Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 6, 2023 19:11

The search engine isn't great. I know there's a set list thread, but I couldn't find it after a short search. Anyway...

Here's hoping they play all of the HD songs live in 2024. They could do it during a 14-show tour by playing a different HD song in the same slot every show. Realistic? Maybe not, but I think it'd be cool.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 6, 2023 20:16

NashvilleBlues
The search engine isn't great. I know there's a set list thread, but I couldn't find it after a short search. Anyway...

Here's hoping they play all of the HD songs live in 2024. They could do it during a 14-show tour by playing a different HD song in the same slot every show. Realistic? Maybe not, but I think it'd be cool.

You don't need any search engine to find the the most important items on IORR. Just see the home page, and links like this one:

Forum links
of interest

One of the links here are this one:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 6, 2023 21:09

Thanks BV.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 6, 2023 23:55

babyblue
Woz
spunky
Will the tour be announced this year?

Yes

Definitely NO

Check back in a couple of weeks

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: November 7, 2023 00:01

Woz
babyblue
Woz
spunky
Will the tour be announced this year?

Yes

Definitely NO

Check back in a couple of weeks

Excuse me, is it insider information or something?

Date: November 7, 2023 03:43

Woz previously shared some info about Racket's show and the upcoming tour, so I think it's reliable. Also makes sense for Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 7, 2023 07:32

Totally does if they intend to target the holiday market.

US Thanksgiving is in a couple of weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-07 17:45 by Topi.

Date: November 7, 2023 13:30

[Deleted]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-07 14:02 by Topi.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:37

Topi
Madrid 3rd show added

What?

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:38

Topi
Madrid 3rd show added

Madrid, NY? winking smiley

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 7, 2023 13:57

Wrong topic must be Bruce Springsteen.

Date: November 7, 2023 14:02

Right! My apologies.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: November 7, 2023 14:19

Yep, quite a few stadiums and open air venues are blocked in Europe next year by Stringsteen, Rammstein, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran...

Date: November 7, 2023 14:52

MAF
Yep, quite a few stadiums and open air venues are blocked in Europe next year by Stringsteen, Rammstein, Coldplay, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran...

And Euro's in Germany

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: November 7, 2023 15:37

PaintMonkeyManBlack
MAF

And Euro's in Germany

and Olympics in Paris

Europe will be quite overcrowded next summer (and most likely there will also be a lack crews, roadies etc.).
So if the Stones want to tour Europe next year the only option might be a tour in (early) autumn

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-07 15:41 by slewan.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 7, 2023 17:37

Topi
Totally does if they intend to target the holiday market.

US Thanksgiving ia in a couple of weeks.

And is not consistent with the suggestion that a tour was to be announced with no warning last week.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: November 8, 2023 05:07

Who said they were announcing a tour last week?

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: November 8, 2023 16:01

hymenlips

Everyone but you

Date: November 8, 2023 16:35

hymenlips

Sorry, was your contact suggesting that a tour promoter/ticket seller was going to hold a press conference for some other 100%-Stones-related purpose? What would that be?

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: November 8, 2023 18:15

PC was about Stones date in Chicago. Nothing about tour reveal. Was supposed to be attended by some important people in Chi. Didn’t happen. Oh well. Doesn’t mean the info was wrong. Just meant it didn’t happen. Just like if the date changes,doesn’t mean it wasn’t the plan. You have disputed EVERYTHING I have said. I’ll keep my info to myself going forward.

Date: November 8, 2023 18:38

hymenlips
PC was about Stones date in Chicago. Nothing about tour reveal. Was supposed to be attended by some important people in Chi. Didn’t happen. Oh well. Doesn’t mean the info was wrong. Just meant it didn’t happen. Just like if the date changes,doesn’t mean it wasn’t the plan. You have disputed EVERYTHING I have said. I’ll keep my info to myself going forward.

Some of us appreciate it. Especially me because I live in Chicago.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 8, 2023 19:36

I also live in Illinois and appreciate the info. Don't understand why some people want to waste so much effort trying to discredit people. My brother in law works for Ticketmaster so I understand how inside info works and how plans change. My brother in law is dead on accurate 85% of the time. The 15% he isn't I don't hold it against him.

Date: November 8, 2023 20:19

TumblinDice76
I also live in Illinois and appreciate the info. Don't understand why some people want to waste so much effort trying to discredit people. My brother in law works for Ticketmaster so I understand how inside info works and how plans change. My brother in law is dead on accurate 85% of the time. The 15% he isn't I don't hold it against him.

Where in Illinois? Some ppl are just negative!

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: November 8, 2023 20:28

Peoria

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 8, 2023 20:41

Please talk and post with respect. If you do not agree with somebody, there is no need to insult or being a bully. We are all fans. Thank your.

There are talks about twenty or so shows during Spring and early summer in North America. Since this is still half a year from now, many things may happen from now until an announcement is being made.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-08 20:41 by bv.

Posted by: snoopy2 ()
Date: November 8, 2023 21:12

bv
Please talk and post with respect. If you do not agree with somebody, there is no need to insult or being a bully. We are all fans. Thank your.

There are talks about twenty or so shows during Spring and early summer in North America. Since this is still half a year from now, many things may happen from now until an announcement is being made.

20! Wow

Date: November 8, 2023 22:28

hymenlips

I haven't "disputed EVERYTHING” you've said, and I’m not sure I’ve “disputed” anything you’ve said actually. Rather, I've only raised questions about what didn't and still doesn't quite make sense to me. And since bv mentioned "respect," I'll add that I've never called anyone here a "such a little @#$%&" as you did in just your 13th post on this forum several weeks ago.

I did not "dispute" your first post here nine months ago stating that there would be a Soldier Field date on 6/30 this year, even as many others raised questions, noting that it was the same weekend as the big NASCAR race and attendant street closures. Nor did I raise any questions when you went on to cite as indicia of your reliability other shows that were previously-announced or widely-expected. Nor did I raise any questions a month later when, after it was known elsewhere that the tour had been postponed, you added the same and supplemented your comments with an indication that Soldier Field had also postponed or canceled two other unannounced events.

Not did I "dispute" your posts here several weeks ago indicating that the show would be made up this year, as I already expected, or your follow-up two weeks ago specifying the same date as last year. Indeed, I believed them, or wanted to, despite my general disinclination to believe something simply because someone posted it on the internet. And I remain prepared to believe them today.

What raised my antennae, however, and inclined me towards some additional tire-kicking, was your follow-up indication that your contact said that Live Nation had canceled a press conference about the Stones. As I've already said, that didn't and doesn't make sense to me - LN rival AEG is the tour promoter - and I don't think it should make sense to others either.

Still, I didn't "dispute" your contact's claim per se - I never said it was false - even while saying that I had an indication that might point to an alternate date that I acknowledged could be wrong. Rather, I raised the question and waited to see if there was a satisfactory answer. The same went and still goes for the idea that a press conference would be held to announce a single show on a tour that won't be announced until several weeks hence. While I could come up with a possible explanation for that on my own, I haven't seen a good one from you yet any more than I did to the previous question.

Which, again, is not an assertion that the claim is false, only a reiteration that I have outstanding questions and think you should share them rather than asking us to take the word of the contact of a random anonymous person, getting defensive, suggesting that I am responsible for supplying competing intelligence, and threatening to take your ball and go home.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-08 22:29 by SecondSet.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 8, 2023 22:37

snoopy2
bv

20! Wow

New era indeed !!

Bring on JazzFest!!!
More shows, new music, going to be an epic tour smileys with beer

Posted by: Madcap ()
Date: November 8, 2023 22:40

I'm also in the Chicago area! Not going to lie, there are some shows that I want to see on 5/31 and 6/1 that are going onsale on Friday and part of me is thinking I should wait to buy tickets for anything local in May/June until the Stones dates are out!

Date: November 9, 2023 01:03

us 2024 tour, bring it on! Hope i can cross the ocean and catch a 2 gigs!

What a time to be alive

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1530
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home