Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 2, 2023 14:13

So if they largely stick to the formula of recent years, would that likely mean Europe 2025 ? (If USA 2024 that is) ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: October 2, 2023 15:40

paulywaul

So if they largely stick to the formula of recent years, would that likely mean Europe 2025 ?

Could also be other markets in 2025 and Europe after that.

Why is Ian Stuart not to be seen in most of the tour material?
Posted by: RawIguanaCologne ()
Date: October 2, 2023 16:10

I wonder how this happened, as the Stones toured in the 60s and 70s when they worked with smaller settings than stadium stages.
He could not have been hidden behind or under the stage.
So where is he? Or did he play only occasionally ??

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: October 2, 2023 17:29

Irix
paulywaul

So if they largely stick to the formula of recent years, would that likely mean Europe 2025 ?

Where do you see them playing in 2026?

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: October 2, 2023 18:33

Some of you are hilarious. 2025? Let’s wait for a 2024 tour first. Father Time is undefeated.

Date: October 2, 2023 18:58

NashvilleBlues
Some of you are hilarious. 2025? Let’s wait for a 2024 tour first. Father Time is undefeated.

100% this.

Date: October 2, 2023 19:15

Topi

Dunno. It was just a remark that there're fans in other parts of the world who saw them the last time 8-10 years ago (when it's 2024).

Date: October 2, 2023 19:27

Err, sure, there're and here're. Mick mentioned in a recent interview to a Finnish newspaper that he would like to come back to Finland...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-02 20:58 by Topi.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 2, 2023 20:43

NashvilleBlues

At last, a note of common sense. Well said. And not alone 2025. There is mention by someone else of 2026. Its almost like time has been paused. Everything is all 1980 again. Or whatever.

Even Jagger can't keep going forever. Much less Keith and Ronnie.

On another strand referencing Hackney Diamonds there are increasing references to the NEXT album following. And even ANOTHER one again after that.

Lets just enjoy what we have good people. We are getting the new studio album of originals we have all wanted. Its not even released yet. And we may well have a tour somewhere next year.

Whatever may or may not happen after that is something to consider further down the line...

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 3, 2023 02:30

paulywaul
So if they largely stick to the formula of recent years, would that likely mean Europe 2025 ? (If USA 2024 that is) ?

Hey let’s get thru the 2024 tour first, after that if health permits etc
One day at a time. They will be 81 next year. I would like to see them continue but as the newspaper have said time is not on their side now. We’ll see be patient.

Re: Stones
Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: October 3, 2023 03:04

hymenlips
I have some info about next year. I know they have a hold on a stadium in late June.

If this is correct, unlike the show scheduled this summer, I believe it would be separate from the NASCAR race weekend, which is reported to be July 6-7, though that could be subject to change.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: October 3, 2023 04:07

The contract does not set those dates in stone, however

[www.scribd.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 3, 2023 13:12

Topi
Irix
paulywaul

Not sure I do see them playing in 2026 ? A bit too far ahead to even consider things like that, me thinks !

I can see 2024, 2025 at a stretch. But 2026 ? Lets get 2024 done first ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 3, 2023 13:57

Yeah, I was actually asking Irix that question.

It has to end someday, and we're already on borrowed time. Many on this thread have said that we cannot take any future shows/tours for granted when it comes to 80-year olds. And that is true.

That said, fingers crossed for that 2024 US tour that seems to be the word around the campfire at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-03 13:59 by Topi.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: October 3, 2023 15:56

We have been so blessed since 2012 when the more or less annual tours began.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: October 3, 2023 16:43

anything else than first USA, then UK/Europe (and then maybe somewhere else) would surprise me. I know it might get boring but I repeat my point once again: With not too many shows left before they have to stop touring they surely will concentrate on their biggest markets.

('not too many shows left' = if they do some 14-15 shows each year it's realistic that they won't do more than 50 shows)

maybe there might be a slight possibility that they might do shows in the US and UK/Europe next year to promote the new album

Posted by: keefmick ()
Date: October 3, 2023 18:34

Topi,

Do you think if they do the USA in 24, South America in 25, Europe again in 26, Japan and rest of Asia in 27, that they will then return to the USA in 28? It will certainly be their turn again.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 3, 2023 19:02

Topi

It has to end someday, and we're already on borrowed time. Many on this thread have said that we cannot take any future shows/tours for granted when it comes to 80-year olds. And that is true.

That said, fingers crossed for that 2024 US tour that seems to be the word around the campfire at the moment.

I think if Mick had the intention to continue touring with the Stones he would have squeezed in a dozen shows this year, or at least got the band together to do something, there are a lot of crew members out of a job this year.

BV mentioned in this very thread there are no plans to tour as yet, so why people start discussing where and when the Stones will tour in 2025 is beyond me.
It becomes increasingly unlikely with each passing month that they will ever tour now Mick and Keith both reach 80 this year.

Fingers crossed though as this band continue to defy logic.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: October 3, 2023 19:28

keefriffhards
Topi

I think if Mick had the intention to continue touring with the Stones he would have squeezed in a dozen shows this year, or at least got the band together to do something, there are a lot of crew members out of a job this year.

BV mentioned in this very thread there are no plans to tour as yet, so why people start discussing where and when the Stones will tour in 2025 is beyond me.
It becomes increasingly unlikely with each passing month that they will ever tour now Mick and Keith both reach 80 this year.

Fingers crossed though as this band continue to defy logic.

Well, in an interview on Dutch tv last week that I watched, Ronnie said they were going to tour America next year, and Mick said they would tour but didn't know the places yet.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 3, 2023 19:33

I said they have no plans to tour this year.
I am sure they do have plans to tour next year.
In fact I posted the following four days ago [iorr.org] :

Just replace 23 with 24 then was the plan:

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2023

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-03 19:34 by bv.

Date: October 3, 2023 22:10

keefriffhards
there are a lot of crew members out of a job this year.

For all we know, those crew members may well be occupied with some of other tours that are underway.

Date: October 3, 2023 23:00

keefriffhards

Paul McCartney will already be 81.5 years old after his concert on 16-Dec-2023 (Maracana Stadium, Rio De Janeiro). When the 'Hackney Diamonds bassist' can do it, then Mick & Keith certainly can do it too.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: October 3, 2023 23:06

keefmick
Topi,

Do you think if they do the USA in 24, South America in 25, Europe again in 26, Japan and rest of Asia in 27, that they will then return to the USA in 28? It will certainly be their turn again.

Yeah, of course they will! Return to the US in 2028 I mean. After all Mick and Keith will 'only' be 85 or so by then. And Ronnie a mere 80ish. Kids really. First flush of youth and all that!

Forgive me. I cannot help being just a little bit irreverent. And maybe your original comment was made in jest? I certainly hope so because it is extremely difficult to take it seriously. Other contributors here have wisely encouraged us to be cautious about looking too far ahead. And I agree with them. Personally I feel we are tempting fate by being reckless and unrealistic in our horizon scanning...

Date: October 3, 2023 23:31

Irix
keefriffhards

Paul McCartney will already be 81.5 years old after his concert on 16-Dec-2023 (Maracana Stadium, Rio De Janeiro). When the 'Hackney Diamonds bassist' can do it, then Mick & Keith certainly can do it too.

Well yes that's true but Paul only needs Paul fit and able, Mick needs himself and Ronnie and Keith to be able to tour, it just becomes harder to pull it off at these ages.

Date: October 3, 2023 23:34

bv
I said they have no plans to tour this year.
I am sure they do have plans to tour next year.
In fact I posted the following four days ago [iorr.org] :

Just replace 23 with 24 then was the plan:

The Rolling Stones North America Tour 2023

That sounds more encouraging BV than this thread is going nowhere a couple pages back. Nothing signed, no plans no tour or something to that effect.
So we have a chance, that will do for me smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-03 23:37 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: October 4, 2023 01:24

Someone on Shidoobee has posted that their friend who works at Lincoln Field told them the Stones have booked the space for June 2024.

So, Chicago and Philly appear to be on the books for next year so far

Date: October 4, 2023 02:59

That's really interesting. So the plan has been for summer '24 since february i guess. The tour is still postponed technically.

Another interesting fact is that they may play few shows in other places too

"A lengthy queue for vinyl-record manufacturing, however, meant the Stones couldn’t release the album immediately. “I met with the heads of the record company and said, ‘Well, when can you put it out?’ ” Jagger says. “And they said, ‘What about Christmas?’ I said, ‘F—k off. Christmas? No.’ ” The compromise: October. The band is talking about touring the U.S. and hopefully elsewhere next year".

[iorr.org]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2023-10-04 03:11 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 4, 2023 04:23

I’m tipping Australia NZ early 24
Then US

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: October 4, 2023 05:02

smoking smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: October 4, 2023 05:46