Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 44
Re: 2024 Tour?
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 8, 2023 13:07

How about 7 shows in America and 7 in Europe to make everybody happy?

Posted by: longvehicle ()
Date: September 8, 2023 13:19

Argentina?

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:02

franzk

Not “everybody” lives in America or Europe…

Posted by: MonicaDe ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:05

franzk

Absolutely great idea! winking smiley
Like Topi said, we wish to have them in Europe, but time will tell...

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 8, 2023 15:41

MonicaDe
franzk

Absolutely great idea! winking smiley
Like Topi said, we wish to have them in Europe, but time will tell...

But how would it be unfair for them to go to the US?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2023 16:00

powerage78

Afterwards, I don't know, but it's true that Ronnie seemed effete, in the background, while Keith and Mick seemed much more in good form.

And still Ronnie is the only of them who has performed live this year, almost regularly.

- Doxa

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 8, 2023 16:00

franzk

Yes fantastic and so doable if they played the 7 shows in the same venue, at 80 the travelling must suck and who wants to hang around in hotels for 3 to 4 days between gigs, would be better if the boys could return to their homes between gigs both sides of the Atlantic.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 8, 2023 16:15

Doxa
powerage78

Afterwards, I don't know, but it's true that Ronnie seemed effete, in the background, while Keith and Mick seemed much more in good form.

And still Ronnie is the only of them who has performed live this year, almost regularly.

- Doxa

You're right, he stayed very active.
That's the impression he gave me during the press conference, but I'm certainly wrong.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: September 8, 2023 16:52

RisingStone
franzk

Not “everybody” lives in America or Europe…

Don't get angry with me. I was just trying to find a convinient solution to US/EU tour debate in this thread. winking smiley

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: September 8, 2023 18:24

longvehicle
Argentina?

This gets my vote. Just because this is the next fan made multicam I wanna watch. And those fans might actually appreciate some new music.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: September 8, 2023 18:49

Dan
longvehicle
Argentina?

This gets my vote. Just because this is the next fan made multicam I wanna watch. And those fans might actually appreciate some new music.
Yep. These fans from Argentina got the most passion. You could hear and see them last year at many places e.g. Madrid and Milan.

Date: September 8, 2023 19:59

Of course, people talking about residency in small venues
but imagine a residency of 7 shows in giant football stadiums in Buenos Aires smoking smileysmoking smileysmoking smiley

MAF
Dan
longvehicle
Argentina?

Yep. These fans from Argentina got the most passion. You could hear and see them last year at many places e.g. Madrid and Milan.

Last year I went to Europe for the 60th tour, the number of Argentinians who traveled was MASSIVE

Madrid, Milan and London are the most common destinations for Argentines
but for example in Munich I went with a friend and my Argentine t-shirt, and in less than half an hour we had already formed a group of at least 15 Argentines

Date: September 8, 2023 20:28

keefriffhards
Doxa
powerage78

- Doxa

Twice was it ?, a few hours playing, not really a big deal for Ronnie, Keith played and sang with Willie Nelson and I'm sure he's working at keeping his chops together for when/if Mick's knee recovers.

I have had the impression that Ronnie does gigs once in a while, but I needed to check that from great timeisonourside.com. Yeah, seven live appearances this year so far. I forgot Keith's Willie appearance, though.

- Doxa

Date: September 8, 2023 20:38

By the way, since the come back/reunion of 2012, has Mick performed live anywhere outside the Stones context? I can't recall any such appearance (private things, like funerals, do not count). He really seems to dedicate all of his performing services to the use of the Stones.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 20:42 by Doxa.

Date: September 8, 2023 20:47

Just a thought, now Steve Jordan is the Stones drummer that puts pay to an Expensive Wino's album or mini tour due to politics.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: September 8, 2023 22:03

They won't miss North America out. They won't miss Europe out. That's their bread and butter. They will of course go further afield if possible.

Ultimately, it all boils down to one thing. Health. Forget everything they have done touring wise in the past. We are in new territory for a band of this size and of this age.

Let's applaud and love every Stones show that does happen moving forward. Who knows when it will end (or indeed if it has already ended).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-08 22:04 by petewasbristol.

Posted by: Zotz ()
Date: September 9, 2023 00:24

Perhaps De Beers will sponsor the US Hackney Diamonds Tour.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 9, 2023 00:45

They will go where the money is..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-09-09 00:56 by mickijaggeroo.

Date: September 9, 2023 03:59

Already?

Something will be announced.

Too much speculation, wishes, and hopeful thinking.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 12:51

I think that "a new era" could be the new "format" of live show; smaller venues where Mick doesn't dance and run everywhere...

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 17:50

The other day, the announcement of Angry and Hackney Diamonds once more proves the magic secret concerning anything the Stones did and do float on just one thing:
P A T I E N C E cool smiley

smileys with beer

What a joy already being able to listen to Angry every day (apart from other music off course) winking smiley

I'm a GHOST living in a ghost town

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 9, 2023 19:09

Please do not use IORR for posting about theoretical health issues. IORR is not a medical jouurnal, and health is still a private matter.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: September 9, 2023 22:09

Looking forward to the 2024 NA tour Ronnie mentioned.

Mick sprung out of his seat several times at the livestream album announcement, so I'm not too worried about any potential injuries he may have had earlier this year.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 23:31

They will tour in 2024, 2025 and 2026.
They are young.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: micha063 ()
Date: September 9, 2023 23:33

I'm almost sure, there will be a tour after the release of the album and I would be surprised if its not the USA.
One thing is for sure: It's @#$%& great, that they are active!

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 04:35

I know it’s far too early to begin setlist speculations - but I’d open up with Angry.

Date: September 10, 2023 10:02

Shawn20
I know it’s far too early to begin setlist speculations - but I’d open up with Angry.

Yeah i was thinking about that and how well Angry would come across live, I'm not sure it will have the power live that the recording has, the vocals will be very difficult and so much of the guitar work is hard to decipher, plus Keith can't play lead and bass at the same time.winking smiley

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: September 10, 2023 10:58

keefriffhards
Shawn20

Yeah i was thinking about that and how well Angry would come across live, I'm not sure it will have the power live that the recording has, the vocals will be very difficult and so much of the guitar work is hard to decipher, plus Keith can't play lead and bass at the same time.winking smiley

then maybe for this song he could play bass while ronnie and mick handle the guitars

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 10, 2023 12:17

Shawn20

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 10, 2023 12:23

Set list discussions are here:

The Rolling Stones set list discussions

Bjornulf

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 44

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2076
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50