Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: November 2, 2023 20:21

And, again, let's get real, guys. They tour in June and July these days. I wouldn't expect an official tour announcement till Spring 2024. Relax.

Date: November 2, 2023 20:23

BeastyBurdeny
babyblue
hymenlips
Chicago press conference tomorrow has been canceled.

What’s this all about? Explain plz

Sounds like a November tour announcement, like I suggested as a possibility earlier...

Can't wait smileys with beer

Date: November 2, 2023 20:28

DiegoGlimmerStones
BeastyBurdeny
babyblue
hymenlips
Chicago press conference tomorrow has been canceled.

What’s this all about? Explain plz

Sounds like a November tour announcement, like I suggested as a possibility earlier...

Can't wait smileys with beer

Then what? Touring in January and February? In the US? In freezing weather? Doubtful.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: November 2, 2023 20:30

They announced the 2019 No Filter tour in late Nov for a late April start... not sure why this is so unrealistic to some people.

Date: November 2, 2023 20:34

Yeah, hopefully we can expect a tour announcement this fall/winter, as it was recently rumored to start in late spring
[iorr.org]

Posted by: Nellcote1971 ()
Date: November 2, 2023 20:39

They can easily start in late April/early May (Jazz fest extra date, anybody?) as they initially planned in 2019 and play Chicago 06/30 at the end of the tour.

NashvilleBlues
And, again, let's get real, guys. They tour in June and July these days. I wouldn't expect an official tour announcement till Spring 2024. Relax.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 2, 2023 20:45

It's early, but people buy tix for Xmas gifts so they may want to hitch onto that--also the album is still new so it will be a good way to cross-sell the record.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: November 2, 2023 20:47

NashvilleBlues
SecondSet
What would Live Nation have to do with a Stones tour?

They merged with TicketMaster years ago. TM does the tickets, LN owns the venues, if I'm not mistaken. Almost impossible to avoid TM or LN when touring. So, touring and TM/LN are nearly inseparable.

The tour is promoted by AEG, LN's rival, and while TM may handle ticketing at some venues, I don't believe that Soldier Field would be one of them, as you can read here.

[www.billboard.com]

Either way, the tour would not be announced by LN.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-02 20:48 by SecondSet.

Posted by: hymenlips ()
Date: November 2, 2023 21:28

Just telling you what I heard. Believe it, don’t believe it, it doesn’t matter. They are touring just won’t be announced today.

Date: November 2, 2023 21:29

I'm well aware that they're going to tour, with AEG. I had no expectation that it would be announced today. I still want to know what a Live Nation press conference would have to do with it.

Date: November 2, 2023 21:33

I was told Live Nation didn’t want it announced yet. Maybe he/she meant AEG. Either way, you sound like you have the hookup with AEG, so we will be eagerly awaiting your info.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: November 2, 2023 21:34

Will the tour be announced this year?

Date: November 2, 2023 21:36

hymenlips
I was told Live Nation didn’t want it announced yet. Maybe he/she meant AEG. Either way, you sound like you have the hookup with AEG, so we will be eagerly awaiting your info.

It does not take a "hookup" to know that Stones tours are promoted by AEG and not LN, and I've not indicated that I have any info to share.

Were a tour to be have been announced today, I'm fairly confident we would have heard about it from several other quarters, including official ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-02 21:38 by SecondSet.

Date: November 2, 2023 21:47

I have no clue if they were going to announce the whole tour today. I can tell you with 100% certainty, there was going to be an announcement at Soldier Field today. Believe it or don’t believe it it doesn’t matter. It could have been AEG but he/she misspoke.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 2, 2023 21:51

spunky
Will the tour be announced this year?

a what, what tour announcement are us backwater colonials missing something here, not as much as a tour rumour downhere...

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: November 2, 2023 22:07

BeastyBurdeny
They announced the 2019 No Filter tour in late Nov for a late April start... not sure why this is so unrealistic to some people.

But the tour didn't start till June 21.

Posted by: JDSAM1994 ()
Date: November 2, 2023 22:08

hymenlips
I have no clue if they were going to announce the whole tour today. I can tell you with 100% certainty, there was going to be an announcement at Soldier Field today. Believe it or don’t believe it it doesn’t matter. It could have been AEG but he/she misspoke.

Does that mean the band was going to be there?

Date: November 2, 2023 22:09

NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

Was supposed to start in April Miami

Date: November 2, 2023 22:10

hymenlips

I appreciate you letting us know.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 2, 2023 22:13

NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

The 2019 tour did start in 2019 but was postponed by two months. And I think they learned from that not to announce that early.

Date: November 2, 2023 22:13

JDSAM1994
NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

I can read. Facts are it started June 21. They were supposed to make an announcement at Soldier Field today. Did they?

Date: November 2, 2023 22:15

NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

APRIL 2019

20 – Hard Rock Stadium MIAMI, FL

24 – TIAA Bank Field JACKSONVILLE, FL

28 – NRG Stadium HOUSTON, TX

MAY 2019

07 – State Farm Stadium GLENDALE, AZ

11 – The Rose Bowl PASADENA, CA

18 – Levi’s® Stadium SANTA CLARA, CA

22 – CenturyLink Field SEATTLE, WA

26 – Broncos Stadium At Mile High DENVER, CO

31 – FedExField WASHINGTON, DC

JUNE 2019

04 – Lincoln Financial Field PHILADELPHIA, PA

08 – Gillette Stadium FOXBOROUGH, MA

13 – MetLife Stadium EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

21 – Soldier Field CHICAGO, IL

Mick Jagger had to have a tavi procedure and the start of the tour was delayed after the official announcement due to his recovery.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-11-02 22:17 by BeastyBurdeny.

Date: November 2, 2023 22:15

NashvilleBlues
JDSAM1994
NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

I can read. Facts are it started June 21. They were supposed to make an announcement at Soldier Field today. Did they?

Apparently I cant! Sometimes I miss quoted messages

Date: November 2, 2023 22:19

hockenheim95
NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

The 2019 tour did start in 2019 but was postponed by two months. And I think they learned from that not to announce that early.

My thoughts too. Hell, I'm not an insider, but I know how old the Stones are and I've heard by some that say they're in the know, that they won't announce a tour more than a couple of months before it starts, for obvious health risks. Will they tour in April? Possibly, but announcing it 5 months before the start (November-April is 5 months) of the tour seems unlikely. Seems like a lot of wishful thinking going on here. Hope I'm wrong. I hope the tour starts tomorrow, but I'm trying to be realistic.

Date: November 2, 2023 22:20

BeastyBurdeny
NashvilleBlues
BeastyBurdeny

APRIL 2019

20 – Hard Rock Stadium MIAMI, FL

24 – TIAA Bank Field JACKSONVILLE, FL

28 – NRG Stadium HOUSTON, TX

MAY 2019

07 – State Farm Stadium GLENDALE, AZ

11 – The Rose Bowl PASADENA, CA

18 – Levi’s® Stadium SANTA CLARA, CA

22 – CenturyLink Field SEATTLE, WA

26 – Broncos Stadium At Mile High DENVER, CO

31 – FedExField WASHINGTON, DC

JUNE 2019

04 – Lincoln Financial Field PHILADELPHIA, PA

08 – Gillette Stadium FOXBOROUGH, MA

13 – MetLife Stadium EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

21 – Soldier Field CHICAGO, IL

Mick Jagger had to have a tavi procedure and the start of the tour was delayed after the official announcement due to his recovery.

True.

Date: November 2, 2023 22:25

It makes no difference to me whether they announce the tour this month or in feb/march, I just think stranger things have happened and it is in fact possible. I'm just happy if they hit the road again at all, so that we can hear some of this new music live and enjoy the show once more (hopefully not for the last time)

Date: November 2, 2023 22:37

The 2019 tour was announced five months in advance.
The 2020 tour was announced three months in advance.
The 2015 and 2021 tours were announced two months in advance, or less.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 2, 2023 22:38

smoking smiley

Date: November 2, 2023 22:44

hymenlips

And do you have any reason to believe that it would have had anything to do with the Rolling Stones?

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 2, 2023 22:57

I think more probably they will announce tour Feb/Mar with a June start.They don’t announce a tour few months before starting well not these days. They have to be given the ok by the doctors. Then there’s the rehearsals. I’m sure the dates for next year are all booked including their hotels etc. The band will announce when they feel fit to & all the important matters are done.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...910111213141516171819...LastNext
Current Page: 14 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2233
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home