Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: Bandk4011 ()
Date: September 13, 2023 21:00

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 14, 2023 00:54

There's some rumours about concerts in Brazil in March 2024.

[www.uol.com.br]

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 14, 2023 01:47

Cristiano Radtke

[www.uol.com.br]

That’s interesting information, legit or not.

“Brazilian band to open the shows. Everything suggests that Titãs will be the opening act...” (DeepL translation)

This bit makes me recall that I had a little flirt with Brazilian rock bands some twenty years ago, Titãs and Legião Urbana among them. Good bands.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: September 14, 2023 01:49

Titãs also did the support in São Paulo Brazil 2016.

Date: September 14, 2023 01:53

spunky
Titãs also did the support in São Paulo Brazil 2016.

That’s an added bonus!

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: September 14, 2023 04:52

Maybe , they can still rest up on a break Apr May or June to do North America in June or July for few months. Well seee as Ronnnie did say America.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: September 14, 2023 09:35

Cristiano Radtke

[www.uol.com.br]

Stones HQ had a nice video from Columbia yesterday on their social media channels. Seemed kind of random at the time but maybe linked?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 09:36 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 14, 2023 10:55

BeastyBurdeny
Looking forward to the 2024 NA tour Ronnie mentioned.

Mick sprung out of his seat several times at the livestream album announcement, so I'm not too worried about any potential injuries he may have had earlier this year.

Yes .. in fact I think he may have been making a point in doing that grinning smiley

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 14, 2023 11:49

That's not gonna happen.
They would not go for such a tiny and unstable market like Brazil or any of these South American countries. They do not need to to that anymore.
Tour will be either in US/Canada or Europe, or both each year. That's it.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 12:39

franzk
How about 7 shows in America and 7 in Europe to make everybody happy?

Us everybody’s In Australia and those everybody’s in Japan and those poor everybody’s in South America miss out again then. As long as everybody is happy though.

Rod

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 14, 2023 13:20

I’m getting a bit sick there still is no official news about the up coming tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 13:23 by Christiaan.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 14, 2023 13:20

MonicaDe
tiny and unstable market like Brazil (...) They do not need to to that anymore.

True. But also: The Stones do whatever they feel like. I am sure playing the Waldbühne was not a lot of money or playing Paradiso back then. They still did it because they like it. And playing Brazil sure feels a lot different then playing Germany.

Date: September 14, 2023 13:48

From the Ney York Times article. They write they have a video interview with Mick:

Making the new LP, the band regained “a sense of urgency,” Jagger said via video from Paris, with paintings of elegant French gentry on the wall behind him. Of course, the longtime members of the Rolling Stones — Jagger, 80, Richards, 79, and Wood, 76 — weren’t getting any younger.

“I said to Keith, ‘If we don’t have a deadline, we’re never going to finish this record,’” Jagger said. “So I said, ‘The deadline is Valentine’s Day 2023. And then we’re going to go out and tour it.’ That’s what we used to have to do. You know, you’ve got to finish ‘Exile on Main Street’ because you’ve got a tour booked.”

[www.nytimes.com]

Date: September 14, 2023 13:54

And on Februari 15 it became known they cancelled the tour announcement for the 2023 tour.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 14, 2023 14:02

Yes they wanted to tour the whole wide world but during tour rehearsals Mick said you're driving me too hard, I'm gonna mess it up. Then he got injured, Keith got angry and said we're depending on you Mick. So they cancelled and went home with the rolling stone blues.

Date: September 14, 2023 14:08

From the interview in the NY Times:

A tour was put off, delayed by the lag in pressing vinyl and by stadiums already booked for Beyoncé and Taylor Swift tours. But the album got done; it was indeed recorded, though not fully mixed, by Feb. 14.

Date: September 14, 2023 14:36

NilsHolgersson
Yes they wanted to tour the whole wide world but during tour rehearsals Mick said you're driving me too hard, I'm gonna mess it up. Then he got injured, Keith got angry and said we're depending on you Mick. So they cancelled and went home with the rolling stone blues.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmoking smileygrinning smiley

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 14, 2023 14:54

Christiaan
NilsHolgersson

spinning smiley sticking its tongue outthumbs upsmileys with beersmiling bouncing smileysmoking smileygrinning smiley

Except that there were no injury. Never. Not at that time.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:25

MonicaDe

Except that there were no injury. Never. Not at that time.

How do you know that?

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: September 14, 2023 15:38

Cristiano Radtke

[www.uol.com.br]

Check out the billboard near the end of the "Angry" video. They're off to Brazil.

Date: September 14, 2023 15:47

spunky

A tour was put off, delayed by the lag in pressing vinyl and by stadiums already booked for Beyoncé and Taylor Swift tours. But the album got done; it was indeed recorded, though not fully mixed, by Feb. 14.

Thought they cancelled this year’s US/Canada tour (June 6 - August 1) due to a member’s injury (presumably Mick’s knee) according to the insider information, rather than them being unable to finish the mixing of the new album by St. Valentine’s Day. Not sure it could have been a tour behind the new album and for its promotion even if it had happened.

For the reason above, my bet is that they will tour North America next year.

The difference is that the Stones will have the new album under their belt this time, which I hope may enhance their motivation, playing more than one tour consisting of some 14-15 dates on one continent a year, the norm of the last ten years or so. Two legs maybe. Sort of mini-world tour so to speak. Obviously on the condition that health and age allow them to do so.

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:25

RisingStone
spunky

Thought they cancelled this year’s US/Canada tour (June 6 - August 1) due to a member’s injury (presumably Mick’s knee) according to the insider information, rather than them being unable to finish the mixing of the new album by St. Valentine’s Day. Not sure it could have been a tour behind the new album and for its promotion even if it had happened.

For the reason above, my bet is that they will tour North America next year.

The difference is that the Stones will have the new album under their belt this time, which I hope may enhance their motivation, playing more than one tour consisting of some 14-15 dates on one continent a year, the norm of the last ten years or so. Two legs maybe. Sort of mini-world tour so to speak. Obviously on the condition that health and age allow them to do so.
Yeah, that’s my assumption also

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: September 14, 2023 16:44

The Brazil /South America rumours have some logic . If they're are in fact keen to ge back on the boards, they'd likely be able to get something in place for dates earlier than would be practical for the US [or for Europe]

Posted by: kkhoranstoned ()
Date: September 14, 2023 18:22

my 2 cents ..4 south America dates 1 month off 1 mexico 2 canada 6 u.s.
2 months off 3 asia 4 europe 4 england
16 months tour..cost of moving the stage??base ticket 125$$

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: September 14, 2023 18:27

They have been playing around 14 shows every tour and stay in the same continent, for years now (right?). I'd guess 2024 won't be any different. 14 North American shows sounds about right.

Years on tour
2022 (14)
2021 (16)
2019 (17)
2018 (14)
2017 (14)
2016 (19)
2015 (17)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-14 18:49 by NashvilleBlues.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 14, 2023 18:44

Agree. Hard to see them doing any more shows per year now all the sudden.

Posted by: Jbargar ()
Date: September 14, 2023 18:47

ProfessorWolf
keefriffhards
Shawn20
I know it’s far too early to begin setlist speculations - but I’d open up with Angry.

Yeah i was thinking about that and how well Angry would come across live, I'm not sure it will have the power live that the recording has, the vocals will be very difficult and so much of the guitar work is hard to decipher, plus Keith can't play lead and bass at the same time.winking smiley

then maybe for this song he could play bass while ronnie and mick handle the guitars

I would think Darryl J. will be along for the ride and could probably handle those bass duties....

Date: September 14, 2023 19:04

NashvilleBlues
They have been playing around 14 shows every tour and stay in the same continent, for years now (right?). I'd guess 2024 won't be any different. 14 North American shows sounds about right.

Years on tour
2022 (14)
2021 (16)
2019 (17)
2018 (14)
2017 (14)
2016 (19)
2015 (17)

Topi
Agree. Hard to see them doing any more shows per year now all the sudden.

I would have gone along that line. WITHOUT THE NEW ALBUM.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: September 14, 2023 19:09

most likely they'll go where their biggest markets are – and that's not South America, Australia or Antartica… (but US, UK and Europe)

Posted by: phd27 ()
Date: September 14, 2023 20:37

I don’t know what is legit or not, but somewhere they owe something to Argentina and Japan.
But all this might end up with a US tour of 10 concerts over a period of 2 1/2 monthes (1 concert per week ).

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1895
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home