Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: November 2, 2023 23:07

Topi
Thanks for the intel re: Chitown.

I missed this! Info, please!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: November 2, 2023 23:12

dkwalika
Topi

Just read hymenlips' posts in this thread. The gist of it is that the Stones have a venue hold in Chicago for June 30.

Date: November 2, 2023 23:14

Won’t happen but I wish they would announce the tour with tickets on sale before the holidays. Tickets to a Stones concert is a great X-Mas present.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 2, 2023 23:19

Topi
dkwalika
Topi

Just read hymenlips' posts in this thread. The gist of it is that the Stones have a venue hold in Chicago for June 30.

I have reason to believe the date is wrong.

Date: November 2, 2023 23:26

SecondSet
Topi
dkwalika
Topi

What venue, and what other date do you think it might be? My daughter and her family are the next in line to see the boys, and we will, too, of course.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: November 2, 2023 23:33

SecondSet
hymenlips
I have no clue if they were going to announce the whole tour today. I can tell you with 100% certainty, there was going to be an announcement at Soldier Field today. Believe it or don’t believe it it doesn’t matter. It could have been AEG but he/she misspoke.

And do you have any reason to believe that it would have had anything to do with the Rolling Stones?
100%.

Date: November 2, 2023 23:37

SecondSet
Topi
dkwalika
Topi

Why do you think the date is wrong?

Date: November 2, 2023 23:40

dkwalika
SecondSet
Topi
dkwalika
Topi

What venue, and what other date do you think it might be? My daughter and her family are the next in line to see the boys, and we will, too, of course.

I didn't say I thought it might be another venue - I don't. Not going to share the other date, sorry, which could very well be wrong.

Date: November 2, 2023 23:45

Secondset I have to say, you are something special. Good Lord

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 3, 2023 00:04

Anyway, thanks hymenlips for sharing info with us once again. Some of us DO appreciate it.

Date: November 3, 2023 00:33

I appreciate information that is reliable. "Hymenlips" may very well be, despite his reference to the wrong tour promoter, but I don't know that I have any solid basis on which to judge, other than, perhaps, the appearance that bv credited his post earlier this year. In a vacuum, I could read more than one piece of public information to suggest that another date in the same month is likelier, but that information may very well be misleading or irrelevant.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: November 3, 2023 02:09

SecondSet
I appreciate information that is reliable. "Hymenlips" may very well be, despite his reference to the wrong tour promoter, but I don't know that I have any solid basis on which to judge, other than, perhaps, the appearance that bv credited his post earlier this year. In a vacuum, I could read more than one piece of public information to suggest that another date in the same month is likelier, but that information may very well be misleading or irrelevant.

There was nothing reliable about your post regarding the recent gig in NYC. You posted the address of a tennis club called the Racquet Club on Park Ave in the 50’s when the gig was at Racket on West 16th Street.

Date: November 3, 2023 02:10

nellcote'71
SecondSet

There was nothing reliable about your post regarding the recent gig in NYC. You posted the address of a tennis club called the Racquet Club on Park Ave in the 50’s when the gig was at Racket on West 16th Street.

I'm sorry you misunderstood what should have been a fairly obvious joke, intended to identify someone's potentially-misleading spelling mistake, as well as to have a bit of fun with repeated questions about something that was already well-established.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-03 02:13 by SecondSet.

Date: November 3, 2023 03:58

SecondSet. Who sells the tix? Won’t it be LN/TM?

Date: November 3, 2023 04:31

I already discussed this on the previous page, but I'll supplement my remarks there with this link: [www.axs.com]

Date: November 3, 2023 05:24

Thanks but my Strait tix were through TM at SF? Oh well. I guess we will have to wait and see. If I get any more info, I will pass it along.

Date: November 3, 2023 05:43

I didn't say that TM wouldn't sell tickets, I said that it would be unlikely to host a press conference announcing a tour promoted by a rival whose affiliate manages the venue, allowing it to sell tickets through a wholly-owned rival. I'll add that I'm not sure it's likely that anyone would host a press conference announcing the tour.

Date: November 3, 2023 05:54

So if TM/LN are the ones selling tix maybe I was correct that they decided they weren’t ready quite yet or maybe it was AEG?

Date: November 3, 2023 06:13

hymenlips
So if TM/LN are the ones selling tix maybe I was correct that they decided they weren’t ready quite yet or maybe it was AEG?

Lots of things could have happened, especially when they don't happen. A press conference in Chicago is far likelier to involve LN, which has an office there, than AEG, which does not. That doesn't answer my question about why LN would host a press conference announcing an AEG tour. I'm not saying that there isn't a good answer to that question, but if there is one, I'd like to hear it.

Date: November 3, 2023 06:43

Also, even assuming LN was for some reason going to announce an AEG tour, there is zero chance they were going to do so on the same day they announced their own Green Day stadium tour, as planned at least two weeks ago.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 3, 2023 07:23

SecondSet
Also, even assuming LN was for some reason going to announce an AEG tour, there is zero chance they were going to do so on the same day they announced their own Green Day stadium tour, as planned at least two weeks ago.

SecondSet where's the official tour announcement from The Stones...

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 3, 2023 17:09

smoking smiley

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: November 5, 2023 13:38

On Ticketbande we all can see the list of the European venues in 2024

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 5, 2023 14:09

Ticketbande - your ticket search portal for the secondary market.

[www.ticketbande.com]

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 5, 2023 15:05

1963luca0
On Ticketbande we all can see the list of the European venues in 2024[/quote

8 dates listed in Deutschland means this site can be instantly dismissed if we are talking about outdoor gigs. The Euros are on next summer and that will take priority.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-05 15:10 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 5, 2023 15:41

bye bye johnny

[www.ticketbande.com]

Sorry but this site is just a reseller. These dates are purely there to get people register at their site. We can clearly ignore this website. The Stones stated themselves they'll tour the US next year.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: November 5, 2023 16:40

hockenheim95
bye bye johnny

[www.ticketbande.com]

Sorry but this site is just a reseller. These dates are purely there to get people register at their site.

Exactly.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 6, 2023 01:29

spunky
Will the tour be announced this year?

Yes

Date: November 6, 2023 01:37

RE: Chicago, Green Day (with Smashing Pumpkins!) is playing Wrigley Field on Tuesday, 13 August 2024. Some here have said baseball parks aren't good for concert, but I've seen Dead and Co. (2 times) and Springsteen at Wrigley the last two years and the sound and sight lines were fine (upper deck) with the huge video displays (for us old-timers).

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 6, 2023 04:45

Woz
spunky
Will the tour be announced this year?

Yes

Definitely NO

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-06 04:47 by babyblue.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920...LastNext
Current Page: 15 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home