Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Concerts in Eastern Europe . . .
Posted by: electric-duane ()
Date: December 1, 2005 13:20

Wow - great to see the new dates for the Stones European tour have been announced.

I saw the Stones on the Licks tour in Hockenheim, Germany and Prague, Czech Republic (I live just outside of Frankfurt - Rodgau, to be exact). The Stones are playing in Frankfurt this year (but even the cheap seats are pretty expensive).

So, the wife and I were thinking of taking a little holiday to the east (I enjoy travelling to Poland, Czech Republic, etc. so combining the Stones with your summer holiday is a dream-come-true).

So a couple of questions I have for you all:

1.) I've been to Warsaw twice but know nothing about where to concert will be taking place. Unfortunately I only speak about five Polish words (beer, thank you, hello, etc.). Are there hostels, buses, publich transportation stations, etc. near the venue? Should it be easy for a German / English speaking American backpacker and his German speaking wife?

2.) Same goes for the concert in Brno, Belgrade and Zagreb . . .

The Belgrade and Zagreb concerts are more intersting as I've never been to Yugoslavia or Croatia and would like to visit the countries (I've been to Poland and the Czech Republich many times).

So, what do you guys say? What kind of information can you give to us foreigners that may help us decide?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Re: Concerts in Eastern Europe . . .
Posted by: thrak ()
Date: December 1, 2005 15:29

Warsaw Concert is on the outsikrts. never have been there , u2 and lenny kravits played there. About 100.000 people place. don't worry about hotels , food , transport - it's a capital of POLAND smiling smiley big city and cheaper than paris or berlin. We have no details yet how it's gonna be. i hope they gonna change place to Chorzow Stadium , which is smaller and better. Bemowo is gonna be like Praga 2003 - big squere ( praga was great)

one i can tell you . polish fans are lot more enthustiastic than german fans smiling smiley ( as i compred in Prague). Chorzow 1998 was awsome. Last U2 show the same Bono was amazed. C U in Warsaw , Chorzow or else...

Posted by: Some Girl ()
Date: December 1, 2005 16:55

The Belgrade concert, if they indeed put it in the Hippodrome, will likely be over 100,000 capacity... I'm not sure how great an idea that is.

Posted by: Maximus84 ()
Date: December 1, 2005 16:57

I can tell you for Zagreb that will be great!! The 98 show was fantastic, also the crowd!!

Seyaaaaaa in Zagreb (CROATIA)

Posted by: sater ()
Date: December 1, 2005 17:05

don't go to warsaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it will be sucks...big filed...tons of dust,and 10000 people..why only 10000?because odyssey won't sell more ticket's

and about u2 chorzow gig...bono says:it was the best show on vertigo tour...but they play in chorzow not @#$%&' warsaw

thark..u2 in 97 played on sluzewiec horse race track..and lenny on bemowo??buahah they sold only 12000 tickets

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-12-01 17:09 by sater.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:15

Don't worry about it, according to today's news 100000 tickets will be available. I expect about 80000 people to come just like in Prague in 2003. The place is a field just like in Prague but I guess it is more on the outskirts than in the city center. I am sure there will be plenty of public transportation available.
F%^k, sater, it is not the only field concert on the tour, they always play fields so stop complaining, I know my city is the best too and I would like them to play in Sopot but forget about it, not this time.

Posted by: RedLight ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:17

I likes them Czech wimmen!

Posted by: davido ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:28

Have the Stones ever played Russia before?

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 1, 2005 18:40

Moscow in 1998

Posted by: vedran ()
Date: December 4, 2005 22:49

I wonder wich city will be put between Belgrade and Zagreb (july 4th). Probably Buapest, and that would be very cool, as all three cities are very well connected via train...

So, if you wish and can afford, I suggest to saw all three shows...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home