Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New Era?
Posted by: donvis ()
Date: September 6, 2023 21:57

Was there any mention all of the so-called new era? If there was I missed it.

Re: New Era?
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: September 6, 2023 22:02

None.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: September 6, 2023 22:08

I think they're too old to start a new "era". We've been in the "just enjoying it while we still can" era since the 50th anniversary tour, and I anticipate that till the end.

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: September 6, 2023 22:12

I don't really see a new era when the music video they released for the main single is a compilation of decades old footage.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 6, 2023 22:16

New era = post Charlie

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 6, 2023 22:19

With another 'albums worth' of material they referenced, if this album does well I wouldn't discount more releases, particularly if touring becomes problematic for any reason. Maybe post-Charlie this is another way forward?

Date: September 6, 2023 22:20

But they were already doing the Sixty tour without Charlie

Date: September 6, 2023 22:24

Still the same 'never ending tour' theme under a new name. Playing old material and shows that they would have played anyway but for having to bring in a new drummer.

This is actually the first time they've done a major press event for a new album that hasnt been locked into a simultaneous tour announcement since 1986. Since then, the tour announcement has always been the 'main attraction'

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 6, 2023 22:24

I was waiting for it too. But now I think:

New album = new era

Because for the first time in almost 20 years there is a brand new Rolling Stones record.

Date: September 6, 2023 22:26

NilsHolgersson
I don't really see a new era when the music video they released for the main single is a compilation of decades old footage.

Watch the last five seconds. Thats your 'new era' grinning smiley

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: September 6, 2023 23:00

I think that even though there will be some touring/residencies in the future, they are slowly realizing that doing these long live shows just isn't viable anymore at their age. They can probably make 2-3 albums in a controlled environment, with the right collaborators etc, so I think that is what the "new era" will be. And I'm all for it!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: September 6, 2023 23:03

Sure it is a new era, but you will not know until later, right?

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 6, 2023 23:17

Gazza
Still the same 'never ending tour' theme under a new name. Playing old material and shows that they would have played anyway but for having to bring in a new drummer.

This is actually the first time they've done a major press event for a new album that hasnt been locked into a simultaneous tour announcement since 1986. Since then, the tour announcement has always been the 'main attraction'

Yes but isn't that due to "Mick's injury" ? Wasn't the reason for the "deadline" the tour announcement at the end of February ?

It's also very odd that there were no questions on WHEN they would take this on the road, neither by Fallon or after when Mick and Ronnie took questions. As if the journos had been briefed NOT to ask about a tour, it seemed like an obvious question after asking if they were looking forward to playing these songs live.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: September 6, 2023 23:21

I think someone asked Ronnie and he said there were plans to tour America next year

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: September 6, 2023 23:50

New era = same set list played in reverse order whilst seated.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: September 7, 2023 00:52

Dependent on popularity for new album, possibly / hopefully touring the album to a large extent, like they did with some studio albums in the past. Playing many songs from it on every show. Necessarily then letting some warhorses remain unused, varying from show to show which warhorses.Then 'new era' will/would be a fully warranted term.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 7, 2023 00:57

It's just marketing BS

(Unless my theory about the avatar shows is correct grinning smiley)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2023 01:00

Of course its a new era .....

What were yas all praying for ???? .... a new error

ROCKMAN

Date: September 7, 2023 01:04

gotdablouse
Gazza

Yes but isn't that due to "Mick's injury" ? Wasn't the reason for the "deadline" the tour announcement at the end of February ?

It's also very odd that there were no questions on WHEN they would take this on the road, neither by Fallon or after when Mick and Ronnie took questions. As if the journos had been briefed NOT to ask about a tour, it seemed like an obvious question after asking if they were looking forward to playing these songs live.

To be honest, I'm glad it was just focussed on the new record. Thats what the whole event was about.

The Stones havent held press events to announce new tours for a couple of decades now - since their last proper world tour started in 2005. We've known for months there would be no tour in 2023, and it'll be no real surprise when they confirm shows in 2024. A tour isnt a major news event now. An album of new songs for the first time in 18 years clearly is. Which is good.

Posted by: dmay ()
Date: September 7, 2023 23:50

Oh, man, new era? I think it's more about relevancy in the idea of "Hey, remember us, we're still around making records." I know, a bit of snark, but....

Posted by: RisingStone ()
Date: September 8, 2023 00:14

It’s only publicity stunt. Business as usual. No more, no less.
I don’t read too much into it.

Date: September 8, 2023 00:21

They are preparing us for the to be announced “New Eras” tour as a way to attract the Swiftie fans.

On the 7th day God created The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: September 8, 2023 02:10

New Era: Was -> Watt

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 8, 2023 02:15

The Gaga Macca-Stones era

Posted by: MonkeyMan2000 ()
Date: September 10, 2023 13:28

I was secretly hoping that the new era reference would be a partial opening of the vaults.
Let's say they'd be starting with the live recordings from 2012 to 2019 with the gigs, rehearsals etc and move on from there to reveal even more in the years to come.
Make a great website with an interface where you can find the gig you were looking for and then set a minimum price you have to pay to purchase it. Then you might chose to pay more to keep the project afloat. It could be a project financed from the fans for the fans, because all those shows and hours of rehearsals don't have much appeal to the general public. With this, they wouldn't release something that they could monetise in an other way and a looot of die hards would be very happy smiling smiley

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: September 10, 2023 13:39

We're over thinking it. It's just marketing talk and doesn't merit further analysis.

It is aimed at the general public, not us.

'The new era' is NOT going to be 'all future re-releases will be oven baked flat transfers from true stereo master-tapes' or something similarly nerdy.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: September 10, 2023 15:01

Exactly, Bakersfield

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: September 10, 2023 15:11

Why announce a "new Era"? and how many Eras we have? Era Tony Chapman, Era Brian Jones, Era Mick Taylor, Era Ron Wood, Era without Bill Wyman and Era without Charlie Watts?
Well, maybe there may be others like Era with Mick Taylor at the shows or Era outside England or Era "Just My imagination"... smiling smiley.
I think it will only be understood with some official explanation from the band.
I'm not worried about that and I just want good Rolling Stones music and of course some concerts.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: September 10, 2023 16:54

ERA ...
Expect Random Acts

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: September 11, 2023 10:41

RisingStone
It’s only publicity stunt. Business as usual. No more, no less.
I don’t read too much into it.

And it's not like anyone else apart from us paid attention to that "detail", no question about it by Fallon or the journos after the event.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2222
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home