Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 44
Re: The Rolling Stones Tour 2024
Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 11, 2023 08:23

Topi
Looks like the thread has a revised title!

BV mentioned spring and early summer. This is consistent with what I had been hearing about a tour in April-June.

The lawyer in me still thinks they're mainly going to make up for the 2023 shows they were supposed (remember, Ronnie said: "committed") to play, with some added dates/changes. We'll see.

I know Cleveland was there, do you know if Louisville was ever part of it?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 11, 2023 09:56

Louisville wasn't on the 2023 list.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 09:59 by Topi.

Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: November 11, 2023 10:04

Woz
babyblue
Woz
spunky
Will the tour be announced this year?

Yes

Definitely NO

Check back in a couple of weeks

So November 20th 2023? We will see.

Date: November 11, 2023 10:09

For the reference, these were the rumored dates for the summer tour 2023, as published here on IORR:

Jun 18 Edmonton Alberta Canada, Edmonton Commonwealth stadium (48,000)
Jun 30 Chicago IL USA, Soldier Field (50,000)
Jul 08 Foxboro (near Boston) MA USA, Gillette Stadium (50,000)
Jul 20 Cleveland OH USA Cleveland FirstEnergy Stadium (50,000)

Source: iorr.org

Date: November 11, 2023 10:19

Maybe out of context, but in Feb 2023 bv wrote:

"First of all please do not bring US domestic politics or politicians into IORR discussions.

Secondly, please do not shoot people who post here or other places. Any rumour is a valid rumour, even if it does not fit into fixed ideas about previous tours.

Thirdly, there have been rumours about venues like UBS Arena (near Queens NYC). Also, arena shows at the beginning or end of the tour may be done with a much smaller crew vs stadium shows, i.e. at a lower cost, as we have seen many many times over the years (Waldbühne 2022, Miami/Hollywood 2021, T-Mobile Arena 2016, O2 Arena 2007 etc).

Finally, I have reason to believe they are working on some sort of a combined tour, may be June to September, then they would need slightly different schedules and configurations vs in the recent past. Please keep in mind they will tour behind a new album, it does not happen that often."

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: November 11, 2023 10:28

Nellcote1971
Topi

BV mentioned spring and early summer. This is consistent with what I had been hearing about a tour in April-June.

The lawyer in me still thinks they're mainly going to make up for the 2023 shows they were supposed (remember, Ronnie said: "committed") to play, with some added dates/changes. We'll see.

Woz and bv were talking about 20 dates so I'm guessing 2023 plus some cherries on top?

My guess is since there is a new album out and another year to let demand reset they might play a few places they otherwise would have skipped last year like LA and Las Vegas. Then add Jazzfest, another random stadium date and possibly Hard Rock again in Florida or even Mexico City x 2 and you have 20 dates.

Date: November 11, 2023 10:32

Nellcote1971
Topi

Woz and bv were talking about 20 dates so I'm guessing 2023 plus some cherries on top?

Could be. The 2023 list had 14 shows in 13 cities.

Date: November 11, 2023 10:38

schwonek
For the reference, these were the rumored dates for the summer tour 2023, as published here on IORR:

The tour start date was June 6th in Glendale and the end date was August 1 in Philly. BV mentioned both of those here as well. [iorr.org]

And we all remember the Philly date got accidentally published on Ticketmaster for a brief moment in February.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 10:39 by Topi.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: November 11, 2023 11:18

Don’t count out a short Aussie tour before the US dates.
Been hearing late April in Melbourne as a rumour.
I will be torn as I am out of the country all April.

Date: November 11, 2023 11:56

Deathgod

Late April in Melbourne and JazzFest on May 2?

Doubtful.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 11, 2023 11:57

Deathgod

I’ll hold u to this!!!! lol. Save me going to the US!!

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 14:32 by bitusa2012.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 11, 2023 17:32

Topi

I'm not sure of the first or last date, but think it starts in late April and runs into July.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 17:39 by SecondSet.

Date: November 11, 2023 17:49

Nellcote1971
Topi

I've got some guesses of what those cherries might be. What I'd like to know is whether any of them are cities that were played on the '21 tour. I would tend to think not, but think one or two of the bigger markets could make it. A related question is whether they'll be back to serve one of them later in the year, which I think quite possible.

Date: November 11, 2023 17:56

SecondSet
Topi

I'm not sure of the first or last date, but think it starts in late April and runs into July.

Makes sense considering the off days needed between shows + the usual mid-tour bye week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 17:58 by Topi.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 11, 2023 18:15

SecondSet
Nellcote1971
Topi

I've got some guesses of what those cherries might be. What I'd like to know is whether any of them are cities that were played on the '21 tour. I would tend to think not, but think one or two of the bigger markets could make it. A related question is whether they'll be back to serve one of them later in the year, which I think quite possible.

C’mon Nashville! drinking smiley

No way would I be lucky enough to get a ticket or rich enough to afford a resold one, but The Ryman would be a transcendent place for The Stones to play. The acoustics. The intimacy. The history. The country music ties. It’s almost too perfect. And a concert film of it? Please someone make this happen!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 18:21 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 11, 2023 18:26

You can always get a ticket to a stadium show - eventually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 18:27 by Topi.

Date: November 11, 2023 18:55

Topi

Most shows in 2021 were 75% full (regardless of boxscores posting sellouts). Things picked up a bit in 22/23, I think everyone opened up too soon, I know a lot of Stones fans who stayed locked down that tour. I know one who still hasn't gone outside.

At least they have a multigenerational fan base. Geezers aren't coming out in the same numbers as they were prepandemic. Yet the bands aren't going away even as individual members drop off. Expect 90% of the bands who ever existed to be on the road in 2024.

On top of that I expect a major price bump over past tours. Part of the reason they might be considering 20 instead of 14 is the jump in expenses as well as hiring / retaining staff might mean they have to do more shows. That also squeezes demand.

Just speculation but supply demand issues and production cost increases are real. Also industry speculation another concert crash might be coming. High prices, too many bands on the road and squeezes on disposable income.

Date: November 11, 2023 20:58

Topi

I know. But The Ryman holds only 2,300.

Elite venue. Check out a show next time you’re in Nashville. You won’t regret it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 21:00 by NashvilleBlues.

Date: November 11, 2023 21:04

Dan
Topi

Most shows in 2021 were 75% full (regardless of boxscores posting sellouts). Things picked up a bit in 22/23, I think everyone opened up too soon, I know a lot of Stones fans who stayed locked down that tour. I know one who still hasn't gone outside.

At least they have a multigenerational fan base. Geezers aren't coming out in the same numbers as they were prepandemic. Yet the bands aren't going away even as individual members drop off. Expect 90% of the bands who ever existed to be on the road in 2024.

On top of that I expect a major price bump over past tours. Part of the reason they might be considering 20 instead of 14 is the jump in expenses as well as hiring / retaining staff might mean they have to do more shows. That also squeezes demand.

Just speculation but supply demand issues and production cost increases are real. Also industry speculation another concert crash might be coming. High prices, too many bands on the road and squeezes on disposable income.

I could see a 30%-40% jump in prices compared to the 2019 US tour. $500 pits become $700, $100 nosebleeds become $135 and so on. I’ll be LD-ing it so it won’t matter to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 21:06 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 11, 2023 21:07

NashvilleBlues
Dan
Topi

I could see a 30%-40% jump in prices compared to the 2019 US tour. $500 pits become $700, $100 nosebleeds become $135 and so on. I’ll be LD-ing it so it won’t matter to me.

Yeah but think about it, those $25 tickets now go to $35. Staggering increase in price!

Date: November 11, 2023 21:24

treaclefingers
NashvilleBlues
Dan
Topi

Yeah but think about it, those $25 tickets now go to $35. Staggering increase in price!

Do they have a payment plan for the LDs? winking smiley

Date: November 11, 2023 21:50

Sorry I missed the Ryman part.

I was actually going to go to Nashville in 2020, but somebody decided to eat a bat.

We'll see what happens, but alas, Nashville was not among the cities on the planned 2023 tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-11 21:51 by Topi.

Date: November 11, 2023 22:09

NashvilleBlues
Dan
Topi

I always treat LD's as a pleasant surprise but never just assume they are in the cards every time.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 12, 2023 00:07

Topi
schwonek

The tour start date was June 6th in Glendale and the end date was August 1 in Philly. BV mentioned both of those here as well. [iorr.org]

And we all remember the Philly date got accidentally published on Ticketmaster for a brief moment in February.

Add in San Francisco or another Bay Area city, Seattle, Vancouver, Denver, 2 in the NYC area (probably East Rutherford), I believe Houston and that is 13 of the 14. There was talk of that small show in Missouri, but I don’t know if that was the 14th show or a potential 15th show after Philadelphia. Topi, can you share what the potential missing city was?

Date: November 12, 2023 01:05

Halup
Topi
schwonek

Add in San Francisco or another Bay Area city, Seattle, Vancouver, Denver, 2 in the NYC area (probably East Rutherford), I believe Houston and that is 13 of the 14. There was talk of that small show in Missouri, but I don’t know if that was the 14th show or a potential 15th show after Philadelphia. Topi, can you share what the potential missing city was?

That Missouri city I thought was like Branson but there is some massive field where Garth Brooks played but it was also a total clusterfuck with fans unable to get in. Then again so was Stones Austin and that didn't stop them from booking additional shows there.

[www.ky3.com]

Posted by: 2120Joe ()
Date: November 12, 2023 02:07

I would love to see them at the Sphere in LasVegas: 1) great sound, no more stacks of big black speakers, speakers are everywhere and 2) great screens. Stones have been at the big display forefront forever. These are the greatest in modern technology. Think the most realistic background that fits a song, ie fire for Sympathy, but taken to the highest quality and surround display. And fits in without distraction.

Of course I’ll go anywhere and hope to see about a dozen shows this year.

Date: November 12, 2023 04:24

Sphere isn't going to happen

Date: November 12, 2023 09:37

Halup
Topi
schwonek

It was Ridgedale. BV mentioned it here on the forum. [iorr.org]

You nailed it, BTW. San Francisco was in. It was supposed to be the second show on the tour.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-12 12:11 by Topi.

Date: November 12, 2023 13:09

Topi

Even if you miss the first few songs. #munich

Date: November 12, 2023 13:24

schwonek
Topi

Even if you miss the first few songs. #munich

LOL, that was another matter - an example of Germsn Lucky Dip distribution efficiency at its finest!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1845
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home