Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 20, 2023 14:35

keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
RisingStone
BeastyBurdeny
My guess is they will do a traditional 12-14 date mini tour of a single continent, followed by something similar the following year.

That’s the best and safest bet and most plausible scenario, yeah, I agree.

My wishful thinking-self, though, is hoping they will embark on a two-year, two-leg-per-year world tour, armed with and spurred by the new album, and with new improved, higher motivation than the last ten years or so.

Or, to extrapolate Doc’s post above, multiple residencies in limited cities around the world in one year. That is;
Spring: Tokyo, Sydney, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Mexico City
Summer-Autumn: NY, LA, Munich, Paris, London
3 shows each, 30 shows altogether.

Both are new models, especially the latter.

If their health and age allow…

Hey that's completely fair and we're all allowed to dream and speculate. I too wish they would play more shows per year, including multiple continents.

I think it more possible, from a business perspective, that they could do two legs, of 12 show mini tours, in two continents per year than multiple residencies across the globe.

But, who knows. Anything could happen. I think they have some surprises left in them. I just feel like those surprises will still be dictated somewhat by the practicality of an economical business model.

Or they could just do some shows for real fans, £40 a ticket first come first served maximum persons per party 4.
Give something back to the die hards, make the ticket personalised so no ticket tout motivation.
Just 10 shows , no profit,( they can afford it ) crowd atmosphere would be through the roof, real fans not corporate or casual fans.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH – they are the Stones not the Salvation Army
(or did you just forget to add two digits to the £40??)

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 20, 2023 15:21

slewan
keefriffhards
BeastyBurdeny
RisingStone
BeastyBurdeny
My guess is they will do a traditional 12-14 date mini tour of a single continent, followed by something similar the following year.

That’s the best and safest bet and most plausible scenario, yeah, I agree.

My wishful thinking-self, though, is hoping they will embark on a two-year, two-leg-per-year world tour, armed with and spurred by the new album, and with new improved, higher motivation than the last ten years or so.

Or, to extrapolate Doc’s post above, multiple residencies in limited cities around the world in one year. That is;
Spring: Tokyo, Sydney, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Mexico City
Summer-Autumn: NY, LA, Munich, Paris, London
3 shows each, 30 shows altogether.

Both are new models, especially the latter.

If their health and age allow…

Hey that's completely fair and we're all allowed to dream and speculate. I too wish they would play more shows per year, including multiple continents.

I think it more possible, from a business perspective, that they could do two legs, of 12 show mini tours, in two continents per year than multiple residencies across the globe.

But, who knows. Anything could happen. I think they have some surprises left in them. I just feel like those surprises will still be dictated somewhat by the practicality of an economical business model.

Or they could just do some shows for real fans, £40 a ticket first come first served maximum persons per party 4.
Give something back to the die hards, make the ticket personalised so no ticket tout motivation.
Just 10 shows , no profit,( they can afford it ) crowd atmosphere would be through the roof, real fans not corporate or casual fans.

HAHAAHAHAHAHAH – they are the Stones not the Salvation Army
(or did you just forget to add two digits to the £40??)

Ok more realistically, they could do one show like that like at Wimbledon Tennis, they have a people's day on the first Sunday.
I don't know, it's possible they could make up any lost profits on merchandise sales.
Just a thought man no big deal just Riffing thoughts, you know they did it for 5 bucks Toronto club gig 2005 and LA Fonda Theatre 2015 i think. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-20 16:49 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 20, 2023 15:24

This is a thread going nowhere. Nothing is signed. No shows. No tours.

They will not announce any shows at all for a long time still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 20, 2023 17:50

I started a thread about the 2024 tour a while back, and it was shut down. Not quite sure why another one opened up and it still open without any news. Definitely not an insider, but I assume they are planning on doing a June and July North American tour. They probably won’t announce anything until Spring 2024.

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: September 20, 2023 18:03

NashvilleBlues
...They probably won’t announce anything until Spring 2024.

Correct. That's because they don't know themselves. Too many ancillary factors like health and insurance, etc. As the Stones have demonstrated, repeatedly in the last decade, they have a roughly four month window to put together a fifteen date tour and then pull it off.

Date: September 21, 2023 00:30

BeastyBurdeny

I think that's EXACTLY what they're going to do.
jun-jul 2024 north america
jun-jul 2025 europe

EXCEPT (and this is just a wish on my part) that they take advantage of the climatic differences in the continents and in that case they can do:

Jun-July 2024 North America: 14 shows
Oct-Nov (or Feb-Mar) 2024 South America: 7 shows

Jun-Jul 2025 Europe: 14 shows
Oct-Nov (or Feb-Mar) 2025 oceania+others: 7 shows

This way they would have a break of 2 or 3 months between two legs of the tour, and then a break until the following year

but, of course, im just dreaming...

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 21, 2023 02:08

StonesBuenosAires
BeastyBurdeny

I think that's EXACTLY what they're going to do.
jun-jul 2024 north america
jun-jul 2025 europe

EXCEPT (and this is just a wish on my part) that they take advantage of the climatic differences in the continents and in that case they can do:

Jun-July 2024 North America: 14 shows
Oct-Nov (or Feb-Mar) 2024 South America: 7 shows

Jun-Jul 2025 Europe: 14 shows
Oct-Nov (or Feb-Mar) 2025 oceania+others: 7 shows

This way they would have a break of 2 or 3 months between two legs of the tour, and then a break until the following year

but, of course, im just dreaming...

Yeah, I'm with you. That sounds great. Everyone would get to see them within a 2 year window. We can all hope that's what they decide to do.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 21, 2023 04:14

My guess:

2024 HACKNEY tour, 2025 next new album tour. 2026-27 the hits once again, in less cities, and retire in 2028.

If all goes well, anyway.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 21, 2023 04:40

More like 2024 Tour wishful thinking thread lol.

Date: September 21, 2023 04:42

May through August. My buddy Chris works at Ticketmaster. I take his word for it.

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 21, 2023 08:27

For sure they'll go on tour with a new album.
:-))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-21 08:28 by micha063.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 21, 2023 08:51

GasLightStreet
My guess:

2024 HACKNEY tour, 2025 next new album tour. 2026-27 the hits once again, in less cities, and retire in 2028.

If all goes well, anyway.

And a 70th celebration tour in 2032

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: September 21, 2023 10:14

So here's what we know.

The last ever Rolling Stones tour was in Europe, in 2022.

The last ever Rolling Stones show was in Berlin, in 2022.

There are no future shows booked.

Everything else is just rumour, chatter or made up.

Seems to me that we should just enjoy the new album and not get too hung up on live shows. We have had plenty of live shows over the past decade (all corners of the globe!) but no new album (of original material) for nearly two decades.

Let's enjoy and cherish this new album. Anything else is a bonus.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-21 10:16 by petewasbristol.

Date: September 22, 2023 15:04

You are right on everything you said.

Wishful thinking. 

quote=petewasbristol]
So here's what we know.

Seems to me that we should just enjoy the new album and not get too hung up on live shows. We have had plenty of live shows over the past decade (all corners of the globe!) but no new album (of original material) for nearly two decades.

Let's enjoy and cherish this new album. Anything else is a bonus.[/quote]

Posted by: vibrolux ()
Date: September 22, 2023 19:08

Good morning everyone! (At least it's morning here in California)

As the guy who started the Sphere residency thread, I'm enjoying all the discussion about what could possibly happen.

To Bjornulf's point, we all know that nothing is signed and no shows are scheduled. And if he says that they won't announce shows for a long time, that's almost certainly going to be true.

So in the meantime, what can a poor boy do, but to speculate about his favorite rock and roll band.

What I hope for is a whole lot different than my Sphere residency prediction. I'd love to see them back out in stadiums. A lot of great points have been made to support the predictions people have made here. But certain facts just don't go away:

1) Their age is a factor. I'm doing great for my age (69). I run regularly and work out like a much younger guy, but I'm definitely slowing down. It happens to everyone. Even the miracles that are Mick and Keith.

2) I believe that they genuinely like performing. In 2005 when they had fans up on the stage, I was lucky enough to be up there to see that adoration that they see when I looked out into the crowd. Pretty powerful stuff! I'd play to that until I absolutely couldn't. I think we all agree that they haven't played their last show.

3) As has been stated, they rarely sell tickets for less than they can. I've seen them in stadiums in smaller U.S. markets (Kansas City, Minneapolis). Tix might cost a bit less at these places, but not much. I don't see any reason to believe this will change. It ain't gonna be cheap folks.

So for now, we wait. And speculate on where we'll have to go to see the Greatest Rock and Roll Band in the World. Looking forward to seeing you in the back of the pit, Ronnie's side, just off the catwalk... With a lighter wallet.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 22, 2023 19:59

Chatter, chatter, shedoobee…

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 23, 2023 00:10

Folks just wanna have fun…

What’s wrong with it?

drinking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 23, 2023 14:45

Yet, before this inevitable apocalypse, there’s the album release to look forward to and, beyond that, a yet-to-be-announced tour (“I’m dying to get my teeth into some of these songs on stage, God willing and the creek don’t dry”),

keith in the telegraph

Posted by: terry ()
Date: September 23, 2023 15:46

petewasbristol
So here's what we know.

Let's enjoy and cherish this new album. Anything else is a bonus.[/quote

Exactly my thoughts

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: September 23, 2023 19:06

I have fond memories of the Last Ever Tour of 2007.

From here, taking nothing for granted and appreciating anything we’re lucky enough to get.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 23, 2023 21:53

I don't care too much about the next tour but I'm looking forward to the tour following the next tour

Posted by: Stonesdude ()
Date: September 24, 2023 00:52

SecondSet
I have no inside information about a Stones tour next year. However, I do know a little bit about how the concert business works in the States, and what I know is enough to convince me that a Stones appearance at the new Vegas venue would be improbable, as it is operated by a rival in some sense of their usual touring partners.

Those partners, I can also advise, are planning a large event in that same part of the world next year after failing to present it more than once in recent years. Whether the Stones will participate I can't say and indeed don't know, but I have reason to believe that they might, based solely upon my understanding of the business rather than any actual information to that effect. At the risk of error, I could speculate in fact that a postponement of that event might have been a factor in the postponement of their tour this year, even if it was discrete from the tour proper.

I also took note, as someone did earlier in the discussion, of the addition of a day to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, and shared the sense that the enlarged schedule might be pregnant with the possibility of a Stones appearance. But I would not assume that that is the meaning of the expanded schedule, not least given speculation here that a Stones tour would come later in the year.

This sure sounds like a hint of Desert Trip 2. It had some legs earlier this year but they are doing Powertrip. Desert Trip was one hell of a great experience

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 24, 2023 19:43

Here's what we know:

- The Stones planned a 14-date North American tour, but pulled it at the last minute
- That tour included an appearance in Chicago attendant to a new and much-ballyhooed NASCAR downtown street race/festival, which got cut short by heavy rains; NASCAR intends to return to Chicago next year on a schedule to be released imminently
- The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival recently released its 2024 schedule adding an eighth day to the event for only the second time; the first time they did so was to allow for a special apperance by the Rolling Stones
- Ron Wood has recently said “Next year we have America pencilled in. We are hoping that is going to happen"
- BV says that nothing is signed and nothing will be announced for some time
- Stones tours generally are not announced long in advance (or signed long before they are announced)

What I know:
- I mentioned above, whether or not is pertinent to the Stones' 2024 plans, and is not hard to figure out

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: September 24, 2023 20:19

Rolling Stones Planning Hackney Diamonds Tour:

While he offered no details, Richards confirmed that the Stones were planning to tour in support of their upcoming album Hackney Diamonds – which features Paul McCartney in a guest spot. “I’m dying to get my teeth into some of these songs on stage, God willing and the creek don’t dry,” he reported. “Musicians are a weird bunch, but if you’re ­playing with the right people, a life of a musician can be pretty good. It’s a fascinating trip… and it ain’t over yet.”

From this article:
[ultimateclassicrock.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 24, 2023 23:25

SecondSet
Here's what we know:

- The Stones planned a 14-date North American tour, but pulled it at the last minute
- That tour included an appearance in Chicago attendant to a new and much-ballyhooed NASCAR downtown street race/festival, which got cut short by heavy rains; NASCAR intends to return to Chicago next year on a schedule to be released imminently
- The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival recently released its 2024 schedule adding an eighth day to the event for only the second time; the first time they did so was to allow for a special apperance by the Rolling Stones
- Ron Wood has recently said “Next year we have America pencilled in. We are hoping that is going to happen"
- Stones tours generally are not announced long in advance (or signed long before they are announced)

What I know:
- I mentioned above, whether or not is pertinent to the Stones' 2024 plans, and is not hard to figure out

"The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival recently released its 2024 schedule adding an eighth day to the event for only the second time; the first time they did so was to allow for a special apperance by the Rolling Stones"

If the band had a venue bucket list, this seemingly would be one.
Thanks for the JF schedule info.. booking cancellable rooms.

Also believe they'll try to recreate as much as possible, the cities that were on the scrapped tour list. They'd already done the research and some marketing.. makes sense the cities on a new tour would be the same or similar as the scrapped one. At least to me, rumored that Seattle and Vancouver were on the list. That and Jazz Fest would be awesome!
smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-24 23:26 by MisterDDDD.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 24, 2023 23:33

MisterDDDD
SecondSet
Here's what we know:

What I know:

"The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival recently released its 2024 schedule adding an eighth day to the event for only the second time; the first time they did so was to allow for a special apperance by the Rolling Stones"

If the band had a venue bucket list, this seemingly would be one.
Thanks for the JF schedule info.. booking cancellable rooms.

Also believe they'll try to recreate as much as possible, the cities that were on the scrapped tour list. They'd already done the research and some marketing.. makes sense the cities on a new tour would be the same or similar as the scrapped one. At least to me, rumored that Seattle and Vancouver were on the list. That and Jazz Fest would be awesome!
smileys with beer

Hell yes, Mike! If they put Vancouver, Seattle, and Edmonton back on the board from the scrapped dates, those'll be three I'll likely hit. Maybe an east coast show or two, as well smileys with beer

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: September 25, 2023 01:16

Aus tour rumours gathering momentum in media.
Early 2024 Melbourne, part of Aus NZ tour

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: September 25, 2023 17:18

Deathgod
Aus tour rumours gathering momentum in media.
Early 2024 Melbourne, part of Aus NZ tour

This would be great of course but I don't see why they would do this. Wou;dn't it make a lot more sense for them to do the States first as it is cheaper for them and they can get easy 12 show runs at a time.
Australia, NZ tour will have 6/8 shows max if we look at their previous tour downunder

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 25, 2023 18:20

They could make Aus+NZ+Japan
Aus+NZ 7/8 gigs
Japan 5/6 gigs
Then, there are other countries too...China, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Philipine...They'd have many options

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 25, 2023 22:11

I can't even.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2260
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home