Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 44
Re: My prediction: Stones residency at the LV Sphere next year
Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 7, 2023 18:52

rbp
Stones philosophy of minimum work for maximum profit means it ain't gonna happen.

Weird, this is why I say it's likely to happen

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:30

Dan
rbp
Stones philosophy of minimum work for maximum profit means it ain't gonna happen.

Weird, this is why I say it's likely to happen

I don't think it's likely to happen, but if minimum work/maximum profit was the primary goal for them, it would.

U2 is currently making record breaking $$ per Vegas show, and I bet the Stones could easily top that.

U2 set to make more money per show than any Las Vegas artist in history

U2 will make at least $1 million per show at the MSG Sphere — and that’s before they sell a single zipper-hoodie with the “Achtung Baby” image.

U2 plans to open its “U2: UV Achtung Baby” production in Las Vegas this fall, the dates expected to be Sept. 29-30. The series (a launch and not a residency) will run six non-consecutive weekends, 12 shows total.

According to published reports, and those familiar with the band’s plans, U2 will earn 90 percent of the face value of tickets sold, which is expected to clear at least $1 million per performance and $12 million overall. And that is a very safe, conservative assessment.
[www.reviewjournal.com].

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:41

That article was written back in February.
U2 is playing 25 shows in The Sphere...at least.

Posted by: StonesSmeth99 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 19:51

There were teed up for the 14 date so-called 'mini tour' this year in the US, so surely that format will carry over into 2024, all being well. Incredible if that happens with M&K both 80.

If they want to warm up at the 23.500 new indoor Co-op Live arena in Manchester (yeh I know, not happening) then fine.

Posted by: kv2915 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 20:06

They could sell a few stadium shows in Vegas and make more money in less time than with the Sphere. I don’t need Adele like pricing to keep the hardcore fans away. Vegas would gouge.

Posted by: GerardHennessy ()
Date: September 7, 2023 20:52

powerage78
We will see...

Travelling and touring, of course, but but some people here talk about them as if they were 25 years old and as they had never had any health issues , it's quite fascinating...

Well said. We will indeed see. I love all the postings each saying what the writer thinks the band will/should do. And all of this before ANY tour is announced.

The only thing I know for sure is that by the time anything happens BOTH Mick and Keith will be in their 80s and Ronnie turns 77 next June. I know Jagger is a phenomenon, physically. But neither Keith or Ronnie are in that league. So whatever happens will have to take account of their physical limitations.It can't be all about what MJ would like.

For the record I think they WILL do some kind of mini-tour visiting maybe three or four locations and doing a run of shows in each. Maybe something like five locations - three in the States, one in the UK and another in Europe, with up to three shows at each one. Fifteen shows in total, and maybe PPV or similar for those who are unable to travel.

All of this, of course, assumes that those pesky health issues - which have an irritating habit of reappearing in our older years - stay away for at least another year or so...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 7, 2023 22:08

GerardHennessy
powerage78
We will see...

Travelling and touring, of course, but but some people here talk about them as if they were 25 years old and as they had never had any health issues , it's quite fascinating...

Well said. We will indeed see. I love all the postings each saying what the writer thinks the band will/should do. And all of this before ANY tour is announced.

The only thing I know for sure is that by the time anything happens BOTH Mick and Keith will be in their 80s and Ronnie turns 77 next June. I know Jagger is a phenomenon, physically. But neither Keith or Ronnie are in that league. So whatever happens will have to take account of their physical limitations.It can't be all about what MJ would like.

For the record I think they WILL do some kind of mini-tour visiting maybe three or four locations and doing a run of shows in each. Maybe something like five locations - three in the States, one in the UK and another in Europe, with up to three shows at each one. Fifteen shows in total, and maybe PPV or similar for those who are unable to travel.

All of this, of course, assumes that those pesky health issues - which have an irritating habit of reappearing in our older years - stay away for at least another year or so...

Yes, it's very possible they could do mini-residencies in major cities for the mini-tour. Set up shop in L.A. for two weeks, then Vegas for two weeks, Chicago for another two weeks, and NY for the final two weeks.
An eight week mini-tour with maybe twelve shows in total - three per city - sounds feasible, and not too farfetched. And maybe not even a traditional "residency""...they could maybe do three different venues in each city ala Licks...stadium, arena, theater/club. This would cut out a lot of the stressful traveling issues, and they'd be able to hole up in 5 star hotels for two weeks in each city for plenty of rest and relaxation while "on the road".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-07 22:09 by Hairball.

Posted by: TumblinDice76 ()
Date: September 7, 2023 22:15

I'm all for this 3 or so shows in 4 or more cities concept. I do think 14 shows is about the magic number per year these days. Literally anything we get these days is a Bonus! Would love to hear the new material live next Summer!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 8, 2023 03:25

kv2915
They could sell a few stadium shows in Vegas and make more money in less time than with the Sphere. I don’t need Adele like pricing to keep the hardcore fans away. Vegas would gouge.

It's not "Vegas" that would gouge; it's the Stones. Mick likes money. A lot.eye popping smiley

-swiss

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 8, 2023 04:13

Who doesnt like $$$$$$$ .......

If ya dont like money I'll take ALL ya got ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 18, 2023 10:31

Green Lady
People are always clamouring for the band to do a residency in Las Vegas - I think if they liked the idea they would have done it by now. Desert air doesn't suit Mick's voice, and I don't think they want to settle down in one spot for the rest of their career. They like touring, and will do it as long as they can.

Absolutely, Green Lady. The Stones have a very global mindset, and touring the continents is in their blood. A Vegas Residency is for the likes of Cher and Diana Ross. I do know that other ‘rock acts’ have participated in such residences, but I do not think the model fits the genre. Vegas conjures -up images of glitz, glamour, cabaret and tackiness.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 18, 2023 10:52

Big Al
Green Lady
People are always clamouring for the band to do a residency in Las Vegas - I think if they liked the idea they would have done it by now. Desert air doesn't suit Mick's voice, and I don't think they want to settle down in one spot for the rest of their career. They like touring, and will do it as long as they can.

Absolutely, Green Lady. The Stones have a very global mindset, and touring the continents is in their blood. A Vegas Residency is for the likes of Cher and Diana Ross. I do know that other ‘rock acts’ have participated in such residences, but I do not think the model fits the genre. Vegas conjures -up images of glitz, glamour, cabaret and tackiness.

Quite so,

Never say never, but whilst they can still drag enough folks to stadiums and are able to work them...that's likely what they'll do.

The breaks between shows allow ample rest ...and luxury travel is hardly a waring hardship !

What I would like to see is more use of modern technology and screens to allow less running about on massive stages for a more intimate type of performance, akin to a theatre show.

You can do that in stadiums these days .
It's not like the old days, with muddy wind blown sound and nothing but the sight of a few dots running about on a stage in the far distance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-18 10:53 by Spud.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: September 18, 2023 19:44

Spud
Big Al
Green Lady

Quite so,

Never say never, but whilst they can still drag enough folks to stadiums and are able to work them...that's likely what they'll do.

The breaks between shows allow ample rest ...and luxury travel is hardly a waring hardship !

What I would like to see is more use of modern technology and screens to allow less running about on massive stages for a more intimate type of performance, akin to a theatre show.

You can do that in stadiums these days .
It's not like the old days, with muddy wind blown sound and nothing but the sight of a few dots running about on a stage in the far distance.

I agree with all this. They've always been on the go, and staying still doesn't let them roll, and they can roll all over the place in luxury. Sightseeing in Vegas--ha, I don't think so.

Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: September 19, 2023 10:51

I just don’t get this conversation AT ALL. They were about to tour last year. That must mean that papers are signed, and dates are just postponed. Thank god there was NO residency in Vegas planned, but we do know some of the places on that list. Some people on here seem to know all the places (but doesn’t want to tell) - figure out where they were supposed to play last year, and we will know where they will play in 2024 (just not the dates). Reading some of the comments on here almost leads me to believe that people on purpose are building a smoke screen to keep the discussion off target. Come on folks - you can do better than this!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2023 11:00

GeirGG

we do know some of the places on that list

Still there in the fine print - [iorr.org] . Maybe some more dates in the 2023 Tour thread - [iorr.org] .

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 19, 2023 11:22

How likely they WILL tour in Europe in 2025?
Okay, don't tell me if it goes too far..

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 19, 2023 11:30

MonicaDe

How likely they WILL tour in Europe in 2025?

"Will it rain in summer 2025 ?"

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 13:37

What about 2033? Any news?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 19, 2023 13:48

clapton71
Not sure what a tour of 80 somethings looks like. No way its in Stadiums...which means $$$$$ for tix. I like the albums are coming out and will listen to them.

McCartney is 81 and he'll be doing stadiums.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: September 19, 2023 14:37

Rockman
They could just jam out and joke their
way thru on a 120 minute version of Tumblin' Dice ....

At least they should do this if they ever come to Albany, NY, again... They owe them a TD over there since 2005.....grinning smiley
smileys with beer

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 19, 2023 15:02

Topi
clapton71
Not sure what a tour of 80 somethings looks like. No way its in Stadiums...which means $$$$$ for tix. I like the albums are coming out and will listen to them.

With all respect, have you ever seen Paul McCartney running and jumping all over the stage? He's a great artist, but his shows (I even heard this from diehard Beatles fans) are merely dutyfull (apart from money making, but that is no sin).

cool smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 19, 2023 16:14

georgie48
Topi
clapton71

With all respect, have you ever seen Paul McCartney running and jumping all over the stage? He's a great artist, but his shows (I even heard this from diehard Beatles fans) are merely dutyfull (apart from money making, but that is no sin).

cool smiley

Yes, I know his stage act is different. Then again, Mick Jagger doesn't exactly run and jump all that much anymore. He's always on the move, but it's mostly walking around to be honest + dancing from time to time. It's not like Mick's running and jumping all over the place.

But again with all due respect, clapton71 was referring to the age of 80 per se - so I just pointed out that there's an older artist still doing stadium shows.

The size of the venue itself has nothing to do with how the artist moves (or doesn't move) on the stage. The size of the venue is really about how big the demand is.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-19 16:16 by Topi.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 19, 2023 17:43

My reasonable wish would be multiple nights in NYC, LA, Munich, Paris and London.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 19, 2023 18:33

…and Tokyo, Sydney, São Paulo, Buenos Aires, wherever.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 19, 2023 21:23

My guess is they will do a traditional 12-14 date mini tour of a single continent, followed by something similar the following year.

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 19, 2023 23:33

BeastyBurdeny
My guess is they will do a traditional 12-14 date mini tour of a single continent, followed by something similar the following year.

That’s the best and safest bet and most plausible scenario, yeah, I agree.

My wishful thinking-self, though, is hoping they will embark on a two-year, two-leg-per-year world tour, armed with and spurred by the new album, and with new improved, higher motivation than the last ten years or so.

Or, to extrapolate Doc’s post above, multiple residencies in limited cities around the world in one year. That is;
Spring: Tokyo, Sydney, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, Mexico City
Summer-Autumn: NY, LA, Munich, Paris, London
3 shows each, 30 shows altogether.

Both are new models, especially the latter.

If their health and age allow…

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 19, 2023 23:43

RisingStone
BeastyBurdeny

My wishful thinking-self, though, is hoping they will embark on a two-year, two-leg-per-year world tour, armed with and spurred by the new album, and with new improved, higher motivation than the last ten years or so.

Or, to extrapolate Doc’s post above, multiple residencies in limited cities around the world in one year. That is;

Hey that's completely fair and we're all allowed to dream and speculate. I too wish they would play more shows per year, including multiple continents.

I think it more possible, from a business perspective, that they could do two legs, of 12 show mini tours, in two continents per year than multiple residencies across the globe.

But, who knows. Anything could happen. I think they have some surprises left in them. I just feel like those surprises will still be dictated somewhat by the practicality of an economical business model.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: September 20, 2023 00:41

So Keith play for free?

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: September 20, 2023 01:03

I have no inside information about a Stones tour next year. However, I do know a little bit about how the concert business works in the States, and what I know is enough to convince me that a Stones appearance at the new Vegas venue would be improbable, as it is operated by a rival in some sense of their usual touring partners.

Those partners, I can also advise, are planning a large event in that same part of the world next year after failing to present it more than once in recent years. Whether the Stones will participate I can't say and indeed don't know, but I have reason to believe that they might, based solely upon my understanding of the business rather than any actual information to that effect. At the risk of error, I could speculate in fact that a postponement of that event might have been a factor in the postponement of their tour this year, even if it was discrete from the tour proper.

I also took note, as someone did earlier in the discussion, of the addition of a day to the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, and shared the sense that the enlarged schedule might be pregnant with the possibility of a Stones appearance. But I would not assume that that is the meaning of the expanded schedule, not least given speculation here that a Stones tour would come later in the year.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 20, 2023 14:05

BeastyBurdeny
RisingStone
BeastyBurdeny

Hey that's completely fair and we're all allowed to dream and speculate. I too wish they would play more shows per year, including multiple continents.

I think it more possible, from a business perspective, that they could do two legs, of 12 show mini tours, in two continents per year than multiple residencies across the globe.

But, who knows. Anything could happen. I think they have some surprises left in them. I just feel like those surprises will still be dictated somewhat by the practicality of an economical business model.

Or they could just do some shows for real fans, £40 a ticket first come first served maximum persons per party 4.
Give something back to the die hards, make the ticket personalised so no ticket tout motivation.
Just 10 shows , no profit,( they can afford it ) crowd atmosphere would be through the roof, real fans not corporate or casual fans.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home