Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Date: September 14, 2023 20:41

MonicaDe
They would not go for such a tiny and unstable market like Brazil or any of these South American countries. They do not need to to that anymore.
What a stupid and ignorant statement

they did a show for two million people in Copacabana Rio de Janeiro

in one of their tours they have done FIVE shows in a row in Buenos Aires Argentina, what city in the world can give them that amount of people???

but yes, in any case I agree that the start of the tour will probably be in the USA or Europe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 20:49 by StonesBuenosAires.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: September 14, 2023 20:46

McCartney is doing 7 shows in Brazil so it shows that there is plenty of scope for South America. If the Stones want it.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: September 14, 2023 22:01

The Rolling Stones just posted ‘The Hackney Gazette’ on their official Instagram with the big title ‘Ronnie Wood reveals all’. This must be about his interview where he said ‘The Stones pencelid in to Tour USA next year.’ So.. there will hè a tour for sure!

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 14, 2023 22:09

petewasbristol
McCartney is doing 7 shows in Brazil so it shows that there is plenty of scope for South America. If the Stones want it.

the big difference is: When Macca is on tour he does some 30-50 shows a year while the Stones just do 14-15 shows a year

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 14, 2023 22:22

RG
The Rolling Stones just posted ‘The Hackney Gazette’ on their official Instagram with the big title ‘Ronnie Wood reveals all’. This must be about his interview where he said ‘The Stones pencelid in to Tour USA next year.’ So.. there will hè a tour for sure!

For sure ... unless the pencil has an eraser

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 14, 2023 22:40

RG

The Rolling Stones just posted ‘The Hackney Gazette’ on their official Instagram with the big title ‘Ronnie Wood reveals all’.

Beside the article of the NY Times - [iorr.org] - it's the 'The Daily Diamond' with lyrics of 3 Hackney Diamonds album tracks - [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] . See also here - [iorr.org] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-15 10:15 by Irix.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: September 14, 2023 22:46

slewan
petewasbristol

the big difference is: When Macca is on tour he does some 30-50 shows a year while the Stones just do 14-15 shows a year

That’s what Paul did through 2017. He has scaled back his shows considerably since then. In 2018 he did 18 tour shows plus a few secret promo shows, in 2019 he did 21 shows, in 2022 it was 18 shows including a secret small show and this year he is set for 16 shows.

Date: September 14, 2023 22:47

slewan
petewasbristol

I was merely implying that the market is there if the Stones want it. As others say, the most likely route is North America/Europe first.

Posted by: makustone ()
Date: September 15, 2023 00:11

In 2024, the American Cup of soccer will be played in the months of June and July. Surely all the stadiums will be occupied in those 2 months. Will the stones play in April/May in the USA or will the miracle happen that they will go down to Brazil and Argentina?

Posted by: BFR ()
Date: September 15, 2023 00:48

StonesBuenosAires

They did a FREE show for 1.5 million grinning smiley

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 15, 2023 00:52

makustone
In 2024, the American Cup of soccer will be played in the months of June and July. Surely all the stadiums will be occupied in those 2 months. Will the stones play in April/May in the USA or will the miracle happen that they will go down to Brazil and Argentina?

Dunno…
If my prediction/speculation/wishful thinking — call it whatever you may like — of Hackney Diamonds two-leg (mini-)world tour should materialize next year, it might be South America in Spring (around 14-16 shows over 2 months in Feb, Mar and/or Apr) and North America in Summer and Autumn (ditto in Aug, Sep and/or Oct). The same scenario for Japan/South East Asia/OZ/NZ and UK/Europe in 2025.

If you allow me to be self-entitled, I’d hope the tour to start from Japan/SEA/OZ/NZ instead of South America next year, as these regions are off from the Stones tour since 2014 — for 10 years! Totally wishful thinking, I knowdrinking smiley

Date: September 15, 2023 07:34

petewasbristol
slewan
petewasbristol

I was merely implying that the market is there if the Stones want it. As others say, the most likely route is North America/Europe first.

it's not just about selling concert tickets but also about promoting the new album. And buying power, of course

Just one example: The market US market for recorded music in 2017 was nearly 20(!) times bigger than the market in Brazil (Germany vs. Brazil 4.5/1)

see: [en.wikipedia.org]

Date: September 15, 2023 09:51

I'm just grateful for any shows moving forward, wherever that may be. 2024 is still a distance away, so let's see what occurs over the coming months!

Posted by: dkwalika ()
Date: September 15, 2023 13:55

I went back and listened to Steel Wheels and Bridges to Babylon last night. They were the last two tours I saw after LP releases.

Sure enough, I flashed back to the excitement of hearing some new tunes mixed in with the old war horses.

And Steel Wheels still holds up as an excellent LP. Hearts for Sale is really excellent, with Mick's vocals shining in the midst of those great guitar parts. I think Bill's bass makes a big difference.

BtB has some flashes of brilliance and some duds. Still better than A Bigger Bang, but it's not as good as Voodoo Lounge, IMHO.

And the Minneapolis, MN show with Living Colour opening (for Steel Wheels) and the Madison, WI, show with Blues Traveler opening (for Bridges) were both excellent. In Minneapolis we got 2000 Light Years and Ruby Tuesday. And four songs from Steel Wheels.

In Madison we got Little Queenie and Crazy Mama on the mini-stage. And Out of Control was fantastic.

Here's hoping the new tunes are as great as these gems from past LPs.

Posted by: dnewton99 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 04:07

Population of Brazil is a very large 216million people with a much younger average age than many countries (and thus more people who spend money on concerts). It is a massive country with 11 million people in Sao Paolo alone

US population is 340mil for reference.

Western Europe plus the UK = 270mil

And yes it is not all sunny outlook but Brazil is decently strong economically and not particularly "unstable" = other countries in south america are though.

[www.worldometers.info].

MonicaDe
That's not gonna happen.
They would not go for such a tiny and unstable market like Brazil or any of these South American countries. They do not need to to that anymore.
Tour will be either in US/Canada or Europe, or both each year. That's it.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: September 16, 2023 04:20

smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2023 04:43

StonesBuenosAires
MonicaDe
What a stupid and ignorant statement

in one of their tours they have done FIVE shows in a row in Buenos Aires Argentina, what city in the world can give them that amount of people???

but yes, in any case I agree that the start of the tour will probably be in the USA or Europe

Agreed, as well as arrogant and offensive.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 16, 2023 10:29

RisingStone
makustone

Dunno…
If my prediction/speculation/wishful thinking — call it whatever you may like — of Hackney Diamonds two-leg (mini-)world tour should materialize next year, it might be South America in Spring (around 14-16 shows over 2 months in Feb, Mar and/or Apr) and North America in Summer and Autumn (ditto in Aug, Sep and/or Oct). The same scenario for Japan/South East Asia/OZ/NZ and UK/Europe in 2025.

If you allow me to be self-entitled, I’d hope the tour to start from Japan/SEA/OZ/NZ instead of South America next year, as these regions are off from the Stones tour since 2014 — for 10 years! Totally wishful thinking, I knowdrinking smiley

My prediction is as follows:
Feb or Mar… Brazil, Mexico City
June- Aug North America. Or
July- Sept

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 16, 2023 11:55

My prediction if they'll get good healt
Feb./March 8/10 South American + Mexican gigs
Sept./Nov. 10 US & Canadian gigs
My two cents

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 16, 2023 12:24

mailexile67
My two cents

DON’T SPEAK/WRITE THE WORD HEALT(H) HERE PLEASE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 12:25 by Christiaan.

Date: September 16, 2023 12:57

mailexile67
My two cents

sounds like wishful thinking…

US in May/June and UK/Europe in early autumn or in 2025 seems to make more sense

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 16, 2023 13:31

RG

You say a tour for sure next year?, pending injuries, cancer, old age, death, arthritis, heart disease etc etc.
This was the year to tour the new album tracks, at 80 next year becomes highly unlikely for sure.

Also what will the Stones be able to deliver in 2024 having not toured for 2 years, rusty Keith with rapidly declining Ronnie and hop along Jagger , i think I'd rather remember them on the last show of their last tour in Berlin, they ended with a bang, it was a magnificent show with Keith turning back the clock, I just don't want the Stones carrying on like the Who and Aerosmith, just a pathetic image of their former selves.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 16, 2023 13:50

keefriffhards

You say a tour for sure next year?

Keith said in the [www.RollingStone.com] : "Without anybody croaking or breaking a leg in the next year, I wouldn’t be surprised at all [if we toured]” - [iorr.org] .

Date: September 16, 2023 14:06

their original plan was finish and release Hackney Diamonds in spring and then tour the US. As we all know the tour has been postponed twice. But there's no reason not to stick to the original plan – to tour the US after the release of the album (although not right after the album hits the markets)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-16 14:07 by slewan.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 16, 2023 14:18

Irix
keefriffhards

You say a tour for sure next year?

Keith said in the [www.RollingStone.com] : "Without anybody croaking or breaking a leg in the next year, I wouldn’t be surprised at all [if we toured]” - [iorr.org] .

That's optimistic of Keith, but Keith was saying the album is coming for 10 years, it's down to Mick really isn't it, Mick still hasn't discussed why he couldn't tour this year.
If one of them could level with us to see what the obstacle is in their way we could start to believe.

Posted by: GeirGG ()
Date: September 16, 2023 14:20

keefriffhards
RG

You say a tour for sure next year?, pending injuries, cancer, old age, death, arthritis, heart disease etc etc.
This was the year to tour the new album tracks, at 80 next year becomes highly unlikely for sure.

Also what will the Stones be able to deliver in 2024 having not toured for 2 years, rusty Keith with rapidly declining Ronnie and hop along Jagger , i think I'd rather remember them on the last show of their last tour in Berlin, they ended with a bang, it was a magnificent show with Keith turning back the clock, I just don't want the Stones carrying on like the Who and Aerosmith, just a pathetic image of their former selves.

Why are people saying that Ronnie said they will tour USA? He said they have America penciled in - that could mean both South, Latin and North.

Date: September 16, 2023 14:45

GeirGG
keefriffhards
RG

Why are people saying that Ronnie said they will tour USA? He said they have America penciled in - that could mean both South, Latin and North.

well, most people in the Northern Hemisphere refer to the US when they say 'America'. In case they are not (only) referring to the US they usually add 'South' or 'Latin' or speak of the Americas. Thus it makes sense to assume that Ronnie means the US when he's talking about touring America

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 16, 2023 15:04

Christiaan
mailexile67
My two cents

DON’T SPEAK/WRITE THE WORD HEALT(H) HERE PLEASE

From the [www.rollingstone.com]

(Keith) Richards nevertheless looks forward to developing the songs on the road. “Without anybody croaking or breaking a leg in the next year, I wouldn’t be surprised at all [if we toured],” he says.

Someone obviously doesn’t know the policy around here. But hé, he doesn’t post here, probably does’t look or not even listed here as a user of the great IORR website.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-17 13:26 by Christiaan.

Date: September 16, 2023 15:08

keefriffhards
RG

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 16, 2023 15:56

keefriffhards
I just don't want the Stones carrying on like the Who and Aerosmith, just a pathetic image of their former selves.

I haven’t seen Aerosmith for ages (last time 2004), but The Who were amazing when I caught them in Chester-le-Street in July.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1871
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home