Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: December 3, 2005 21:31

Leave you name here and your reaction to the "I squeeze you as much as I can" prices in Holland, then I copy this and mail it to the "Telegraaf" ( if there are enough reactions ).
Maybe it will help bring down the ticketprices for the next concerts ( maybe just wishfull thinking, but you'll never know ).
Let them know there's a reason for something that has never happened before in Holland: the first and only concert is not sold out jet !!

Message from the IORR editor:
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE LONG SUBJECT LINES:
Idea: sign up here and I will send this to hollands nr. 1 newspaper to let them know the fans are fed up with this prices and want to boycot them
A SUBJECT IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN EXTRACT. NOT A LONG MESSAGE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-03 22:48 by bv.

Re: Idea: sign up here and I will send this to hollands nr. 1 newspaper to let them know the fans are fed up with this prices and want to boycot them
Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: December 3, 2005 21:32

what are the prices in the Netherlands ?
in France, they go from 80 to 150 euros

Re: Idea: sign up here and I will send this to hollands nr. 1 newspaper to let them know the fans are fed up with this prices and want to boycot them
Posted by: shedooby ()
Date: December 3, 2005 21:40

It' not the prices alone; usually there are 2 or more locations in Holland, now the echodome only....100+ euro for that makes people decide not to go or travel into Europe (like I did) I read somewhere that ticketboxes in Germany and Belgium are visited huge by Dutch fans so...skip that f****n arena

Date: December 3, 2005 21:49

Prices in Holland:

Staanplaats veld, eerste vak
€ 114

Staanplaats veld, GEEN eerste vak
€ 103

Rang 3
€ 129

Rang 4
€ 114

Rang 5
€ 99

Rang 6
€ 89

Rang 7
€ 79

Rang 8
€ 79

Rang 9
€ 79

Rolstoel-/begeleiderplaats
€ 103

Can someone tell me with dry eyes and without letting his nose grow that this is normal.
It's 35 % up from 2003 ( Licks ).
Some inflation.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 21:59

I can sympathize with those who think the tickets are too expensive, but I fully understand why they are what they are: it's what the market will bear.

Imagine someone complaining about the price of a Picasso or a Van Gogh that was sold at an auction. Yup, those are expensive pieces of canvas and splotches of oil, but that's what the market will bear and they ain't making any more of them.

The Stones have nearly the same market advantage: people know or fear that they'll never get to see them again, so they justify putting down a large chunk of change to catch what may be their last tour. The worst thing that could happen is that they're wrong and the Stones tour once more. But if they didn't go and it was their last tour, many people would be pretty bummed about missing them.

Remember, we're talking about the music business, and it's only half music and mostly business at best, it's not art for art's sake.

Finally, there are the North American prices, if you consider prices on this side of the pond, then ticket prices have actually gone down.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:21

yeah, the prices are way out of hand!!!It looks like mick or (i hope) that bloody bearded promoter,wants us to be street fighting rock&roll hooligans ,outlaws,gettin in for free!!!So lets relive tha sixties and give the stones back their own ,bad boys of r&r karma!right.period,

Posted by: Reptile ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:25

In one way I agree but boycotting them? No, sir! They should lower the prices indeed, but I'll come. Rain or shine! And although in that form we may compare this to Katrina, you're still visiting the best show on the planet.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:26

I sign up. I wont go to a Dutch show.
Baboon van Bro.

Posted by: db44 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:34

Camper88 that's what this thread is all about: the market, at least the Dutch market, won't bear it anymore! For the first time in Stones-history in Holland, they can't even sell out one concert. Although idiots like me and other diehard-fans buy tickets; most people won't. And in 2003 there were 6 shows in this country so most people won't pay that much money for the same old songs and maybe they're waiting for the final goodbye tour.

Posted by: camper88 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:37

db44 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Camper88 that's what this thread is all about: the
> market, at least the Dutch market, won't bear it
> anymore! For the first time in Stones-history in
> Holland, they can't even sell out one concert.
> Although idiots like me and other diehard-fans buy
> tickets; most people won't. And in 2003 there were
> 6 shows in this country so most people won't pay
> that much money for the same old songs and maybe
> they're waiting for the final goodbye tour.

If that's true, then the market will have a correction . . . prices will drop, etc.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:44

Wont sign up,Istead get in free with me mates.90 e is a good price foo field-tickets ,so lets drink to the hard working people.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:51

---Just bought a field---ticket on Ebay---munich 16th of July 71 Euro

---less than 2003!!!

You can buy tickets for 30 Euro on concert-day---i am sure!

Re: Sign up here to boycot them
Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:57

It's 113 Euro for standing FOS. As you have to pay 25 Euro service fees and postage the price is over 130 Euro per standing ticket. That was in German Mark DM 260,- In 95 a Ticket kosts 65 DM in Germany. That's totally stupid. If you will go with your family it's 390 Euro (700 DM or Guilders). As I can't go to the field with my little daughter you need a ticket for stands near the stage so the kid can see a little bit other than the jumbo screen. So a ticket in the stands is over 200 Euro that makes 600 Euro for a 3 head family or 1200 DM or 1200 Guilders. That's totally stupid so I won't go with my family. Thanks a lot, guys! Really cheap! I better stop here before I get really angry!

Posted by: db44 ()
Date: December 3, 2005 22:57

Camper88, hope you're right. But, for example: an half empty-stadium (Amsterdam Arena) with the current exorbitant prices will give them more money than a fullpacked Arena (Ahoy). And I don't have to tell you which venue Mick and company will choose. Btw: Mick (and Charlie) always delivers and I still think a Stones-concert is a great experience. But is it so difficult to show some respect for the (European) fans. Decent ticket prices, transparant ticketing, no jukebox-setlist and not only stadium-shows. In that way, to be honest, I must say that we're so spoilt at the Licks-tour. But is that the reason for the Big Bucks-tour?

Date: December 3, 2005 23:58

db44 Wrote:
But is it so difficult to show some respect for the (European) fans. Decent ticket prices, transparant ticketing, no jukebox-setlist and not only stadium-shows.

O.k., maybe I've got carried away, and did I miss the point that I must be thankfull for the decent ticket prices ( cheapest standing: € 103,- ), the transparant ticketing ( membership fee and pre-sales, sold out standings in 5 minutes due to presales for people like me who resist to pay membership because it's the same as scalping ), the no-jukebox setlist ( since when do they play more different songs in Europe than in the US ? ) and all of the Arena shows in Europe ( name one please ).
You're right, concider this post as not written, and I will not bore people to dead anymore with my complaining.
If there's someone who does agree with my first post, let me know.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 4, 2005 00:15

I wont go to the Amsterdam show either.

Date: December 4, 2005 00:42

i'll sign up i am so angry with the moneymachine called rolling stones

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 4, 2005 01:02

Try buying in the UK !

There are NO standing tickets -ALL SEATS A,B &C BLOCKS At Wembley are £162 + postage + " PLATINUM MEMBERSHIP FEE " of £65 !

How can this be a membership fee if you have to buy it for each concert,even if you are only buying singles ?

It's quite simply the most expensive BOOKING FEE in history.

I'll stop there............er,maybe not;

What did they think they where doing starting the presales early . I was at work and missed all of the good seats and have up to now got NOTHING.

Will there actually be public sales, as Wembley 1 seems to have sold out completely. Do they hope everyone will pay the Platinum fee ? WTF is going on I am sick to the stomach of this greed.

sc uk

Date: December 4, 2005 01:08

Feel free to sign up for other country's too !

Posted by: Stranger ()
Date: December 4, 2005 03:26

Finally a few people have put their thinking caps on and are beginning to wonder how the global movements of the giant vacuumcleaner with RS logo should be interpreted...

A couple of months ago when I tried to point out what was going to happen, I was told that I was being too negative. Even if you don't get to see a copy of their businessplan it is not too hard to predict where this is going to go.
If nobody bothers to protest against these practices this time around, they will take it even further on the next tour and you will have to show your American Express Platinum Wristband or else you won't get in.

I'll definitely sign up. Those fans that still have their wits about should unite to teach the corporate wolves a valuable lesson. Otherwise they'll conclude they can fool all the people all the time.
There really is no reason (other than greed) for the prices to be as high as they are. And don't start comparing the sound produced in the Amsterdam Arena to a fine painting by the old Dutch master Vincent van Gogh.

Perhaps these prices just go to show how the Stones have gotten completely out of touch with the longtime fans and their most loyal supporters. It is not surprising that their movements are money motivated, but what is a disgrace is that there is not even a little bit of appreciation for their old fans that is getting in the way of any of their decisions. It's not the first time they've heard complaints about the Amsterdam Arena, so if they still want to charge the maximum then the least they can do is choose a different venue. Or offer an alternative location.

They are so loaded by now that they find it hard to relate to the buying power of "normal" people. With normal I mean people that are not multiple millionairs.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 4, 2005 10:07

This is a ridiculous idea. Just don't go to the shows. Others will take your place as a lot will be on the marketplaces up the day of the concert, thus drop down and allowing fans or young audiences to join.
Dutch tickets seem to the same price levels as those in Paris,which are equal to those of 40 Licks.

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: December 4, 2005 10:16

Agree with you, PHD.

More than a ridiculous idea.

Don't go and see them, Happy Rambler.That is the solution.

Posted by: arnaud ()
Date: December 4, 2005 11:56

phd seems to have more money as the others
2platinums members (my wife and i) 100x2 = 200€
5 places x 75 = 375€
i am happy to live at 20 mn of the show !!!!
btw : i forget 5 mn after the opening presales (start 10h15 nice when you work !)
there was no more good place ....

Date: December 4, 2005 12:14

Where do you get that ! I got pitch places at 91 € less than you.
btw : you have missed the second part.The day of the concert, everyone will be able to buy tickets at hal price face value, due to my guess that it will not be sold out this time due to unfortunate bad sales of ABB in France ( did not reach 100,000 copies)

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 4, 2005 12:17

The best way to boycot something is not to buy it.
That´s what the Stones will notice immediately.

In my case I ´just can´t, I know the prices are w a y too high,
but I´m an addict. I could never leave a tour off. But the
Stones got me and some of my hardcore Stones buddies at a point
where we are forced to limit the shows. That´s a boycot in a way, too.

Date: December 4, 2005 12:40

TooTough, you are right. But I bet scalpers will be in so availabilty for tickets at low prices will be high, especially in UK and in France

Date: December 4, 2005 12:41

phd Wrote:
> This is a ridiculous idea. Just don't go to the
> shows.

Isn't that just what boycotting is all about ?

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: December 4, 2005 12:47

@phd
I think Amsterdam was cheaper than Stade de France during licks.

Date: December 4, 2005 13:00

Range of prices were from 70 to 140 € during Licks and are at that level for ABB.
bearing in mind that 140 € were for happy few ( around 3,000 for an audience of 80,000)but not well-placed compared to the pitch or more faraway seats which get a better sound and overall view.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 4, 2005 13:18

I
WILL
NEVER
SIGN

JumpingKentFlash

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home