee on Facebook: Houston, New Orleans, Philly, Chicago, Santa Clara

So far. . .[/quote]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 14, 2023 00:05

Topi
slewan
Topi
slewan

Oh, you're talking about the promoter's insurance policy. Got it. The artist's/band's own insurance (for cancellation/non-appearance) is a separate matter.

LOL yeah The Axl Clause!

“We could have just stopped and said, ‘We’ll cancel, and hopefully we’ll get another chance,'” Angus Young said. “But we knew there would still be even a lot of insurance and legality there. Or we can look at other options, maybe. And somebody said, ‘Well, maybe we could get somebody who might guest. We might have some people who you could try out, who might be able to do the role and get you through.’ So, we had to look at those options. And then, out of the blue, we got a message that Axl Rose would help.

[www.metalcastle.net]

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 14, 2023 00:24

babyblue
SecondSet
Topi
babyblue

Probably, yeah.

babyblue, should I still "dream on" for a Nov announcement? winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2120
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home